Jump to content




Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.


* * * * - 1 votes

The Conjuring


  • Please log in to reply
105 replies to this topic

#46    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

    Sarcastic Muppet..!

  • Member
  • 51,196 posts
  • Joined:01 Nov 2005
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Ireland

  • "I hate pretentious people. I mean, what is the point in applying exorbitantly extensive vocabulary, it is just straightforwardly unnecessary".

Posted 25 July 2013 - 12:10 AM

 Purifier, on 24 July 2013 - 09:52 PM, said:


So my question is, why worry about it? Why cause yourself stress over it? There's no need to worry about other people, until they pose a physical threat to you, always worry about yourself first. You would be a lot happier and less stressed.

I saw nothing in his post that showed signs of any stress... I think you are going a bit over the top  lol

Posted ImageRAW Berris... Dare you enter?

If there's a heaven...I hope to hell I get there !

#47    Purifier

Purifier

    Δ

  • Member
  • 2,216 posts
  • Joined:12 Feb 2010
  • Gender:Male

  • We don't need to conquer the world, we need to conquer our individual selves first. Then the world will be at peace.

Posted 25 July 2013 - 01:49 AM

 Imaginarynumber1, on 24 July 2013 - 11:43 PM, said:

Thanks for the answer, Captain Obvious.

Your welcome! Glad I could help.


 Beckys_Mom, on 25 July 2013 - 12:10 AM, said:

I saw nothing in his post that showed signs of any stress... I think you are going a bit over the top  lol

You know I do that sometimes. I think you're right, BM. ;)

Study the past, if you would divine the future.
- Confucius

#48    and then

and then

    Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

  • Member
  • 14,774 posts
  • Joined:15 Dec 2011
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Land's End

  • Because what came before never seems enough...

Posted 25 July 2013 - 01:53 AM

 Imaginarynumber1, on 24 July 2013 - 03:54 AM, said:

It saddens me that we live in the year 2013 and people still believe that demonic possession is real.
Sorry, man.  I didn't mean to make you sad  :w00t:   Funny thing is, I don't believe in ghosts at all.  Demons, yeah, because they are mentioned in the Bible.  They don't just take a person over though.  They have to be allowed in and making yourself "open" to them is what I try to avoid.  For the record, I never watched the Exorcist either - and for the same reason.  And while you're poo - pooing demonic possession, look around - you're on a site called Unexplained Mysteries!  :tu:

  We've cast the world, we've set the stage,
  for what could be, the darkest age...
“This is like playing poker with a guy who cheated you twice before. You know who does that, a moron.

#49    Imaginarynumber1

Imaginarynumber1

    I am not an irrational number

  • Member
  • 5,567 posts
  • Joined:22 Mar 2010
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Ohio

Posted 25 July 2013 - 01:55 AM

 and then, on 25 July 2013 - 01:53 AM, said:

Sorry, man.  I didn't mean to make you sad  :w00t:   Funny thing is, I don't believe in ghosts at all.  Demons, yeah, because they are mentioned in the Bible.  They don't just take a person over though.  They have to be allowed in and making yourself "open" to them is what I try to avoid.  For the record, I never watched the Exorcist either - and for the same reason.  And while you're poo - pooing demonic possession, look around - you're on a site called Unexplained Mysteries!  :tu:

I think we've talked about your demon beliefs before.

As for being on UM, doesn't mean I have to believe half the moronic things posted on here on a daily basis.

"You do not teach the paths of the forest to an old gorilla."


"It's a little like wrestling a gorilla. You don't quit when you're tired - you quit when the gorilla is tired."


RAPTORS! http://www.unexplain...pic=233151&st=0


#50    Himawari69

Himawari69

    Apparition

  • Member
  • PipPip
  • 304 posts
  • Joined:06 Feb 2013
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Harbor city

  • No matter how hard I grip the crown, in the end,it won't matter, because I will not die a queen

Posted 25 July 2013 - 02:16 AM

I watched it, its pretty good, has good effects as well but im sure the producers exaggerated from the real story to make it a bit more scary


#51    preacherman76

preacherman76

    Seeker

  • Member
  • 11,209 posts
  • Joined:16 Jul 2007
  • Gender:Not Selected
  • Location:Dark side of the Moon

Posted 25 July 2013 - 10:39 AM

 Imaginarynumber1, on 25 July 2013 - 01:55 AM, said:

I think we've talked about your demon beliefs before.

As for being on UM, doesn't mean I have to believe half the moronic things posted on here on a daily basis.

Of course not. But if the idea of others believeing in demonic possession actualy makes you sad, then your probably on the wrong site. Its not like you or me or anyone on here is going to change anyones mind on the subject.

Some things are true, even if you dont believe them.

#52    preacherman76

preacherman76

    Seeker

  • Member
  • 11,209 posts
  • Joined:16 Jul 2007
  • Gender:Not Selected
  • Location:Dark side of the Moon

Posted 25 July 2013 - 11:16 AM

Anyhow I saw the movie last tuesday. I was a little dissapointed cause they advertised that it was the most scary movie ever made. That simply wasnt true. The exorcist was more scary then that. I wonder how much of the movie actualy happened. Im thinking not to much. Did the mother actualy try to kill her daughters once possessed? Was she ever really possessed at all? I might have to add the book to my reading list.

Edited by preacherman76, 25 July 2013 - 11:17 AM.

Some things are true, even if you dont believe them.

#53    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

    Sarcastic Muppet..!

  • Member
  • 51,196 posts
  • Joined:01 Nov 2005
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Ireland

  • "I hate pretentious people. I mean, what is the point in applying exorbitantly extensive vocabulary, it is just straightforwardly unnecessary".

