Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Could this explain crop circles?

crop circles rc helicopter

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1    27vet

27vet

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 697 posts

• Sometimes I sits and thinks and sometimes I just sits.

Posted 17 July 2013 - 08:42 PM

#2    Jacques Terreur

Jacques Terreur

Poltergeist

• 2,434 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 08:48 PM

that's some amazing skills there, crop circles or not! :)

#3    shrooma

shrooma

Government Agent

• Banned
  • 3,985 posts

• Live.
    Sin.
    Die.

Posted 17 July 2013 - 08:51 PM

makes more sense than aliens.....

"Get off your knees, the party's over."
-How do you sleep-
The Stone Roses.

#4    Mr.United_Nations

Mr.United_Nations

hi

• 9,304 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 09:06 PM

Good GOD!!! Its an alien RC HELICOPTER!!

Zozer must be informed!!

#5    Draco20

Draco20

Poltergeist

• Closed
  • 2,337 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 09:07 PM

Amazing tricks with an helicopter. I would not try this though for fear of sending it around my head unvoluntarily...

As for crop circle, according to some researchers of the phenomenon, it can be dated back to 300 years old in the English countryside. So, obviously the techonlogies wasn't there at that time for remotely guiding the process of making a cropcircle.

Edited by sam_comm, 17 July 2013 - 09:08 PM.

#6    shrooma

shrooma

Government Agent

• Banned
  • 3,985 posts

• Live.
    Sin.
    Die.

Posted 17 July 2013 - 09:23 PM

View Postsam_comm, on 17 July 2013 - 09:07 PM, said:

As for crop circle, according to some researchers of the phenomenon, it can be dated back to 300 years old in the English countryside. So, obviously the techonlogies wasn't there at that time for remotely guiding the process of making a cropcircle.
unfportunately samm, the crop circles from 300yrs ago were just that, circles, not enormously complex geometric patterns, and are easily attributed to ordinary atmospheric phenomena such as tornado's, dust-devils etc.
if the aliens WERE trying to contact us using mathematics, encoded into wheat fields (for some bizarre reason), then why are they using mathematics that we already know, not some radically different, unknown mathematical formulae and constructs?
a civilisation advanced enough to cross interstellar distances should know rather more than us i'd have thought, but unfortunately, they don't seem to be any further advanced than Mandelbrot formulas & (badly encoded) Pi ratios.
a little disappointing wouldn't you say.....

-How do you sleep-
The Stone Roses.

#7    Draco20

Draco20

Poltergeist

• Closed
  • 2,337 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 09:37 PM

I haven't say it has to be Aliens. That is but one theory. In some cases it could be ionized plasma vortex or ball lightning making these strange designs. I am inclined to think that there may be more into the cropcircle phenomenon than a modern prank. I do not know.

Edited by sam_comm, 17 July 2013 - 09:42 PM.

#8    Jessem

Jessem

Future Husband

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,451 posts

• No matter what anyone say's, you can make a difference... you probably already have.

Posted 17 July 2013 - 10:36 PM

Very cool video... but an explination fro crop circles... in my proffessional opinion I would have to say no :no:

The secret of life is'nt trying to figure out the secret, its about living it.

#9    shrooma

shrooma

Government Agent

• Banned
  • 3,985 posts

• Live.
    Sin.
    Die.

Posted 17 July 2013 - 10:51 PM

View Postsam_comm, on 17 July 2013 - 09:37 PM, said:

In some cases it could be ionized plasma vortex or ball lightning making these strange designs.
yup, easily attributed atmospheric phenomena.....
I am inclined to think that there may be more into the cropcircle phenomenon than a modern prank. I do not know.
it would be interesting if there were more to it than artists & wind patterns Sam, but for the life of me, i can't figure out why anyone would want to travel hundreds of trillions of miles just to draw pictures in the wheatfields of wiltshire.
(but stranger things have happened i suppose.....)

-How do you sleep-
The Stone Roses.

#10    linttrap

linttrap

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 110 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 12:05 AM

if the aliens WERE trying to contact us using mathematics, encoded into wheat fields (for some bizarre reason), then why are they using mathematics that we already know, not some radically different, unknown mathematical formulae and constructs?
a civilisation advanced enough to cross interstellar distances should know rather more than us i'd have thought, but unfortunately, they don't seem to be any further advanced than Mandelbrot formulas & (badly encoded) Pi ratios.
a little disappointing wouldn't you say.....

