Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

SMILE.JPG

monster demon spirit scary

• Please log in to reply
73 replies to this topic

#31    kannin

kannin

Punisher of the wicked

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,772 posts

• the secret to change is to focus all of your energy,not fighting the old, but building the new

Posted 24 July 2013 - 02:26 PM

View PostBrian Topp, on 24 July 2013 - 04:26 AM, said:

This is just to show how gullible people are.
yeah, thats what makes it crappy for cryptid or urban legend finatics like my, with all the mass hysteria its hard to pin point a plausible or genuinly believable story :(

#32    CHRIS_UK

CHRIS_UK

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 43 posts

• Humour is the key :D

Posted 24 July 2013 - 02:27 PM

Well you're obviously out on a hormone binge looking for an argument.

First, i posted 6 messages after yours.

Second, my post never mentioned you, at all, [forgive me for not realising there was only you in the world that has nightmares] << Thats Snide

Third, You jumped on a proverbial bandwagon and 'presumed' it was all about you

Fourth, You carried on running your mush trying to cause aggravation for no justified reason even though i had explained what i meant

#33    Jennifer_P

Jennifer_P

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 112 posts

• He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man

Posted 24 July 2013 - 02:35 PM

View Postkannin, on 24 July 2013 - 02:25 PM, said:

lol hey jen! and yeah it takes alot more than this to get locked, but hey if you feel the need to argue due so, your opinions matter

Hey! :)

#34    kannin

kannin

Punisher of the wicked

• 1,772 posts

• the secret to change is to focus all of your energy,not fighting the old, but building the new

Posted 24 July 2013 - 04:02 PM

View PostCHRIS_UK, on 24 July 2013 - 02:27 PM, said:

Well you're obviously out on a hormone binge looking for an argument.

First, i posted 6 messages after yours.

Second, my post never mentioned you, at all, [forgive me for not realising there was only you in the world that has nightmares] << Thats Snide

Third, You jumped on a proverbial bandwagon and 'presumed' it was all about you

Fourth, You carried on running your mush trying to cause aggravation for no justified reason even though i had explained what i meant
how about you just stop now? jen is a friend and yes everyone has their opinions but you dont need to be that direct, if it keeps up i will pm a mod

#35    Mikko-kun

Mikko-kun

Drifter

• 1,970 posts

• How much do you don't see?

Posted 24 July 2013 - 04:09 PM

I'll just say, there was one guy who believed he had cancer and he died prematurely. Cause of death: unknown. Not cancer. Placebo works in many ways, but actually believing in it as if it and it's effects were just as real as the pain you have at dentist when your tooth is pulled off without sedating you beforehand. I've had something like that at dentist, I actually smiled a lot during it :D wisdom tooth removal 1# placebo can be used to your advantage too, I told myself before the operation I'd just have a good time at dentist, sit in the chair and relax, and it worked like that. It's natural to doubt it works when you do it, but then just need to stretch your mind a bit and it should work. I say stretch your mind in absense of better words.

In short, these kind of things could be explained by what you'd probably call placebo. That they might work for some and for most they dont see to, though. If they can be explained like that, does it tell a lack of true gullibility?

Edited by Mikko-kun, 24 July 2013 - 04:13 PM.

Wherever there's a problem, there's solutions.
Answers are found from a wide deep perspective, from opened mind's eyes.
From where good and bad stay silent and you hear the real cause and effect, and big picture.
Giving up is wasting your time, but also necessary to find the true cause you didn't find yet.
Staying in the path is necessary only when there's trueness in that path.

#36    CHRIS_UK

CHRIS_UK

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 43 posts

• Humour is the key :D

Posted 24 July 2013 - 04:10 PM

Unfortunately, Direct is the only thing that some people understand, i was merely defending myself justly against what was thrown at me.

Any mod is welcome to read this and see for themselves, that i have no issues with.

#37    kannin

kannin

Punisher of the wicked

• 1,772 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 04:25 PM

View PostMikko-kun, on 24 July 2013 - 04:09 PM, said:

I'll just say, there was one guy who believed he had cancer and he died prematurely. Cause of death: unknown. Not cancer. Placebo works in many ways, but actually believing in it as if it and it's effects were just as real as the pain you have at dentist when your tooth is pulled off without sedating you beforehand. I've had something like that at dentist, I actually smiled a lot during it :D wisdom tooth removal 1# placebo can be used to your advantage too, I told myself before the operation I'd just have a good time at dentist, sit in the chair and relax, and it worked like that. It's natural to doubt it works when you do it, but then just need to stretch your mind a bit and it should work. I say stretch your mind in absense of better words.

In short, these kind of things could be explained by what you'd probably call placebo. That they might work for some and for most they dont see to, though. If they can be explained like that, does it tell a lack of true gullibility?
yeah if some people believe in something enough it can def cause effects maybe thats why i dont drop and convulse when i see the  pic, i wish there was documented reports of this happening then maybe it would be more believable, the first pic was better then the red one though

View PostCHRIS_UK, on 24 July 2013 - 04:10 PM, said:

Unfortunately, Direct is the only thing that some people understand, i was merely defending myself justly against what was thrown at me.

