Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Tulpa

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#1    ReaperS_ParadoX

ReaperS_ParadoX

“What’s wrong with accepting madness?

• 2,521 posts

• The boundaries which divide Life from Death are at best shadowy and vague. Who shall say where the one ends, and where the other begins?

Posted 19 July 2013 - 10:04 PM

The mind is a wonderful thing, and there's this idea that with great focus and discipline by imagining things you can bring them to the physical form, its a spiritual discipline and teaching concept in Tibetan Buddhism.

COME WITH ME. OVERWHELMING POWER AND MADNESS AWAIT

THAT IS NOT DEAD WHICH CAN ETERNAL LIE AND WITH STRANGE AEONS EVEN DEATH MAY DIE

#2    Mikko-kun

Mikko-kun

Being (there)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,649 posts

• Keep breathing, it helps.

Posted 19 July 2013 - 10:32 PM

Mind-body link is a very basic thing in astrology, and also placebo is a very well-known effect. Those two, though they might be easily put under the influence of brain to the rest of our body through physical means, it might not be only that, who knows?

Forums... as nice as they are, there's a time and a place for them. As well as getting out of your head.
Reality. Be humble before it or be subjected to illusions you adopt.
No one is above cheating themselves.
Nature has the answers.
Death is not bad.

#3    ReaperS_ParadoX

ReaperS_ParadoX

• 2,521 posts

• The boundaries which divide Life from Death are at best shadowy and vague. Who shall say where the one ends, and where the other begins?

Posted 19 July 2013 - 10:41 PM

I read this account of this woman named Alexandra David-Neel who claimed to have created a tulpa in a friar tuck like monk which later developed a life of its own and had to be destroyed

THAT IS NOT DEAD WHICH CAN ETERNAL LIE AND WITH STRANGE AEONS EVEN DEATH MAY DIE

#4    markdohle

markdohle

Alien Abducter

• 5,029 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 10:44 PM

View PostR4z3rsPar4d0x, on 19 July 2013 - 10:04 PM, said:

The mind is a wonderful thing, and there's this idea that with great focus and discipline by imagining things you can bring them to the physical form, its a spiritual discipline and teaching concept in Tibetan Buddhism.

Probably, lucky for us to be able to do something like that it takes years of training

#5    GreenmansGod

GreenmansGod

Bio-Electric sentient being.

• 10,637 posts

• May the laughter ye give today return to thee 3 fold.

Posted 20 July 2013 - 01:15 AM

Imagining a red mustang with tan leather interior, this might take a while.  

Ok, I am going to say this and be done with it.  In witchcraft things come from some where. If you do a spell for money the money doesn't appear out of no where it comes from some place.   Which is why you have to make sure the money doesn't come through harm to another, like someone dieing.  You have to include that in the spell.

"The moment you declare a set of ideas to be immune from criticism, satire, derision, or contempt, freedom of thought becomes impossible." Salman Rushdie

#6    ReaperS_ParadoX

ReaperS_ParadoX

• 2,521 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 01:25 AM

View PostDarkwind, on 20 July 2013 - 01:15 AM, said:

Imagining a red mustang with tan leather interior, this might take a while.  

Ok, I am going to say this and be done with it.  In witchcraft things come from some where. If you do a spell for money the money doesn't appear out of no where it comes from some place.   Which is why you have to make sure the money doesn't come through harm to another, like someone dieing.  You have to include that in the spell.
But how long would the spell take to do, I'm assuming its not an instantaneous thing, you've said that your a pagan right? Does that have any relation to Druids?

#7    ReaperS_ParadoX

ReaperS_ParadoX

• 2,521 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 01:26 AM

I was thinking that this could possibly be the reason so many people report seeing UFO's that just disappear or appear out of thin air

#8    StarMountainKid

StarMountainKid

Cheese

• 4,897 posts

• We have problems because we stray from what is innocent and pure.

Posted 20 July 2013 - 01:51 AM

I'm going to try to conjure a thoughtform or a tulpa as a tulpa-as-nonsensical-balderdash. If I can achieve this and show it around, it will prove that tulpas are hokum, do not exist and can not be created.

Hopefully this will put an end to all this tulpa hokum, and all of us can then return to a rational and realistic worldview.

The acceptance of authority does not lead to intelligence.
A mind untouched by thought...the end of knowledge.
To see reality loose your opinions.

#9    White Crane Feather

White Crane Feather

Seeker79

• 12,619 posts

• Potter: " is this real or is this in my mind?"

