Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * - 1 votes

Propaganda and the Mainstream Media

• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

#1    Kowalski

Kowalski

The Original Penguin Conspiracy Theorist

• 4,102 posts

• It's All Some Kind Of Wacked Out Conspiracy....

Posted 23 July 2013 - 04:48 PM

So recently I watched two documentaries, one was called Pyswar and the other one was called State of Mind, both can be accessed on Youtube. I'd post them here, but that might be copyright infringement. But you can view them both in Youtube.

Anyway, both of these films talk about how the Mainstream Media, spins propaganda to us, such as the Iraq War, World War I, Vietnam, etc. You see, most people by nature, are against war, and are you gonna fight or send your children to fight for a war you don't really believe in? No of course not. So this is where the propaganda comes, in. They make it seem like we're fighting to spread democracy through out the world, but in reality, it's only to make the rich people, richer.

Also, another thing that was talked about was how we are enticed by the media to buy materialistic things, such as flat screen TV'S, IPhones, brand name products, because we have to have these products because all our friends have them, and you won't be happy if you don't have this....It's really crazy, the way they can do this!

Another thing that was touched on was how the education system was set up. A good person to look up on this subject is John Taylor Gatto, if your interested. But it talks about the history behind compulsory schooling, which is very interesting, and how it's not about education, but having an authority figure, tell you how to interpret the information you are given. Very eye opening.

But, it really made me think, about the whole Zimmerman trial, and the way the media operates. I mean, is it just me, or does it seem the MSM won't be happy until they have a race war?? I guess that would boost MSNBCs ratings which are in the toilet...

Like this article: http://news.yahoo.co...-112952910.html

Wide Racial Gap in Reaction to Zimmerman Verdict

Never mind, that only 1,480 people were polled.... :rolls eyes:

But anyways, I really, really recommend these documentaries. They are really good....

Edited by Kowalski, 23 July 2013 - 04:49 PM.

#2    BiffSplitkins

BiffSplitkins

Vertically Challenged

• 7,322 posts

• We all have a song inside us, it tells us who we are.

'John Doeber' fellow musician

Posted 23 July 2013 - 05:13 PM

View PostKowalski, on 23 July 2013 - 04:48 PM, said:

But, it really made me think, about the whole Zimmerman trial, and the way the media operates. I mean, is it just me, or does it seem the MSM won't be happy until they have a race war?? I guess that would boost MSNBCs ratings which are in the toilet...

CNN is no different, and you're not the only one that thinks that way. I thought the same thing the day after the verdict was read. Once the exicitement of the actual verdict being read was over it seemed like the media started throwing little racial twists in all of their headlines that had anything to do with the trial.
The media does what it will to stir the public's attention on purpose to drum up more business for themselves.

Take the case that is going on right now as I type this right here in my hometown. A white man was beaten to death by a 13 black male and a 15 year old black male.
Why is this not all over the national news?

"The problem with internet quotes is that you cant always depend on their accuracy" -Abraham Lincoln, 1864

Posted Image

#3    Sweetpumper

Sweetpumper

Heatseeker

• 10,777 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 05:19 PM

View PostBiffSplitkins, on 23 July 2013 - 05:13 PM, said:

Take the case that is going on right now as I type this right here in my hometown. A white man was beaten to death by a 13 black male and a 15 year old black male.

I think we all know the answer to that. The honest ones around here do, anyway.

"At it's most basic level, science is supposed to represent the investigation of the unexplained, not the explanation of the uninvestigated." - Hunt for the Skinwalker

"The ultimate irony of the Disclosure movement is that it deeply distrusts officialdom, while simultaneously looking to officialdom for the truth." - Robbie Graham Silver Screen Saucers

#4    tinysbox13

tinysbox13

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 69 posts

• "**** Happens"

Posted 23 July 2013 - 05:20 PM

I will have watch once I get off of work :tu:

Propoganda was used by Hilter to fuel his side of the war with all his people(s). Once they (Nazi Germany) lost, we had what was known as Project Paperclip, incorporating the top Nazi scientists that worked on all different thangs, to start working for us. I would even go to say we, "America," started putting their system into place with our own. You find examples of it EVERYWHERE, especially within the top news channels. Controlling the media is a great benefit! People in masses are stupid and idiotic.

cogito ergo sum

#5    Liquid Gardens

Liquid Gardens

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,847 posts

• "Or is it just remains of vibrations from echoes long ago"

Posted 23 July 2013 - 05:26 PM

Leaving aside the fact that it is unlikely that the black males will be getting away with this crime because of 'stand your ground' laws, there is not an issue currently in the US of law enforcement and the justice system treating white suspects and victims unfairly differently or worse than they treat black suspects and victims for mostly identical crimes.  Unlike vice-versa.

"You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into"
"That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence" - C. Hitchens
"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself - and you are the easiest person to fool" - Richard Feynman

#6    Kowalski

Kowalski

• 4,102 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 05:54 PM

View Posttinysbox13, on 23 July 2013 - 05:20 PM, said:

I will have watch once I get off of work :tu:

Propoganda was used by Hilter to fuel his side of the war with all his people(s). Once they (Nazi Germany) lost, we had what was known as Project Paperclip, incorporating the top Nazi scientists that worked on all different thangs, to start working for us. I would even go to say we, "America," started putting their system into place with our own. You find examples of it EVERYWHERE, especially within the top news channels. Controlling the media is a great benefit! People in masses are stupid and idiotic.

