Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * - - 6 votes

Citizen of Israel vs Nazi Checkpoint

• Please log in to reply
598 replies to this topic

#31    Yamato

Yamato

Forum Divinity

• 15,248 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 09:09 PM

View PostFLOMBIE, on 22 July 2013 - 08:59 PM, said:

I don't have to show my papers. That's a US thing, apparently.

What is the border patrol trying to do? I believe it's catching illegal immigrants. Which is what a lot of US Americans want, but if they try, it's wrong as well. They randomly stop cars, and seem to approach the drivers in a respectful manner. I see nothing illegal here (I did not watch the full video, I give you that), no search, no dentention, only a question about his citizenship. And he goes on to recite the bible, blaring something about being a citizen of Israel. Seriously? If I'd be one of the border patrol officers, I'd think this guy is either nuts, or one of the biggest douchebags around who is just trying to massively troll them.

Do it at the border.  To people driving across it.   The Nazis at their checkpoint aren't the trolls, someone exercising his rights is.  Okay got it, Klink.

View Postsome new guy, on 22 July 2013 - 09:00 PM, said:

well, its obvious to me why they were suspicious - when the 1st officer asked him if it was his car he said something like "I'd rather not answer" - geez, talk about setting yourself up for more questioning

BEST - Ron
Oh so if you just surrender your rights and submit to the search, there's nothing to be suspicious of.   Good thinking, Ron.  Who needs the Constitution when you have Checkpoints to protect you.

"The power to declare war, including the power of judging the causes of war, is fully and exclusively vested in the Legislature.  The Executive has no right, in any case, to decide the question" ~ James Madison
"Peace cannot be achieved by force, only by understanding."  ~ Albert Einstein
"To deny people their human rights is to challenge their very humanity.   To impose on them a wretched life of hunger and deprivation is to dehumanize them." ~ Nelson Mandela
"I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians.  Your Christians are so unlike your Christ." ~ Mahatma Gandhi

#32    Yamato

Yamato

Forum Divinity

• 15,248 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 09:11 PM

View PostThe New Richard Nixon, on 22 July 2013 - 09:06 PM, said:

well its not the greatest post this year is it? I know whats happening here, in effect I think you are helping him
In effect I hope I'm helping everyone who refuses to give up their rights at a checkpoint or roadblock in this country by reminding them that rights don't exercise themselves.

"The power to declare war, including the power of judging the causes of war, is fully and exclusively vested in the Legislature.  The Executive has no right, in any case, to decide the question" ~ James Madison
"To deny people their human rights is to challenge their very humanity.   To impose on them a wretched life of hunger and deprivation is to dehumanize them." ~ Nelson Mandela
"I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians.  Your Christians are so unlike your Christ." ~ Mahatma Gandhi

#33    FLOMBIE

FLOMBIE

sapere aude

• 3,524 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 09:20 PM

View PostYamato, on 22 July 2013 - 09:09 PM, said:

Do it at the border.  To people driving across it.   The Nazis at their checkpoint aren't the trolls, someone exercising his rights is.  Okay got it, Klink.
Saying that you are a citizen of Israel is not excercising your rights. He is not a citizen of Israel. Which rights are they infringing? Name them, please.

Oh so if you just surrender your rights and submit to the search, there's nothing to be suspicious of.   Good thinking, Ron.  Who needs the Constitution when you have Checkpoints to protect you.
Every car is suspicious. What do you think people guilty of human trafficking look like? You want every car searched at the border? OK, if you prefer that. I wouldn't.
A lot slip through the border of California. It's only sensible to have further checks deeper in the country. If I'd see them being disrespectful, or if they would try to infringe his rights, I'd be the first to point it outm, believe me that. I love the rights I am having over here just as much as you love yours. And they are not that different, after all.

Edit: Is it a full blown search? Always?

Edited by FLOMBIE, 22 July 2013 - 09:22 PM.

