Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* - - - - 1 votes

Buddhist Monk Dies For 3 Days: Comes Back To

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#16    Imaginarynumber1

Imaginarynumber1

I am not an irrational number

• 7,762 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 03:59 AM

View PostXnibiru, on 22 July 2013 - 04:51 PM, said:

Up to now, the so-called "Near Death Experience" still reamains an enigma to the modern science.

Ummm... not really.

http://www.livescien...-explained.html

"You do not teach the paths of the forest to an old gorilla."

"It's a little like wrestling a gorilla. You don't quit when you're tired - you quit when the gorilla is tired."

RAPTORS! http://www.unexplain...pic=233151&st=0

#17    White Crane Feather

White Crane Feather

Seeker79

• 12,999 posts

• Potter: " is this real or is this in my mind?"

Dumbledore: " Of course it's in your mind....., but that dosn't mean it's not real."

Posted 24 July 2013 - 05:22 AM

Silly Christian rhetoric.

"I wish neither to possess, Nor to be possessed. I no longer covet paradise, more important, I no longer fear hell. The medicine for my suffering I had within me from the very beginning, but I did not take it. My ailment came from within myself, But I did not observe it until this moment. Now I see that I will never find the light.  Unless, like the candle, I am my own fuel, Consuming myself. "
Bruce Lee-

#18    White Crane Feather

White Crane Feather

Seeker79

• 12,999 posts

• Potter: " is this real or is this in my mind?"

Dumbledore: " Of course it's in your mind....., but that dosn't mean it's not real."

Posted 24 July 2013 - 05:29 AM

View PostImaginarynumber1, on 24 July 2013 - 03:59 AM, said:

Ummm not even close. I can explain the 'biological explanation' of why the sun shines but that doesn't mean that biology has anything to do with it. Every one of these  'explanations' violate fundamental tenants of logic, common sense, and amount to nothing more than bias speculation.

"I wish neither to possess, Nor to be possessed. I no longer covet paradise, more important, I no longer fear hell. The medicine for my suffering I had within me from the very beginning, but I did not take it. My ailment came from within myself, But I did not observe it until this moment. Now I see that I will never find the light.  Unless, like the candle, I am my own fuel, Consuming myself. "
Bruce Lee-

#19    Rlyeh

Rlyeh

Forum Divinity

• 10,577 posts

• Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Posted 24 July 2013 - 07:57 AM

View PostEver After, on 23 July 2013 - 06:29 PM, said:

I read this one years back. And yes, he did believe in all that before, but what he saw contradicted everything he was taught according to his experience. He says he saw Buddah himself in hell. His story is remarkable. I don't know that it's real, but it is very interesting indeed.

#20    Xnibiru

Xnibiru

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 46 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 11:35 AM

View Postcoolguy, on 24 July 2013 - 03:55 AM, said:

I call it bull there is no way this guy came back from the dead after 3 days

If Humans want to acquire new things they must change their old thinking. :st :su

#21    Rlyeh

Rlyeh

Forum Divinity

• 10,577 posts

• Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Posted 24 July 2013 - 11:44 AM

View PostXnibiru, on 24 July 2013 - 11:35 AM, said:

If Humans want to acquire new things they must change their old thinking. :st :su
No need to think when you let a fake news site do it for you.

#22    Rafterman

Rafterman

Telekinetic

• 7,409 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 03:05 PM

View PostXnibiru, on 22 July 2013 - 04:51 PM, said:

If you are someone who still doesn’t believe in the concept of ‘heaven’ and ‘hell’, please listen to this testimony provided by a Buddhist Monk who died for 3 days and witnessed both of them in his journey before coming back to warn all of us about it.....

Read Here:  Buddhist Monk Dies For 3 Days: Comes Back To Share His Heaven & Hell “Near Death Experience”

Up to now, the so-called "Near Death Experience" still reamains an enigma to the modern science. To me, many spritual things are really beyond our current sicentific level. It's up to you to assess whether what the monk told us is true or not. I just want to share the story with you. :tu: :tu: :tu:

Nope.

"For me, it is better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring."
                                                                                                                                           - Carl Sagan, The Demon-Haunted World:  Science as a Candle in the Dark

#23    LostSouls7

LostSouls7

Lost Ghost

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,330 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 03:05 PM

Yeah he is a fraud.

First of all there is no hell....
not sure if there is a heaven...
but when I get drunk and listen to good music...
i feel like I am in heaven.. so maybe there is heaven on earth...

I would like breakfast now

Scary story about being scratched at 5 AM. Real demon attack story!
https://www.youtube....h?v=_Kzw8RRFsMQ

My collection of true and fiction ghost and ouija stories, horror movie reviews etc.
http://ouijaghosts.blogspot.com/

#24    markprice

markprice

what

• 3,767 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 06:01 PM

View PostEver After, on 23 July 2013 - 10:37 PM, said:

I think we share a different understanding of what it is to be saved through the blood of Jesus nevertheless, I appreciate your point of view.

I'll never understand your religion's obsession with the bleeding of Jesus. I think this custom was a late addition to establish the fundamentals of the religion, and takes nothing away from Jesus who does not require blood to help people who fall into his realm etc. If you take that kind of thing literally, or even as a figure of speech representing spirit; it does fit in well with the gory aspects of strange indigenous religions though.

View PostLostSouls7, on 24 July 2013 - 03:05 PM, said:

Yeah he is a fraud.

