Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Genetic advance in Down's syndrome

chromosome downs syndrome

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1    Still Waters

Still Waters

Deeply Mysterious

• 41,285 posts

• Sometimes it's better to keep the mystery unexplained.

Posted 18 July 2013 - 09:39 PM

US scientists say they have moved a step closer to being able to treat disorders caused by an extra chromosome.

They have "switched off" the chromosome that causes the symptoms of Down's syndrome in human cells in the lab.

The research, published in Nature, could one day lead to new medical treatments for the condition.

Posted Image

#2    Aus Der Box Skeptisch

Aus Der Box Skeptisch

Unknown title error

• 3,226 posts
  • Location:arizona (originally the wisconsin/minnesota area eh!)

• Holding on to anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you are the one who gets burned.

Posted 18 July 2013 - 10:10 PM

Woooot! Just please science leave their smiles. Never has anything brightened this world than a smile from a person whom has down syndrome.

"Though I stand in opposition to you, I am not opposed to you. Night and Day stand in opposition to each other, but they are not opposed to each other -they are merely two halves of the same coin."

#3    moonshadow60

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 710 posts

• "There comes a time when you have to choose between turning the page or just closing the book"... James Wilson

Posted 10 August 2013 - 09:39 PM

#4    WolvenHeart7

• 4,299 posts

• Your throne was exalted long ago. You are from eternity.

Posted 10 August 2013 - 11:00 PM

Wonderful news. :yes:

"When I tell the truth, it is not for the sake of convincing those who do not know it, but for the sake of defending those that do." -William Blake

Also tagged with chromosome, downs syndrome

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users