Jump to content




Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.


* * * - - 6 votes

Under ground government cities?


  • Please log in to reply
392 replies to this topic

#31    DKO

DKO

    Ω is Futile.

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,830 posts
  • Joined:28 Aug 2011
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Western Australia

  • When you hear hoofbeats behind you, don't expect to see a zebra - Unless you're in Africa...

Posted 23 July 2013 - 01:37 AM

View PostRafterman, on 22 July 2013 - 03:36 PM, said:

I thought that's all you guys ate down there - at least that's what the Outback Steakhouse commercials indicate.

Haha nah. I looked it up, it's an American dish made famous by Outback Steakhouse. Nothing on that menu looks Australian at all lol. I think that restaurant is more of a Hollywood type Aussie steakhouse than a real steakhouse.

The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe it. - Neil DeGrasse Tyson


Confucius Says:

Man who runs behind car gets exhausted.

Man who wants pretty nurse must be patient.


#32    White Crane Feather

White Crane Feather

    Forum Divinity

  • Member
  • 10,726 posts
  • Joined:12 Jul 2010
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:California

  • Potter: " is this real or is this in my mind?"

    Dumbledore: " Of course it's in your mind....., but that dosn't mean it's not real."

Posted 23 July 2013 - 08:26 AM

I don't see what is so implausible about it. If I were in the government with power I would create one. Human beings may need to do this one day, or we may colonize other planets this way. It seems perfectly natural for a government with enough resources to do this. And no a project like that could not he kept secret it would leak out.

"I wish neither to possess, Nor to be possessed. I no longer covet paradise, more important, I no longer fear hell. The medicine for my suffering I had within me from the very beginning, but I did not take it. My ailment came from within myself, But I did not observe it until this moment. Now I see that I will never find the light.  Unless, like the candle, I am my own fuel, Consuming myself. "
Bruce Lee-

#33    Subsonicjourno

Subsonicjourno

    Ectoplasmic Residue

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 205 posts
  • Joined:25 Oct 2010
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Britain

  • https://www.facebook.com/Unconqueredseries

Posted 23 July 2013 - 12:08 PM

The Uk has an extensive network of underground facilities. A friend of mine who worked for the RAF told me their was an entire railway network underneath much of the country.


#34    Farmer77

Farmer77

    Psychic Spy

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,610 posts
  • Joined:04 Mar 2009
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:The Desert

  • "Science has done its utmost to prevent whatever science has done" - Charles Fort

Posted 23 July 2013 - 04:46 PM

View PostSeeker79, on 23 July 2013 - 08:26 AM, said:

I don't see what is so implausible about it. If I were in the government with power I would create one. Human beings may need to do this one day, or we may colonize other planets this way. It seems perfectly natural for a government with enough resources to do this. And no a project like that could not he kept secret it would leak out.

I agree. In fact it seems to make logical sense that a government or corporation would move facilities underground for a whole host of reasons; safety, secrecy etc.

And while the secret would leak out there are plenty of people like the ones who have already posted that would simply dismiss the story as conspiracy BS. (which is an INSANE thought process after the Snowden info, the DOJ funding Trayvon protests and the CIA funding geoengineering stories broke JUST THIS MONTH)

I don't suffer from insanity, I rather enjoy it

#35    Apollyon734

Apollyon734

    Alien Embryo

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 33 posts
  • Joined:09 Oct 2013
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Hoosier State

  • A man's worth is no greater than his ambitions.
    Marcus Aurelius

Posted 11 October 2013 - 02:15 AM

During the height of the cold war, the Soviets did a very very clever thing. They had pro-soviet agents in the west create anti-Soviet/ anti-communism organisations. They advocated against Communism, and the Soviet Empire....they even planned and carried out assassinations on Soviet leaders and agents.

Why would they do this? Because their actions gave them credibility with the ACTUAL anti-soviets, and they were given information that they readily passed on to the Soviets. They also USED their collection of names, and information that they were able to glean from their increased connections to aid Soviet spies, agents and the like.

Why do I mention this here?

