Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Rand Paul and Christian fundamentalists

• Please log in to reply
78 replies to this topic

#31    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

Sarcastic Muppet..!

• 51,196 posts

• "I hate pretentious people. I mean, what is the point in applying exorbitantly extensive vocabulary, it is just straightforwardly unnecessary".

Posted 22 July 2013 - 01:01 AM

View PostYamato, on 22 July 2013 - 12:42 AM, said:

My tit was full of blacks.  
No, that was hit tit....you hit back with the tat  

*Smirks* Over here tit has couple of meanings  lol

OMG I must be racist now.            

Well his tit was full of whites, so you both are racists :P

Posted ImageRAW Berris... Dare you enter?

If there's a heaven...I hope to hell I get there !

#32    No Censorship

No Censorship

Poltergeist

• Validating
  • 2,784 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 01:25 AM

View Postshrooma, on 21 July 2013 - 10:05 PM, said:

America has a church that worships Bacon, Lettuce, & Tomato sandwiches??
where do i sign goddammit, WHERE DO I SIGN!!
:-)

Go to the next Black Liberation Theology picnic. Now, thank me for setting up your joke. ;)

There is one reality with billions of versions.

#33    shrooma

shrooma

Government Agent

• Banned
  • 3,985 posts

• Live.
    Sin.
    Die.

Posted 22 July 2013 - 01:46 AM

View PostDetective Mystery 2013, on 22 July 2013 - 01:25 AM, said:

Now, thank me for setting up your joke. ;)
thank you DM, i couldn't have done it without you!
:-)

"Get off your knees, the party's over."
-How do you sleep-
The Stone Roses.

#34    Raptor Witness

Raptor Witness

Savant

• 2,780 posts

• ראה

Posted 22 July 2013 - 02:27 AM

View PostThe world needs you, on 21 July 2013 - 10:18 PM, said:

Christian Broadcasting Network, which also hosts Pat Robertson's 700 Club, has photos on their website of Rand Paul speaking at this event.

Ted Cruz, Rand Paul and Praying for Spiritual Revival In America

http://blogs.cbn.com...revival-in.aspx

There's nothing wrong with praying for a miracle, but Rand Paul will never be President. V.P> possibly ... but not President.

That's like saying Pat Robertson could have been President.

People are looking for real miracles, and they shall have them. More than they can possibly imagine, and certainly more than this government could ever offer them.

Posted Image "Make Manifest Destiny a memory ..." 12-7-2011  "When the earth is displaced fully three times at the point of destiny ..." 10-29-2013

#35    Avatar Samantha Ai

WE DO LOVE YOU

• 3,746 posts

• It seems so important now but you will get over.
    -AF

Posted 22 July 2013 - 02:36 AM

View PostYamato, on 22 July 2013 - 12:02 AM, said:

Posted Image

That is a photo of a then Senator Obama at the 48th Quadrennial of the African Methodist Episcopal Church (AME) in 2008. The AME is considered a Mainline Protestant church and is not radical or fundamentalist at all.

Confused a bit here since on another thread I posted, "This type of fundamentalist religiosity is the problem," and did you not even "like" that comment?

Posted Image
(click to expand image)

Well David Lane espouses the same type of fundamentalist religiosity that is the problem and Rand Paul is now in league with him and them.

These are David Lane's own words calling for a Holy War in America.

Where are the champions of Christ to save the nation from the pagan onslaught imposing homosexual marriage, homosexual scouts, 60 million babies done to death by abortion and red ink as far as the eye can see on America? Who will wage war for the Soul of America and trust the living God to deliver the pagan gods into our hands and restore America to her Judeo-Christian heritage and re-establish a Christian culture?

http://www.dailykos....holy-war-on-us#

Do libertarians really want to re-establish Christian culture in America and defeat the "pagan gods"???

Is it only OK to be against fundamentalist religiosity when it is suitable, as Rand Paul himself did by making fun of evangelicals while in college according to Politico and Rolling Stone, but then turn around and side with them in their Holy War in America when it is politically expedient?

Edited by The world needs you, 22 July 2013 - 02:52 AM.

#36    F3SS

F3SS

FoT

• 9,833 posts

• Father of Twins
    3-16-16

Posted 22 July 2013 - 02:41 AM

Me thinks somebody's scared of Rand.

#37    Avatar Samantha Ai

WE DO LOVE YOU

• 3,746 posts

-AF

Posted 22 July 2013 - 02:46 AM

View PostYamato, on 21 July 2013 - 06:05 AM, said:

He'll also compromise on principle to win an election.

What else will Rand Paul and libertarians compromise their principles for?

Again, here is David Lane in his own words:

As to the future of America – and the collapse of this once-Christian nation – Christians must not only be allowed to have opinions, but politically, Christians must be retrained to war for the Soul of America and quit believing the fabricated whopper of the “Separation of Church and State,” the lie repeated ad nauseum by the left and liberals to keep Christian America – the moral majority – from imposing moral government on pagan public schools, pagan higher learning and pagan media.

http://www.rightwing...h.YETdTn5l.dpuf

Do libertarians really want to destroy the separation of church and state here in America?

Do libertarians really want to get rid of teaching evolution in schools and instead teach creationism? Is this what David Lane means by, "imposing moral government on pagan public schools"?

If not then why is Rand Paul siding with David Lane and why are libertarians standing by Rand on this?

Edited by The world needs you, 22 July 2013 - 03:03 AM.

#38    acidhead

acidhead

GOV Debt Slave

• 11,929 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 05:37 AM

View PostThe world needs you, on 22 July 2013 - 02:46 AM, said:

What else will Rand Paul and libertarians compromise their principles for?

Again, here is David Lane in his own words:

http://www.rightwing...h.YETdTn5l.dpuf

Do libertarians really want to destroy the separation of church and state here in America?

