Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

14 year old murdered...

Bavarian Raven

http://www.huffingto..._n_3483480.html

Earlier this month, the news of al-Qatta's death sparked outrage among many as the Syrian Observatory for Human Rights reported that the teenage boy, who worked as a coffee vendor, was abducted and tortured before being publicly executed for blasphemy after he used the phrase, "Even if Muhammad comes down" in a remark to a customer. According to Al Jazeera, members of the rebel Syrian forces overheard the conversation and likely mistook the commonly used expression for blasphemy.

A 14 year old murdered by the Syrian rebels...the rebels "We" are supporting. These people are sick and vile... I don't know what else to say but that we should not be supporting them - ever.

Edited by Bavarian Raven
  • Like 5

I condemn this extremism. There are so many factions fighting in Syria now.

Hezbollah actively supports Assad and Alawite government.

Al-Qaida actively supports rebels factions that share their extremist views.

• Like 1

I condemn this extremism. There are so many factions fighting in Syria now.

Hezbollah actively supports Assad and Alawite government.

Al-Qaida actively supports rebels factions that share their extremist views.

So we should keep all sides fighting so peace is never achieved and therefore no threat to "us" can truly arise there. :/

In all seriousness it seems that no matter who wins, "we" loose. :/

• Like 1

So we should keep all sides fighting so peace is never achieved and therefore no threat to "us" can truly arise there. :/

In all seriousness it seems that no matter who wins, "we" loose. :/

I hope the moderate/secular rebel factions ultimately prevail. With them, there might be a chance. Alot of Syrians want the foreigners to stay the hell out of it though.

The violence is even pouring over into Lebanon due to Shi'ite Hizbollah support of the Syrian government with their people being targeted by terrorist acts.

• Like 2

I hope the moderate/secular rebel factions ultimately prevail. With them, there might be a chance. Alot of Syrians want the foreigners to stay the hell out of it though.

The violence is even pouring over into Lebanon due to Shi'ite Hizbollah support of the Syrian government with their people being targeted by terrorist acts.

I think THAT is the real story of Syria - the Shia/Sunni divide. It may mean the beginning of a struggle between the two throughout the entire M.E.

Not a good thing for the world.

• Like 2

Very sad story..... :(

And the US needs to stay out of it!

• Like 3

A 14 year old murdered by the Syrian rebels...the rebels "We" are supporting. These people are sick and vile... I don't know what else to say but that we should not be supporting them - ever.

He should have known better than to bad mouth that fake prophet.

I think THAT is the real story of Syria - the Shia/Sunni divide. It may mean the beginning of a struggle between the two throughout the entire M.E.

Not a good thing for the world.

It might until they remember they have one enemy in common.

• Like 1

While we're coloring all the Syrian rebels with one crayon, who should we support in the Middle East? Groups who don't murder teenagers? Can we at least start with that? Or is even that too difficult?

While we're coloring all the Syrian rebels with one crayon, who should we support in the Middle East? Groups who don't murder teenagers? Can we at least start with that? Or is even that too difficult?

What about the ones who use teens as a guided missile/bomb.

What about the ones who use teens as a guided missile/bomb.

Of course not. What about jet airliners full of innocent passengers? But today we find the government supporting groups full of Al Qaeda sympathizers in places like Libya, Afghanistan and Syria if they're not Al Qaeda themselves. Do you support supporting those groups?

We can't we're supposed to be at war with al quida.

Very sad story..... :(

And the US needs to stay out of it!

so does russia.

and israel.

and religion.

Isreal wants to stay out of it. But, that is hard to do, with assod treatening to use its chemical wapons against isreal.

• Like 1

Isreal wants to stay out of it. But, that is hard to do, with assod treatening to use its chemical wapons against isreal.

Using chemical weapons against Israel is the last thing on Assad's mind. He's a tad busy with other "loose ends" at the moment.

Using chemical weapons against Israel is the last thing on Assad's mind. He's a tad busy with other "loose ends" at the moment.

Well Saddam did..but there wer only scuds, no chemicals though