Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * - - - 3 votes

Alien abduction in Egypt 3300 BC

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#16    kmt_sesh

kmt_sesh

Omnipotent Entity

• 9,305 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 11:37 PM

A note about figural placement in such artifacts. I neglected to include this in my preceding post and might as well enter it here. The bound prisoners are provided a groundline in the same manner as Narmer and his retinue in the photo in my preceding post, but this is not always the case. Especially in artwork of late prehistory and the Early Dynastic Period, the registers and organization seen in later artwork are not as commonplace. The two dead soldiers above the bound men are of course not literally hovering, but lying dead on the ground.

Look again at my detail of the Narmer Palette in my preceding post. Narmer and his retinue appear to be marching toward the right, where you can see a line of decapitated enemy soldiers. Of course they're not hovering, but are meant to depict enemy corpses neatly arrayed for the king's inspection.

Careful attention must be paid to how one interprets ancient artwork.

Posted Image
The evil overlord mummy moderator has spoken.

Visit My Blog!

#17    jaylemurph

jaylemurph

"If we would know, then we would be more wisdomed."

• 9,553 posts

• "You can lead a whore to culture, but you can't make him think." Dorothy Parker

Posted 23 July 2013 - 11:47 PM

...I learned that the early Egyptians had rockin' 80s-style perms or possibly Afros. That's awesome.

--Jaylemurph

"... amongst the most obstinate of our opinions may be classed those which derive from discussions in which we affect to search for the truth, while in reality we are only fortifying prejudice."     -- James Fenimore Cooper, The Pathfinder

Posted Image

Deeply venial

#18    cladking

cladking

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,498 posts

• Tempus fugit.

Posted 24 July 2013 - 12:10 AM

This is the lower half of the same pallette from The L's link;

Posted Image

I might add that these are apparently Asians being captured so if it's alien involvment depicted the story is probably at least second hand.

Men fear the pyramid, time fears man.

#19    lilthor

lilthor

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 356 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 12:39 AM

Alien or not, that one guy looks to be 'twerking'.

Very fashion forward...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Twerking

Edited by lilthor, 24 July 2013 - 12:55 AM.

#20    kmt_sesh

kmt_sesh

Omnipotent Entity

• 9,305 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 02:08 AM

View Postlilthor, on 24 July 2013 - 12:39 AM, said:

Alien or not, that one guy looks to be 'twerking'.

Very fashion forward...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Twerking

LOL I appreciate the link. As an old fart I didn't even know what "twerking" was.

Posted Image

Visit My Blog!

#21    kmt_sesh

kmt_sesh

Omnipotent Entity

• 9,305 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 02:28 AM

L, in your OP you were speculating that the circular form on the fragment of the Battlefield Palette "might be ship or perhaps portal." This was actually the spot on the palette in which cosmetics were to be mixed, such as malachite and galena. Check out this page of Google images to see numerous other examples.

It goes without saying that such palettes were ritual in nature and probably were never actually used to prepare makeup. Nevertheless, cosmetic palettes are abundant in the archaeological record of predynastic Egypt. They're typically nowhere near as elaborate as Narmer's Palette or the Battlefield Palette, but they were both functional and attractive. They could be carved in geometric forms or in the shapes of animals, especially fish and birds.

Back on the subject of anthropomorphic iconography, this was a common practice down through pharaonic history. You see it in objects like the djed pillar, the ankh, and in combinations of icons. In this case you see a djed clutching was scepters and with ankhs hanging from the arms, all surmounting the neb basket. The Battlefield Palette contains no hieroglyphs of which I'm aware, but it was early styles like it which would inspire the personified icons in my list. In the case of my last link all of the icons are separate hieroglyphs which ultimately spell out the pharse "All strength, life, and dominion."

As is always the case, no aliens are involved. :alien:

Posted Image

Visit My Blog!

#22    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 23,867 posts

• Hey, I'm not wrong. I'm just not completely right.

Posted 24 July 2013 - 05:05 AM

I agree. The "robots" are not hovering.

If those who do see "hovering" look at the pic Cladking posted earlier, you can see the Lower section of the artifact, which shows how the upper section fits onto it and the feet of the prisoners are on the lower section.

Edited by DieChecker, 24 July 2013 - 05:07 AM.

Here at Intel we make processors on 12 inch wafers. And, the individual processors on the wafers are called die. And, I am employed to check these die. That is why I am the DieChecker.

At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Qualifications? This is cryptozoology, dammit! All that is required is the spirit of adventure. - Night Walker

#23    Parsec

Parsec

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 215 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 11:35 PM

View Postthe L, on 23 July 2013 - 07:42 PM, said:

I was stuned by this plate due details AE used. Look details on hair. Or their penis.
So these things behind them have had hands, wierd heads and it seems that they were hovering.