Do libertarians really want to get rid of teaching evolution in schools and instead teach creationism? Is this what David Lane means by, "imposing moral government on pagan public schools"?

If not then why is Rand Paul siding with David Lane and why are libertarians standing by Rand on this?

Do your home work.  Rand Paul is not a Libertarian.

"there is no wrong or right - just popular opinion"

#39    Avatar Samantha Ai

WE DO LOVE YOU

• 3,746 posts

-AF

Posted 22 July 2013 - 05:44 AM

View Postacidhead, on 22 July 2013 - 05:37 AM, said:

Do your home work.  Rand Paul is not a Libertarian.

When was Rand Paul accused of being a Libertarian with a capital L.

The questions were also not asked of Libertarians. They were asked to libertarians.

#40    acidhead

acidhead

GOV Debt Slave

• 11,929 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 06:12 AM

View PostThe world needs you, on 22 July 2013 - 05:44 AM, said:

When was Rand Paul accused of being a Libertarian with a capital L.

The questions were also not asked of Libertarians. They were asked to libertarians.

Whatever!  In almost every post with Rand Pauls name in it you mention Libertarians.

duh

#41    Avatar Samantha Ai

WE DO LOVE YOU

• 3,746 posts

-AF

Posted 22 July 2013 - 06:15 AM

View Postacidhead, on 22 July 2013 - 06:12 AM, said:

Whatever!  In almost every post with Rand Pauls name in it you mention Libertarians.

duh

Do you stand by Rand?

Do you stand by Rand standing by Christian fundamentalists?

Are the self-described libertarians going to ignore or defer over this issue?

Rand Paul himself describes as a libertarian and most know that is what he is. Now Libertarians? Who talks about them? As a third party they are going no where...

Like his father, the son also favors notions of limited government. "Libertarian would be a good description," Rand Paul told CNN, "because libertarians believe in freedom in all aspects of your life – your economic life as well as your social life as well as your personal life."

http://politicaltick...pauls-son-says/

#42    Yamato

Yamato

Forum Divinity

• 15,252 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 06:26 AM

And that's a photo of then Senator Paul.   It seems that we have another double standard caused by partisanship here.  Oh but Rand's church isn't "mainline" enough.   I'm sick and tired of the "mainline".  It's time to blaze a new trail in this country.

Politics are useless for the betterment of civilization.   They waste everyone's time, energy and frankly, intelligence.  

Rand Paul isn't a libertarian.  He isn't a fundamentalist either.    He like Obama, has people from many cloths and stripes supporting him.   And he'll reach out to every single one of them by the time elections come.  This whole story is a load of nothing in the big picture.

"The power to declare war, including the power of judging the causes of war, is fully and exclusively vested in the Legislature.  The Executive has no right, in any case, to decide the question" ~ James Madison
"Peace cannot be achieved by force, only by understanding."  ~ Albert Einstein
"To deny people their human rights is to challenge their very humanity.   To impose on them a wretched life of hunger and deprivation is to dehumanize them." ~ Nelson Mandela
"I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians.  Your Christians are so unlike your Christ." ~ Mahatma Gandhi

#43    Avatar Samantha Ai

WE DO LOVE YOU

• 3,746 posts

-AF

Posted 22 July 2013 - 06:30 AM

View PostYamato, on 22 July 2013 - 06:26 AM, said:

And that's a photo of then Senator Paul.   It seems that we have another double standard caused by partisanship here.  Oh but Rand's church isn't "mainline" enough.   I'm sick and tired of the "mainline".  It's time to blaze a new trail in this country.

Politics are useless for the betterment of civilization.   They waste everyone's time, energy and frankly, intelligence.  

Rand Paul isn't a libertarian.  He isn't a fundamentalist either. He like Obama, has people from many cloths and stripes supporting him.   And he'll reach out to every single one of them by the time elections come.  This whole story is a load of nothing in the big picture.

Total deferment. Rand Paul allies with those who would teach creationism in science class and remove separation of church from state overall.

The libertarians show their true colors.

#44    Yamato

Yamato

Forum Divinity

• 15,252 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 06:31 AM

View PostBeckys_Mom, on 22 July 2013 - 01:01 AM, said:

No, that was hit tit....you hit back with the tat  

*Smirks* Over here tit has couple of meanings  lol

Well his tit was full of whites, so you both are racists :P
OMG you said "whites", you're a racist too now.

"The power to declare war, including the power of judging the causes of war, is fully and exclusively vested in the Legislature.  The Executive has no right, in any case, to decide the question" ~ James Madison
"Peace cannot be achieved by force, only by understanding."  ~ Albert Einstein
"To deny people their human rights is to challenge their very humanity.   To impose on them a wretched life of hunger and deprivation is to dehumanize them." ~ Nelson Mandela
"I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians.  Your Christians are so unlike your Christ." ~ Mahatma Gandhi

#45    acidhead

acidhead

GOV Debt Slave

• 11,929 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 06:32 AM

View PostThe world needs you, on 22 July 2013 - 06:15 AM, said:

Do you stand by Rand?

Do you stand by Rand standing by Christian fundamentalists?

Are the self-described libertarians going to ignore or defer over this issue?

Rand Paul himself describes as a libertarian and most know that is what he is. Now Libertarians? Who talks about them? As a third party they are going no where...

http://politicaltick...pauls-son-says/

Rand can stand with whomever he wishes to stand with..... same with you.  You are free to stand on your own merit. Live and die by your own sword.   ....hope that phrase cements in your brain.

The article you posted is 4 years old and when Rand was running for Senator.  ....hes hardly a Libertarian bud.  Its obvious hes a Constitutional-Conservative.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users