Jump to content




Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.


* * * - - 6 votes

Citizen of Israel vs Nazi Checkpoint


  • Please log in to reply
598 replies to this topic

#16    shrooma

shrooma

    doesn't have one screw fully tightened.....

  • Member
  • 3,516 posts
  • Joined:14 Feb 2013
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:leeds, UK.

  • Live.
    Sin.
    Die.

Posted 22 July 2013 - 07:43 PM

View PostYamato, on 22 July 2013 - 07:23 PM, said:


It's so much better than when a POS government won't let you, that's what you should be glad about.  

Rights don't assert themselves shrooma.  You need to realize the importance of standing up for them.  This is one of the most important videos posted on this forum all year, and you're drawing conclusions about something you haven't even seen yet.
.
guess i'll have to wait 'til it comes out on DVD Yam!
.
oh....
:-)

- - - - -disclaimer- - - - -    
all posts- without exception- are humourous.
if you fail to grasp the sublety, then don't whine on like a mardy-arsed
bĦt˘h due to your lack of understanding.

#17    supervike

supervike

    Alien Abducter

  • Member
  • 5,491 posts
  • Joined:16 May 2007
  • Gender:Male

Posted 22 July 2013 - 07:54 PM

I really do understand the overall point that the Pastor is trying to make, but I just think being a 'road troll' is not the correct way to combat this.

Just my opinion, of course, as the power of these videos have at least given the guy a pulpit to stand on.


#18    Yamato

Yamato

    Forum Divinity

  • Member
  • 10,480 posts
  • Joined:08 Aug 2011
  • Gender:Not Selected

Posted 22 July 2013 - 08:13 PM

View PostStellar, on 22 July 2013 - 01:00 PM, said:

what is the point of this video? 2 and a half minutes in and he seems to think that because he's a "citizen of Israel", laws don't apply to him. Is there any more to the video? If not, I'm not going to waste another 10 minutes listening to this.
What laws?

"To deny people their human rights is to challenge their very humanity.   To impose on them a wretched life of hunger and deprivation is to dehumanize them." ~ Nelson Mandela

#19    Yamato

Yamato

    Forum Divinity

  • Member
  • 10,480 posts
  • Joined:08 Aug 2011
  • Gender:Not Selected

Posted 22 July 2013 - 08:20 PM

View Postshrooma, on 22 July 2013 - 07:43 PM, said:

.
guess i'll have to wait 'til it comes out on DVD Yam!
.
oh....
:-)
Just buy a good phone and watch it for free on Youtube.   That's not the point.   People just fed you reasons not to care, spaced out on the good reasons to care.   Do you care about your rights?   What are your rights?  Does government give you your rights?   Where do you think rights come from?   Let's have a real discussion here instead of flippantly agreeing with people who can't find the value in their rights, much less the source for them.   This is the kind of discussion where we find out what people really think.

"To deny people their human rights is to challenge their very humanity.   To impose on them a wretched life of hunger and deprivation is to dehumanize them." ~ Nelson Mandela

#20    some new guy

some new guy

    Ectoplasmic Residue

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 155 posts
  • Joined:08 Jun 2013

Posted 22 July 2013 - 08:22 PM

I'm curious, where was the checkpoint and why was it there? - were they looking for an escaped convict or drunk drivers? - what make this illegal? - I've been stopped at checkpoints, I say yes sir or no sir and then I'm on my way - a couple of honest answers and he would have been on his way - nothing says honesty like telling a policeman you are a citizen of a different country and not answering a simple question like "Is this your car?"

BEST - Ron


#21    supervike

supervike

    Alien Abducter

  • Member
  • 5,491 posts
  • Joined:16 May 2007
  • Gender:Male

Posted 22 July 2013 - 08:38 PM

View Postsome new guy, on 22 July 2013 - 08:22 PM, said:

I'm curious, where was the checkpoint and why was it there? - were they looking for an escaped convict or drunk drivers? - what make this illegal? - I've been stopped at checkpoints, I say yes sir or no sir and then I'm on my way - a couple of honest answers and he would have been on his way - nothing says honesty like telling a policeman you are a citizen of a different country and not answering a simple question like "Is this your car?"