#34    some new guy

some new guy

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 340 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 09:20 PM

oh be serious, a little co-operation goes a long way - for all that policeman knew, he didnt want to answer the question because the car was stolen

I dont see this as a Constitutional issue at all - its just some guy acting like a jerk instead of using common sense

BEST - Ron

#35    FLOMBIE

FLOMBIE

sapere aude

• 3,524 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 09:26 PM

Seriously? He is even promoting the DVD right in the video.

#36    Yamato

Yamato

Forum Divinity

• 15,248 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 09:26 PM

View PostFLOMBIE, on 22 July 2013 - 09:20 PM, said:

Saying that you are a citizen of Israel is not excercising your rights. He is not a citizen of Israel. Which rights are they infringing? Name them, please.

Every car is suspicious. What do you think people guilty of human trafficking look like? You want every car searched at the border? OK, if you prefer that. I wouldn't.
A lot slip through the border of California. It's only sensible to have further checks deeper in the country. If I'd see them being disrespectful, or if they would try to infringe his rights, I'd be the first to point it outm, believe me that. I love the rights I am having over here just as much as you love yours. And they are not that different, after all.

Edit: Is it a full blown search? Always?
Read the Bill of Rights so you know what rights Americans have guaranteed by law.   The right to remain silent, for starters.  People shouldn't be forced to surrender their rights because border patrol agents can't do their jobs on the border.   Smashing his car up, smashing his head onto the top of the door, tazing him four times for 20 seconds, smashing his head into the ground and into broken glass for not surrendering his rights isn't disrespectful?    Well Sieg Hiel, brotha.

#37    Yamato

Yamato

Forum Divinity

• 15,248 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 09:28 PM

View Postsome new guy, on 22 July 2013 - 09:20 PM, said:

oh be serious, a little co-operation goes a long way - for all that policeman knew, he didnt want to answer the question because the car was stolen

I dont see this as a Constitutional issue at all - its just some guy acting like a jerk instead of using common sense

BEST - Ron
Yeah well everyone should be suspicious of you for whatever, because for all anyone knows, you could have done whatever.  

The First and Fourth and Fifth Amendments aren't a Constitutional issue?   Just wow brotha.

#38    FLOMBIE

FLOMBIE

sapere aude

• 3,524 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 09:31 PM

View PostYamato, on 22 July 2013 - 09:26 PM, said:

Read the Bill of Rights so you know what rights Americans have guaranteed by law.   The right to remain silent, for starters.  People shouldn't be forced to surrender their rights because border patrol agents can't do their jobs on the border.   Smashing his car up, smashing his head onto the top of the door, tazing him four times for 20 seconds, smashing his head into the ground and into broken glass for not surrendering his rights isn't disrespectful? Well Sieg Hiel, brotha.
Well, I believe those officers infringed his rights and were pleaded guilty for that. He had his rights after they unlawfully broke them. However I don't see this being the case in this very video. They were very respectful.

No, I do not want to read it again. You know about it. Please name them, one by one. That makes it so much easier. Give me something.

Edit: And please tell me exactly how they infringe them; by what actions. If you'd really want to make this an issue, you've got to have something.

Edited by FLOMBIE, 22 July 2013 - 09:34 PM.

#39    Mr.United_Nations

Mr.United_Nations

hi

• 9,304 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 09:34 PM

Using religion has a defense is sad

#40    FLOMBIE

FLOMBIE

sapere aude

• 3,524 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 09:35 PM

View PostThe New Richard Nixon, on 22 July 2013 - 09:34 PM, said:

Using religion has a defense is sad
He is not even using religion as a defense, it's merely a tool to troll them, and make them step out of character.

#41    some new guy

some new guy

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 340 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 09:39 PM

haha, well that true - everyone is entitled to act like a jerk under the Constitution

BEST - Ron

#42    Yamato

Yamato

Forum Divinity

• 15,248 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 09:43 PM

View PostFLOMBIE, on 22 July 2013 - 09:35 PM, said:

He is not even using religion as a defense, it's merely a tool to troll them, and make them step out of character.
Right, as if, why should someone exercise their First Amendment rights and play the players at the same time?   Tragic!

