Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

The warren's

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1    wisdomview

wisdomview

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 3 posts

• learn, grow, evolve.

Posted 19 October 2004 - 12:05 AM

Hi, I'm new to the forum. I live in Connecticut, US and was wondering how popular, if at all, the Warren's are to the rest of the US or even the World? The're a pretty big deal here. At least to fans of the paranormal. I've seen then twice and have enjoyed both presentations. What are your thoughts about them? Real or a big hoax? For those who don't know them they're paranormal researchers. The Warren's biggest case was the Amityville Horror.

Does anybody know about the Lindley St. case in Bridgeport, CT that they were invovled in, in 1974? I wasn't born yet, but my parents tell me it was a huge deal. All major networks (ABC, CBS, and NBC) ran news stories about this haunted house only to say that it was a hoax a few days later. The Warrens, from what little info I found on the case, claim it was a real haunting.

#2    Munchkin

Munchkin

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 92 posts

• A woman is like a tea bag-you never know her strength until you put her in hot water.

Posted 19 October 2004 - 12:40 AM

Okay this is the second say in a row that I've heard of The Warren's.  Who are they what, what have they done and do they have a website?

Thanks for the fun!!!!

Never hold your farts in. They travel up your spine, into your brain, and that's where sh**** ideas some from.

#3    wisdomview

wisdomview

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 3 posts

• learn, grow, evolve.

Posted 19 October 2004 - 01:03 AM

I think that they are pretty well known. They have written a couple of books, been involved with some well known cases (Amittyville is the most famous), go on lecture tours/slide shows, starred in some TV shows, etc.. Lorraine the wife is a psychic and Ed her Husband is a Demonologist. I don't think that Ed does the lectures any more after suffering from a stroke a few years back. I have read a few of their books and liked them. They live not too far from me and have been tempted to contact them about going on their haunted artifacts/museum tour. Though I am unsure if it's worth the price.

the website is www.warrens.net

#4    Tia

Tia

The Naughty Angel.

• 6,272 posts

Posted 19 October 2004 - 04:13 AM

I've heard of the Warrens only because of Amityville Horror. I don't think that many people in Australia would know of who they are.

First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win. Gandhi.
HEY I WON!

#5    earthygirl04

earthygirl04

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 896 posts

• What this world needs is....
    "ME".... as President!!!

Posted 19 October 2004 - 05:28 AM

I didn't know who they were either until cyberdoll gave me the website which is mentioned above by wisdomview. It was really interesting to read about the Amityville house, I've been interested in that case since I first learned of it in the 70's when I was a little kid.

user posted image

Edited by earthygirl04, 19 October 2004 - 05:31 AM.

Posted Image
~Chase Your Own Stars, and Follow Your Own Path. ~         
Posted ImagePosted Image

~ My Little Corner of the Net ~

#6    Tia

Tia

The Naughty Angel.

• 6,272 posts

Posted 19 October 2004 - 12:42 PM

Hi earthygirl,

That house still gives me the creeps, even in photos. dontgetit.gif

First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win. Gandhi.
HEY I WON!

#7    IdahoGhostHunter

IdahoGhostHunter

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 433 posts

Posted 20 October 2004 - 07:35 AM

Does anybody know about the Lindley St. case in Bridgeport, CT that they were invovled in, in 1974?

OMG!!! I AM READING THAT BOOK RIGHT NOW!! THE DEVIL IN CONNECTICUT--I have to say its the SCRARIEST book I've ever read, and I have a read a lot of "demonologist" based books (ie: In a Dark Place, The Haunted, The Other Side, etc)....In fact, it's so scary I refuse to read it at night..only when its daylight or on my breaks at work...and I have never had to do that before....

Well I live in Idaho, and I've known for years and years about The Warrens, but I also have an extensive "ghost book" collection in which they are mentioned over and over in books I have. I don't know if any of my friends would recognize the name, unless they were heavily into ghosts as well.

I highly respect the Warrens and still believe the Amityville case was real, due a lot to the fact they were involved...I enjoy reading about their lives, and also respect the fact that they do not charge for their services. They are A-OK in my book! original.gif  thumbsup.gif

Posted Image

#8    KAOSInc

KAOSInc

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 195 posts

Posted 15 November 2005 - 03:09 PM

I've heard of the Warrens only because of Amityville Horror. I don't think that many people in Australia would know of who they are.