BEST - Ron

The checkpoint is riding a paper thin line of being an unreasonable search and siezure.  If the police have a reason to detain you, it should be clear.  Not some random checkpoint where they feel safety is a concern.


I think this is one of those slippery slope arguments where if we allow this sort of thing, maybe the next step is them coming into your house, just to check for smoke detectors.


#22    some new guy

some new guy

    Ectoplasmic Residue

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 155 posts
  • Joined:08 Jun 2013

Posted 22 July 2013 - 08:45 PM

of course, but that doesnt answer the questions, where was it and why was it there? - I never see the police setting up roadblocks or checkpoints unless they have a valid reason - it would be nice to know that reason before assuming they are acting like Nazis and stepping all over my rights as a citizen - I didnt watch the video in its entirety but did the driver ever ask why the checkpoint was there?

as a citizen, I'd rather help the police do their job than hinder it

BEST - Ron


#23    supervike

supervike

    Alien Abducter

  • Member
  • 5,491 posts
  • Joined:16 May 2007
  • Gender:Male

Posted 22 July 2013 - 08:52 PM

View Postsome new guy, on 22 July 2013 - 08:45 PM, said:

of course, but that doesnt answer the questions, where was it and why was it there? - I never see the police setting up roadblocks or checkpoints unless they have a valid reason - it would be nice to know that reason before assuming they are acting like Nazis and stepping all over my rights as a citizen - I didnt watch the video in its entirety but did the driver ever ask why the checkpoint was there?

as a citizen, I'd rather help the police do their job than hinder it

BEST - Ron

Oh, I see your point.

The video makes mention that it is an immigration checkpoint put on by the border patrol.

I'm was just mentioning checkpoints as a whole. For a while, they were using these checkpoints in my area for no reason whatsoever.  For instance, in a residential area at 8 in the morning on a Saturday.

I haven't seen those types for a while, but I do know they will set them up on the main drags on Saturday nights, to catch drunks.  I still feel that is wrong.  They've no right to detain me, if they don't have a probable cause.  I've been stopped on those before too, coming home from work.

I'm pro-Police as well, and have always been friendly and cooperative with them.  But, when you are being detained, what other choice do you really have?

Edited by supervike, 22 July 2013 - 08:53 PM.


#24    Yamato

Yamato

    Forum Divinity

  • Member
  • 10,480 posts
  • Joined:08 Aug 2011
  • Gender:Not Selected

Posted 22 July 2013 - 08:52 PM

View Postsome new guy, on 22 July 2013 - 08:22 PM, said:

I'm curious, where was the checkpoint and why was it there? - were they looking for an escaped convict or drunk drivers? - what make this illegal? - I've been stopped at checkpoints, I say yes sir or no sir and then I'm on my way - a couple of honest answers and he would have been on his way - nothing says honesty like telling a policeman you are a citizen of a different country and not answering a simple question like "Is this your car?"

BEST - Ron
I've seen enough of his refusals to answer your question.  It's usually about 50 miles north of the Mexico border.    The agents said why it was there, to check citizenship papers.   On one hand they're pulling everyone over, on the other hand, they justified pulling Anderson over on "suspicion".  And then they couldn't answer the question why they were suspicious.  Because he was driving down the road?   It's total nonsense.   You don't ask the questions Anderson does to determine that what you're going through is nonsense, and through your cooperation with it, you would keep checkpoints like that one up and running.  If everyone did what Anderson did, the checkpoints would disappear.   The people who shrug it off and talk about how much of a waste of time watching this video is, they're who to blame for the infringement of our rights we have to put up with.  

What makes it illegal?  Do you think that peoples persons and property should be destroyed, seized, detained, or arrested for exercising their Fourth Amendment rights?

Do you want police setting up roadblocks on streets across America and checking for drunk drivers, open containers, seat belts, suspended licenses, no insurance, expired tags, marijuana, etc?

