Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Does The Sun light the earth?

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1    xcodesia

xcodesia

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 89 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 09:55 PM

There are countries  (northern) on the earth which the sun is shining on the sky but it seems and feels like it is still night also clock shows that it is night. Or it seems and feels like morning but the sun doesnt appear. Is there any research that if there are layers on the earth which transforms sun light into night or day?

#2    Insanity

Insanity

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 526 posts

• "Men of broader intellect know that there is no sharp distinction betwixt the real and the unreal..." - H.P. Lovecraft, "The Tomb", Published 1922

Posted 18 July 2013 - 09:59 PM

Are you referring to the polar night and day phenomenons?    This occurs due to the Earth's axial tilt and occurs around the solstices.

"We see things only as we are constructed to see them, and can gain no idea of their absolute nature. With five feeble senses we pretend to comprehend the boundlessly complex cosmos, yet other beings with wider, stronger, or different range of senses might not only see very differently the things we see, but might see and study whole worlds of matter, energy, and life which lie close at hand yet can never be detected with the senses we have." - H.P. Lovecraft, "From Beyond" Published 1934

#3    kannin

kannin

Punisher of the wicked

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,765 posts

• the secret to change is to focus all of your energy,not fighting the old, but building the new

Posted 18 July 2013 - 09:59 PM

im cunfuzzled

View PostInsanity, on 18 July 2013 - 09:59 PM, said:

Are you referring to the polar night and day phenomenons? This occurs due to the Earth's axial tilt and occurs around the solstices.
darn you was about to post that

happiness can be found in the darkest of times, only if one remembers to turn on the light

#4    Imaginarynumber1

Imaginarynumber1

I am not an irrational number

• 3,972 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 10:11 PM

View Postxcodesia, on 18 July 2013 - 09:55 PM, said:

There are countries  (northern) on the earth which the sun is shining on the sky but it seems and feels like it is still night also clock shows that it is night. Or it seems and feels like morning but the sun doesnt appear. Is there any research that if there are layers on the earth which transforms sun light into night or day?

:blink:

"A cat has nine lives. For three he plays, for three he strays, and for the last three he stays."

July 17th, 2008 (Full moon the next night)

RAPTORS! http://www.unexplain...pic=233151&st=0

#5    Waspie_Dwarf

Waspie_Dwarf

Space Cadet

• 31,150 posts

• We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.

Oscar Wilde

Posted 18 July 2013 - 10:16 PM

The simple answer to your question is yes.

I have to be honest, I really can't work out what it is you are trying to say.

"Space is big. Really big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind-boggingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the street to the chemist, but that's just peanuts to space." - The Hitch-Hikers Guide to the Galaxy - Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

Posted Image
Click on button

#6    Ryu

Ryu

Born to fail.

• 3,398 posts

• Just because I do not agree doesn't mean I don't understand.

Posted 18 July 2013 - 10:17 PM

Only time the sun can be in the sky yet look like night time is during a total eclipse.

#7    kannin

kannin

Punisher of the wicked

• 1,765 posts

• the secret to change is to focus all of your energy,not fighting the old, but building the new

Posted 18 July 2013 - 10:28 PM

i was confused to

happiness can be found in the darkest of times, only if one remembers to turn on the light

#8    Asadora

Asadora

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 677 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 11:02 PM

Certainly food for thought...

"From time to time there appear on the face of the earth men of rare and consummate excellence, who dazzle us by their virtue, and whose outstanding qualities shed a stupendous light. Like those extraordinary stars of whose origins we are ignorant, and of whose fate, once they have vanished, we know even less, such men have neither forebears nor descendants: they are the whole of their race."  -- Jean de la Bruyere 1645-1696.

#9    Waspie_Dwarf

Waspie_Dwarf

Space Cadet

• 31,150 posts

• We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.

Oscar Wilde

Posted 19 July 2013 - 12:17 AM

View PostRyu, on 18 July 2013 - 10:17 PM, said:

Only time the sun can be in the sky yet look like night time is during a total eclipse.

Even then it's not quite like night. The solar corona becomes visible and gives the sky an eerie pink colour. It's more like dawn or dusk than night.

"Space is big. Really big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind-boggingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the street to the chemist, but that's just peanuts to space." - The Hitch-Hikers Guide to the Galaxy - Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

Posted Image
Click on button

#10    Jacques Terreur

Jacques Terreur

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 961 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 05:52 AM

View Postkannin, on 18 July 2013 - 09:59 PM, said:

im cunfuzzled

....instant word o'the day! :D

#11    MiskatonicGrad

MiskatonicGrad

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 561 posts

• "the natural progress of things is liberty to yield and goverment to gain ground." Thomas Jefferson

Posted 19 July 2013 - 08:39 AM

It's called shift work sometimes I'm walking around working and the clock says it's night and then I go to bed and it is like all bright and stuff like it's day. yes there has been a lot of research in this area and everybody I talked to said it sucks.

"Were we directed from Washington when to sow, and when to reap, we should soon want bread" --Thomas Jefferson(1821)

"No man's life, liberty, or property is safe while the legislature is in session"--Mark Twain(1866)

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." --Thomas Jefferson(1800)

#12    kannin

kannin

Punisher of the wicked

• 1,765 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 02:33 PM

View PostJacques Terreur, on 19 July 2013 - 05:52 AM, said:

....instant word o'the day! :D
lol your welcome!

#13    Ryu

Ryu

Born to fail.

• 3,398 posts

• Just because I do not agree doesn't mean I don't understand.

Posted 19 July 2013 - 02:49 PM

View PostWaspie_Dwarf, on 19 July 2013 - 12:17 AM, said:

Even then it's not quite like night. The solar corona becomes visible and gives the sky an eerie pink colour. It's more like dawn or dusk than night.

Oh, picky, picky, picky... :D

Well how about this..when there is a volcanic eruption and there is ash fall..that can turn day into night. I recall seeing that on the news at one time.

#14    keithisco

keithisco

Alien Abducter

• 5,490 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 05:36 PM

View Postxcodesia, on 18 July 2013 - 09:55 PM, said:

To this part (in Bold) the answer is NO.

Extreme Northern and Southern Latitudes DO experience virtually (but not quite) 6 months of daylight and 6 Months of darkness (but not at the same time :-* ) so you would indeed think that it was bedtime when in fact the Sun is still in the sky.

For reference, at the equator, day and night are approximately the same (a few minutes added for refraction) which sounds pretty good but imagine the sun rising at 6am and going down at 6pm before you have organised the Barbecue!!.

I would just like to add that for where I live in Spain sunrise today (19 July 2013) is 07:13, sunset at 21:34, but where I work in Germany Sunrise is: 05:08 and sunset is 21:17. and to be honest it messes with my biological functions in the morning :blush:

I suggest you google "Land of the Midnight Sun" which will describe in detail the answer that you are looking for.

Edited by keithisco, 19 July 2013 - 05:47 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users