Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Zimmerman verdict

• Please log in to reply
389 replies to this topic

#316    Detective Mystery 2014

Detective Mystery 2014

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,802 posts

• Mysteries are tomorrow's history.

Posted 19 July 2013 - 02:34 AM

View PostOdds, on 19 July 2013 - 12:40 AM, said:

I have defended alot of comments on here and been labelled somehow rascist for doing so, simply for not agreeing with the verdict. Did the poster articulate him or herself well, i'll be the first to say no, but i do agree that Zimmerman is a complete coward, harassed a teenager, and now that teenager is dead and he walks free. So i agree with the underlying sentiment, but not the tone or way it was written.

And yes, i had the 'audacity' to comment that implying someone is rascist when race was never mentioned is completely baseless and unfounded. I'll stand by that 100%. So if you don't agree and want to overlook my posts in the future, that is your prerogative.

That's actually a good point. You're entitled to your opinion, and resulting cries of "racism" aren't fair or justified since they aren't based on evidence (unintentional irony). Individuals can have different views, which are free of ideology. You're stating things as you see them, and there's nothing racist about it.

There is one reality with billions of versions.

#317    Odds

Odds

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 936 posts

• -Never judge a man till you've walked a mile in his shoes... After that, who cares. Your a mile away and you have his shoes. -

Posted 19 July 2013 - 03:09 AM

View PostDetective Mystery 2013, on 19 July 2013 - 02:34 AM, said:

That's actually a good point. You're entitled to your opinion, and resulting cries of "racism" aren't fair or justified since they aren't based on evidence (unintentional irony). Individuals can have different views, which are free of ideology. You're stating things as you see them, and there's nothing racist about it.

I really appreciate that post, thank you.

~Today's mighty Oak is just yesterdays nut that held it's ground~

#318    Spiral staircase

Spiral staircase

Breaking

• 3,607 posts

• Such an ugly feeling that won't leave.

Posted 19 July 2013 - 05:53 AM

View Postsupervike, on 19 July 2013 - 01:36 AM, said:

Again, all conjecture on your part.  He did call the police.  He did not hunt down anyone. He got out of the vehicle to get the address, not apprehend anyone.   Trayvon approached him and the fight ensued.

The Neighborhood Watch would be set up to find suspicious people in the neighborhood.  Then call the police.  Exactly what Zimmerman did.

Neighborhood watches are never trained to chase after people on foot and risk being approached. Neighborhood watches are supposed to watch, observe and report, not shoot minors.

#319    praetorian-legio XIII

praetorian-legio XIII

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 455 posts

• Beer; Now there's a temporary solution.

Posted 19 July 2013 - 04:35 PM

Legio, you're thinking of justice in the legal sense. These idiots making threats and destroying property don't understand that. All they know is social justice.

Hey F3SS, does the possibility exist that it is, in fact, anti-social justice they seek?

Edited by praetorian-legio XIII, 19 July 2013 - 04:37 PM.

#320    green_dude777

green_dude777

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 978 posts

• When you look back in life, you don't regret what you did, you regret what you never attempted.

Posted 19 July 2013 - 04:43 PM

View PostOdds, on 19 July 2013 - 01:45 AM, said:

Since when did walking home from 7/11 become suspicious? And i believe he was told by the dispacher not to exit the car, which he ignored. Could he not have waited till Trayvon went inside, then get the address, therefor avoiding all chance of a confrontation? He decided to not do anything responsible that night, and a young man is dead. A free man is not what he deserves to be.

I think wearing a hooded sweatshirt with the hood up, especially at night, became suspicious because of this guy;

http://www.google.co...Sj1oAQ#imgdii=_

edit: Wouldn't let me actually post the picture.

Edited by green_dude777, 19 July 2013 - 04:44 PM.

#321    supervike

supervike

Alien Abducter

• 5,221 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 05:40 PM

View PostThe world needs you, on 19 July 2013 - 05:53 AM, said:

Neighborhood watches are never trained to chase after people on foot and risk being approached. Neighborhood watches are supposed to watch, observe and report, not shoot minors.

Zimmerman didn't chase after anyone on foot, he stepped out of his vehicle to get an address.

