Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

13 yr old shot dead by his 75 yr old neighbor

• Please log in to reply
88 replies to this topic

#1    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

Sarcastic Muppet..!

• 51,196 posts

• "I hate pretentious people. I mean, what is the point in applying exorbitantly extensive vocabulary, it is just straightforwardly unnecessary".

Posted 19 July 2013 - 12:44 PM

This is one of the saddest crime stories I have read so far..I never knew anything about this story until last night. See below..

13-Year-Old Shot Dead By His White, 75-Year-Old Next Door Neighbor

A 13-year-old Black boy was shot dead by his 75-year-old White next door neighbor, John Henry Spooner, after falsely being accused of breaking into the shooter’s home and stealing guns, WDJT-TV, CBS-58 in Milwaukee reports. Spooner has been charged with first-degree intentional homicide and his bond is set at $300,000.  http://newsone.com/2...white-neighbor/

Apparently this man was accusing the young boy of stealing from his home...Everything the boys mother said was true, I saw it for myself on the video, it was all caught on camera.. On the video, I saw the kid leave his home to do something, he didn't notice the man with the gun, then the man approaches the kid.. I soon saw this kid act frightened, hands up and he tries to get away from the gunman... But sadly as he ran he was shot, I think it was in the back, the video doesn't show the kid falling to the ground, it cuts off at the moment he was shot dead..   If it weren't all caught on camera, this case would likely be on going...The comments would likely be - "How do you know the kid wanst armed?"...Or  "How do you know the kid didn't provoke the man" and so on...

I won't post that video on here, it can be disturbing...I only came across it because my hubby saw this on his face book recently...

They are using the color of the man and his victim, which is something I cannot understand,  it's not something I agree with..  The family of the victim didn't bring race into it.. The media have done.. But I looked past that.. To me, the man went nuts because he believed the kid stole from his home, and so it caused the man to go too far.. I think perhaps the old man thought the police isn't going to help so he took the law into his own hands and killed a child.. The man was clearly guilty and he knows it..   I am all for people using their guns for protection, but NOT like this...What this man did was wrong, and an effing disgrace...I don't care how old he is, he knew fine well what he was doing, I doubt he seriously cared...

I pictured that as my own boy, how it would make me feel, knowing that my kid would never have the chance to grow up, shot by someone who had lived his life, it's just sad.. His mother watched it, she must have been in shock.. I would have ran out that door the sec I saw someone wave a gun in my kids face..

EDIT.. I had to highlight that I personally don't think race has anything to do with it, I saw something else.

Edited by Beckys_Mom, 19 July 2013 - 01:16 PM.

Posted ImageRAW Berris... Dare you enter?

If there's a heaven...I hope to hell I get there !

#2    Bavarian Raven

Bavarian Raven

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,905 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 12:49 PM

Oh great another "race" story... Just what we need. ><

#3    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

Sarcastic Muppet..!

• 51,196 posts

• "I hate pretentious people. I mean, what is the point in applying exorbitantly extensive vocabulary, it is just straightforwardly unnecessary".

Posted 19 July 2013 - 12:53 PM

View PostBavarian Raven, on 19 July 2013 - 12:49 PM, said:

Oh great another "race" story... Just what we need. ><

They push it out like that, but I saw a man going nuts over a kid he felt was stealing from him..  I don't get the race part .In fact the family of the victim didn't bring race into it either.. The media on the other hand............hmmm well we all know what the media are good at..

Is race your only concern?  If that kid belonged to you or someone close to you, how would you feel? I didn't think - RACE the sec I watched the video  nor when I read the story... I saw past that..  I felt sorry for the boy and his folks...

Edited by Beckys_Mom, 19 July 2013 - 12:54 PM.

#4    aztek

aztek

Omnipotent Entity

• 9,612 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 12:54 PM

actually i,ve read about it, the kid stole guns form old man's home. i wonder if his clam was true. if it was, a 13 year old brakes into someones home and steals guns, what do you expect this kid to be when he grows up. old man might have done society a favor.

Edited by aztek, 19 July 2013 - 12:58 PM.

RESIDENT TROLL.

#5    Thanato

Thanato

Alien Abducter

• 5,171 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 12:56 PM

Biggest problem with the story '75-year-old White next door neighbor'. This is why the United States has a problem with 'race issues' because the news can't get past the colour of the skin.

He might of been a racist bigot but let's not group Caucasians with this murdering bigot.

As far as I know there is only one race of humans on this planet. Sigh.

Anyway, this is terrible and he needs to be brought to justice for murdering a child.

"Your toast has been burnt, and no amount of scrapping will remove the black parts!" ~Caboose

"I will eat your unhappyness!" ~Caboose

"Freedom isn't bought in stores, it is bought on battlefields." ~Thanato

#6    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

Sarcastic Muppet..!

