Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Mosquitoes Need Sugar, Not Blood, To Survive

mosquitoes blood sugar

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1    Still Waters

Still Waters

Deeply Mysterious

• 39,836 posts

• "Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better." - Albert Einstein

Posted 20 July 2013 - 07:30 PM

It’s summertime, and with the season comes sun, fun and mosquitoes. Mosquitoes suck your blood, leave itchy welts, and can even transmit diseases making them an enemy to anyone who spends time outdoors.  

Now, researchers at the U.S. Department of Agriculture are studying ways to trap and kill these pests by focusing on what mosquitoes are addicted to. Surprisingly it’s not blood, but sugar.

http://www.insidesci...od-survive/1206

Posted Image

#2    Mikko-kun

Mikko-kun

Naked Judgement

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,532 posts

• Mercy is a more complete observance

Posted 20 July 2013 - 07:44 PM

Pretty dangerous to a large part of the population I wager, with all the sugar added to foods plus the sugar-addicts. Out of all the shops I go, only one out of tenth or so doesn't have it's sweets shelf right next to the registers. Maybe this could give them some reason to change that in southern countries.

Can you imagine? Can you choose?
One thing there's more room for, is humility. Can you answer the question whether we're the epitome of existence, or extensions of it? Whatever existence, god, holiness, the god particle, life, or whatever it is.

#3    Yes_Man

Yes_Man

hi

• 8,590 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 09:02 PM

I believe its sweat and blood

#4    ReaperS_ParadoX

ReaperS_ParadoX

“What’s wrong with accepting madness?

• 2,521 posts

• The boundaries which divide Life from Death are at best shadowy and vague. Who shall say where the one ends, and where the other begins?

Posted 21 July 2013 - 07:33 PM

My ex was a vegetarian, no sugar and they were still feeding off of her

COME WITH ME. OVERWHELMING POWER AND MADNESS AWAIT

THAT IS NOT DEAD WHICH CAN ETERNAL LIE AND WITH STRANGE AEONS EVEN DEATH MAY DIE

#5    Mikko-kun

Mikko-kun

Naked Judgement

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,532 posts

• Mercy is a more complete observance

Posted 21 July 2013 - 07:48 PM

View PostR4z3rsPar4d0x, on 21 July 2013 - 07:33 PM, said:

My ex was a vegetarian, no sugar and they were still feeding off of her

Ain't there still some sugar in your system and in the veggies too, though less? And I was under the impression that carbs produce sugar, might be very wrong though, thought it was a form of slow sugar.

Can you imagine? Can you choose?
One thing there's more room for, is humility. Can you answer the question whether we're the epitome of existence, or extensions of it? Whatever existence, god, holiness, the god particle, life, or whatever it is.

Also tagged with mosquitoes, blood, sugar

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users