Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Boston Bomber on the cover of Rolling Stone

rolling stone dzhokhar tsarnaev

• Please log in to reply
132 replies to this topic

#31    andy4

andy4

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 982 posts

• When the power of love overcomes the love of power, there will be peace.

Posted 19 July 2013 - 06:24 AM

View PostThe world needs you, on 19 July 2013 - 06:11 AM, said:

If the image of the bomber is at odds with the mainstream definition of how a terrorist "should look like" then that definition should be challenged because they can take any shape or form.

Excellent point you made here. I noticed that the image on the cover was being compared to the likes of Bob Dylan's cover photo. The only reason they were even comparing his image to the bomber, was because they had a similar hairstyle in my opinion. Who he looks like in his picture should not matter whatsoever, regardless of how, where or it when it was taken. Yet somehow it did... and still made the news.

Edited by andy4, 19 July 2013 - 06:27 AM.

Love your brother as yourself, because you know what? He IS yourself, literally.- Bill Hicks

Dream argument

#32    Jacques Terreur

Jacques Terreur

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,427 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 06:54 AM

it's the old thing of "bad publicity is also publicity"....everybody talks about this "scandal", and this'll probably help them sell this issue pretty well.
But stuff like that happens all the time, and it's not that they're glorifying what he did or make a kind of pop star out of him. Didn't the ROLLING STONE also feature Charles Manson on his cover once?
Also, for example, the german magazine "der Spiegel" features Hitler on the front page every second issue or so. Bad guys just seem to draw the buyers...

#33    acidhead

acidhead

Were Not Your Slaves!

• 10,569 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 07:01 AM

Peace Sells

"there is no wrong or right - just popular opinion"

#34    Yamato

Yamato

Forum Divinity

• 10,863 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 09:13 AM

View Post_Only, on 18 July 2013 - 11:49 PM, said:

Slow month in music?
Slow decade really.

Unless ya got Bieber fever.  I'd rather see Tsarnaev on the cover given a choice between the two.

"Peace cannot be achieved by force, only by understanding."  ~ Albert Einstein

"To deny people their human rights is to challenge their very humanity.   To impose on them a wretched life of hunger and deprivation is to dehumanize them." ~ Nelson Mandela

#35    F3SS

F3SS

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,555 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 11:09 AM

If they'd have used a different picture I think maybe I'd feel different. They should have used a picture of him post-capture when he's all f'd up because that's what happens to these idiots. Instead, they want to make him look mysterious and cool. Oh it's so Rolling Stones age group can identify and understand. Whatever. That's like putting Bin Laden on the cover of GQ.

Posted Image

#36    lightly

lightly

metaphysical therapist

• 6,066 posts

• "The future ain't what it used to be"
    Yogi Berra

Posted 19 July 2013 - 11:32 AM

My opinions aren't effected by how someone looks in a photograph.    I haven't read the article...  is it informative?

Important:  The above may contain errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and other limitations.

#37    preacherman76

preacherman76

Humble Servent

• 10,903 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 11:56 AM

So you guys have already convicted him? Even with all the strange things surrounding this case?

Some things are true, even if you dont believe them.

#38    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

Sarcastic Muppet..!

• 51,196 posts

• "I hate pretentious people. I mean, what is the point in applying exorbitantly extensive vocabulary, it is just straightforwardly unnecessary".

Posted 19 July 2013 - 12:05 PM

View PostThe world needs you, on 19 July 2013 - 06:11 AM, said:

Banning and condemning something might only make it more popular.

This indeed is most true for so many things around us...

Posted ImageRAW Berris... Dare you enter?

If there's a heaven...I hope to hell I get there !

#39    Purifier

Purifier

Δ

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,997 posts

• Wild Card

Posted 19 July 2013 - 01:00 PM

*slams fist on desk*

I can't believe they did that! They didn't get a good enough closeup when they made that picture! And don't get me started on the light and shadow! Looks like a part of him is about to merge into the background.

Pathetic! Just pathetic!

Study the past, if you would divine the future.
- Confucius

#40    F3SS

F3SS

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,555 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 09:52 PM

View Postpreacherman76, on 19 July 2013 - 11:56 AM, said:

So you guys have already convicted him? Even with all the strange things surrounding this case?

Really man? Nm, we don't have to go there.

Posted Image

#41    MainerMikeBrown

MainerMikeBrown

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 191 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 10:09 PM

For the people who were maimed on that terrible day in Boston, as well as the family members who lost a loved one on that day, doing what Rolling Stone did just makes it worse for them.  It fuels the fire.

What all individuals went through and are currently going through is hard enough.

Trauma therapists call something like this Secondary Wounding Experiences, which can sometimes be almost as upsetting as the original trauma.

#42    F3SS

F3SS

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,555 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 10:25 PM

View PostF3SS, on 19 July 2013 - 11:09 AM, said:

If they'd have used a different picture I think maybe I'd feel different. They should have used a picture of him post-capture when he's all f'd up because that's what happens to these idiots. Instead, they want to make him look mysterious and cool. Oh it's so Rolling Stones age group can identify and understand. Whatever. That's like putting Bin Laden on the cover of GQ.

Seems I'm not alone on that sentiment.

‘THIS IS THE REAL BOSTON BOMBER’: POLICE PHOTOGRAPHER FIRES BACK AT ROLLING STONE COVER WITH NEW PHOTOS OF BLOODY TSARNAEV

Boston Magazine has responded to Rolling Stone’s controversial new cover giving accused marathon bomber Dzhokhar Tsarnaev the glam rock star treatment with incredible new photos of his capture.

This Tsarnaev — bloody and in the fixed beam of a sniper rifle — is “the real face of terror,” the magazine said: “In response to the controversial Rolling Stone cover, new photos of Tsarnaev’s capture emerge.”

The pics... http://www.theblaze....loody-tsarnaev/

Posted Image

#43    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

Sarcastic Muppet..!

• 51,196 posts

• "I hate pretentious people. I mean, what is the point in applying exorbitantly extensive vocabulary, it is just straightforwardly unnecessary".

Posted 19 July 2013 - 10:45 PM

View PostF3SS, on 19 July 2013 - 10:25 PM, said:

Seems I'm not alone on that sentiment.

Thanks for sharing that F3SS

Posted ImageRAW Berris... Dare you enter?

If there's a heaven...I hope to hell I get there !

#44    F3SS

F3SS

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,555 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 10:51 PM

View PostBeckys_Mom, on 19 July 2013 - 10:45 PM, said:

Thanks for sharing that F3SS

No problem BM. You know why I spell my name that way? I get sick pleasure making people go out of their way to hit the 3 instead of a simple and more natural feeling of hitting the E. It's a 50/50 shot who plays my game or not.

Posted Image

#45    F3SS

F3SS

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,555 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 11:03 PM

I'm just kidding. That was never my intention. It's about Internet anonymity and I'm completely witless when it comes to creating a screen name so I decided just to use my real name, almost. A search for my real name will bring few results, no Facebook here. Anyways, I just said all that because I have noticed that some people will take the lazy route and some people go for accuracy. You ma'am are a keyboard perfectionist and I bet you just don't feel right if you don't type it as you see it. A poster here used to go by Spyd3r and I too felt compelled to spell it as he did instead of spider.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users