• 51,196 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 12:57 PM

View Postaztek, on 19 July 2013 - 12:54 PM, said:

actually i,ve read about it, the kid stole guns form old man's home.

Your full proof is where?     And even is the child stole guns as you say, does that justify what the man did to an unarmed child who was leaving his home?    I saw the video of it all taking place..   Do you think shooting someone unarmed, not in your home, in the back  is justified?

#7    aztek

aztek

Omnipotent Entity

• 9,612 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 01:01 PM

http://www.dailymail...aling-guns.html.

Do you think shooting someone unarmed, not in yourhome, in the back is justified?
no, he was not a threat to his life at that point, so i agree with da, it is murder.

Edited by aztek, 19 July 2013 - 01:04 PM.

RESIDENT TROLL.

#8    Thanato

Thanato

Alien Abducter

• 5,171 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 01:02 PM

Just read, he was found guilty because his own video surveillance showed him gunning the boy down.

"Your toast has been burnt, and no amount of scrapping will remove the black parts!" ~Caboose

"I will eat your unhappyness!" ~Caboose

"Freedom isn't bought in stores, it is bought on battlefields." ~Thanato

#9    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

Sarcastic Muppet..!

• 51,196 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 01:07 PM

View PostThanato, on 19 July 2013 - 01:02 PM, said:

Just read, he was found guilty because his own video surveillance showed him gunning the boy down.

Yea, I mentioned that in the OP, I saw the actual video on you tube.. It was disturbing, I saw the kid act frightened and he tried to get away from the man pointing a gun at him, but sadly he was killed.

#10    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

Sarcastic Muppet..!

• 51,196 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 01:09 PM

View Postaztek, on 19 July 2013 - 01:01 PM, said:

http://www.dailymail...aling-guns.html.

Do you think shooting someone unarmed, not in yourhome, in the back is justified?
no, he was not a threat to his life at that point, so i agree with da, it is murder.

da?

#11    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 17,771 posts

• I count him braver who overcomes his desires than him who conquers his enemies for the hardest victory is over SELF.
    Aristotle

Posted 19 July 2013 - 01:10 PM

I read somewhere that he was 74 and had terminal lung cancer.  So the citizens of his state get to provide end of life care for him - what a deal for the state.  Better than allowing him to just execute people though...good God.

We've cast the world, we've set the stage,
  for what could be, the darkest age...
“This is like playing poker with a guy who cheated you twice before. You know who does that, a moron.

#12    aztek

aztek

Omnipotent Entity

• 9,612 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 01:18 PM

da, aka district attorney, aka prosecutor.

RESIDENT TROLL.

#13    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

Sarcastic Muppet..!

• 51,196 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 01:22 PM

View Postaztek, on 19 July 2013 - 01:18 PM, said:

da, aka district attorney, aka prosecutor.

Thank you...Over here we say - da which is short for dad..( We use da more so than anything, we also say - ma, for mom..Your ma and your da lol ) . So when you said - I agree with da, it's murder.. I thought you were saying, you agreed with your dad  lol

#14    keithisco

keithisco

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,522 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 02:11 PM

It is clear that this man if Guilty of 1st Degree Murder, that is not at issue.

But I have to question some of the details when I read the comments posted below the OP Linked article:

"why are all these news outlets failing to mention that the police went into the victims house, arrested one of her sons and detained the mother for over an hour?"

Is there any truth whatsoever to the robbery claims by the neighbour? Unfortunately we tend to get only a "condensed" version of the stories this side of the pond, with little or no Editorial Investigation (just copy and paste from AP, UOI, and Reuters)

#15    Kowalski

Kowalski

The Original Penguin Conspiracy Theorist

• 4,102 posts

• It's All Some Kind Of Wacked Out Conspiracy....

Posted 19 July 2013 - 02:35 PM

View Postkeithisco, on 19 July 2013 - 02:11 PM, said:

It is clear that this man if Guilty of 1st Degree Murder, that is not at issue.

But I have to question some of the details when I read the comments posted below the OP Linked article:

"why are all these news outlets failing to mention that the police went into the victims house, arrested one of her sons and detained the mother for over an hour?"

Is there any truth whatsoever to the robbery claims by the neighbour? Unfortunately we tend to get only a "condensed" version of the stories this side of the pond, with little or no Editorial Investigation (just copy and paste from AP, UOI, and Reuters)

I'm wondering the same thing as well. Also, their are reports the elderly man suffered from dementia. Maybe, he confused the 13 year old with one of his older brothers? I'm not excusing, what this man did, at all, but we don't know all the facts behind this story....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users