Probably for the same reason we don't spout math at ants in an effort to communicate.

You have to understand your audience, their prejudices and fears, as well as their level of intelligence. Don't scare the locals! Sneak your message into the environment in such a way that the dumb ones don't get freaked out, and the more intelligent are intrigued, recognizing that this is something extraordinary, but not threatening.

Aliens who manage to get to this podunk planet on the outskirts of the galaxy are not going to be especially impressed with humans, no matter how special we think we are. We shouldn't be surprised if they talk to us as if we were idiots until they find an intelligent person who is able to understand their simplified attempts at communication.

#11    DONTEATUS

DONTEATUS

Forum Divinity

• 19,031 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 12:48 AM

What part of tromping in the field with boards on your feet did you Miss ? :tu:

This is a Work in Progress!

#12    ReaperS_ParadoX

ReaperS_ParadoX

“What’s wrong with accepting madness?

• 2,521 posts

• The boundaries which divide Life from Death are at best shadowy and vague. Who shall say where the one ends, and where the other begins?

Posted 18 July 2013 - 02:41 AM

View Postlinttrap, on 18 July 2013 - 12:05 AM, said:

Probably for the same reason we don't spout math at ants in an effort to communicate.

You have to understand your audience, their prejudices and fears, as well as their level of intelligence. Don't scare the locals! Sneak your message into the environment in such a way that the dumb ones don't get freaked out, and the more intelligent are intrigued, recognizing that this is something extraordinary, but not threatening.

Aliens who manage to get to this podunk planet on the outskirts of the galaxy are not going to be especially impressed with humans, no matter how special we think we are. We shouldn't be surprised if they talk to us as if we were idiots until they find an intelligent person who is able to understand their simplified attempts at communication.
I agree

COME WITH ME. OVERWHELMING POWER AND MADNESS AWAIT

THAT IS NOT DEAD WHICH CAN ETERNAL LIE AND WITH STRANGE AEONS EVEN DEATH MAY DIE

#13    Zaphod222

Zaphod222

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,614 posts

• When the gods wish to punish us, they answer our prayers.
    (Oscar Wilde)

Posted 18 July 2013 - 03:52 AM

Too high tech. More likely, this explains crop circles:

Posted Image

"The moment you declare a set of ideas to be immune from criticism, satire, derision, or contempt, freedom of thought becomes impossible." (Salman Rushdie)

#14    DONTEATUS

DONTEATUS

Forum Divinity

• 19,031 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 04:07 AM

View PostZaphod222, on 18 July 2013 - 03:52 AM, said:

Too high tech. More likely, this explains crop circles:

Posted Image
Hit the Head Right on the Nail Zaphod ! But can you Imagine getting Hit in the Head with that Little Chopper?  Hum? A DARPA thought ? :no:  OUCH ! NSA,CIA.

This is a Work in Progress!

#15    shrooma

shrooma

Government Agent

• Banned
  • 3,985 posts

• Live.
    Sin.
    Die.

Posted 18 July 2013 - 09:03 AM

View Postlinttrap, on 18 July 2013 - 12:05 AM, said:

ants aren't sentient, nor are they capable of grasping mathematics.
humans are.
your analogy doesn't work.

You have to understand your audience, their prejudices and fears, as well as their level of intelligence.
then they should be making crop circles at the CERN complex instead of wiltshire.
clever aliens.
Don't scare the locals! Sneak your message into the environment in such a way that the dumb ones don't get freaked out,
humans usually run screaming from the sight of shapes in grass.
don't they.
and the more intelligent are intrigued,
such as crop circle "researchers".
recognizing that this is something extraordinary, but not threatening.
it's a picture.
in wheat.
hardly the very definition of "extraordinary"
or scary.

Aliens who manage to get to this podunk planet on the outskirts of the galaxy are not going to be especially impressed with humans,
but yet they chose to come here anyway, and try to get our attention by drawing purty pictures in grass?
boy, aren't THEY impressive.
We shouldn't be surprised if they talk to us as if we were idiots
by drawing pictures on farms?
and not being able to encode Pi properly into a circle?
hardly the height of patronisation really.
until they find an intelligent person
again, like your average "cereologist"
who is able to understand their simplified attempts at communication.
or at least make s**t up to have them appear as something more profound than a couple of guys with ropes & planks of wood.

-How do you sleep-
The Stone Roses.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users