Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * - - 2 votes

zimmerman's rights are our rights.

• Please log in to reply
263 replies to this topic

#211    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 23,867 posts

• Hey, I'm not wrong. I'm just not completely right.

Posted 31 July 2013 - 01:05 AM

I thought the "He got away with Murder" juror has been shown to have been misquoted. ABC edited her interview and video to make it seem like she was saying he got away with murder when what she was doing was repeating a question asked of her.

ABC: Do you feel GZ got away with murder?

Juror: Do I feel he got away with murder......??? I feel that God is going to be his final judge. (Or something similar. I can look it up.)

And what ABC edited and broadcast was...
Juror: ...He got away with murder...

And she is hispanic, not black... (nitpick) :innocent:

EDIT:
http://www.examiner....-with-juror-b29

Saletan also said that while she stands by her verdict, ABC edited her response to make it appear as though she intended to say something else.

Edited by DieChecker, 31 July 2013 - 01:09 AM.

Here at Intel we make processors on 12 inch wafers. And, the individual processors on the wafers are called die. And, I am employed to check these die. That is why I am the DieChecker.

At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Qualifications? This is cryptozoology, dammit! All that is required is the spirit of adventure. - Night Walker

#212    ciriuslea

ciriuslea

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 490 posts

• CHAMP20NS

Posted 31 July 2013 - 01:19 AM

View PostDieChecker, on 31 July 2013 - 01:05 AM, said:

Oh so its a case of media slight of hand, I had thought it odd,
I haven't followed the case to closely but pick up snippets of conversation and comments,

Edited by ciriuslea, 31 July 2013 - 01:34 AM.

#213    danielost

danielost

Forum Divinity

• 31,828 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 01:54 AM

This would be the second network, trying to make someone say something other than what they said.

I am a Mormon.  If I don't use Mormons believe, those my beliefs only.
I do not go to church haven't for thirty years.
There are other Mormons on this site. So if I have misspoken about the beliefs. I welcome their input.
I am not perfect and never will be. I do strive to be true to myself. I do my best to stay true to the Mormon faith. Thanks for caring and if you don't peace be with you.

#214    joc

joc

Adminstrator of Cosmic Blues

• 14,465 posts

• They're wearing steel that's bright and true
    They carry news that must get through
    They choose the path where no-one goes

Posted 31 July 2013 - 03:42 AM

View PostBabe Ruth, on 26 July 2013 - 12:36 PM, said:

Too nuanced for you Joc.  Not too worry. :tu:

Did you see the comments of the juror aired on ABC?  Weak sister, she was, and felt he should have been convicted of 2nd degree.  Other jurors persuaded her to acquit.
I did not see the comments of any of the jurors...because I don't watch TV!  Besides, it was not entertainment!  It was a trial.  I didn't follow the trial...and guess what...the millions of you that did...whoopteefreakindoo...what difference did any of your comments make?  None.
Six people decided on a verdict...and if you think all juries are all unanimous all the time because everyone is unanimous...you don't know beans about the justice system anyway.  There are usually some who have to be persuaded...and if it comes down to YOU...you know what happens if you take the platitude of your own way is THE way, and everyone else can take the HighWay?  Hung Jury that's what...and then what happens?  New trial...and here we go again...there is a lot of pressure on all jurors and it MUST be unanimous...or it's a hung jury.  So...there...take that and pour it on your post toasties.

Posted Image
once i believed that starlight could guide me home
now i know that light is old and stars are cold

ReverbNation

#215    Gummug

Gummug

Poltergeist

• 2,426 posts

• "There are more things in heaven and earth than are dreamt of in your philosophy" -- Shakespeare

Posted 31 July 2013 - 06:42 AM

View PostBabe Ruth, on 29 July 2013 - 07:19 PM, said:

Yes, ad nauseam.  And I have acknowledged in many posts that Zimmerman did not break any laws by not obeying, nor did he break any laws by being armed.

But he was not off duty from NW, at least as I understand it.

In that capacity, by disregarding the advice, he committed reckless actions, and initiated an encounter that resulted in a wrongful death.

So say the lawyers, but they will say anything.  Time will tell.
What reckless actions did he commit? Following Martin to see if he was "casing the houses" or not? If someone who seemed to be on drugs were walking slowly in the rain, and looking around in your neighborhood, wouldn't you want to see what they were up to? Maybe follow them if need be? I wouldn't call that reckless....

The more I learn, the more I realize how little I know....

#216    Gummug

Gummug

Poltergeist

• 2,426 posts

• "There are more things in heaven and earth than are dreamt of in your philosophy" -- Shakespeare

Posted 31 July 2013 - 06:52 AM

View PostDieChecker, on 31 July 2013 - 01:05 AM, said:

I thought the "He got away with Murder" juror has been shown to have been misquoted. ABC edited her interview and video to make it seem like she was saying he got away with murder when what she was doing was repeating a question asked of her.

ABC: Do you feel GZ got away with murder?

Juror: Do I feel he got away with murder......??? I feel that God is going to be his final judge. (Or something similar. I can look it up.)

And what ABC edited and broadcast was...
Juror: ...He got away with murder...

And she is hispanic, not black... (nitpick) :innocent:

EDIT:
http://www.examiner....-with-juror-b29
I am getting so sick and tired of the media and the way they spin things (in other words lie). And I really think they literally have blood on their hands.

