Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Heroic Zimmerman emerges from hiding

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#1    Avatar Samantha Ai

WE DO LOVE YOU

• 3,746 posts

• It seems so important now but you will get over.
    -AF

Posted 22 July 2013 - 05:58 PM

George Zimmerman, who has not been seen publicly since being acquitted in the murder of Trayvon Martin earlier this month, surfaced last week to rescue an unidentified driver trapped in an overturned truck in Florida, police said Monday.

Sanford Police Department Capt. Jim McAuliffe told Fox News that Zimmerman, 29, was identified by a crash victim as the man who pulled him from the mangled vehicle last week.

“George Zimmerman pulled me out,” firefighters were told by the unidentified driver, according to McAuliffe.

—snip

View: Read more

#2    Sweetpumper

Sweetpumper

Heatseeker

• 11,962 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 06:02 PM

Were they black?

"At it's most basic level, science is supposed to represent the investigation of the unexplained, not the explanation of the uninvestigated." - Hunt for the Skinwalker

"The ultimate irony of the Disclosure movement is that it deeply distrusts officialdom, while simultaneously looking to officialdom for the truth." - Robbie Graham Silver Screen Saucers

#3    Asadora

Asadora

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 677 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 06:04 PM

Nice to see that Mr. Zimmerman didn't kill the family.

"From time to time there appear on the face of the earth men of rare and consummate excellence, who dazzle us by their virtue, and whose outstanding qualities shed a stupendous light. Like those extraordinary stars of whose origins we are ignorant, and of whose fate, once they have vanished, we know even less, such men have neither forebears nor descendants: they are the whole of their race."  -- Jean de la Bruyere 1645-1696.

#4    keithisco

keithisco

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,521 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 06:17 PM

You people  are sick... he was found innocent in accordance with the Legal Statutes of the State of Florida, his defence did not use the "Stand Your Ground" basis for the defence at all.

he was found innocent of all charges based on the same premise that is used across the USA. he was defending himself from a physical assault. QED

#5    Bama13

Bama13

Poltergeist

• 2,889 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 06:17 PM

View PostAsadora, on 22 July 2013 - 06:04 PM, said:

Nice to see that Mr. Zimmerman didn't kill the family.

Nice to see that the family didn't feel the need to assualt Mr. Zimmerman.

" Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything —you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him" - Robert Heinlein

#6    Bama13

Bama13

Poltergeist

• 2,889 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 06:19 PM

View PostSweetpumper, on 22 July 2013 - 06:02 PM, said:

Were they black?

That would only be of importance to someone that was racist so I don't think it would have mattered to Zimmerman.

" Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything —you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him" - Robert Heinlein

#7    Michelle

Michelle

Forum Divinity

• 18,025 posts

• Eleanor Roosevelt: Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.

Posted 22 July 2013 - 06:26 PM

Before anyone doubts the FOX news link check out ABC...they reported it first.

#8    BiffSplitkins

BiffSplitkins

Vertically Challenged

• 7,608 posts

• We all have a song inside us, it tells us who we are.

'John Doeber' fellow musician

Posted 22 July 2013 - 06:43 PM

I wonder what color the truck was? :whistle:

Edited by BiffSplitkins, 22 July 2013 - 06:44 PM.

"The problem with internet quotes is that you cant always depend on their accuracy" -Abraham Lincoln, 1864

Posted Image

#9    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 23,867 posts

• Hey, I'm not wrong. I'm just not completely right.

Posted 22 July 2013 - 07:04 PM

And again he trys to put the Community's best interest before himself. 99% of people would have just kept driving.

Here at Intel we make processors on 12 inch wafers. And, the individual processors on the wafers are called die. And, I am employed to check these die. That is why I am the DieChecker.

At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Qualifications? This is cryptozoology, dammit! All that is required is the spirit of adventure. - Night Walker

#10    Odds

Odds

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 940 posts

• -Never judge a man till you've walked a mile in his shoes... After that, who cares. Your a mile away and you have his shoes. -

Posted 22 July 2013 - 07:09 PM

View PostDieChecker, on 22 July 2013 - 07:04 PM, said:

And again he trys to put the Community's best interest before himself. 99% of people would have just kept driving.

99% of people who have kept driving past an overturned car with occupants inside..? :rolleyes:

~Today's mighty Oak is just yesterdays nut that held it's ground~

#11    Sweetpumper

Sweetpumper

Heatseeker

• 11,962 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 07:13 PM

View PostOdds, on 22 July 2013 - 07:09 PM, said:

99% of people who have kept driving past an overturned car with occupants inside..? :rolleyes:

That surprises you? People in that San Francisco plane crash were grabbing their freaking bags instead of helping the injured!!!

"At it's most basic level, science is supposed to represent the investigation of the unexplained, not the explanation of the uninvestigated." - Hunt for the Skinwalker

"The ultimate irony of the Disclosure movement is that it deeply distrusts officialdom, while simultaneously looking to officialdom for the truth." - Robbie Graham Silver Screen Saucers

#12    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 23,867 posts

• Hey, I'm not wrong. I'm just not completely right.

Posted 22 July 2013 - 07:28 PM

It is well known in the US that if you stop, you become responsible for what happens. So if I was to stop to help these people out of their car, and say... one of the kids was badly cut on glass in the process, they can Sue me for helping them. They probably would not win, depending on what kind of Good Samaritan laws are in what area, but it is basically Stop-at-your-own-risk in the US. There is no expectation of anyone having to help, other then medical personnel, they are required to stop and assist if possible. At least AFAIK.

Here at Intel we make processors on 12 inch wafers. And, the individual processors on the wafers are called die. And, I am employed to check these die. That is why I am the DieChecker.

At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Qualifications? This is cryptozoology, dammit! All that is required is the spirit of adventure. - Night Walker

#13    supervike

supervike

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,214 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 07:42 PM

Which George Zimmerman did this?

The White Hispanic one, or just the Hispanic one?

Funny how the article doesn't mention anything about his race here.

I guess, because it boils down to IT DON'T FREAKING MATTER!!

#14    Rafterman

Rafterman

Telekinetic

• 7,409 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 08:10 PM

View Postkeithisco, on 22 July 2013 - 06:17 PM, said:

You people  are sick... he was found innocent in accordance with the Legal Statutes of the State of Florida, his defence did not use the "Stand Your Ground" basis for the defence at all.

he was found innocent of all charges based on the same premise that is used across the USA. he was defending himself from a physical assault. QED

Exactly.  We should all be so fortunate to find ourselves with such a crack legal defense team should we be in a similar situation.

"For me, it is better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring."
                                                                                                                                           - Carl Sagan, The Demon-Haunted World:  Science as a Candle in the Dark

#15    aztek

aztek

Omnipotent Entity

• 9,612 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 09:15 PM

lol yes.
when a guy was pushed off the platform in nyc, ppl took out phones and started taking pictures, one guy made over 20 pics, however not a single one even tried to pull the man out. even thou there was time, enough to take 20 pics.

better question, what would TM do? pass by, help. or rob them and run?

RESIDENT TROLL.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users