Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

perfection, what is it?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1    danielost

danielost

Forum Divinity

• 28,539 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 02:12 AM

A perfect person, in my view, woudn't think they were perfect. Many times in the bible people call god perfect. But the closest god comes to calling himslf perfect, is when he says,"I am the same today yesterday and tomorrow.

Christ told us to be perfect as your father in heaven is.  So I perfection just being true to yourself.  Being true to yoiur core values or is it more.

I am a mormon.  If I don't use mormons believe, those my beliefs only.
I do not go to church haven't for thirty years.
There are other mormons on this site. So if I have misspoken about the beliefs. I welcome their input.
I am not perfect and never will be. I do strive to be true to myself. I do my best to stay true to the mormon faith. Thank for careing and if you don't peace be with you. http://fremerica.freeforums.net/

#2    Daughter of the Nine Moons

Daughter of the Nine Moons

☆。Fearstriker Do'Teh 。☆

• 14,256 posts

• ☆彡

Posted 20 July 2013 - 02:40 AM

Chocolate is perfection

iheartsugarbear

#3    Paranoid Android

Paranoid Android

????????

• 24,550 posts

• Paranoid Android... No power in the verse can stop me...

Posted 20 July 2013 - 03:19 AM

In a theological sense we can call God "perfect".  In a practical sense, we can call perfection an ideal to strive for.

Posted Image

My blog is now taking a new direction.  Dedicated to my father who was a great inspiration in my life, I wish to honour his memory (RIP, dad) by sharing with the world what he had always kept to himself.  More details, http://www.unexplain...showentry=27811

#4    ambelamba

ambelamba

Just an average guy who tries to be...NORMAL!!!!

• 3,286 posts

• It's good to be mildly skeptical to remain sane. But too much of it will make you a douche.

Posted 20 July 2013 - 05:22 AM

Something that you shouldn't be obsessed with.

They came with a Bible and their religion. stole our land, crushed our spirit, and now they tell us we should be thankful to the Lord for being saved.

-Chief Pontiac (1718-1769)

#5    dlonewolf85

dlonewolf85

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 226 posts

• I'm not a bad boy,

But just misunderstood!!

Posted 20 July 2013 - 06:56 AM

I like to think that in philosophical terms, perfection, just like infinity, is a direction - i.e. we can move towards being perfect but it is not a state nor a condition that one can reach or become, and nobody or nothing is ever perfect. At least that is how an idealist would view things. And that again, is but one of the many different perspectives there is.

When a mother says that her child is 'perfect' or when a devotee believes that a god or a deity is 'perfect', they too would be correct based on their individual perceptions of reality and based on how they 'feel'. However, that kind of a perception could be different from people to people, so that every mother may think that her child is the only perfect one, or two believers from different religious backgrounds may disagree on which god may be the most perfect one there is.

p.s.- That's just my opinion. I can understand that sometimes people are sensitive but I hope that my views are not taken in a negative way, I only cited those examples to convey my point and not to offend anyone. Thanks!

Edited by dlonewolf85, 20 July 2013 - 07:00 AM.

∂ Ѡοɭ ʄ85

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users