"To deny people their human rights is to challenge their very humanity.   To impose on them a wretched life of hunger and deprivation is to dehumanize them." ~ Nelson Mandela

#25    Yes_Man

Yes_Man

    hi

  • Member
  • 8,191 posts
  • Joined:22 Apr 2006
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Portsmouth

Posted 22 July 2013 - 08:53 PM

Pointless video ever? Maybe, hes trying to promote himself.
this should been posted in the off topic section


#26    Yes_Man

Yes_Man

    hi

  • Member
  • 8,191 posts
  • Joined:22 Apr 2006
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Portsmouth

Posted 22 July 2013 - 08:54 PM

View PostYamato, on 22 July 2013 - 08:52 PM, said:

I've seen enough of his refusals to answer your question.  It's usually about 50 miles north of the Mexico border. The agents said why it was there, to check citizenship papers.   On one hand they're pulling everyone over, on the other hand, they justified pulling Anderson over on "suspicion".  And then they couldn't answer the question why they were suspicious.  Because he was driving down the road?   It's total nonsense.   You don't ask the questions Anderson does to determine that what you're going through is nonsense, and through your cooperation with it, you would keep checkpoints like that one up and running.  If everyone did what Anderson did, the checkpoints would disappear.   The people who shrug it off and talk about how much of a waste of time watching this video is, they're who to blame for the infringement of our rights we have to put up with.  

What makes it illegal?  Do you think that peoples persons and property should be destroyed, seized, detained, or arrested for exercising their Fourth Amendment rights?

Do you want police setting up roadblocks on streets across America and checking for drunk drivers, open containers, seat belts, suspended licenses, no insurance, expired tags, marijuana, etc?
it also happens in the Middle East


#27    Yamato

Yamato

    Forum Divinity

  • Member
  • 10,480 posts
  • Joined:08 Aug 2011
  • Gender:Not Selected

Posted 22 July 2013 - 08:58 PM

View PostThe New Richard Nixon, on 22 July 2013 - 08:53 PM, said:

Pointless video ever? Maybe, hes trying to promote himself.
this should been posted in the off topic section
Maybe the posters who frequent that board have a clue about their rights.  Granted, every one of you so far who has this apathy for exercising one's rights is a foreigner.

"To deny people their human rights is to challenge their very humanity.   To impose on them a wretched life of hunger and deprivation is to dehumanize them." ~ Nelson Mandela

#28    FLOMBIE

FLOMBIE

    sapere aude

  • Member
  • 2,654 posts
  • Joined:22 Jun 2009
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Seoul/Berlin

Posted 22 July 2013 - 08:59 PM

View PostYamato, on 22 July 2013 - 07:18 PM, said:

Nonsense.  There are videos galore of him asserting his rights at checkpoints and this one was the only one I found where he's mentioned his DVD.   Notice how long it takes for him to reach for it after the Nazi checkpoint began.   How about assisting me in finding one of those many other examples and posting them here?   No, you're not interested in all that.   You're in Berlin, so what do you care about the Bill of Rights? Promote "showing your papers" on the Europe board.
I don't have to show my papers. That's a US thing, apparently.

What is the border patrol trying to do? I believe it's catching illegal immigrants. Which is what a lot of US Americans want, but if they try, it's wrong as well. They randomly stop cars, and seem to approach the drivers in a respectful manner. I see nothing illegal here (I did not watch the full video, I give you that), no search, no dentention, only a question about his citizenship. And he goes on to recite the bible, blaring something about being a citizen of Israel. Seriously? If I'd be one of the border patrol officers, I'd think this guy is either nuts, or one of the biggest douchebags around who is just trying to massively troll them.

And he is doing this to generate youtube views and thus promote his DVD. That is why there is a link to the DVD directly under the video.


#29    some new guy

some new guy

    Ectoplasmic Residue

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 155 posts
  • Joined:08 Jun 2013

Posted 22 July 2013 - 09:00 PM

well, its obvious to me why they were suspicious - when the 1st officer asked him if it was his car he said something like "I'd rather not answer" - geez, talk about setting yourself up for more questioning

BEST - Ron


#30    Yes_Man

Yes_Man

    hi

  • Member
  • 8,191 posts
  • Joined:22 Apr 2006
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Portsmouth

Posted 22 July 2013 - 09:06 PM

View PostYamato, on 22 July 2013 - 08:58 PM, said:

Maybe the posters who frequent that board have a clue about their rights.  Granted, every one of you so far who has this apathy for exercising one's rights is a foreigner.
well its not the greatest post this year is it? I know whats happening here, in effect I think you are helping him





0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users