Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

14 year old murdered...

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1    Bavarian Raven

Bavarian Raven

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,643 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 10:29 PM

http://www.huffingto..._n_3483480.html

Earlier this month, the news of al-Qatta's death sparked outrage among many as the Syrian Observatory for Human Rights reported that the teenage boy, who worked as a coffee vendor, was abducted and tortured before being publicly executed for blasphemy after he used the phrase, "Even if Muhammad comes down" in a remark to a customer. According to Al Jazeera, members of the rebel Syrian forces overheard the conversation and likely mistook the commonly used expression for blasphemy.

A 14 year old murdered by the Syrian rebels...the rebels "We" are supporting. These people are sick and vile... I don't know what else to say but that we should not be supporting them - ever.

Edited by Bavarian Raven, 21 July 2013 - 10:31 PM.

#2    GoSC

GoSC

HOSEA 1:10; 2:23

• 2,615 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 10:36 PM

I condemn this extremism. There are so many factions fighting in Syria now.

Hezbollah actively supports Assad and Alawite government.

Al-Qaida actively supports rebels factions that share their extremist views.

"I charge thee in the sight of God, who giveth life to all things, and of Christ Jesus, who before Pontius Pilate witnessed the good confession; that thou keep the commandment, without spot, without reproach, until the appearing of our Lord Jesus Christ: which in its own times he shall show, WHO IS THE BLESSED AND ONLY POTENTE, KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS; who only hath immortality, dwelling in light unapproachable; whom no man hath seen, nor can see: to whom be honor and power eternal. Amen" (I Tim 6:13-16).

#3    Bavarian Raven

Bavarian Raven

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,643 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 10:38 PM

I condemn this extremism. There are so many factions fighting in Syria now.

Hezbollah actively supports Assad and Alawite government.

Al-Qaida actively supports rebels factions that share their extremist views.

So we should keep all sides fighting so peace is never achieved and therefore no threat to "us" can truly arise there. :/

In all seriousness it seems that no matter who wins, "we" loose. :/

#4    GoSC

GoSC

HOSEA 1:10; 2:23

• 2,615 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 10:45 PM

View PostBavarian Raven, on 21 July 2013 - 10:38 PM, said:

So we should keep all sides fighting so peace is never achieved and therefore no threat to "us" can truly arise there. :/

In all seriousness it seems that no matter who wins, "we" loose. :/

I hope the moderate/secular rebel factions ultimately prevail. With them, there might be a chance. Alot of Syrians want the foreigners to stay the hell out of it though.

The violence is even pouring over into Lebanon due to Shi'ite Hizbollah support of the Syrian government with their people being targeted by terrorist acts.

"I charge thee in the sight of God, who giveth life to all things, and of Christ Jesus, who before Pontius Pilate witnessed the good confession; that thou keep the commandment, without spot, without reproach, until the appearing of our Lord Jesus Christ: which in its own times he shall show, WHO IS THE BLESSED AND ONLY POTENTE, KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS; who only hath immortality, dwelling in light unapproachable; whom no man hath seen, nor can see: to whom be honor and power eternal. Amen" (I Tim 6:13-16).

#5    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 14,540 posts

• Because what came before never seems enough...

Posted 21 July 2013 - 11:16 PM

View PostB Jenkins, on 21 July 2013 - 10:45 PM, said:

I hope the moderate/secular rebel factions ultimately prevail. With them, there might be a chance. Alot of Syrians want the foreigners to stay the hell out of it though.

The violence is even pouring over into Lebanon due to Shi'ite Hizbollah support of the Syrian government with their people being targeted by terrorist acts.
I think THAT is the real story of Syria - the Shia/Sunni divide.  It may mean the beginning of a struggle between the two throughout the entire M.E.
Not a good thing for the world.

We've cast the world, we've set the stage,
  for what could be, the darkest age...
“This is like playing poker with a guy who cheated you twice before. You know who does that, a moron.

#6    Kowalski

Kowalski

The Original Penguin Conspiracy Theorist

• 4,102 posts

• It's All Some Kind Of Wacked Out Conspiracy....

Posted 21 July 2013 - 11:24 PM

Very sad story..... :(

And the US needs to stay out of it!

#7    danielost

danielost

Forum Divinity

• 31,308 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 01:49 AM

View PostBavarian Raven, on 21 July 2013 - 10:29 PM, said:

A 14 year old murdered by the Syrian rebels...the rebels "We" are supporting. These people are sick and vile... I don't know what else to say but that we should not be supporting them - ever.