Dumbledore: " Of course it's in your mind....., but that dosn't mean it's not real."

Posted 20 July 2013 - 09:43 AM

View PostStarMountainKid, on 20 July 2013 - 01:51 AM, said:

I'm going to try to conjure a thoughtform or a tulpa as a tulpa-as-nonsensical-balderdash. If I can achieve this and show it around, it will prove that tulpas are hokum, do not exist and can not be created.

Hopefully this will put an end to all this tulpa hokum, and all of us can then return to a rational and realistic worldview.
There are those words again "rational" and "realistic".... Often associated with " logical" and "scientific".

These things often melt down upon the margins and become the anthamas to their own meanings.

"I wish neither to possess, Nor to be possessed. I no longer covet paradise, more important, I no longer fear hell. The medicine for my suffering I had within me from the very beginning, but I did not take it. My ailment came from within myself, But I did not observe it until this moment. Now I see that I will never find the light.  Unless, like the candle, I am my own fuel, Consuming myself. "
Bruce Lee-

#10    White Crane Feather

White Crane Feather

Seeker79

• 12,619 posts

Dumbledore: " Of course it's in your mind....., but that dosn't mean it's not real."

Posted 20 July 2013 - 09:48 AM

Tulpas intriuge me. Our shadow side often manifests in the Tulpa that's why I think it not wise to manifest the deep creations of the mind until one has mastered that beast within us. I am often reminded of the movie the abyss.  Human beings were given the power of instant creation of anything, but only manifested horror.

We are to primitive yet to create beings out of our minds we should leave it to our wombs.

"I wish neither to possess, Nor to be possessed. I no longer covet paradise, more important, I no longer fear hell. The medicine for my suffering I had within me from the very beginning, but I did not take it. My ailment came from within myself, But I did not observe it until this moment. Now I see that I will never find the light.  Unless, like the candle, I am my own fuel, Consuming myself. "
Bruce Lee-

#11    StarMountainKid

StarMountainKid

Cheese

• 4,897 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 03:03 PM

Seeker79 said:

There are those words again "rational" and "realistic".... Often associated with " logical" and "scientific".

These things often melt down upon the margins and become the anthamas to their own meanings.

It's just that I think the "meltdowns" are within the mind, not out there in the real world.

#12    ReaperS_ParadoX

ReaperS_ParadoX

• 2,521 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 04:39 PM

View PostSeeker79, on 20 July 2013 - 09:48 AM, said:

Tulpas intriuge me. Our shadow side often manifests in the Tulpa that's why I think it not wise to manifest the deep creations of the mind until one has mastered that beast within us. I am often reminded of the movie the abyss.  Human beings were given the power of instant creation of anything, but only manifested horror.

We are to primitive yet to create beings out of our minds we should leave it to our wombs.
Also the movie Sphere, works with the concept of anything that people imagine manifests into reality, but the characters kept manifesting there fears, instead of something better that would actually be useful

#13    ReaperS_ParadoX

ReaperS_ParadoX

• 2,521 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 04:43 PM

View PostStarMountainKid, on 20 July 2013 - 01:51 AM, said:

its just a question I put out there, everybody doesn't have your worldview buddy, this tulpa thing is a teaching in Tibetan Buddhism. But of course your entitled to your opinions

#14    White Crane Feather

White Crane Feather

Seeker79

• 12,619 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 05:00 PM

View PostStarMountainKid, on 20 July 2013 - 03:03 PM, said:

It's just that I think the "meltdowns" are within the mind, not out there in the real world.
I know what you mean. But the tulpa still can be  a living entity. A multiple personality of sorts. Two programs in the same computer are still two different programs.

Bruce Lee-

#15    StarMountainKid

StarMountainKid

Cheese

• 4,897 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 05:30 PM

R4z3rePar4d0x said:

ts just a question I put out there, everybody doesn't have your worldview buddy, this tulpa thing is a teaching in Tibetan Buddhism. But of course your entitled to your opinions

I know the tulpa thing is a teaching in Tibetan Buddhism.

I think one can create a psychological tulpa, an "imaginary friend" so to speak. I think we all have these. One's conscience would be an example, as we are often not of one mind.

But, to create an external physical being from thought, my opinion is it is not possible. We may personally imagine this tulpa is a real external being, but this is imagination or delusion.

The movie "Forbidden Planet" would be an example of a technologically created tulpa, which may be possible using some future technology.

We may believe in tulpas, but until there is irrefutable empirical evidence for this phenomena, I remain a skeptic.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users