Posted 25 July 2013 - 11:45 AM

 Imaginarynumber1, on 25 July 2013 - 01:55 AM, said:

I think we've talked about your demon beliefs before.

As for being on UM, doesn't mean I have to believe half the moronic things posted on here on a daily basis.

You are not the only one taken back by the idea of people believing in things like demons in this modern day and age..Millions of us feel the same.I am one of them..I have never seen evidence for demons in my life and I doubt I will any time soon... Too weird..BUT imaginary things that are too weird are the money makers in Hollywood, hence movies about possessions are what draws the audience..I love it in the end, but I would make sure my children know that demons do not exist, I allow them to beleive in god without using some scare tactic..

Edited by Beckys_Mom, 25 July 2013 - 11:50 AM.

Posted ImageRAW Berris... Dare you enter?

If there's a heaven...I hope to hell I get there !

#54    preacherman76

preacherman76

    Seeker

  • Member
  • 11,209 posts
  • Joined:16 Jul 2007
  • Gender:Not Selected
  • Location:Dark side of the Moon

Posted 25 July 2013 - 12:05 PM

 Beckys_Mom, on 25 July 2013 - 11:45 AM, said:

You are not the only one taken back by the idea of people believing in things like demons in this modern day and age..Millions of us feel the same.I am one of them..I have never seen evidence for demons in my life and I doubt I will any time soon... Too weird..BUT imaginary things that are too weird are the money makers in Hollywood, hence movies about possessions are what draws the audience..I love it in the end, but I would make sure my children know that demons do not exist, I allow them to beleive in god without using some scare tactic..

I wish I could say the same thing. Unfortunitly I know that they exist.

Some things are true, even if you dont believe them.

#55    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

    Sarcastic Muppet..!

  • Member
  • 51,196 posts
  • Joined:01 Nov 2005
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Ireland

  • "I hate pretentious people. I mean, what is the point in applying exorbitantly extensive vocabulary, it is just straightforwardly unnecessary".

Posted 25 July 2013 - 01:25 PM

 preacherman76, on 25 July 2013 - 12:05 PM, said:

I wish I could say the same thing.   Unfortunitly I know that they exist.

I think I know what the problem is - Maybe they feel my body is already taken over - Occupied by others.. OR I am too darn stubborn to possess lol

Awww I feel discriminated by demons now..I should have a word with satan, well dare he discriminate against people like me.. We already have a god for that  lol :P

Edited by Beckys_Mom, 25 July 2013 - 01:26 PM.

Posted ImageRAW Berris... Dare you enter?

If there's a heaven...I hope to hell I get there !

#56    Myles

Myles

    Alien Abducter

  • Member
  • 4,818 posts
  • Joined:08 Jan 2007
  • Gender:Male

Posted 25 July 2013 - 01:32 PM

I still don't understand how watching a movie makes you more susceptible to demon posession.   Is it the same for reading a book, hearing a story?


#57    Himawari69

Himawari69

    Apparition

  • Member
  • PipPip
  • 304 posts
  • Joined:06 Feb 2013
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Harbor city

  • No matter how hard I grip the crown, in the end,it won't matter, because I will not die a queen

Posted 26 July 2013 - 04:22 AM

 Myles, on 25 July 2013 - 01:32 PM, said:

I still don't understand how watching a movie makes you more susceptible to demon posession.   Is it the same for reading a book, hearing a story?
I have watched the exorcism of Emily rose, haunting in ct, the possession, the last exorcism, and the haunting of molly hartly and have never been possessed. don't worry about people telling you otherwise,  while I do believe in demons I don't think they're going to be out to get you just cos you watched a movie with demons in it


#58    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

    Overlord A. Snuffleupagus

  • Member
  • 8,266 posts
  • Joined:26 Feb 2012
  • Location:Rim of hell

  • ~So what's all this then ?!

Posted 26 July 2013 - 06:59 AM

 preacherman76, on 25 July 2013 - 11:16 AM, said:

Anyhow I saw the movie last tuesday. I was a little dissapointed cause they advertised that it was the most scary movie ever made. That simply wasnt true. The exorcist was more scary then that. I wonder how much of the movie actualy happened. Im thinking not to much. Did the mother actualy try to kill her daughters once possessed? Was she ever really possessed at all? I might have to add the book to my reading list.

I think a lot of it occured ,including the Warrens kid seeing the thing ,but the mother being possessed I had not heard .
I would think if she had actually tried to kill her kids,they would have left the house,no matter what the Warrens told them .
I would .


Miss me?

#59    acidhead

acidhead

    Were Not Your Slaves!

  • Member
  • 10,833 posts
  • Joined:13 Feb 2007
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Victoria, BC CANADA

Posted 26 July 2013 - 07:09 AM

WTF is this movie doing in this section is beyond me.... its a MOVIE ..put it where it belongs.. in the entertainment section!

Edited by acidhead, 26 July 2013 - 07:09 AM.

"there is no wrong or right - just popular opinion"

#60    and then

and then

    Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

  • Member
  • 14,774 posts
  • Joined:15 Dec 2011
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Land's End

  • Because what came before never seems enough...

Posted 26 July 2013 - 03:01 PM

 acidhead, on 26 July 2013 - 07:09 AM, said:

WTF is this movie doing in this section is beyond me.... its a MOVIE ..put it where it belongs.. in the entertainment section!
Yo, man, that vein is sticking out on your forehead again.. :w00t:

  We've cast the world, we've set the stage,
  for what could be, the darkest age...
“This is like playing poker with a guy who cheated you twice before. You know who does that, a moron.




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users