Any mod is welcome to read this and see for themselves, that i have no issues with.
im not blaming either of you, you made a comment, she took it the wrong way, and it started a cycle, so lets just get along and stick on topic now :) shyt happens!

#38    Mikko-kun

Mikko-kun

Drifter

• 1,970 posts

• How much do you don't see?

Posted 24 July 2013 - 05:33 PM

View Postkannin, on 24 July 2013 - 04:25 PM, said:

yeah if some people believe in something enough it can def cause effects maybe thats why i dont drop and convulse when i see the  pic, i wish there was documented reports of this happening then maybe it would be more believable, the first pic was better then the red one though

Works because of reduced dopamine emission they say, but how did his body bend from normal ball-endurance to balls of steel? Would you think his training (of probably getting kicked on the nuts a whole lot of times) would went better if he had embraced himself every time and gathered himself and believed in himself and in that he can take it like nothing while recognicing the force, or that if he'd been acted like a scared little animal and panicked every time there was training for him? I bet the latter wouldn't work so well, because you become more aware of the pain that way.

Those pics, the better they work the better you can "live with them", the better you can get yourself absorbed to them. Just like all movies: watch something really scary to you and you can get jumpy, at least if you've not trained yourself. Or sports, there's much adrenaline released when the fans shout their things to the field. I dont think it's about whether the pictures work or not, but whether you allow them to work to yourself, and to what extent. Now who would want to die just for a picture?

btw, good profile test, that building new thing. :tu:

Edited by Mikko-kun, 24 July 2013 - 05:34 PM.

Wherever there's a problem, there's solutions.
Answers are found from a wide deep perspective, from opened mind's eyes.
From where good and bad stay silent and you hear the real cause and effect, and big picture.
Giving up is wasting your time, but also necessary to find the true cause you didn't find yet.
Staying in the path is necessary only when there's trueness in that path.

#39    Jacques Terreur

Jacques Terreur

Poltergeist

• 2,443 posts

• "I'm Garth Marenghi.
    Author. Dreamweaver. Visionary. Plus Actor."

Posted 24 July 2013 - 05:43 PM

View PostJennifer_P, on 24 July 2013 - 10:53 AM, said:

Well that sucks! Any reaction at all?
my boss got a bit scared..... ;)

#40    kannin

kannin

Punisher of the wicked

• 1,772 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 05:47 PM

View PostMikko-kun, on 24 July 2013 - 05:33 PM, said:

[media=]]

Works because of reduced dopamine emission they say, but how did his body bend from normal ball-endurance to balls of steel? Would you think his training (of probably getting kicked on the nuts a whole lot of times) would went better if he had embraced himself every time and gathered himself and believed in himself and in that he can take it like nothing while recognicing the force, or that if he'd been acted like a scared little animal and panicked every time there was training for him? I bet the latter wouldn't work so well, because you become more aware of the pain that way.

Those pics, the better they work the better you can "live with them", the better you can get yourself absorbed to them. Just like all movies: watch something really scary to you and you can get jumpy, at least if you've not trained yourself. Or sports, there's much adrenaline released when the fans shout their things to the field. I dont think it's about whether the pictures work or not, but whether you allow them to work to yourself, and to what extent. Now who would want to die just for a picture?

btw, good profile test, that building new thing. :tu:
exactly so even though the pic has no supernatural qualities, it can still cause the said effects to its legend because people allow it to noit a ghost or demon!

View PostJacques Terreur, on 24 July 2013 - 05:43 PM, said:

lol right on! and oh by the way SHIZZAH!

#41    Jennifer_P

Jennifer_P

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 112 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 07:35 PM

View PostJacques Terreur, on 24 July 2013 - 05:43 PM, said:

Hahahaha!

#42    coolguy

coolguy

Poltergeist

• 2,396 posts

• Star trek rules

Posted 25 July 2013 - 04:09 AM

Iam not looking iam chicken lol

#43    kannin

kannin

Punisher of the wicked

• 1,772 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 02:46 PM

View Postcoolguy, on 25 July 2013 - 04:09 AM, said:

Iam not looking iam chicken lol
oh comon, youl love it, its really cute!

#44    Jennifer_P

Jennifer_P

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 112 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 06:05 PM

View Postkannin, on 25 July 2013 - 02:46 PM, said:

oh comon, youl love it, its really cute!
Lol! yeah its real cute.

#45    kannin

kannin

Punisher of the wicked

• 1,772 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 06:28 PM

View PostJennifer_P, on 25 July 2013 - 06:05 PM, said:

Lol! yeah its real cute.
isnt it the cutest thing you have ever seen jen?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users