Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Cuddle hormone 'increases' agony

cuddle hormone oxytocin broken heart

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1    Still Waters

Still Waters

Deeply Mysterious

• 43,363 posts

• Sometimes it's better to keep the mystery unexplained.

Posted 23 July 2013 - 09:27 PM

It is known as the cuddle hormone, but it seems the chemical that helps us fall in love may also be responsible for prolonging our agony when relationships go wrong.

Scientists have found that oxytocin, which promotes feelings of love and social bonding, also plays a role in etching painful emotional memories into the brain.

http://www.telegraph...oken-heart.html

Posted Image

#2    kannin

kannin

Punisher of the wicked

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,772 posts

• the secret to change is to focus all of your energy,not fighting the old, but building the new

Posted 23 July 2013 - 09:35 PM

makes sense, love can be a wonderful feeling but on the other hand it can rip out your beating heart infront of your eyes, there always has to be an opposite love/hate light/darkness and they always seem to go hand in hand so well i love the choas factor to life

what goes up must come down

#3    Arpee

Arpee

.::The Spirit Gives Life::.

• 1,413 posts

• ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God." - Matthew 5:9

Posted 23 July 2013 - 09:50 PM

It doesn't matter if it is "love" or "hate". It is still an addiction, a drug (chemical / hormone). People seem to forget that.

"But love ye your enemies, and do good, and lend, hoping for nothing again; and your reward shall be great, and ye shall be the children of the Highest: for he is kind unto the unthankful and to the evil." - Luke 6:35

#4    kannin

kannin

Punisher of the wicked

• 1,772 posts

• the secret to change is to focus all of your energy,not fighting the old, but building the new

Posted 23 July 2013 - 09:57 PM

oh no i very well know that its an addiction, thats why so many people are stuck in their vicous cycles

#5    ReaperS_ParadoX

ReaperS_ParadoX

“What’s wrong with accepting madness?

• 2,521 posts

• The boundaries which divide Life from Death are at best shadowy and vague. Who shall say where the one ends, and where the other begins?

Posted 23 July 2013 - 10:09 PM

I' learned that feeling VERY quickly with my girlfriend back in high school, it's to the point now where I would just rather be alone then go through that type of pain again.

Iv seen that happen to my uncle more times than I can count, and it's very evident to me that he fears to be alone, so he hurries up and tries to find a replacement.

Edited by R4z3rsPar4d0x, 23 July 2013 - 10:12 PM.

COME WITH ME. OVERWHELMING POWER AND MADNESS AWAIT

THAT IS NOT DEAD WHICH CAN ETERNAL LIE AND WITH STRANGE AEONS EVEN DEATH MAY DIE

#6    kannin

kannin

Punisher of the wicked

• 1,772 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 10:12 PM

View PostR4z3rsPar4d0x, on 23 July 2013 - 10:09 PM, said:

I' learned that feeling VERY quickly with my girlfriend back in high school, it's to the point now where I would just rather be alone then go through that type of pain again.
oh ive been there brother, but thats why you have to pick up, mend the pieces and put it back on the choping block, there would not be 7 billion people on this planet if we were all ment to be with just one person our whole lives, it sucks yes, but its a learning experience, either you learn what not to do in your next relationship, or you learn what to not go for qualities in girls, life is one great big painful learning experience, than you die, me my light are my children, even though they might hate me as they grow up ill know that i love 4 things in this world with the upmost intesity and that recieving end of that love can never break up with me

#7    theSOURCE

theSOURCE

Alien Abducter

• 4,450 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 12:15 AM

Yikes! With my track record I really must be stuffed full of it. :tu: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:

Oxytocin, I mean. :rolleyes: :P

#8    kannin

kannin

Punisher of the wicked

• 1,772 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 12:16 AM

lol

#9    Mikko-kun

Mikko-kun

Drifter

• 1,970 posts

• How much do you don't see?

Posted 24 July 2013 - 12:25 AM

Iv seen that happen to my uncle more times than I can count, and it's very evident to me that he fears to be alone, so he hurries up and tries to find a replacement.

