Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * - - 6 votes

Citizen of Israel vs Nazi Checkpoint

• Please log in to reply
598 replies to this topic

#556    Yamato

Yamato

Forum Divinity

• 10,638 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 07:14 PM

View Postand then, on 19 October 2013 - 07:11 PM, said:

http://law.justia.co...14/15-5-30.html
No arrest must be made to validate the requirement so "reasonable suspicion" is pretty much whatever they say it is.
whom he reasonably suspects is committing, has committed or is about to commit a felony or other public offense

What the bloody hell kind of felony or public offense is driving your car down the road?

"Peace cannot be achieved by force, only by understanding."  ~ Albert Einstein

"To deny people their human rights is to challenge their very humanity.   To impose on them a wretched life of hunger and deprivation is to dehumanize them." ~ Nelson Mandela

#557    Yamato

Yamato

Forum Divinity

• 10,638 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 07:13 PM

The crickets are deafening.

And that's because simply "being" in time and space is not a legitimate reason for suspicion of being a criminal.   As if this even needs to be said.  

And yet, it does, here on this forum at least.   Just looking at the ratings for the videos presented here for discussion and reading the comments underneath, Youtube subscribers are far more cognizant of their rights and the rule of law than the mindless victims on this site all ready to bend over in front of the Man for whatever the stupid reason or no reason at all.   All the partisan chatter on this board is proof enough of that.  People who know their rights and actually defend them aren't the ones to care about the power of one party or the other; they're more evolved than that.   They're smarter than that.   I didn't expect foreigners to know US law half as well as I did, and I wasn't surprised, but the behavior on display here until the discussion evolved enough for the facts to get out was regrettable.

"To deny people their human rights is to challenge their very humanity.   To impose on them a wretched life of hunger and deprivation is to dehumanize them." ~ Nelson Mandela

#558    ZOD

ZOD

Intern of the Illuminatti

• 5,120 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 07:32 PM

Youtube commentors, the bastions of cognizant thought

I've seen **** that'll turn you WHITE!

#559    Valdemar the Great

Valdemar the Great

Unsuitable for large vehicles

• 24,845 posts

• Vampires are people too.

Posted 20 October 2013 - 07:35 PM

View PostYamato, on 20 October 2013 - 07:13 PM, said:

And that's because simply "being" in time and space is not a legitimate reason for suspicion of being a criminal.   As if this even needs to be said.  

And yet, it does, here on this forum at least.   Just looking at the ratings for the videos presented here for discussion and reading the comments underneath, Youtube subscribers are far more cognizant of their rights and the rule of law than the mindless victims on this site all ready to bend over in front of the Man for whatever the stupid reason or no reason at all.   All the partisan chatter on this board is proof enough of that.  People who know their rights and actually defend them aren't the ones to care about the power of one party or the other; they're more evolved than that.   They're smarter than that.   I didn't expect foreigners to know US law half as well as I did, and I wasn't surprised, but the behavior on display here until the discussion evolved enough for the facts to get out was regrettable.
Holy cow, Youtube comments as a measure of democracy? Please, the totalitarian One World Government can't come quickly enough if that's the case.

Life is a hideous business, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous.

H. P. Lovecraft.

Posted Image

#560    Valdemar the Great

Valdemar the Great

• 24,845 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 07:36 PM

I didn't expect foreigners to know US law half as well as I did, and I wasn't surprised, but the behavior on display here until the discussion evolved enough for the facts to get out was regrettable.
You mean people not agreeing with you?

Life is a hideous business, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous.

H. P. Lovecraft.

Posted Image

#561    Kowalski

Kowalski

The Original Penguin Conspiracy Theorist

• 4,102 posts

• It's All Some Kind Of Wacked Out Conspiracy....

Posted 20 October 2013 - 07:40 PM

That's because most people don't care about their rights until their taken away....Then it's too late....

Not to get off topic but....
Speaking of rights, yesterday there as a huge Open Carry Rally at the Alamo. I watched it live on ustream, and there were a lot of people there...Really awesome....