Because everytime I read a post that immediately shoots down an idea, that ridicules it, or compares them to "9-11 Truthers", I cant help but reflect on that. If I were in charge of the GOV, I would certainly have teams on sites like this to dispell, ridicule, and 'debunk' anything that I thought shouldnt be talked about.

"Government cities underground"? NO! NONSENSE! Those are not the cities you seek......
"Highways that stretch for miles"? NO! ABSURD. BUNK and HOCUM!

I wonder how many of our friends, contributors, etc....are agents of....someone, something, that doesnt want us to know certain things...

That is my 2 cents for the moment....


#36    Admiral Rhubarb

Admiral Rhubarb

    Often Unsatisfactory

  • Member
  • 23,857 posts
  • Joined:09 May 2005
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Hammerfest

  • Vampires are people too.

Posted 11 October 2013 - 07:18 AM

View PostApollyon734, on 11 October 2013 - 02:15 AM, said:

During the height of the cold war, the Soviets did a very very clever thing. They had pro-soviet agents in the west create anti-Soviet/ anti-communism organisations. They advocated against Communism, and the Soviet Empire....they even planned and carried out assassinations on Soviet leaders and agents.

Why would they do this? Because their actions gave them credibility with the ACTUAL anti-soviets, and they were given information that they readily passed on to the Soviets. They also USED their collection of names, and information that they were able to glean from their increased connections to aid Soviet spies, agents and the like.

Why do I mention this here?

Because everytime I read a post that immediately shoots down an idea, that ridicules it, or compares them to "9-11 Truthers", I cant help but reflect on that. If I were in charge of the GOV, I would certainly have teams on sites like this to dispell, ridicule, and 'debunk' anything that I thought shouldnt be talked about.

"Government cities underground"? NO! NONSENSE! Those are not the cities you seek......
"Highways that stretch for miles"? NO! ABSURD. BUNK and HOCUM!

I wonder how many of our friends, contributors, etc....are agents of....someone, something, that doesnt want us to know certain things...

That is my 2 cents for the moment....
never mind the practicality of it? Why bother constructing subterranean megahighways purely for the use of whoever, the Secret Government, when they could just fly nice and discreetly in business jets or unmarked planes? Underground complexes, of course there are; NORAD at Cheyenne for instance, but the sheer scale of what's proposed here is on a completely different level altogether. People who construct these theories can never seem to resist megalomaniac grandiosity.

Life is a hideous business, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous.

H. P. Lovecraft.


Posted Image


#37    Apollyon734

Apollyon734

    Alien Embryo

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 33 posts
  • Joined:09 Oct 2013
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Hoosier State

  • A man's worth is no greater than his ambitions.
    Marcus Aurelius

Posted 11 October 2013 - 11:29 PM

View PostColonel Rhuairidh, on 11 October 2013 - 07:18 AM, said:

never mind the practicality of it? Why bother constructing subterranean megahighways purely for the use of whoever, the Secret Government, when they could just fly nice and discreetly in business jets or unmarked planes? Underground complexes, of course there are; NORAD at Cheyenne for instance, but the sheer scale of what's proposed here is on a completely different level altogether. People who construct these theories can never seem to resist megalomaniac grandiosity.

Business jets and unmarked planes require fuel...perpetually. They have to land, they have to take off, they have to actually go someplace. Now dont you think that it would be ALOT more costly?

Nevermind the fact that we dont know what they are actually doing in these underground cities. What if they cant be done in 'jets and unmarked planes'?

Also, what if the entire purpose of these 'cities' is to serve as a safeguard? Jets and planes can be shot out of the sky....(I dont want to throw the words 'Alien invasion', but underground cities can survive where planes and jets do not. (And what if they were built during the cold war, and we just found that we had another use for them militarily?

Our defense budget is higher than all other nations COMBINED....dont you think that that kind of dough can pay for whatever scale our gov. wants...no matter the sheerity?