#217    danielost

danielost

Forum Divinity

• 31,828 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 11:25 AM

The press used to be about the truth, no matter who got hurt.  Now it is all about agendy.  Fox seems to be a little more about truth than they others.  But, they promote agendies too.

There are other Mormons on this site. So if I have misspoken about the beliefs. I welcome their input.
I am not perfect and never will be. I do strive to be true to myself. I do my best to stay true to the Mormon faith. Thanks for caring and if you don't peace be with you.

#218    Babe Ruth

Babe Ruth

Non-Corporeal Being

• Closed
  • 8,732 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 07:33 PM

View PostGummug, on 31 July 2013 - 06:42 AM, said:

What reckless actions did he commit? Following Martin to see if he was "casing the houses" or not? If someone who seemed to be on drugs were walking slowly in the rain, and looking around in your neighborhood, wouldn't you want to see what they were up to? Maybe follow them if need be? I wouldn't call that reckless....

The reckless action was disregarding the advice of the dispatcher he had voluntarily called.

#219    danielost

danielost

Forum Divinity

• 31,828 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 07:42 PM

Evryone has agreed with that.  What you fail to grasp is zimmerman was not the agresser, trayvon was.  According to the lady on the phone trayvon was at his door when he decided to go back and confront zimmerman.  Two hits were thrown trayvon hit zimmerman in the nose and zimmerman hit the ground.

#220    Yamato

Yamato

Forum Divinity

• 15,248 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 07:45 PM

It's as if to say any action that could potentially result in death is unacceptable.   There's a lot of work that won't get done enforcing safety standards that high.

"The power to declare war, including the power of judging the causes of war, is fully and exclusively vested in the Legislature.  The Executive has no right, in any case, to decide the question" ~ James Madison
"Peace cannot be achieved by force, only by understanding."  ~ Albert Einstein
"To deny people their human rights is to challenge their very humanity.   To impose on them a wretched life of hunger and deprivation is to dehumanize them." ~ Nelson Mandela
"I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians.  Your Christians are so unlike your Christ." ~ Mahatma Gandhi

#221    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 23,867 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 09:14 PM

I agree, GZ did not act recklessly. There is nothing reckless about getting out of your car. There is nothing reckless about following someone to see where they go. It not reckless to carry a gun, if you have the proper training/licenses. It is not reckless to not obey a 911 dispatcher.

What is reckless is confronting an unknown person. What is reckless is starting a fight because you don't like that someone was watching you. What is reckless, is Not calling 911 if you are in fear of your life. What is reckless is Not going home, even though you are only feet away.

Who in this situation was reckless?

The only thing I see that GZ should have done differently is that he should have run off when he saw TM stepping up toward him. He should not have confronted TM, or he should have done so over some wide distance.

Here at Intel we make processors on 12 inch wafers. And, the individual processors on the wafers are called die. And, I am employed to check these die. That is why I am the DieChecker.

At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Qualifications? This is cryptozoology, dammit! All that is required is the spirit of adventure. - Night Walker

#222    Gummug

Gummug

Poltergeist

• 2,426 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 01:37 AM

View PostBabe Ruth, on 31 July 2013 - 07:33 PM, said:

The reckless action was disregarding the advice of the dispatcher he had voluntarily called.
There seems to be so much conflicting information. If you have a better link than this:
http://en.wikipedia...._Trayvon_Martin
please let me know. Anyway, I was trying to read up on this, because I still don't know everything about it, nor do I claim to, but after dispatch told Z "we don't need you to do that", Z said "OK", and just kept going in the general same direction, not to follow Martin, but to get an address to give to police, if I understand correctly. Imo, nothing reckless about that at all. Trayvon was evidently the one who circled back and attacked Zimmerman. That was not only reckless, but criminal.

#223    joc

joc

Adminstrator of Cosmic Blues

• 14,465 posts

• They're wearing steel that's bright and true
    They carry news that must get through
    They choose the path where no-one goes

Posted 01 August 2013 - 04:05 AM

Trayvon was evidently the one who circled back and attacked Zimmerman. That was not only reckless, but criminal.
:tu: Trayvon CHOSE to become violent...wasn't necessary...but he chose that.   Zimmerman also made a choice...to kill the sob that was attacking him!
If you instigate violence...the end is never a 'known' outcome.

Posted Image
once i believed that starlight could guide me home
now i know that light is old and stars are cold

ReverbNation

#224    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 23,867 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 04:10 AM

What if GZ did NOT have gun, but ended up killing TM anyway? The arguements in favor of lynching GZ would be the same...

#225    Babe Ruth

Babe Ruth

Non-Corporeal Being

• Closed
  • 8,732 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 11:39 AM

View Postdanielost, on 31 July 2013 - 07:42 PM, said:

Evryone has agreed with that.  What you fail to grasp is zimmerman was not the agresser, trayvon was.  According to the lady on the phone trayvon was at his door when he decided to go back and confront zimmerman.  Two hits were thrown trayvon hit zimmerman in the nose and zimmerman hit the ground.

That sir, is a matter of interpretation and debate.

For the umpteenth time, if Z had followed the instructions of the dispatcher, we would not be having this conversation today.

If he had done what he was told and not followed Martin, we would not be having this conversation because in all probability Martin would still be alive.

If he had done what they said, Martin would never have had the opportunity to confront the man who was following him.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users