The more you have it, the more it hurts. I'm a masochist, though, even there. But I dont like the idea of addiction, being addicted to someone. Nor someone being addicted to me. Just loving is better. Explains why people eat chokolate and all that stuff after breakup.

Wherever there's a problem, there's solutions.
Answers are found from a wide deep perspective, from opened mind's eyes.
From where good and bad stay silent and you hear the real cause and effect, and big picture.
Giving up is wasting your time, but also necessary to find the true cause you didn't find yet.
Staying in the path is necessary only when there's trueness in that path.

#10    kannin

kannin

Punisher of the wicked

• 1,772 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 12:54 AM

love is deaths b**** lover! ADRIAN! ADRIAN!

#11    The Id3al Experience

The Id3al Experience

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 917 posts

• "Live with cause and leave results to the great law of the universe"

Posted 24 July 2013 - 03:40 AM

View PostMikko-kun, on 24 July 2013 - 12:25 AM, said:

The more you have it, the more it hurts. I'm a masochist, though, even there. But I dont like the idea of addiction, being addicted to someone. Nor someone being addicted to me. Just loving is better. Explains why people eat chokolate and all that stuff after breakup.

Chocolate increase dopamine levels, thats why its refered to as such.

Watch this space

#12    White Crane Feather

White Crane Feather

Seeker79

• 12,999 posts

• Potter: " is this real or is this in my mind?"

Dumbledore: " Of course it's in your mind....., but that dosn't mean it's not real."

Posted 24 July 2013 - 02:13 PM

So it may not have been better to have loved then lost after all.

"I wish neither to possess, Nor to be possessed. I no longer covet paradise, more important, I no longer fear hell. The medicine for my suffering I had within me from the very beginning, but I did not take it. My ailment came from within myself, But I did not observe it until this moment. Now I see that I will never find the light.  Unless, like the candle, I am my own fuel, Consuming myself. "
Bruce Lee-

#13    LostSouls7

LostSouls7

Lost Ghost

• 1,330 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 02:38 PM

Yes I hate this cuddle hormoone...
or what ever it's called...
it's why I don't fall in love or bond with anyone..

Also falling in love is a waste of time..
I believe love to be the biggest lie ever told...
something from the Devil's mouth..

Scary story about being scratched at 5 AM. Real demon attack story!
https://www.youtube....h?v=_Kzw8RRFsMQ

My collection of true and fiction ghost and ouija stories, horror movie reviews etc.
http://ouijaghosts.blogspot.com/

#14    WoIverine

WoIverine

Telekinetic

• 6,827 posts

• With great power, comes great irresponsibility.

Posted 24 July 2013 - 02:49 PM

Not always a bad thing, with every failed attempt, you learn more about yourself and more about what you're looking for as well. That makes you less likely to "settle" on things in the next potential mate. Eventually you will either find someone perfect, or very close to being perfect for you, or you will move on and learn to love a single, unattached life, which also has it's benefits. Oxytocin blockers in the short term would be helpful though, breakups really suck for a few months. After you've been through it a few times, you become a lot more guarded, and it hurts a lot less to split with someone. Still though, the initial split is really difficult.

Edited by WoIverine, 24 July 2013 - 02:53 PM.

#15    LostSouls7

LostSouls7

Lost Ghost

• 1,330 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 02:52 PM

It's never wise to give another soul...
power over you happiness or your heart.....

If you never give them that power.. they can never break you heart...
also who is truly worth of you loving them so deeply?

I think it's all tricks of the mind... all in the mind.. none of it is real....
just chemicals... and thoughts flowing...
what they once thought was magic is simply science..
but it can be controled and manipulated to your will....

love does not conquer all...
it only conquers the weak minded...

Scary story about being scratched at 5 AM. Real demon attack story!
https://www.youtube....h?v=_Kzw8RRFsMQ

My collection of true and fiction ghost and ouija stories, horror movie reviews etc.
http://ouijaghosts.blogspot.com/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users