Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Rand Paul and Christian fundamentalists

• Please log in to reply
78 replies to this topic

#1    Jessica Christ

Jessica Christ

jeanne d'arc, je te suivrai

• 3,608 posts
  • Location:Currently entering that inner landscape connecting those throughout life

• It seems so important now but you will get over.

Posted 20 July 2013 - 08:26 AM

Sens. Ted Cruz (Tex.) and Rand Paul (Ky.), both mentioned as possible presidential candidates, were the key speakers at a meeting of 400 Iowa ministers and their spouses.

—snip

The group is the brainchild of David Lane, a California Christian organizer who helped get pastors to work together several years ago in support of the agenda of Texas Gov. Rick Perry.

—snip

“We are mobilizing this constituency,” said Lane on Friday, explaining his plans for expanding the Renewal Project in Iowa and other states. “This is not about Republicans and Democrats. It’s about returning American to its Judeo-Christian heritage.”

View: Read more

Edited by The world needs you, 20 July 2013 - 08:36 AM.

#2    Jessica Christ

Jessica Christ

• 3,608 posts
  • Location:Currently entering that inner landscape connecting those throughout life

Posted 20 July 2013 - 08:34 AM

Possible 2016 presidential candidates Ted Cruz and Rand Paul, both born-again Christians and tea party favorites, implored Iowa evangelicals on Friday not to hide from the public square.Both gave passionate, Bible-quoting speeches, arguing that conservatives need to help the country find its way back to Christian values and the traditions of its founders

—snip

He offered his prescription for a more moral nation: Cut off foreign aid to haters of Christianity, avoid war and stand up against abortion and Obamacare.“What America needs is not just another politician or more promises,” Paul said. “What America needs is a revival.”

Rand Paul calls upon pastors to rally the right

#3    Valdemar the Great

Valdemar the Great

a paid-up member of the “tin foil hat brigade”

• 24,425 posts

• Vampires are people too.

Posted 20 July 2013 - 08:39 AM

yes, and a Judao-Christian theocracy is a sound basis for a modern economy, isn't it. Perhaps they think the only way to combat militant Islam is by going back to the time of the Crusades, and becoming a militant theocracy themselves. :unsure2:

Life is a hideous business, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous.

H. P. Lovecraft.

Posted Image

#4    acidhead

acidhead

Were Not Your Slaves!

• 10,504 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 08:43 AM

take a bow Rand you are on the hottest ticket now

"there is no wrong or right - just popular opinion"

#5    Jessica Christ

Jessica Christ

• 3,608 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 08:47 AM

David Lane, noted above in the OP, is funded by the American Family Association.

David Lane (c. 1955) is an American political activist who works to increase the political strength of religious groups on the Christian right, to promote social conservative values in the United States.

Funded largely by the American Family Association (AFA), Lane has organized political briefings with appearances by conservative pastors such as David Barton and politicians such as Mike Huckabee, Newt Gingrich, Michele Bachmann and Haley Barbour. In his behind-the-scenes work for right-wing politics, Lane has been described by The New York Times as "something of a stealth weapon for the right".

http://en.wikipedia....Lane_(activist)

The American Family Association has been classified as a hate group by the SPLC, the internet filter CyberPatrol blocked them for being intolerant, and in 2000 they tried to stop Congressman Jim Kolbe from speaking at the Republican National Convention over his sexual orientation then, "said that Kolbe should be arrested when he returned to his home state, as because Kolbe is gay, he was violating an Arizona law that banned sodomy."

On April 16, 2007, following the Virginia Tech Massacre, the AFA released a video titled The Day They Kicked God out of the Schools, in which God tells a student that students were killed in schools because God isn't allowed in schools anymore. The video claims that the shootings at Virginia Tech and Columbine, among others, are in part the result of: decreased discipline in schools; no prayer in schools; sex out of wedlock; rampant violence in TV, movies, and music; or abortions.

—snip

In August, 2012, AFA Director of Issue Analysis Bryan Fischer compared the children of gay parents to slaves, tweeting that "we need an Underground Railroad to deliver innocent children from same-sex households"

http://en.wikipedia....ily_Association

Isn't this very similar to Westboro's message...?

Edited by The world needs you, 20 July 2013 - 08:55 AM.

#6    preacherman76

preacherman76

Humble Servent

• 10,826 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 11:29 AM

Westboro? No.

Some things are true, even if you dont believe them.

#7    darkmoonlady

darkmoonlady

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,287 posts

• Get busy livin' or get busy dyin'-Shawshank Redemption/Life is a buffet and most poor suckers are starving to death-Auntie Mame

Posted 20 July 2013 - 09:58 PM

View PostThe world needs you, on 20 July 2013 - 08:47 AM, said:

David Lane, noted above in the OP, is funded by the American Family Association.

http://en.wikipedia....Lane_(activist)

The American Family Association has been classified as a hate group by the SPLC, the internet filter CyberPatrol blocked them for being intolerant, and in 2000 they tried to stop Congressman Jim Kolbe from speaking at the Republican National Convention over his sexual orientation then, "said that Kolbe should be arrested when he returned to his home state, as because Kolbe is gay, he was violating an Arizona law that banned sodomy."

http://en.wikipedia....ily_Association

Isn't this very similar to Westboro's message...?
Pretty much exactly the same as Westboro.

“The beauty of religious mania is that it has the power to explain everything. Once God (or Satan) is accepted as the first cause of everything which happens in the mortal world, nothing is left to chance …or change... logic can be happily tossed out the window. Religious mania is one of the few infallible ways of responding to the worlds vagaries, because it totally eliminates pure accident. To the true religious maniac, it’s ALL on purpose” – Stephen King, The Stand

#8    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

Sarcastic Muppet..!

