Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 3 votes

True Tales of Haunted Dolls

haunted dolls robert the doll

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#16    rodentraiser

rodentraiser

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 370 posts

• "Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it, misdiagnosing it, and then misapplying the wrong remedies."

from Wrong Planet Forums

Posted 02 August 2013 - 10:57 PM

View PostJello, on 01 August 2013 - 11:21 PM, said:

This is why I never had dolls and was always nice to my stuffed animals. I always thought they'd kill me in my sleep if I did something wrong towards them. My mom used to collect porcelain dolls. Talk about feeling watched all the time....

LOL Try collecting model horses. It really is something to go into a collector's room and see about 1000 model horses all looking at you with their beady little eyes....

Posted Image

I’m sick of voting for the lesser of two evils. The lesser of two evils is still evil. And almost always the lesser of two evils is our only choice.

We have been voting for the lesser of two evils for decade upon decade and look where it’s gotten us.     Coleman Luck

#17    skydivingstars

skydivingstars

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 124 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 08:48 AM

I don't know why I read this right before I go to bed. I'm terrified of dolls and this isn't helping. -_- lol

#18    slaughtr

slaughtr

Alien Embryo

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 84 posts

• I Doubt Nothing!!

Posted 06 August 2013 - 12:04 PM

I've always hated dolls especially clowns.Clowns are evil to me because they are somebody dressed up to be funny but in reality do haneous things.Ever since the movie Poltrgeist I really don't F%$#k with them period. Another doll I hate are the naked baby dolls with eyes that close and open and have voice boxes on them. Spirits and demonic spirits find dolls to be vessels to terrorize you or communicate but in most cases it's to scare the daylight out of you. When I see people with doll collections I immediately don't go near them.

Edited by slaughtr, 06 August 2013 - 12:05 PM.

#19    scowl

scowl

Government Agent

• Closed
  • 4,111 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 07:01 PM

Dolls and clowns. They didn't scare our parents. That "Talking Tina" episode of the Twilight Zone did it for dolls. I wonder how clowns got so freaky.

#20    shephardess

shephardess

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 568 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 08:32 PM

I collect dolls and I learned that some of them do have a very weird energy attached to them and not just antique ones. I have bought a doll and thrown it away the next day because it made my whole house feel creepy. I once was bidding on a doll on ebay and stopped bidding because I started getting a creepy feeling every time I looked at the picture even though it was a very pretty barbie. The person who won the doll sent it back and actually left negative feedback that the doll was possessed. I noticed that the seller didn't have anything to sell after that even though he usually had a lot of items. I don't think spirits attach themselves to dolls but maybe negative energy from the owners somehow gets stuck in the doll.

#21    skydivingstars

skydivingstars

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 124 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 06:31 AM

http://www.buzzfeed....-ever-assembled

EXHIBIT A

#22    MrBene

MrBene

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 431 posts

• A regular guy

Posted 08 August 2013 - 02:26 PM

Zevo the clown from Are you affraid of the dark? introduced me in clowns panic.

#23    coldethyl

coldethyl

~☆~Public Animal #9~☆~

• 16,331 posts

• ~*★*~I'm not in this world to live up to your expectations and you're not in this world to live up to mine.
    Bruce Lee~*★*~

Posted 09 August 2013 - 01:04 AM

When I was a kid I collected porcelin dolls and I was kind of spooked by them.  I am grown now and they don't bother me.  I thought Child's Play was goofy and I'm sick of the sequels.

#24    brlesq1

brlesq1

Fan Dancer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,156 posts

• Reality is highly overrated.

Posted 12 August 2013 - 10:38 AM

Dolls creep me out, anyway.

Forget what they told you. You want the truth, follow the money.
In this life, things are much harder than in the afterworld. In this life, you're on your own.--Prince

#25    Sunny Day

Sunny Day

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 192 posts

• Learn, wonder, smile...

Posted 13 August 2013 - 04:42 AM

I collect dolls and I really enjoy them.  Mine are nice looking and not creepy.  I did chuck one out once that stank that I had bought off ebay.  The only thing 'possessing' it was the ghost of ciggie smoke from the previous owner.  I think ppl like to think that 'spirits' would be attracted to them as they often have very realistic facial features and eyes that move etc.  A bit like in the days gone by when portraits of people were said to be haunted as the eyes 'follow you'.

People are making money from it though, which is a bit sad I think.

#26    Arkitecht

Arkitecht

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 911 posts

• Time's up.

Posted 15 August 2013 - 12:04 AM

Tempus Edax Rerum

#27    Sakari

Sakari

tohi

• 12,580 posts
  • Location:Safford, Arizona...My heart and soul are still on the Oregon Coast.

• Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Posted 15 August 2013 - 01:37 AM

True Tales of Haunted Dolls

Key word " Tales "......

a : a usually imaginative narrative of an event : story
b : an intentionally untrue report : falsehood <always preferred the tale to the truth — Sir Winston Churchill>

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

http://petsupports.com/a04/sakari.htm

#28    bassai26

bassai26

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 143 posts

• "Nobody can choose which star to be born under"

Posted 15 August 2013 - 02:47 AM

maybe these dolls were not haunted but they're really creepy...the island of the dolls in mexico

#29    QuiteContrary

QuiteContrary

BugWhisperer

• 4,904 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 03:05 AM

My mom is a doll collector. I grew up with thousands of dolls from most countries in the world and she has some American dolls from the turn of the century. She sent me about 100 of them. She has thinned out her collection to only a few due to her age. They are in  boxes in a closet on the second floor. I have never had any paranormal or creepy experiences from any of the dolls and no knocking on the closet door either or whispers of "Let me out!"

I also used to have an (unintentional) clown collection even though I don't like some of them much.  Again, she brought me ones from all over the world and antique shops. No hauntings or paranormal from them either.
Some clowns are definitely unsettling, for me the reason is more earthly, more human, though. It is more of "Smiling faces tell lies". A person who is always smiling has come (movies) to hide something...be untrustworthy, unnatural, creepy, sinister, ...in real life at times as well, imo.

Edited by QuiteContrary, 15 August 2013 - 03:06 AM.

#30    skydivingstars

skydivingstars

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 124 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 07:19 AM

Sooo when I went to see that movie The Conjuring a few days ago, when they showed the Annabelle doll I started thinking about this thread and it made it even creepier. I don't know the validity of the "haunted doll" stories, but even the thought of it gives me chills. Porcelain dolls aren't ever going to be in a house that I live in, lol. Dolls in general...for kids, understandable. But they're still going to be locked in a toy box at the end of the night. That doesn't necessarily mean that I believe that spirits/demons/whatever can attach themselves to them and communicate through them, it just means that the thought of it is effing terrifying lol.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users