He should have known better than to bad mouth that fake prophet.

I am a Mormon.  If I don't use Mormons believe, those my beliefs only.
I do not go to church haven't for thirty years.
There are other Mormons on this site. So if I have misspoken about the beliefs. I welcome their input.
I am not perfect and never will be. I do strive to be true to myself. I do my best to stay true to the Mormon faith. Thanks for caring and if you don't peace be with you.

#8    danielost

danielost

Forum Divinity

• 31,308 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 01:50 AM

View Postand then, on 21 July 2013 - 11:16 PM, said:

I think THAT is the real story of Syria - the Shia/Sunni divide.  It may mean the beginning of a struggle between the two throughout the entire M.E.
Not a good thing for the world.

It might until they remember they have one enemy in common.

There are other Mormons on this site. So if I have misspoken about the beliefs. I welcome their input.
I am not perfect and never will be. I do strive to be true to myself. I do my best to stay true to the Mormon faith. Thanks for caring and if you don't peace be with you.

#9    Yamato

Yamato

Forum Divinity

• 11,636 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 07:18 AM

View PostBavarian Raven, on 21 July 2013 - 10:29 PM, said:

While we're coloring all the Syrian rebels with one crayon, who should we support in the Middle East?   Groups who don't murder teenagers?   Can we at least start with that?  Or is even that too difficult?

"The power to declare war, including the power of judging the causes of war, is fully and exclusively vested in the Legislature.  The Executive has no right, in any case, to decide the question" ~ James Madison
"Peace cannot be achieved by force, only by understanding."  ~ Albert Einstein
"To deny people their human rights is to challenge their very humanity.   To impose on them a wretched life of hunger and deprivation is to dehumanize them." ~ Nelson Mandela
"I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians.  Your Christians are so unlike your Christ." ~ Mahatma Gandhi

#10    danielost

danielost

Forum Divinity

• 31,308 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 09:23 AM

View PostYamato, on 22 July 2013 - 07:18 AM, said:

While we're coloring all the Syrian rebels with one crayon, who should we support in the Middle East?   Groups who don't murder teenagers?   Can we at least start with that?  Or is even that too difficult?

What about the ones who use teens as a guided missile/bomb.

#11    Yamato

Yamato

Forum Divinity

• 11,636 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 11:35 AM

View Postdanielost, on 22 July 2013 - 09:23 AM, said:

What about the ones who use teens as a guided missile/bomb.
Of course not.   What about jet airliners full of innocent passengers?   But today we find the government supporting groups full of Al Qaeda sympathizers in places like Libya, Afghanistan and Syria if they're not Al Qaeda themselves.  Do you support supporting those groups?

"The power to declare war, including the power of judging the causes of war, is fully and exclusively vested in the Legislature.  The Executive has no right, in any case, to decide the question" ~ James Madison
"Peace cannot be achieved by force, only by understanding."  ~ Albert Einstein
"To deny people their human rights is to challenge their very humanity.   To impose on them a wretched life of hunger and deprivation is to dehumanize them." ~ Nelson Mandela
"I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians.  Your Christians are so unlike your Christ." ~ Mahatma Gandhi

#12    danielost

danielost

Forum Divinity

• 31,308 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 12:56 PM

We can't we're supposed to be at war with al quida.

#13    shrooma

shrooma

. . . . Dazed & Confused . . . .

• 3,873 posts

• Live.
    Sin.
    Die.

Posted 22 July 2013 - 01:29 PM

View PostKowalski, on 21 July 2013 - 11:24 PM, said:

Very sad story..... :(

And the US needs to stay out of it!
so does russia.
and israel.
and religion.

"Get off your knees, the party's over."
-How do you sleep-
The Stone Roses.

#14    danielost

danielost

Forum Divinity

• 31,308 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 01:38 PM

Isreal wants to stay out of it.  But, that is hard to do, with assod treatening to use its chemical wapons against isreal.

#15    Black Red Devil

Black Red Devil

Mean as Hell

• 2,491 posts

• I would if I could
    But I can't, so I won't

Posted 23 July 2013 - 07:12 PM

View Postdanielost, on 22 July 2013 - 01:38 PM, said:

Isreal wants to stay out of it.  But, that is hard to do, with assod treatening to use its chemical wapons against isreal.

Using chemical weapons against Israel is the last thing on Assad's mind.  He's a tad busy with other "loose ends" at the moment.

We are each our own devil, and we make this world our hell

- Oscar Wilde

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users