• 51,196 posts

• "I hate pretentious people. I mean, what is the point in applying exorbitantly extensive vocabulary, it is just straightforwardly unnecessary".

Posted 20 July 2013 - 10:11 PM

Rand Paul and the Christian Fundamentalists... Sounds like a name for some Christian rock band !!!

Posted ImageRAW Berris... Dare you enter?

If there's a heaven...I hope to hell I get there !

#9    Detective Mystery 2014

Detective Mystery 2014

Poltergeist

• 2,279 posts

• Mysteries are tomorrow's histories.

Posted 21 July 2013 - 02:42 AM

It could have been worse. He could have attended Reverend Wright's BLT church for 21 years. That's the same one that invited the NOI's Louis Farrakhan to speak, to the cheers of assorted congregants. The leftists act like Paul went to a Christian Identity meeting, with David Duke as an honored guest. :rolleyes:

There is one reality with billions of versions.

#10    Raptor Witness

Raptor Witness

Savant

• 2,290 posts

• ראה

Posted 21 July 2013 - 05:27 AM

Rand Paul doesn't have a snowball's chance in hell of being elected President.

It's a joke to even think he could.

Rubio's kinda cute ... maybe?

The next President of the United States will be Putin, at the rate we're going.

Edited by Raptor Witness, 21 July 2013 - 05:31 AM.

Posted Image "Make Manifest Destiny a memory ..." 12-7-2011  "When the earth is displaced fully three times at the point of destiny ..." 10-29-2013

#11    Sir Wearer of Hats

Sir Wearer of Hats

SCIENCE!

• 10,287 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 05:53 AM

View PostRaptor Witness, on 21 July 2013 - 05:27 AM, said:

it'll be Justin Beiber if we're not careful.

I must not fear. Fear is the Mind-Killer. It is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and to move through me. And when it is gone I will turn the inner eye to see it's path.
When the fear is gone, there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.

#12    Yamato

Yamato

Forum Divinity

• 10,431 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 06:05 AM

View PostBeckys_Mom, on 20 July 2013 - 10:11 PM, said:

Rand Paul and the Christian Fundamentalists... Sounds like a name for some Christian rock band !!!
LOL it kinda does.

Now we're back to parroting that old media line again?   Who could ever vote for a President Ron Paul?   Liberty.....ewwwwww nobody wants that!   We want someone in Washington to decide how to run our lives for us.

Rand is as shrewd as they come and playing the game of thrones in the way that he can become President.   His father wasn't like that.  His father stuck to principle and voted No on every unconstitutional bill the Congress passed across his desk, which was just about all of them.  His father didn't answer the door when the lobbyists came knocking.  Rand Paul's directive is inclusion and acceptance and he'll answer the door.  He'll also compromise on principle to win an election.

"To deny people their human rights is to challenge their very humanity.   To impose on them a wretched life of hunger and deprivation is to dehumanize them." ~ Nelson Mandela

#13    acidhead

acidhead

Were Not Your Slaves!

• 10,504 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 06:15 AM

View PostYamato, on 21 July 2013 - 06:05 AM, said:

LOL it kinda does.

Now we're back to parroting that old media line again?   Who could ever vote for a President Ron Paul?   Liberty.....ewwwwww nobody wants that!   We want someone in Washington to decide how to run our lives for us.

Rand is as shrewd as they come and playing the game of thrones in the way that he can become President.   His father wasn't like that.  His father stuck to principle and voted No on every unconstitutional bill the Congress passed across his desk, which was just about all of them.  His father didn't answer the door when the lobbyists came knocking.  Rand Paul's directive is inclusion and acceptance and he'll answer the door.  He'll also compromise on principle to win an election.

I like his ol mans strict principled approach a whole lot better........ the cold hard truth is what I want to hear each and every single time.

Edited by acidhead, 21 July 2013 - 06:16 AM.

"there is no wrong or right - just popular opinion"

#14    Raptor Witness

Raptor Witness

Savant

• 2,290 posts

• ראה

Posted 21 July 2013 - 06:50 AM

View PostSir Wearer of Hats, on 21 July 2013 - 05:53 AM, said:

it'll be Justin Beiber if we're not careful.
My wife wouldn't vote for Beiber, not in a million plus years.

Rubio, on the other hand, she would vote for based upon appearance alone, as would my Mom, and women make up over half the electorate now.

My point, Rand Paul, while likeable guy in my book, just doesn't factor for women.

I don't think many women think all that highly of Hillary, either, but who knows. The Clinton's are capable of extreme makeovers. lol

Posted Image "Make Manifest Destiny a memory ..." 12-7-2011  "When the earth is displaced fully three times at the point of destiny ..." 10-29-2013

#15    Detective Mystery 2014

Detective Mystery 2014

Poltergeist

• 2,279 posts

• Mysteries are tomorrow's histories.

Posted 21 July 2013 - 06:53 AM

It might be a Bush or a Clinton. That seems to be the pattern. It could be Jeb, or it could be Hillary. Both of them are good speakers, and that, along with surface appearances, sway voters more than experience, philosophies, records, etc.. They're articulate and intelligent, and establishment journalism is comfortable with them. That's not to say that their policies are the right ones. It's to say that we're chained to the two-party tradition. The PTB will make sure that the next election will be business as usual (hope I'm wrong there).

There is one reality with billions of versions.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users