#38    Big Bad Voodoo

Big Bad Voodoo

    High priest of Darwinism

  • Member
  • 9,582 posts
  • Joined:15 Nov 2010
  • Gender:Male

Posted 12 October 2013 - 07:52 PM

View Postshrooma, on 22 July 2013 - 03:01 AM, said:

.
i think you kinda answered your own question there Columbo.....

I guess you are only one to see this.

JFK: "And we are as a people, inherently and historically, opposed to secret societies, to secret oaths, and to secret proceedings.
For we are opposed around the world by a monolithic and ruthless conspiracy..."

#39    Admiral Rhubarb

Admiral Rhubarb

    Often Unsatisfactory

  • Member
  • 23,857 posts
  • Joined:09 May 2005
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Hammerfest

  • Vampires are people too.

Posted 12 October 2013 - 08:06 PM

View PostApollyon734, on 11 October 2013 - 11:29 PM, said:

Business jets and unmarked planes require fuel...perpetually. They have to land, they have to take off, they have to actually go someplace. Now dont you think that it would be ALOT more costly?

Nevermind the fact that we dont know what they are actually doing in these underground cities. What if they cant be done in 'jets and unmarked planes'?

Also, what if the entire purpose of these 'cities' is to serve as a safeguard? Jets and planes can be shot out of the sky....(I dont want to throw the words 'Alien invasion', but underground cities can survive where planes and jets do not. (And what if they were built during the cold war, and we just found that we had another use for them militarily?

Our defense budget is higher than all other nations COMBINED....dont you think that that kind of dough can pay for whatever scale our gov. wants...no matter the sheerity?
That indeed is a fair point, but, like with all these secret things (like Fema Camps) the Government is supposed to be involved in, the scale of it all seems completely improbable; we're talking about underground cities, not just bunkers, and underground highways that go for hundreds of miles. These would need thousands of people to build them, to staff them, to maintain them... Even if the budgets are unlimited, surely manpower isn't? Why has no one (except perhaps Alex Jones) ever heard from anyone who's been involved in any of these enormous projects?

Life is a hideous business, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous.

H. P. Lovecraft.


Posted Image


#40    ReaperS_ParadoX

ReaperS_ParadoX

    “What’s wrong with accepting madness?

  • Member
  • 2,521 posts
  • Joined:29 Jun 2012
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:A really cold region devoid of stars

  • The boundaries which divide Life from Death are at best shadowy and vague. Who shall say where the one ends, and where the other begins?

Posted 12 October 2013 - 08:44 PM

People keep saying that if all this was happening and you had this many people you couldnt keep the secret.  People have been talking about the new world order and the illiumnati they have been talkng about it, but there just considered to be crazy so no one listens

COME WITH ME. OVERWHELMING POWER AND MADNESS AWAIT

THAT IS NOT DEAD WHICH CAN ETERNAL LIE AND WITH STRANGE AEONS EVEN DEATH MAY DIE

#41    Apollyon734

Apollyon734

    Alien Embryo

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 33 posts
  • Joined:09 Oct 2013
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Hoosier State

  • A man's worth is no greater than his ambitions.
    Marcus Aurelius

Posted 13 October 2013 - 07:27 PM

View PostColonel Rhuairidh, on 12 October 2013 - 08:06 PM, said:

That indeed is a fair point, but, like with all these secret things (like Fema Camps) the Government is supposed to be involved in, the scale of it all seems completely improbable; we're talking about underground cities, not just bunkers, and underground highways that go for hundreds of miles. These would need thousands of people to build them, to staff them, to maintain them... Even if the budgets are unlimited, surely manpower isn't? Why has no one (except perhaps Alex Jones) ever heard from anyone who's been involved in any of these enormous projects?

That is the question to be asked.

Personally, I believe there is a chance that these places exist. As to the size, the purpose....that is one for debate. But this isnt the first time I've read of such 'cities', and to tell you the truth, it probably wont be the last.

My real objection in my posts is the off-handedness with which the idea is dismissed. ESPECIALLY when it was so eagerly compared with 9/11 truthers.... *shudders* Thats just cruel.