But, even if he did those things....none of them would be illegal, including the 'shooting of a minor', as it was ruled self defense.  I guess you can keep typing until your fingers give out, but it's not going to change the legal verdict that was passed down.

#322    supervike

supervike

Alien Abducter

• 5,221 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 06:04 PM

View PostOdds, on 19 July 2013 - 01:45 AM, said:

Since when did walking home from 7/11 become suspicious? And i believe he was told by the dispacher not to exit the car, which he ignored. Could he not have waited till Trayvon went inside, then get the address, therefor avoiding all chance of a confrontation? He decided to not do anything responsible that night, and a young man is dead. A free man is not what he deserves to be.

The 7/11, the skittles, the tea, none of that has anything to do with this.

These are the facts.

After a series of break ins in this GATED community, Zimmerman notices a young man acting oddly in the rain, looking at houses and walking slowly.  This is enough for Zimmerman to call him 'very suspicious'.  This person takes off running.  Zimmerman is on the phone with Dispatch while this happens.

The dispatch never said anything about getting out of a car.  They asked "are you following him" Zimmerman says 'Yes".  Dispatch says "we don't need you to do that".   Zimmerman replies "okay".

Then he says to the dispatch to have the police call him upon arrival, and he'll provide the address.

Then according to Zimmermans account, he got out at the point where he lost the person to get the address.  That's when he was attacked by Martin.  Zimmerman felt his life was in danger, pulled the gun and shot him.  The evidence all bears this out.

Zimmerman may well indeed gone above and beyond what he should have been doing.  He was carrying a gun.  None of that was illegal, however.  Not intelligent, maybe, but not criminal.

Martin may well indeed felt his life was in jeopardy as well, and decided to confront Zimmerman.  Again not illegal.  Not intelligent, but not criminal.  

It only becomes an issue when Martin begins the fight, and Zimmerman shoots him.

A million things could have diffused the whole situation, but those things did not happen.  We are left with the aftermath.  An overzealous Neighborhood Watch person, and a dead teenager.

Believe me, I do not think Zimmerman is any sort of hero.  But, it's understandable the way he acted.  Just as I feel it's understandable the way Martin reacted.  It's a sad situation that is not rectified by Zimmerman going to jail.

I understand the anger of wanted Zimmerman punished, but I really don't understand the reluctance of looking at the cold hard facts.  That's what the jury went on, and I feel that is why we have the acquittal.

Edited by supervike, 19 July 2013 - 06:32 PM.

#323    Zaphod222

Zaphod222

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,594 posts

• When the gods wish to punish us, they answer our prayers.
    (Oscar Wilde)

Posted 19 July 2013 - 06:42 PM

View PostThe world needs you, on 19 July 2013 - 05:53 AM, said:

As much as I distrust the US justice system, I quite convinced that if the evidence had shown that the neighbourhood watch guy had "shot down a minor" just like that, out of the blue, he would have been convicted.

Is that really all that happened in your mind, and where did hear this story? MSNBC? Al Sharpton? Did you read more than just the juicy soundbytes?

"The moment you declare a set of ideas to be immune from criticism, satire, derision, or contempt, freedom of thought becomes impossible." (Salman Rushdie)

#324    Sweetpumper

Sweetpumper

Heatseeker

• 10,043 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 06:48 PM

View PostZaphod222, on 19 July 2013 - 06:42 PM, said:

As much as I distrust the US justice system, I quite convinced that if the evidence had shown that the neighbourhood watch guy had "shot down a minor" just like that, out of the blue, he would have been convicted.

Is that really all that happened in your mind, and where did hear this story? MSNBC? Al Sharpton? Did you read more than just the juicy soundbytes?

All he cares about is a person's color. Right or wrong, truth or lie be damned.

"At it's most basic level, science is supposed to represent the investigation of the unexplained, not the explanation of the uninvestigated."
- Hunt for the Skinwalker

"So many people forget that the first country the Nazis invaded was their own." Dr. Abraham Erskine

#325    The Unseen

The Unseen

Poltergeist

• 2,774 posts

• Whats out there?

Posted 19 July 2013 - 09:12 PM

View PostSir Wearer of Hats, on 13 July 2013 - 11:01 PM, said:

there'll be riots in the streets in he does.
No there will not be,Every one thinks the blacks will act foolish and burn down everything in sight. Not going to happen.This is Florida not Compton.

