Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Paranormal Photoshops

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#1    JesseCuster

JesseCuster

Secret Jesus

• 3,004 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 02:37 AM

I have a not-quite-hobby of taking my own photos and making them into paranormal photos.  I use my own base photos (pics I have actually photographed myself) combined with stuff I've found in other pics of my own or found via Google Images.  I thought I'd post a couple of my creations here.  I do not claim these to be ghost photos or approve of them being used by others as ghost photos.

Here goes:

Ghost manifesting as a wispy presence:
Posted Image

Ghost appearing in church window:
Posted Image

Ghost in church:
Posted Image

Slenderman in church yard:
Posted Image

I'll post others later if there's any further interest.

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool." - Richard P. Feynman

#2    d e v i c e

d e v i c e

Ambassador of Fear

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,747 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 08:47 AM

Pretty good. Nice editing.

#3    Saru

Saru

Site Webmaster

• 19,996 posts

• "The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious." - Albert Einstein

Posted 18 July 2013 - 03:54 PM

This is a nice idea for a thread but to those contributing - please only use either images that you own or that you have permission to use. Pictures taken from Google Images for example will most likely be copyrighted.

Thank you.

#4    scowl

scowl

Government Agent

• Closed
  • 4,111 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 04:08 PM

View PostJesseCuster, on 18 July 2013 - 02:37 AM, said:

Slenderman in church yard:
Posted Image

I'll post others later if there's any further interest.

I think a cool and slightly artistic one would be a grave yard with long shadows and one grave stone casting a long shadow of a hooded figure above it with no visible figure above the grave stone. Is this the slenderman thing? (I haven't followed those threads).

#5    JesseCuster

JesseCuster

Secret Jesus

• 3,004 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 04:18 PM

View Postscowl, on 18 July 2013 - 04:08 PM, said:

I think a cool and slightly artistic one would be a grave yard with long shadows and one grave stone casting a long shadow of a hooded figure above it with no visible figure above the grave stone. Is this the slenderman thing? (I haven't followed those threads).
That's a pretty neat idea.  I've a bunch of photos taken in various old cemeteries, I might have a look and see what I can find and try something like this.

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool." - Richard P. Feynman

#6    scowl

scowl

Government Agent

• Closed
  • 4,111 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 04:28 PM

I've been intending to do a crawlspace ghost (merge a picture of my crawlspace then one of me sitting in it with a small light between my legs) but I haven't gotten around to it. It's too damn creepy down there.

Edited by scowl, 18 July 2013 - 04:30 PM.

#7    Princess Serenity

Princess Serenity

♔ Queen E L S A

• 8,322 posts

• "There's nothing to fear but fear itself." Franklin D Roosevelt.

Posted 18 July 2013 - 07:14 PM

These are wicked! Please keep sharing them! <3333

#8    *Frank*

*Frank*

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 387 posts

• Why are you wearing that stupid man suit?

Posted 18 July 2013 - 10:00 PM

Do a search for the 'ghost photo manipulation contest' threads. There have been lots of cool entries posted in those.

There was a SIGNATURE here. It's gone now.

#9    LostSouls7

LostSouls7

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 862 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 04:17 AM

Wow very cool I do like! great job and keep up the good work!!!

Do you Fear The Ouija?
www.youtube.com/watch?v=EUCPmNBbLHM
Wisdom of Magic and Natural Healing Potions enjoy
http://healingpotion...ic.blogspot.com

#10    scowl

scowl

Government Agent

• Closed
  • 4,111 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 05:02 PM

View Post*Frank*, on 18 July 2013 - 10:00 PM, said:

Do a search for the 'ghost photo manipulation contest' threads. There have been lots of cool entries posted in those.

I did this and all I found were photos that were wonderfully artistic but would never pass as real ghost photos. In most of them the "ghost" is practically waving its arms yelling "Look at me! I'm a ghost!"

#11    phantasia

phantasia

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 519 posts

• "Education has failed in a very serious way to convey the most important lesson science can teach: skepticism."
    DAVID SUZUKI

Posted 19 July 2013 - 05:14 PM

Cool!  I look forward to more pics Jesse.  Could you tell us a bit more about which program and techniques you use?

Edited by phantasia, 19 July 2013 - 05:14 PM.

The truth need never fear ridicule.  ~ Sir Wearer of Hats

Psychosocial hypothesis in Ufology : http://en.wikipedia....cial_hypothesis

#12    JesseCuster

JesseCuster

Secret Jesus

• 3,004 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 05:47 PM

View Postphantasia, on 19 July 2013 - 05:14 PM, said:

Cool!  I look forward to more pics Jesse.  Could you tell us a bit more about which program and techniques you use?
Photoshop CS5.  Expensive but worth it if you do a lot of photo editing and manipulation.  I've heard that GIMP and Paint.net are good free alternatives.

All the original photos are my own.

To make them look old, I convert them to black and white and add a layer with a grungy texture on it.  Playing around with different layer blending modes can achieve different effects so I just experiment until I find what I want.  That way I turn an nice crisp vibrant modern digital image into something that might pass for an old black and white photo or an old damaged 35mm slide or whatever.

The ghosts themselves like the boy in the room and the girls in the church are easy to achieve when you know how.  Find a website offering free ghost pics for photoshop.  They're usually conveniently already grey figures against a black background.  That makes it easy to copy and paste them into their own layer without having to try and cut out a figure from a complex background which is a pain and the end result rarely works for me.  Resize them and place them where you want.  Choose a blend mode for the layer like screen or lighten and you achieve ghostly effect.  Colorise the layer if you want your ghost to have a slightly greenish or bluish hint and play with the transparency if you want your ghost to be more transparent and more subtle looking.  Applying horizontal motion blur to the ghost can be a nice effect as well.  Regular blur to make the ghost fuzzy doesn't look very good.

#13    *Frank*

*Frank*

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 387 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 10:14 PM

View Postscowl, on 19 July 2013 - 05:02 PM, said:

I did this and all I found were photos that were wonderfully artistic but would never pass as real ghost photos. In most of them the "ghost" is practically waving its arms yelling "Look at me! I'm a ghost!"

I'd have to disagree.

#14    phantasia

phantasia

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 519 posts

• "Education has failed in a very serious way to convey the most important lesson science can teach: skepticism."
    DAVID SUZUKI

Posted 19 July 2013 - 10:26 PM

View Post*Frank*, on 19 July 2013 - 10:14 PM, said:

I'd have to disagree.

Yes, we get it.  You think the pic in your signature is the most awesomest picture ever and no one else should post pics of their own photo manipulation.  This thread is not a contest.  It is about Jesse showing us his work.  Don't like it?  Feel free not to post in this thread anymore.

Edited by phantasia, 19 July 2013 - 10:30 PM.

The truth need never fear ridicule.  ~ Sir Wearer of Hats

Psychosocial hypothesis in Ufology : http://en.wikipedia....cial_hypothesis

#15    *Frank*

*Frank*

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 387 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 10:42 PM

View Postphantasia, on 19 July 2013 - 10:26 PM, said:

Yes, we get it.  You think the pic in your signature is the most awesomest picture ever and no one else should post pics of their own photo manipulation.  This thread is not a contest.  It is about Jesse showing us his work.  Don't like it?  Feel free not to post in this thread anymore.

Err... no. I like the pics posted in this thread. I never mentioned the picture in my signature which, incidentally, can't be found in the photo manip threads. I was simply saying that anyone who likes these pictures can find similar ones in the other threads. Don't like being wrong? Feel free to stop saying stupid things.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users