#42    stereologist

stereologist

    Government Agent

  • Member
  • 3,673 posts
  • Joined:08 Sep 2009
  • Gender:Male

Posted 14 October 2013 - 11:53 AM

This is a really kooky idea that there are underground highways hundreds of miles long. Take the time to think about it.

1. Where is the the removed dirt?
2. Why didn't anyone notice the construction process?
3. Where are the ventilation points so that these truckers don't die of carbon monoxide poisoning?
4. Where are the billions of dollars of machinery used in the construction?
5. Where are the water drains for this tunnel?
6. Did anyone notice this on Google Earth or MS terrain server?
7. Why are they letting regular folks drive trucks on a secret underground highway?
8. Where do they get the power to run these places?

Think and add to this list of reasons why this is a nonsense notion.

Are there underground places? Sure there are and some have been listed here, but cities?


#43    Admiral Rhubarb

Admiral Rhubarb

    Often Unsatisfactory

  • Member
  • 23,857 posts
  • Joined:09 May 2005
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Hammerfest

  • Vampires are people too.

Posted 14 October 2013 - 12:38 PM

View Poststereologist, on 14 October 2013 - 11:53 AM, said:

This is a really kooky idea that there are underground highways hundreds of miles long. Take the time to think about it.

1. Where is the the removed dirt?
2. Why didn't anyone notice the construction process?
3. Where are the ventilation points so that these truckers don't die of carbon monoxide poisoning?
4. Where are the billions of dollars of machinery used in the construction?
5. Where are the water drains for this tunnel?
6. Did anyone notice this on Google Earth or MS terrain server?
7. Why are they letting regular folks drive trucks on a secret underground highway?
8. Where do they get the power to run these places?

Think and add to this list of reasons why this is a nonsense notion.

Are there underground places? Sure there are and some have been listed here, but cities?
i expect they're for the exclusive use of Government maglev hovercars, I expect. Like the Speeder Luke Skywalker used on Tatooine.

Life is a hideous business, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous.

H. P. Lovecraft.


Posted Image


#44    ReaperS_ParadoX

ReaperS_ParadoX

    “What’s wrong with accepting madness?

  • Member
  • 2,521 posts
  • Joined:29 Jun 2012
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:A really cold region devoid of stars

  • The boundaries which divide Life from Death are at best shadowy and vague. Who shall say where the one ends, and where the other begins?

Posted 14 October 2013 - 03:56 PM

View Poststereologist, on 14 October 2013 - 11:53 AM, said:

This is a really kooky idea that there are underground highways hundreds of miles long. Take the time to think about it.

1. Where is the the removed dirt?
2. Why didn't anyone notice the construction process?
3. Where are the ventilation points so that these truckers don't die of carbon monoxide poisoning?
4. Where are the billions of dollars of machinery used in the construction?
5. Where are the water drains for this tunnel?
6. Did anyone notice this on Google Earth or MS terrain server?
7. Why are they letting regular folks drive trucks on a secret underground highway?
8. Where do they get the power to run these places?

Think and add to this list of reasons why this is a nonsense notion.

Are there underground places? Sure there are and some have been listed here, but cities?

There's video evidence of it, and if where talking about the government there's absolutely no reason it' couldn't be accomplished

COME WITH ME. OVERWHELMING POWER AND MADNESS AWAIT

THAT IS NOT DEAD WHICH CAN ETERNAL LIE AND WITH STRANGE AEONS EVEN DEATH MAY DIE

#45    stereologist

stereologist

    Government Agent

  • Member
  • 3,673 posts
  • Joined:08 Sep 2009
  • Gender:Male

Posted 14 October 2013 - 03:59 PM

View PostColonel Rhuairidh, on 14 October 2013 - 12:38 PM, said:

i expect they're for the exclusive use of Government maglev hovercars, I expect. Like the Speeder Luke Skywalker used on Tatooine.

Maybe this imaginary highway connects to Tatooine?

Where is the excavated dirt? Where did the concrete to line the tunnel come from? The amount of concerte required from DC to Maine is likely to be much larger than the volume of Boulder (aka Hoover) dam. How can anyone obtain that much concrete and no one notices?





0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users