First of all there is no hell....

Second of all you don't know that...

This is getting shilly - Math

#25    LostSouls7

LostSouls7

Lost Ghost

• 1,330 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 07:25 PM

View Postmarkprice, on 24 July 2013 - 06:01 PM, said:

I'll never understand your religion's obsession with the bleeding of Jesus. I think this custom was a late addition to establish the fundamentals of the religion, and takes nothing away from Jesus who does not require blood to help people who fall into his realm etc. If you take that kind of thing literally, or even as a figure of speech representing spirit; it does fit in well with the gory aspects of strange indigenous religions though.

Second of all you don't know that...

Yes I do.. The church even admitted.
Also if you take the second death lake of fire..
in the bible as literal...
Then you need to take the whole beast with lots of heads and claws coming out of the water
literal....
also all the false prophecies... of an asteriod called worm wood.

First of all worm wood is an HERB. it's why it says it would make the waters bitter...
a rock would not make waters bitter...
and even then it's all symbolic....

IF hell is real.. .we can say it;s on certain parts of this earth...

Edited by LostSouls7, 24 July 2013 - 07:26 PM.

Scary story about being scratched at 5 AM. Real demon attack story!
https://www.youtube....h?v=_Kzw8RRFsMQ

My collection of true and fiction ghost and ouija stories, horror movie reviews etc.
http://ouijaghosts.blogspot.com/

#26    Donnie Darko

Donnie Darko

Who's to say what is proper?

• 3,017 posts

• "Is this your last best chance? Or are you going to your grave with unlived lives in your veins?"

Posted 24 July 2013 - 08:31 PM

I'm personally not obsessed with the blood aspect, it's not literal obviously, but his blood that was shed is one representation of his sacrifice for us humans.

#27    markprice

markprice

what

• 3,767 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 09:01 PM

View PostLostSouls7, on 24 July 2013 - 07:25 PM, said:

Yes I do.. The church even admitted.
Also if you take the second death lake of fire..
in the bible as literal...
Then you need to take the whole beast with lots of heads and claws coming out of the water
literal....
also all the false prophecies... of an asteriod called worm wood.

First of all worm wood is an HERB. it's why it says it would make the waters bitter...
a rock would not make waters bitter...
and even then it's all symbolic....

IF hell is real.. .we can say it;s on certain parts of this earth...

This would go way off topic but no single religion is an authority on hell. Hell is on topic though. If we reject all non earth bound entities, because we have no generally accepted proof of aliens, then I would agree there can be no possibility of a hell, or heaven beyond this planet. But I don't reject the possibility of other realms with their own localized entities. Hell is one of those realms. [this was proven to me and many others of all religions and so not just speculation] I don't think it is possible for a person to prove that to another person, so when people survive hell they tend to rely on some already accepted religion, which I think diminishes the experience.

This is getting shilly - Math

#28    Arpee

Arpee

.::The Spirit Gives Life::.

• 1,413 posts

• ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God." - Matthew 5:9

Posted 25 July 2013 - 12:48 AM

I find it a bit aggressive to claim that this man is a "fraud" or a "liar" just because HIS experience does not match what another person believes.

So because he had a Near Death Experience where he saw Buddha in hell, that means he is a liar and a fake?

His experience is his experience, who are YOU to tell him what he did or did not see?

Am I scared because of his experience? No.

Do I believe in Jesus now, because of his experience? No.

This doesn't put me in fear, and it definitely doesn't make me wanna go on my knees and pray to "God". It just makes me dislike Christianity even more because of its fear tactics and its controlling ways.  If such a God exists, and he has to use fear-tactics like this saying "believe and do whatever I say or burn in hell" that God is not worthy of worship. That is just a being of control.

Edited by Arpee, 25 July 2013 - 12:51 AM.

"But love ye your enemies, and do good, and lend, hoping for nothing again; and your reward shall be great, and ye shall be the children of the Highest: for he is kind unto the unthankful and to the evil." - Luke 6:35

#29    spartan max2

spartan max2

Government Agent

• 3,689 posts

• People get mad when it rains or it shines but no one gets mad at the moon

Posted 25 July 2013 - 12:57 AM

View PostImaginarynumber1, on 24 July 2013 - 03:59 AM, said:

Im still on the fence about NDE's but this article was pretty poor. We just have to be honest and say that at this time science cant explain it.

It doesn't mean that science never will but these hack piece articles are kind of sad.

" I imagine that the intellegent people are the ones so intellegent that they dont even need or want to look "intellegent" anymore".
Criss Jami

#30    Ryu

Ryu

Born to fail.

• 4,495 posts

• If not watched closely, the seed of violence can utterly consume you.

Posted 25 July 2013 - 01:46 AM

To be honest I couldn't get past the first minute of the video.

I am not a Buddhist but from what I have read ont eh subject, Buddhists do NOT believe in an eternal hell where people suffer an eternity of unimaginable pain, torture and torment. From what I gather, they seem to believe in a place people go to pay their dues and stuff then go on.

No one is tortured brutally because they refuse to buckle down and believe on command but are in a sort of "prison" type preschool (sort of) to learn some basics if they have been real jerks and intentionally hurt others.

This whole "Buddha in a lake of fire" sounds like some christian based propaganda used to terrorize people into thinking that their way is bad and there is only one way to live.

I don't buy into any of it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users