#326    Spiral staircase

Spiral staircase

Breaking

• 3,607 posts

• Such an ugly feeling that won't leave.

Posted 19 July 2013 - 09:17 PM

View PostThe Unseen, on 19 July 2013 - 09:12 PM, said:

No there will not be,Every one thinks the blacks will act foolish and burn down everything in sight. Not going to happen.This is Florida not Compton.

Compton according to the 2010 Census ranks Hispanics as 65% of the population there. African-Americans are now just 32.9%. Times have changed...

[link]

Due to black flight many blacks have moved to the suburbs allowing Hispanics to move in after them. This is one reason we will not be seeing riots.

A thread fully discussing all of this has been made in the United States and Americas forum.

Edited by The world needs you, 19 July 2013 - 09:26 PM.

#327    F3SS

F3SS

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,008 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 09:41 PM

View Postpraetorian-legio XIII, on 19 July 2013 - 04:35 PM, said:

Legio, you're thinking of justice in the legal sense. These idiots making threats and destroying property don't understand that. All they know is social justice.

Hey F3SS, does the possibility exist that it is, in fact, anti-social justice they seek?

Hmmm... Long day here. Too deep lol, must elaborate.

View PostZaphod222, on 19 July 2013 - 06:42 PM, said:

Progressives are agitators by nature and by agenda. They like to stir the pot, elicit controversial debate and then label other views as uncivilized and unenlightened. They sit high on a pedestal of self indulgence.
He repeatedly uses the terms 'hunt' and 'gunned down' and actually that all implies premeditation, desire or in short, the worst of all murder one. It has much to do with white guilt too.

Posted Image

#328    Odds

Odds

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 936 posts

• -Never judge a man till you've walked a mile in his shoes... After that, who cares. Your a mile away and you have his shoes. -

Posted 19 July 2013 - 09:55 PM

View Postgreen_dude777, on 19 July 2013 - 04:43 PM, said:

I think wearing a hooded sweatshirt with the hood up, especially at night, became suspicious because of this guy;

http://www.google.co...Sj1oAQ#imgdii=_

edit: Wouldn't let me actually post the picture.

Lol, i highly doubt people see a hoodie and think he is the new unabomber. I thought that was the whole point of a hoodie, is that it has a hood. It was raining that night, and anytime i wear a hoodie i put the hood up if it's cold or raining.

#329    green_dude777

green_dude777

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 978 posts

• When you look back in life, you don't regret what you did, you regret what you never attempted.

Posted 19 July 2013 - 10:18 PM

View PostOdds, on 19 July 2013 - 09:55 PM, said:

Lol, i highly doubt people see a hoodie and think he is the new unabomber. I thought that was the whole point of a hoodie, is that it has a hood. It was raining that night, and anytime i wear a hoodie i put the hood up if it's cold or raining.

So, I'm guessing you either didn't read the whole thread, or missed this in my post a couple pages back.  Or you could be trying to dodge like a couple other, regardless, here's me repeating myself, again.

""It was just a hoodie too." Again, profiling someone because of their dress is not illegal.  Many stores have policies about having hoods up.  During Halloween, many businesses will not let people enter their stores with masks on.  This is common sense.  If you don't think you profile because of dress, you're either oblivious, stupid, or are a liar.
Scenario:  You're walking down the street, it is dark.  On one side of the street, there's 5 people with their hoods up.  On the other side of the street, you have 5 people wearing button up, long sleeve shirts.  Which group do you walk through?
"

Regardless, there is nothing illegal about profiling someone because of their dress (in the U.S. that is, I can't and wouldn't speak for OZ).

#330    Odds

Odds

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 936 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 10:47 PM

Well i certainly have read through the thread, you'd know that if you had because i'm on almost every page. But profiling isn't illegal, but to me seems paranoid. Where i live in this part of Sydney, has a large surfing community and also a large lebanese community, and pretty much all the younger guys wear hoodies, it would be uncommon to not see them. So no, i wouldn't care what side of the street i was walking. If you feel intimidated to walk down the street in your own neighbourhood because someone is wearing a certain style of clothing, i think it's pretty clear where the problem lies, and it's it's not with the person who is wearing a hoodie.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users