Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * - - 2 votes

So, mountain Monsters... BS?

• Please log in to reply
196 replies to this topic

#1    Midyin

Midyin

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 432 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 10:28 PM

So I been watching Mountain Monsters. Figured I would give it a shot, and WOW that show is bad.. lol

For starts most of them are God Awful out of shape, In one episode they was hunting werewolves and they found an old house and as they was inside the place there was this roaring noise outside and big rocks were being thrown at the outside of the house. That was pretty cheesy but I could let it slide, but then in another episode they Allegedly caught a pack of HellHounds in a box trap in an aria that is known to have Coyotes..

I am REALLY smelling BS...

Edited by Midyin, 19 July 2013 - 10:30 PM.

#2    BarnabasCollins

BarnabasCollins

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 122 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 10:36 PM

It's like all the other similar shows.  It can be fun to watch so long as you don't take it seriously.  Fake?  Of course.  My biggest complaint is how they handle their firearms.  I have seen so many safety violations.  I just hope they don't harm anyone.  And their traps are very dangerous.  I truly hope they cordon off the area so no unsuspecting person (or animal) gets harmed by their dangerous contraptions.

#3    Midyin

Midyin

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 432 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 10:47 PM

View PostBarnabasCollins, on 19 July 2013 - 10:36 PM, said:

It's like all the other similar shows.  It can be fun to watch so long as you don't take it seriously.  Fake?  Of course.  My biggest complaint is how they handle their firearms.  I have seen so many safety violations.  I just hope they don't harm anyone.  And their traps are very dangerous.  I truly hope they cordon off the area so no unsuspecting person (or animal) gets harmed by their dangerous contraptions.

They wave their guns around, but I'm betting they're empty...

#4    Labobio

Labobio

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 47 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 01:19 AM

more white trash crap....like swamp people..pathetic

#5    Midyin

Midyin

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 432 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 08:18 PM

View PostLabobio, on 20 July 2013 - 01:19 AM, said:

more white trash crap....like swamp people..pathetic

It's a pretty ridiculous show, and I don't understand why Swamp People is even on the HISTORY Channel, but that's another topic for a thread.. lol

I just think Mountain Monsters is a load of BS..

#6    Purifier

Purifier

Δ

• 2,829 posts

• We don't need to conquer the world, we need to conquer our individual selves first. Then the world will be at peace.

Posted 20 July 2013 - 08:51 PM

The most entertaining thing I've seen in a long time. The actors make me laugh, very funny show.

Yeah, it's fake. Most "reality shows" are.

PAWNING RESIDENT TROLLS

#7    Q-C

Q-C

BugWhisperer

• 5,533 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 07:20 AM

It's funnier than any comedy I've ever seen...They should win some kind of reality show award for getting this produced in the first place.

Bigfoot is in the eye of the beholder

Scottish Scientists Only!

#8    George Ford

George Ford

Just pretend you didn't see anything

• Banned
  • 3,149 posts

• 'I live in the weak and the wounded... Doc'

Posted 21 July 2013 - 08:44 PM

Just watched the 1st episode (the wolf man). I thought it was brilliant. They had some sketchy video footage, some thermal footage and recorded howling and growling noises and foot prints . I'm now convinced there is something big and scary out in Kentucky. Also they had some funny hunters. I especially thought the redneck ex-marine was brilliant. That bit where they offered him a spare rifle but he said he didn't need a gun cos he'd just slit its throat with a knife cracked me up.

“Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence” ~ Carl Sagan

#9    ReaperS_ParadoX

ReaperS_ParadoX

“What’s wrong with accepting madness?

• 2,521 posts

• The boundaries which divide Life from Death are at best shadowy and vague. Who shall say where the one ends, and where the other begins?

Posted 21 July 2013 - 10:18 PM

Most reality shows have a  huge cornball factor to the

COME WITH ME. OVERWHELMING POWER AND MADNESS AWAIT

THAT IS NOT DEAD WHICH CAN ETERNAL LIE AND WITH STRANGE AEONS EVEN DEATH MAY DIE

#10    George Ford

George Ford

• Banned
  • 3,149 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 10:20 PM

Just watching episode three now and they have footage of a devil dog. Looks and moves like a Hyena. Which is disturbing because if they have a pack of them on the loose someones gonna end up getting eaten.

#11    George Ford

George Ford

• Banned
  • 3,149 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 09:34 AM

Ok, watched 4 episodes and they all seem to have an obviously fake noise they play which is supposed to be the creatures in the woods. All of the different creatures sound very similar and have a 'Hollywood' horror film kind of a noise. Also in each episode they manage to find a local with a 4-5 second clip of something disappearing into the woods. The creature noise was almost convincing in the 1st 2 episodes but then it becomes too samey to be believable . The creature clips all look pretty good though, one did indeed look like a wolfman type creature, one looked like a hyena and another looked like a large wildcat, probably a Panther. It just seems to convenient that there is always a local with a few seconds of footage. Would have maybe been more believable if the clips were of varying length and a local actually had more then 4 seconds of footage.   Anyway the show is as good, if not better, then Finding Bigfoot and is great for a laugh if you take the whole thing with a (large) pinch of salt.

Edited by bulveye, 22 July 2013 - 09:37 AM.

#12    keninsc

keninsc

Poltergeist

• Closed
  • 3,234 posts

• The problem with people who have no vices is that generally you can be pretty sure they're going to have some pretty annoying virtues. Liz Taylor

Posted 22 July 2013 - 10:09 PM

The thing that got me is they have a good number of guys and yet all of them seem to be all in one spot, they do on occasion split up into two groups, but they need to learn how to utilize their manpower effectively.........and they need to loose some weight and get in better shape. Chasing a creature like that takes guys who get more exercise than walking from the couch to the refrigerator.

.....oh, and they need to shave.

#13    Labobio

Labobio

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 47 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 10:41 PM

LOL..Midyan ..you took the words out of my mouth..most of history channel has nothing to do with history anymore..lol

#14    Jeremiah65

Jeremiah65

Seeker of knowledge

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,097 posts

• "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." Aristotle

Posted 22 July 2013 - 11:00 PM

It's a joke...complete and utter satire.  It is a hoot that they actually got someone to produce this thing and someone actually would put it on the air...

All I can say is....I wish I would have thought of it!

"Liberty means responsibility.  That is why most men dread it."  George Bernard Shaw
"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it."  Thomas Jefferson

Posted Image

#15    Labobio

Labobio

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 47 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 12:01 AM

Honestly..the one monster hunter I really respected was Robert Rines..great guy and brought legitimacy to Nessie hunting...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users