Link: http://news.yahoo.co...tml?.tsrc=attmp

Link: http://www.texastrib...un-restriction/

How cool is that?  :)

#562    ZOD

ZOD

• 5,120 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 07:42 PM

Is it legal to carry on government owned property like the Alamo in Texas or is it privately owned and I'm just off?

#563    Kowalski

Kowalski

• 4,102 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 07:48 PM

View PostSkepticalB, on 20 October 2013 - 07:42 PM, said:

Is it legal to carry on government owned property like the Alamo in Texas or is it privately owned and I'm just off?

The Alamo is owned by the state and operated by the Daughters of the Republic of Texas. You can't carry a concealed handgun unless you have a permit, if it's a black powder pistol that's a different story.... but you can openly carry a long rifle if it's not loaded. So what these people did was perfectly legal.

#564    ZOD

ZOD

• 5,120 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 07:51 PM

Ah, well, that's groovy, what were they hoping to achieve with the rally?

Or was it more of just a meet-up type thing

#565    Kowalski

Kowalski

• 4,102 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 01:13 AM

View PostSkepticalB, on 20 October 2013 - 07:51 PM, said:

Ah, well, that's groovy, what were they hoping to achieve with the rally?

Or was it more of just a meet-up type thing

For people to be able to carry their handguns, as long as they are holstered, like they can their long guns.

#566    Yamato

Yamato

Forum Divinity

• 10,638 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 04:03 AM

View PostKowalski, on 20 October 2013 - 07:40 PM, said:

That's because most people don't care about their rights until their taken away....Then it's too late....

Not to get off topic but....
Speaking of rights, yesterday there as a huge Open Carry Rally at the Alamo. I watched it live on ustream, and there were a lot of people there...Really awesome....

Link: http://news.yahoo.co...tml?.tsrc=attmp

Link: http://www.texastrib...un-restriction/

How cool is that?  :)
That is just gorgeous.  I am so proud of those people.

The armed march on DC planned for July 4 made a little bit of sense to me after I realized there were other armed marches planned just like it that actually happened on July 4th, and here's the kicker, nobody was killed!   And now, like the stand made at the Alamo.   These aren't the guns they're looking for, are they?   ;)  

Kudos to the Texas General Land Office for approving it also.   The difference between this, and an armed march down Pennsylvania Ave and up past Freedom Plaza is that Texas respects our rights and provided an outlet through which it can prove it.

#567    Yamato

Yamato

Forum Divinity

• 10,638 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 04:08 AM

View PostColonel Rhuairidh, on 20 October 2013 - 07:35 PM, said:

Holy cow, Youtube comments as a measure of democracy? Please, the totalitarian One World Government can't come quickly enough if that's the case.
Youtube ratings as a measure of popularity.   Defending our rights is popular.   Sorry?

#568    Yamato

Yamato

Forum Divinity

• 10,638 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 04:09 AM

View PostColonel Rhuairidh, on 20 October 2013 - 07:36 PM, said:

You mean people not agreeing with you?
Not agreeing with me about what my rights are was a consequence of they're/your not knowing, yes.

#569    Valdemar the Great

Valdemar the Great

• 24,845 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 07:00 AM

View PostYamato, on 21 October 2013 - 04:08 AM, said:

Youtube ratings as a measure of popularity.   Defending our rights is popular.   Sorry?
They're rarely a measure of the level of knowledge of the people making them, though, in fact usually, the relationship is directly inverse; the more vocal a poster on YoyTube is, the less they usually tend to know about it. Are a good proportion of the comments still talking about Satanic plots to take over the world?

H. P. Lovecraft.

Posted Image

#570    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 14,277 posts

• fmerton.blogspot.com

Posted 21 October 2013 - 07:49 AM

Some sort of filter is needed when using the internet.  I think it is the same sort of filter needed when reading the tabloid press.  Skeptical intelligence is widely and obviously lacking in most people, which is I guess why they end up in all sorts of movements and religions and whatnots.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users