Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Rand Paul and Christian fundamentalists

• Please log in to reply
78 replies to this topic

#16    No Censorship

No Censorship

Poltergeist

• Validating
  • 2,784 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 06:56 AM

View PostRaptor Witness, on 21 July 2013 - 06:50 AM, said:

My wife wouldn't vote for Beiber, not in a million plus years.

Rubio, on the other hand, she would vote for based upon appearance alone, as would my Mom, and women make up over half the electorate now.

My point, Rand Paul, while likeable guy in my book, just doesn't factor for women.

I don't think many women think all that highly of Hillary, either, but who knows. The Clinton's are capable of extreme makeovers. lol

That was strange synchronicity! We typed some of the same things at the same time. :w00t:

There is one reality with billions of versions.

#17    Avatar Samantha Ai

WE DO LOVE YOU

• 3,746 posts

• It seems so important now but you will get over.
    -AF

Posted 21 July 2013 - 04:40 PM

George P. Bush is the Republican secret weapon which might be unveiled for national 2020 elections. Keep an eye on Texas for now.

http://www.slate.com..._bush_son.html?

Edited by The world needs you, 21 July 2013 - 04:43 PM.

#18    Raptor Witness

Raptor Witness

Savant

• 2,780 posts

• ראה

Posted 21 July 2013 - 05:28 PM

View PostThe world needs you, on 21 July 2013 - 04:40 PM, said:

George P. Bush is the Republican secret weapon which might be unveiled for national 2020 elections. Keep an eye on Texas for now.

http://www.slate.com..._bush_son.html?
No, Mamma said that there would be no more Bush's running for President, and I take her at her word for that. This was said to a reporter at the grand opening of the Bush Library in Dallas.

The older she gets, the more I like her.

We don't live in a monarchy, come on! She understand this better than anybody, and even she is rejecting the idea. Thunderous applause for Momma Bush.

As long as she's alive, and that should be a while, I suspect, it ain't happening.

Edited by Raptor Witness, 21 July 2013 - 05:31 PM.

Posted Image "Make Manifest Destiny a memory ..." 12-7-2011  "When the earth is displaced fully three times at the point of destiny ..." 10-29-2013

#19    darkmoonlady

darkmoonlady

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,371 posts

• Get busy livin' or get busy dyin'-Shawshank Redemption/Life is a buffet and most poor suckers are starving to death-Auntie Mame

Posted 21 July 2013 - 05:50 PM

Wow nice comment on what you think of the women in your lives that you think they'd vote for a candidate based on looks. As a woman I don't care about looks I care about if they have common sense and and intelligence. What is this 1920, women are not some fan waving hormonal airheads.

“The beauty of religious mania is that it has the power to explain everything. Once God (or Satan) is accepted as the first cause of everything which happens in the mortal world, nothing is left to chance …or change... logic can be happily tossed out the window. Religious mania is one of the few infallible ways of responding to the worlds vagaries, because it totally eliminates pure accident. To the true religious maniac, it’s ALL on purpose” – Stephen King, The Stand

#20    Avatar Samantha Ai

WE DO LOVE YOU

• 3,746 posts

-AF

Posted 21 July 2013 - 09:00 PM

View Postdarkmoonlady, on 21 July 2013 - 05:50 PM, said:

Wow nice comment on what you think of the women in your lives that you think they'd vote for a candidate based on looks. As a woman I don't care about looks I care about if they have common sense and and intelligence. What is this 1920, women are not some fan waving hormonal airheads.

That was noted too but decided against pointing it since it would draw away from the Rand Paul and Christian fundamentalist connection and the fact that, "Rand Paul doesn’t care about the persecution of gays and lesbians, or of transgenders. He doesn’t care about the persecution of Pagans or secularists or of atheists. He doesn’t care about anyone but Christians."

Yet Rand Paul, singularly-minded, only decides one group is worthy of protection and even puts it in terms of a conspiracy theory-like "war against Christians":

“There is a war on Christianity,” he told his audience, well ahead of the Christmas season. “Not just from liberal elites here at home, but worldwide.”

*snip*

By campaigning against the First Amendment, Rand Paul has shown himself to be completely unsuitable for high office. His job is to represent everyone in his district, not only Evangelical Christians. His job as president would be to represent the interests of ALL Americans, not only Evangelical Christians.

http://www.politicus...christians.html

It all points out the hypocrisy in the libertarian view that we should not be dictated by others how to live yet their prime candidate supports Christians who would do exactly that and are doing exactly that in all these states that they are sabotaging women's health clinics.

It also points out the perversion of the modern libertarians who would consider such actions as "inclusion and acceptance".

View PostYamato, on 21 July 2013 - 06:05 AM, said:

Rand Paul's directive is inclusion and acceptance

Of course the Republican and now libertarian "war against women" is vile but did not want to point out the chauvinistic claim that "women will vote for the handsome candidate", as if they cannot understand the issues and vote based on that, because it could derail the thread into further feminist bashing as was done on the Hillary thread.

Still not going to mind at all that you pointed it out here because it was uneasy to read that and my feelings were mixed on whether to point it out or not so glad you did in the end.

Edited by The world needs you, 21 July 2013 - 09:14 PM.

#21    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

Sarcastic Muppet..!

• 51,196 posts

• "I hate pretentious people. I mean, what is the point in applying exorbitantly extensive vocabulary, it is just straightforwardly unnecessary".

Posted 21 July 2013 - 09:07 PM

Is this true, does this man Rand Paul only look out for Christians and only Christians?    IF this is true, ( and I mean IF, because I don't know him or anything about him )  then he would have no business running for office..  It's also not a smart thing to do if you are looking the vote from  EVERY US citizen..  All it may give you is the Christian vote, and even then, some of the christians might not like his policies and so on...    