They also talk about Project Paperclip, in the second documentary, State of Mind. Hitler once said, The bigger the lie, the more people will believe it...

CNN is no different, and you're not the only one that thinks that way. I thought the same thing the day after the verdict was read. Once the exicitement of the actual verdict being read was over it seemed like the media started throwing little racial twists in all of their headlines that had anything to do with the trial.
The media does what it will to stir the public's attention on purpose to drum up more business for themselves.

Sadly, I think we all know why....

#7    BiffSplitkins

BiffSplitkins

Vertically Challenged

• 7,322 posts

• We all have a song inside us, it tells us who we are.

'John Doeber' fellow musician

Posted 23 July 2013 - 06:07 PM

View PostSweetpumper, on 23 July 2013 - 05:19 PM, said:

I think we all know the answer to that. The honest ones around here do, anyway.

View PostKowalski, on 23 July 2013 - 05:54 PM, said:

Sadly, I think we all know why....
Shhhh, they will call us all racists.

In all seriousness, the case that I mentioned; The 13 & 15 year old 'children' will more than likely walk free due to the fact that they were 'just playing a game called knockout'. They definitely were not 'standing any ground' by any means. If you look up 'Polar Bear Hunting' you will see what I mean.
In my eyes these kids should be charged with a racial hate crime.
Even if they do get convicted, they can't be held any longer than 18 years of age and then when they are released, their records are permanantly sealed.

The ironic twist to that whole case though, is that the old man they killed was a registered sex offender, but they didn't know that at the time. They just picked a random 'polar bear' to hunt.

"The problem with internet quotes is that you cant always depend on their accuracy" -Abraham Lincoln, 1864

Posted Image

#8    Kowalski

Kowalski

• 4,102 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 10:15 PM

View PostBiffSplitkins, on 23 July 2013 - 06:07 PM, said:

Shhhh, they will call us all racists.

In all seriousness, the case that I mentioned; The 13 & 15 year old 'children' will more than likely walk free due to the fact that they were 'just playing a game called knockout'. They definitely were not 'standing any ground' by any means. If you look up 'Polar Bear Hunting' you will see what I mean.
In my eyes these kids should be charged with a racial hate crime.
Even if they do get convicted, they can't be held any longer than 18 years of age and then when they are released, their records are permanantly sealed.

The ironic twist to that whole case though, is that the old man they killed was a registered sex offender, but they didn't know that at the time. They just picked a random 'polar bear' to hunt.

Yeah, I looked up the "polar bear hunting" and that is just sick.... :no:

I don't want this to become a Zimmerman thread, but look around, even here on the forum boards, and you can see how the media has divided people on this issue. It's incredible the type of power they hold. People think because they heard this on whatever TV station, and then go around believing it without checking the facts! It's crazy!

I'm just so tired, of the dividing tactics they use such as abortion, and race. They divide us on social issues, because they know if we all got together, and put aside our differences, and demanded change from the government, all hell would break lose. Malcolm X and Martin Luther King Jr knew this. That's why the government killed them. Ever notice how all the people who want us to live in harmony together, are the one's who get whacked by the government?

Edited by Kowalski, 23 July 2013 - 10:16 PM.

#9    Michelle

Michelle

Forum Divinity

• 15,823 posts

• Eleanor Roosevelt: Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.

Posted 23 July 2013 - 11:52 PM

View PostKowalski, on 23 July 2013 - 10:15 PM, said:

Yeah, I looked up the "polar bear hunting" and that is just sick.... :no:

I don't want this to become a Zimmerman thread, but look around, even here on the forum boards, and you can see how the media has divided people on this issue. It's incredible the type of power they hold. People think because they heard this on whatever TV station, and then go around believing it without checking the facts! It's crazy!

I'm just so tired, of the dividing tactics they use such as abortion, and race. They divide us on social issues, because they know if we all got together, and put aside our differences, and demanded change from the government, all hell would break lose. Malcolm X and Martin Luther King Jr knew this.

Yes, it is sick...and the media calls it a "game" not a hate crime, which it clearly is.

People talk about how racist the South is, but we live in a very diverse neighborhood and have a business in a "bad " part of town, but we treat all people with respect and receive it in kind. We do know a few racists, of all colors, and I have made it clear to them that that attitude isn't welcome in my house. When we get them all together for parties they seem to always find something in common and they aren't so different after all.

It's become a joke among our friends that you never know what kind of person you are going to meet at our house, regardless of color, sexual orientation, ethnicity or religion. And ya know what...I love it!!! It's really opened some eyes and believe me, that is very difficult with some people...especially the ones over 50 or 60 years old that are set in their ways.

If people could let go of preconceived ideas we would all be better off.

Edited by Michelle, 24 July 2013 - 12:12 AM.