I'll back Tia up! The Warrens aren't well known in Australia at all and I can't think of any well know ghost busting Aussies either!

Honestly, I can't see anything......But my imagination does!

#9    vertigoflow

vertigoflow

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 252 posts

• tipping cows in fields elysian

Posted 15 November 2005 - 03:30 PM

I have a paperback copy of the book "In A Dark Place" written by Ed & Lorraine Warren and Carmen and AL Snedeker for sale. This was the book that "A Haunting in Connecticut" was based one. I am asking $125 because its rare and hard to find...if anyone is interested, please email me ....

Wow, your last 6 posts have been spam for this book. I can easily find two copies online for around $80 and am seriously considering posting the link to them on every thread you spam.

Edited by vertigoflow, 17 November 2005 - 02:54 PM.

#10    The Skeptic Eric Raven

The Skeptic Eric Raven

Master Blaster

• 11,065 posts

• One day love will find me.....

Posted 15 November 2005 - 03:36 PM

A lot of people consider them frauds. It is clear that money motivates them.

........the sleeper has awoken!
Sometimes we need a kick in the butt to wake us up. Well, I'm up now!Boo ya.

...there are many things in life that will capture your eye, but very few will capture your heart. These are the ones to pursue. These are the ones worth keeping..."

#11    vertigoflow

vertigoflow

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 15 November 2005 - 03:50 PM

A lot of people consider them frauds. It is clear that money motivates them.

Yeah, some people say "They're not in it for the money, they help people for free," but it looks like they do make a lot from they're speaking engagments, books and such.

I'm also from CT, where they're well known, but I moved to MA and it seems they're not as well known here. In CT they get press advertising for their lectures every halloween it seems. I see them mentioned online every once and awhile.

I think peoples opinion of them has a lot to do with they're opinion on their methods. If someone doesn't believe in psychics, demons and the religious approach to treating paranormal problems than they're going to see the warrens as BS-artists.

#12    Carla

Carla

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 669 posts

• “Literature, the most seductive, the most deceiving, the most dangerous of professions.”

Posted 15 November 2005 - 04:49 PM

Yeh iv heard of them .I find them the most believable paranormal investigators, They seem like a genuine honest couple. I seen them recently in show were a family home was terrorised by a demon and 3spirits.

#13    Oubli

Oubli

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 942 posts

• Ich Sehe Alles, und alles ist gerade dabei laut aufzuschreien.

Posted 15 November 2005 - 08:15 PM

The Warrens are pretty well known in the states, but in my opinion they are frauds and prey upon a lot of people who are in need of help.  

Their biggest scam, The Amityville Horror.  A Haunting in Connecticut was also grossly exaggerated.  A few of the investigators came out and said it was exaggerated and that the family had some problems, some with drugs.  

I've read a couple of their books and they are entertaining.  But, if you will notice every case they go on there is a demon or the devil lurking about and it is most horrible.  You have to think, what are the chances of every case being this way?

I am a believer of the paranormal existing, but not of the Warrens.

Edited by amybutts, 27 November 2005 - 03:37 AM.

#14    Carla

Carla

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 669 posts

• “Literature, the most seductive, the most deceiving, the most dangerous of professions.”

Posted 15 November 2005 - 08:19 PM

The Warrens are pretty well known in the states, but in my opinion they are frauds and prey upon a lot of people who are in need of help.  

Their biggest scam, The Amityville Horror.  A Haunting in Connecticut was also grossly exaggerated.  A few of the investigators came out and said it was exaggerated and that the family had some problems, some with drugs.  

I've read a couple of their books and they are entertaining.  But, if you will notice every case they go on there is a demon or the devil lurking about and it is most horrible.  You have to think, what are the chances of every case being this way?

I am a believer of the paranormal exhausting, but not of the Warrens.

Yeh I found the whole demon thing a bit strange. Also when they said to a family you cant leave the house and runaway you must fight. That’s the only point I thought they want them to stay to get money.

#15    vertigoflow

vertigoflow

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 15 November 2005 - 08:24 PM

But, if you will notice every case they go on there is a demon or the devil lurking about and it is most horrible.  You have to think, what are the chances of every case being this way?

Maybe those are the only ones they think are interesting enough to write about. Would people still buy their books if for every demon chapter there were four chapters of "Couldn't find anything but we got an orb pic." or "It was a branch tapping on the window." or "Gee, what were they smoking?" ?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users