I think politicians shoot themselves in the foot and make it worse for themselves  if they show discriminations of any kind towards any group of people.. Be it men, women, race, religion, anything.. If you only show favour for your own kind, you leave space to discriminate, and it can cost you an election...

Posted ImageRAW Berris... Dare you enter?

If there's a heaven...I hope to hell I get there !

#22    Kowalski

Kowalski

The Original Penguin Conspiracy Theorist

• 4,102 posts

• It's All Some Kind Of Wacked Out Conspiracy....

Posted 21 July 2013 - 09:15 PM

Seems to me the liberals and the mainstream media are scared of Rand Paul, so they are trying their best to discredit him.... Business as usual....

#23    darkmoonlady

darkmoonlady

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,371 posts

• Get busy livin' or get busy dyin'-Shawshank Redemption/Life is a buffet and most poor suckers are starving to death-Auntie Mame

Posted 21 July 2013 - 09:32 PM

Discredit him how? By enlightening people about who he has now chose to align himself with and the things they believe and the agenda they have? I don't see that as discrediting him as much as informing people about the company he chooses to keep.

“The beauty of religious mania is that it has the power to explain everything. Once God (or Satan) is accepted as the first cause of everything which happens in the mortal world, nothing is left to chance …or change... logic can be happily tossed out the window. Religious mania is one of the few infallible ways of responding to the worlds vagaries, because it totally eliminates pure accident. To the true religious maniac, it’s ALL on purpose” – Stephen King, The Stand

#24    Kowalski

Kowalski

The Original Penguin Conspiracy Theorist

• 4,102 posts

• It's All Some Kind Of Wacked Out Conspiracy....

Posted 21 July 2013 - 09:47 PM

View Postdarkmoonlady, on 21 July 2013 - 09:32 PM, said:

Discredit him how? By enlightening people about who he has now chose to align himself with and the things they believe and the agenda they have? I don't see that as discrediting him as much as informing people about the company he chooses to keep.

And Obama hung around radical preachers, yet no one cared about that....

By the way, how do you know any of this is true? Did it ever occur to you that the talking heads might be lieing?

#25    shrooma

shrooma

Government Agent

• Banned
  • 3,985 posts

• Live.
    Sin.
    Die.

Posted 21 July 2013 - 10:05 PM

View PostDetective Mystery 2013, on 21 July 2013 - 02:42 AM, said:

He could have attended Reverend Wright's BLT church for 21 years.
America has a church that worships Bacon, Lettuce, & Tomato sandwiches??
where do i sign goddammit, WHERE DO I SIGN!!
:-)

"Get off your knees, the party's over."
-How do you sleep-
The Stone Roses.

#26    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

Sarcastic Muppet..!

• 51,196 posts

• "I hate pretentious people. I mean, what is the point in applying exorbitantly extensive vocabulary, it is just straightforwardly unnecessary".

Posted 21 July 2013 - 10:08 PM

View Postshrooma, on 21 July 2013 - 10:05 PM, said:

America has a church that worships Bacon, Lettuce, & Tomato sandwiches??
where do i sign goddammit, WHERE DO I SIGN!!
:-)

YES..I want to belong to the BLT church...BUT only IF it offers us chocolate salvation :P

mmmmhhhhhhhh chocolate salvation  *Homer Simpson drool*

#27    Avatar Samantha Ai

WE DO LOVE YOU

• 3,746 posts

-AF

Posted 21 July 2013 - 10:18 PM

Christian Broadcasting Network, which also hosts Pat Robertson's 700 Club, has photos on their website of Rand Paul speaking at this event.

Ted Cruz, Rand Paul and Praying for Spiritual Revival In America

It was a sight to behold inside a conference ballroom at the downtown Marriott hotel in Des Moines, Iowa, as hundreds of Iowa pastors called out to God and prayed over two U.S. senators, both of whom seem interested in running for president of the United States.

Sen. Ted Cruz and Sen. Rand Paul came to Iowa Friday to speak at this Pastors and Pews event, organized by influential evangelical political operative David Lane. The Brody File got an up close look and access to the private event. We will be posting compelling video early next week. For now, we are releasing a few pictures from the event.

*snip*

http://blogs.cbn.com...revival-in.aspx

Posted Image

Edited by The world needs you, 21 July 2013 - 10:35 PM.

#28    Yamato

Yamato

Forum Divinity

• 15,248 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 12:02 AM

Posted Image

"The power to declare war, including the power of judging the causes of war, is fully and exclusively vested in the Legislature.  The Executive has no right, in any case, to decide the question" ~ James Madison
"Peace cannot be achieved by force, only by understanding."  ~ Albert Einstein
"To deny people their human rights is to challenge their very humanity.   To impose on them a wretched life of hunger and deprivation is to dehumanize them." ~ Nelson Mandela
"I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians.  Your Christians are so unlike your Christ." ~ Mahatma Gandhi

#29    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

Sarcastic Muppet..!

• 51,196 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 12:12 AM

Ha ha  I have seen tit for tat posts.. but never tit for tat pictures   lol

#30    Yamato

Yamato

Forum Divinity

• 15,248 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 12:42 AM

My tit was full of blacks.  OMG I must be racist now.

"The power to declare war, including the power of judging the causes of war, is fully and exclusively vested in the Legislature.  The Executive has no right, in any case, to decide the question" ~ James Madison
"Peace cannot be achieved by force, only by understanding."  ~ Albert Einstein
"To deny people their human rights is to challenge their very humanity.   To impose on them a wretched life of hunger and deprivation is to dehumanize them." ~ Nelson Mandela
"I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians.  Your Christians are so unlike your Christ." ~ Mahatma Gandhi

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users