#10    Kowalski

Kowalski

• 4,102 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 12:15 AM

View PostMichelle, on 23 July 2013 - 11:52 PM, said:

Yes, it is sick...and the media calls it a "game" not a hate crime, which it clearly is.

People talk about how racist the South is, but we live in a very diverse neighborhood and have a business in a "bad " part of town, but we treat all people with respect and receive it in kind. We do know a few racists, of all colors, and I have made it clear to them that that attitude isn't welcome in my house. When we get them all together, for parties at our house, they seem to always find something in common and they aren't so different after all.

It's become a joke among our friends that you never know what kind of person you are going to meet at our house, regardless of color, sexual orientation, ethnicity or religion. And ya know what...I love it!!! It's really opened some eyes and believe me, that is very difficult with some people...especially the ones over 50 or 60 years old that are set in their ways.

If people could let go of preconceived ideas we would all be better off.

That is so very true. :tu:

I judge people by the content of their character, not the color of their skin. I'm really sick of the media making everything about race. It's stupid and inflammatory.

#11    darkmoonlady

darkmoonlady

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,302 posts

• Get busy livin' or get busy dyin'-Shawshank Redemption/Life is a buffet and most poor suckers are starving to death-Auntie Mame

Posted 24 July 2013 - 01:32 AM

I don't so much look at it as propaganda so much as "You asked for it", because the news just like any other TV show is the way it is because of ratings. The way the news is structured is very much dictated on focus groups and what people want to see. It's easy to sit back and say what we see on the news is coming from some larger conspiracy but I think the ugly truth is, we see what we want to see because it's what we wanted. The public at large seems to want to hear all the gory details of one case or another, the public at large likes "infotainment" where the news apparently tells us what to think, what celebrity to like or dislike etc.

“The beauty of religious mania is that it has the power to explain everything. Once God (or Satan) is accepted as the first cause of everything which happens in the mortal world, nothing is left to chance …or change... logic can be happily tossed out the window. Religious mania is one of the few infallible ways of responding to the worlds vagaries, because it totally eliminates pure accident. To the true religious maniac, it’s ALL on purpose” – Stephen King, The Stand

#12    RaptorBites

RaptorBites

Poltergeist

• 2,208 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 01:36 AM

View Postdarkmoonlady, on 24 July 2013 - 01:32 AM, said:

I don't so much look at it as propaganda so much as "You asked for it", because the news just like any other TV show is the way it is because of ratings. The way the news is structured is very much dictated on focus groups and what people want to see. It's easy to sit back and say what we see on the news is coming from some larger conspiracy but I think the ugly truth is, we see what we want to see because it's what we wanted. The public at large seems to want to hear all the gory details of one case or another, the public at large likes "infotainment" where the news apparently tells us what to think, what celebrity to like or dislike etc.

Great post.

People who watch the news rarely pay attention when a man saves a dog.

Yet keep their eyes glued when a multiple car accident results in several deaths.

As they say in the industry, "bad news" tends to lead to better ratings.

No, you surround yourself with a whole different kettle of crazy. - Sir Wearer of Hats

#13    Detective Mystery 2015

Detective Mystery 2015

Poltergeist

• 2,771 posts

• Mysteries are tomorrow's histories.

Posted 24 July 2013 - 02:41 AM

View PostLiquid Gardens, on 23 July 2013 - 05:26 PM, said:

Leaving aside the fact that it is unlikely that the black males will be getting away with this crime because of 'stand your ground' laws, there is not an issue currently in the US of law enforcement and the justice system treating white suspects and victims unfairly differently or worse than they treat black suspects and victims for mostly identical crimes.  Unlike vice-versa.

That may be true in the justice system. Not so much in the media.

There is one reality with billions of versions.

#14    Detective Mystery 2015

Detective Mystery 2015

Poltergeist

• 2,771 posts

• Mysteries are tomorrow's histories.

Posted 24 July 2013 - 03:04 AM

View PostKowalski, on 23 July 2013 - 10:15 PM, said:

I'm just so tired, of the dividing tactics they use such as abortion, and race. They divide us on social issues, because they know if we all got together, and put aside our differences, and demanded change from the government, all hell would break lose. Malcolm X and Martin Luther King Jr knew this. That's why the government killed them. Ever notice how all the people who want us to live in harmony together, are the one's who get whacked by the government?

You just got dangerously close to the truth. Martin Luther King Jr. was murdered after he added the economy and the war to his civil rights campaign. He planned a movement to address the issues of impoverished people of all races, which likely was a fatal "mistake". Malcolm X was murdered after he put his racist beliefs behind him.

What would happen if Black and White, Left and Right, male and female, gay and straight, etc. put certain issues behind us in order to focus on the biggest challenge that faces us? That challenge is the continuing loss of freedom in America (not "the Homeland"). We're divided and distracted while our Constitutional rights disappear. Let's put out the fire before we redecorate the house.

There is one reality with billions of versions.

#15    Babe Ruth

Babe Ruth

Non-Corporeal Being

• Closed
  • 8,732 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 12:28 PM

Excellent post, Detective Mystery! :tu:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users