View PostFLOMBIE, on 22 July 2013 - 09:31 PM, said:

Well, I believe those officers infringed his rights and were pleaded guilty for that. He had his rights after they unlawfully broke them. However I don't see this being the case in this very video. They were very respectful.

No, I do not want to read it again. You know about it. Please name them, one by one. That makes it so much easier. Give me something.

Edit: And please tell me exactly how they infringe them; by what actions. If you'd really want to make this an issue, you've got to have something.
If you do believe that the officers infringed his rights and you still have as much problem with this as you've already shown you have, then that's the real measure of how much you think of rights.   No, you don't have your rights after someone breaks them.  You have them always, perpetually, incessantly, without end.   If they were respectful in one video, and not in the other, then what does that matter?   That we should surrender our rights when someone forces us to respectfully?   Attitudes like yours are a shill of the establishment.   They love people like you.   Obedient workers.   The fact of the matter is, we'll never change anything in society by bending over to force control like you keep enthusiastically suggesting.

#43    FLOMBIE

FLOMBIE

sapere aude

• 3,524 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 09:50 PM

View PostYamato, on 22 July 2013 - 09:43 PM, said:

Right, as if, why should someone exercise their First Amendment rights and play the players at the same time?   Tragic!

If you do believe that the officers infringed his rights and you still have as much problem with this as you've already shown you have, then that's the real measure of how much you think of rights.   No, you don't have your rights after someone breaks them.  You have them always, perpetually, incessantly, without end.   If they were respectful in one video, and not in the other, then what does that matter?   That we should surrender our rights when someone forces us to respectfully?   Attitudes like yours are a shill of the establishment.   They love people like you.   Obedient workers.   The fact of the matter is, we'll never change anything in society by bending over to force control like you keep enthusiastically suggesting.
Since you are only evading my questions again and again, I try a different approach.

I claim that he is infringing the 1. Amendment by claiming his citizenship of Israel on the bible, and the 1. Amendment is defining the US as a secular country, and thus he has no legal principle to do so.

Edited by FLOMBIE, 22 July 2013 - 09:55 PM.

#44    Yamato

Yamato

Forum Divinity

• 15,248 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 10:03 PM

View PostFLOMBIE, on 22 July 2013 - 09:50 PM, said:

Since you are only evading my questions again and again, I try a different approach.

I claim that he is infringing the 1. Amendment by claiming his citizenship of Israel on the bible, and the 1. Amendment is defining the US as a secular country, and thus he has no legal principle to do so.
I haven't evaded your questions, I've answered them.    What is the "1. Amendment"?    He's exercising his right to express himself.   Your opinion not liking how he does it doesn't get his rights taken away.

#45    Sir Wearer of Hats

Sir Wearer of Hats

SCIENCE!

• 15,210 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 10:04 PM

So this bloke is pulled over by immigration police, asked if he's an American citizen and mouths off at the police and wonders why he's given a once over?
Maybe the checkpoint was less then legal, maybe he did have the right to remain silent - he didn't use that one - maybe he has a right to free speech - certainly used that one - but all he did was use that right to intentionally lie to the police in order to get a negative reaction from them.
What a glorious defence of the Bill of Rights there!

"Are you an American citizen?"
"No"
"Papers please"
To the police, right now he looks like someone who's lied to get across the border. Well stone me, what a fascist state it is to treat illegal immigrants like criminals.

I must not fear. Fear is the Mind-Killer. It is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and to move through me. And when it is gone I will turn the inner eye to see it's path.
When the fear is gone, there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

You may think you're cool, but you'll never be as cool as Peter Capaldi with an electric guitar, on a tank, playing the Doctor Who theme.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users