And circle isnt my prime concern but in contest could it be portal or ship?

Actually, those penises chatch attention. Could they be John Holmes's ancestors? :lol:
I don't see anywthing weird in this palette, except the abovementioned body parts

#24    kmt_sesh

kmt_sesh

Omnipotent Entity

• 9,305 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 02:15 AM

I see I made an error in my earlier post, which is what happens when you don't read other folks' posts carefully enough. In talking about hovering L was referring to the two standards, not the splayed soldiers above the bound prisoners. My apologies. Nevertheless, I think it's obvious the two standards do not represent actual living beings. Instead, they represent a wider and specific group of people: be it from the royal house or a nome of ancient Egypt.

The fact that they don't touch the implied ground line is immaterial. One cannot achieve a working understanding of ancient art by viewing such things through 21st century eyes.

Posted Image

Visit My Blog!

#25    Big Bad Voodoo

Big Bad Voodoo

High priest of Darwinism

• 9,582 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 08:48 AM

Kmt,

thanks on post. Your link Hunter's Palette doesnt work btw.
I didnt know egyptians have had wide range of standards. And such vivid ones. With hands.
I dont know what to say. For moment I felt I discover something.
All I discover beside various AE standards and that Gauis Marius probably took Egyptian standard.
As it is now (USA) obviously it always feel safe under the eagle (Egypt, Rome)

Drones... :blush:

Edited by the L, 25 July 2013 - 09:03 AM.

JFK: "And we are as a people, inherently and historically, opposed to secret societies, to secret oaths, and to secret proceedings.
For we are opposed around the world by a monolithic and ruthless conspiracy..."

#26    lilthor

lilthor

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 356 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 05:41 PM

View Postkmt_sesh, on 24 July 2013 - 02:08 AM, said:

LOL I appreciate the link. As an old fart I didn't even know what "twerking" was.

Ha...my pleasure.

Best to not try it though.  I believe it's considered a 'gateway move' and can lead to much worse behavior.

#27    Parsec

Parsec

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 215 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 11:30 PM

View Postkmt_sesh, on 25 July 2013 - 02:15 AM, said:

The fact that they don't touch the implied ground line is immaterial. One cannot achieve a working understanding of ancient art by viewing such things through 21st century eyes.

Absolutetly true. Perspective was introduced by Giotto in the late XIII Century.
Relativism is fundamental and, unfortunately, sometimes forgotten also by professionals.

The L, I agree with you and had always found interesting similitudes between Rome and USA, like the symbol of the eagle and other things (preventive war for instance). But we're going OT

#28    Harte

Harte

Supremely Educated Knower of Everything in Existence.

• 11,485 posts

• Skeptic

Posted 26 July 2013 - 12:11 AM

View Postlilthor, on 25 July 2013 - 05:41 PM, said:

Ha...my pleasure.

Best to not try it though.  I believe it's considered a 'gateway move' and can lead to much worse behavior.

Just ask the parents in "Footloose."

Harte

Posted Image
See the new Harte Mark III
And the Mayan panoramas on my pyramid pajamas haven't helped my little problem. - The Alan Parsons Project
Most people would die sooner than think; in fact, they do so. - Bertrand Russell
Anybody like Coleridge?

#29    lilthor

lilthor

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 356 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 01:55 AM

View PostHarte, on 26 July 2013 - 12:11 AM, said:

Just ask the parents in "Footloose."

Harte

Absolutely.  And of course there's John 'Twerk'volta.  A cautionary...em...tale, if ever there was one.

#30    kmt_sesh

kmt_sesh

Omnipotent Entity

• 9,305 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 02:56 AM

View Postthe L, on 25 July 2013 - 08:48 AM, said:

Kmt,

thanks on post. Your link Hunter's Palette doesnt work btw.
I didnt know egyptians have had wide range of standards. And such vivid ones. With hands.
I dont know what to say. For moment I felt I discover something.
All I discover beside various AE standards and that Gauis Marius probably took Egyptian standard.
As it is now (USA) obviously it always feel safe under the eagle (Egypt, Rome)

Drones... :blush:

The eagle itself played only a small part in ancient Egyptian traditions and was surpassed by other flying critters such as the falcon and vulture. However, the prominence of the eagle between Rome and the USA is patently obvious. It's not surprising. The founders of my country freely made use of ancient Greek and Roman motifs across the board, especially in symbolism and architecture.

Posted Image

Visit My Blog!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users