Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Peculiar Sighting in the Mountains

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#16    julia52

julia52

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 88 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 02:08 PM

View Postfairweatherrider, on 25 July 2013 - 12:41 PM, said:

PS: I will discuss this once more with my brother in law, specifically concerning how he felt when they saw this.

thank you, i appreciate that :)  you know, i don't understand either what the big deal is of whether you post daily or once a month..?  as you said, if nothing happens, not always does one feel like posting lol..

i was also wondering..you said you live in a super remote area..do you ever notice anything 'odd' when you are out trekking about?  reason i ask is that some of the 'toolies' i believe are kinda 'charged' in a way; i have read this other places and experienced that myself a little :)  areas that have fewer people DO seem to attract 'things'..what they are, is still up in the air, of course, but there does seem to be some of 'relationship' with the experiencer..so i just wondered if your family has experienced other 'stuff' out there?

thanks for coming back..such an interesting story and picture, thanks :)

#17    Rafterman

Rafterman

Telekinetic

• 6,771 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 02:22 PM

View Postjulia52, on 27 July 2013 - 02:08 PM, said:

thank you, i appreciate that :)  you know, i don't understand either what the big deal is of whether you post daily or once a month..?  as you said, if nothing happens, not always does one feel like posting lol..

i was also wondering..you said you live in a super remote area..do you ever notice anything 'odd' when you are out trekking about?  reason i ask is that some of the 'toolies' i believe are kinda 'charged' in a way; i have read this other places and experienced that myself a little :)  areas that have fewer people DO seem to attract 'things'..what they are, is still up in the air, of course, but there does seem to be some of 'relationship' with the experiencer..so i just wondered if your family has experienced other 'stuff' out there?

thanks for coming back..such an interesting story and picture, thanks :)

The point I was making about post frequency had to deal with the fairly common occurance around here of forum members posting something like this and then never coming back to address the various questions and comments.  It's a troll tactic.

Which is why I thanked him for coming back and participating.

"You can't have freedom of religion without having freedom from the religious beliefs of other people."

#18    Professor T

Professor T

Λ Ο Δ, 2222

• 2,465 posts

• I'm not really a Professor so don't take my words as Gospel

Posted 31 July 2013 - 09:33 AM

I'm with my fellow professor on this one.
It look's like the symmetry of wings on either side of the semblance of insect or bird..
Me thinks a small bird taking off, it has a beak too..

Edited to add: nice photography..

Edited by Professor T, 31 July 2013 - 09:37 AM.

#19    MrBene

MrBene

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 431 posts

• A regular guy

Posted 31 July 2013 - 09:55 PM

I'm with Professor T, it looks like he captured a bird who's about to fly.

#20    Gatofeo

Gatofeo

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 881 posts

• "An ugly cat. Vast desert. Smoke and fire. Flying lead makes holes in parchment. The ugly cat is much amused." --- Gatodamus (1503-1566)

Posted 11 August 2013 - 06:02 AM

I live in the remote Utah desert, but was raised in eastern Washington state and often camped in the forests there.
This looks like sunlight reflecting off a Tent Caterpillar's web.
Tent Caterpillars create a large web between the small limbs of a shrub or bush. It's often cup or funnel shaped.
If sunlight were reflecting off the web, it would eventually "disappear" as the Sun moved.
I once lived in northern Wyoming, but can't recall seeing Tent Caterpillars there. But they're common in the forests of the Northwest.
This summer, I saw some of their tell-tale webs in Yellowstone and Jackson National Parks, which would place them in Wyoming.
I've also been a professional photographer for nearly 30 years.
I know from experience that reflected sunlight can create many different, seemingly inexplicable effects on film and the pixels within a Charge-Coupled Device (CCD) in a digital camera.
Any kind of light can reflect off even the tiniest of surfaces and create anomalies. The entire industry of "orbs" is based upon this effect on dust particles, glass, painted surfaces, etc.
I don't see anything odd about the submitted photo. I see sunlight reflected on the lens or a web, nothing more.

My god! How that ghost makes me dread
My attempts to sleep at night, in my bed
All that moaning and groaning
Keep me awake until morning
Oh wait --- it's that couple next door, newly wed!

--- Copyright 2006 by Gatofeo

I support Rehabilitation through Reincarnation!

#21    egesagin

egesagin

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 50 posts

• "My God... it's full of stars!"

Posted 11 August 2013 - 02:21 PM

It looks like a dragonfly to me. Interesting though, nature photographs can sometimes be very interesting.

Once I was at a friend of the family's workplace, and while messing around with his laptop, I started browsing nature pics and just zooming in for fun. In one of the pictures, there was this astronaut-like shape on the petals of a flower. The resemblance was amazing. But I highly doubt that it was a teeny tiny astronaut. Photography can be very misleading. Such as the human face on this picture. Makes you think that it might be an apparition surely, but like I said, it looks like a dragonfly to me ^^

#22    KovenantNebulus

KovenantNebulus

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 05:55 PM

The only thing I can think of is a Hummingbird.

Maybe the bird was somehow wet, or was drinking water. When it flew up the water on its wings and the direct sunlight caused this illusion.

#23    Astral Hillbilly

Astral Hillbilly

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 169 posts

• Pain is inevitable....Suffering is optional !

Posted 05 September 2013 - 06:55 PM

At first glance, it looked like some kind of seed pod exploding. No idea.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users