Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * - 1 votes

'Russia Will Not Hand Him Over'

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 39,711 posts

• In a flat world there is an explanation to everything.

Posted 24 July 2013 - 05:18 PM

Spiegel said:

Now that Russian authorities have provided him with papers, Edward Snowden will soon be able to leave the transit zone of the Moscow airport, where he has been holed up for weeks. In an interview, his lawyer discusses the whistleblower's plans and how Russia is testing the US.

For weeks, Edward Snowden has been stuck at Moscow's Sheremetyevo International Airport. Now, the waiting appears to be almost over. Russia's immigration service has ended its first review of his asylum application and provided Snowden with documents that will give him permission to move freely within Russia for now. A final decision on whether Russia will provide the whistleblower with a safe harbor is expected to be made within the coming months, the amount of time generally required to consider asylum applications.

In an interview with SPIEGEL ONLINE, Snowden's lawyer, Anatoly Kucherena, discusses the 30-year-old's worries and how Snowden spent his time in recent weeks. "He surfed the Web a lot and chatted with his friends," the Russian said. The lawyer also clarified that the United States has so far made no extradition request for his client, which has come as a surprise, but said that the US Embassy has expressed a desire to meet with him.

Read more

A skeptic is a well informed believer and a pessimist a well informed optimist
The most dangerous views of the world are from those who have never seen it. ~ Alexander v. Humboldt
If you want to bulls**t me please do it so that it takes me more than a minute to find out

about me

#2    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 17,764 posts

• I count him braver who overcomes his desires than him who conquers his enemies for the hardest victory is over SELF.
    Aristotle

Posted 24 July 2013 - 05:29 PM

Living in Sheremetyevo II for weeks is probably punishment enough...it ain't much of an airport....

We've cast the world, we've set the stage,
  for what could be, the darkest age...
“This is like playing poker with a guy who cheated you twice before. You know who does that, a moron.

#3    Mr.United_Nations

Mr.United_Nations

hi

• 9,304 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 05:56 PM

Apprently his lawyer says it has not happened yet

#4    Stardrive

Stardrive

Resident Bass Guitarist

• 3,274 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 06:13 PM

The problem with granting safe haven to a whistle blower is, old habits die hard. But if they want to grant him asylum there, that's thier business. Once a songbird, always a songbird. Let the good times roll.

Posted Image

#5    ninjadude

ninjadude

Seeker of truths

• 11,278 posts

• "dirt collects at the interfaces"

Posted 24 July 2013 - 08:45 PM

View PostStardrive, on 24 July 2013 - 06:13 PM, said:

The problem with granting safe haven to a whistle blower is, old habits die hard. But if they want to grant him asylum there, that's thier business. Once a songbird, always a songbird. Let the good times roll.

You talk like Whistle blowing is a bad thing

"Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it. Begin it now!""
- Friedrich Nietzsche

#6    Jeremiah65

Jeremiah65

Seeker of knowledge

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,097 posts

• "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." Aristotle

Posted 24 July 2013 - 09:37 PM

Interesting developments...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Sorry....couldn't resist...the Putin memes crack me up....

"Liberty means responsibility.  That is why most men dread it."  George Bernard Shaw
"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it."  Thomas Jefferson

Posted Image

#7    Thanato

Thanato

Alien Abducter

• 5,163 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 10:44 AM

Russia has no legal obligation to hand him over.

"Your toast has been burnt, and no amount of scrapping will remove the black parts!" ~Caboose

"I will eat your unhappyness!" ~Caboose

"Freedom isn't bought in stores, it is bought on battlefields." ~Thanato

#8    preacherman76

preacherman76

Ntwadumela- He who greets with fire

• 12,651 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 12:18 PM

I seriously hope they never catch up to him, no matter where he ends up. If I was him id feel very betrayed by the America public. Most people are questioning whether or not HE is the criminal. Makes me want to puke.

Some things are true, even if you dont believe them.

#9    Babe Ruth

Babe Ruth

Non-Corporeal Being

• Closed
  • 8,732 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 12:35 PM

View Postpreacherman76, on 25 July 2013 - 12:18 PM, said:

I seriously hope they never catch up to him, no matter where he ends up. If I was him id feel very betrayed by the America public. Most people are questioning whether or not HE is the criminal. Makes me want to puke.

I think he understands better than anybody just how manipulated the perceptions of the american public are.  I think most polls show most americans being fairly sympathetic, but it is by a small margin.

#10    Tutankhaten-pasheri

Tutankhaten-pasheri

Buratinologist

• Banned
  • 1,637 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 12:37 PM

There is still the question of Viktor Bout. Nobody has connected this with Snowden, but if this changes, then Snowden, as I have written before, may regret flying to Moscow. I do not suggest some cold war type handover at checkpoint charlie, but sometimes things happening in unforseen and complicated means. Time will tell, soon I think.

#11    preacherman76

preacherman76

• 12,651 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 12:48 PM

View PostBabe Ruth, on 25 July 2013 - 12:35 PM, said:

I think he understands better than anybody just how manipulated the perceptions of the american public are.  I think most polls show most americans being fairly sympathetic, but it is by a small margin.

Forget sympathy. People should be infurious that we are being spyed on to the extent we are. 0bama said "you cant expect 100% privacy". Why not? What they hell does he think the 4th amendment is for? The question shouldnt be whether or not we can expect 100% privacy. The question now should be is he the right guy to make sure law abiding folks get the 100% privacy the constitution demands we get. The answer to that is obvious. Snowden shouldnt have to be living in a airport. The people who created this disaster to liberty should be behind bars.

#12    Tutankhaten-pasheri

Tutankhaten-pasheri

Buratinologist

• Banned
  • 1,637 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 12:53 PM

View PostJeremiah65, on 24 July 2013 - 09:37 PM, said:

Interesting developments...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Sorry....couldn't resist...the Putin memes crack me up....
Tame to what is on Russian social networks :)

#13    Jeremiah65

Jeremiah65

Seeker of knowledge

• Banned
  • 2,097 posts

• "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." Aristotle

Posted 25 July 2013 - 01:44 PM

What I am fuming about today is the fact the House voted against the Amendment that would de-fund the NSA domestic surveillance if they continued to spy on Americans without probable cause.

I am going to dig up a list of who voted against it...Republicans and Democrats and start plastering it everywhere I can.  I'm going to do this so that hopefully the word will get around on who is up this coming mid-term and who does not deserve another term in office.

If the American people vote for these traitors again, they themselves are traitors by default.

Edit to add:

Found it.

It's Amendment #100 to House Bill HR 2397

http://clerk.house.g...013/roll412.xml

I am working on a .doc showing the 205 patriots and the 217 Benedict Arnolds...most of which were Republicans.

Want to know why I think that is?  It's called the Military Industrial Complex and I bet...if you had the time and resources, you would find most of the "Benedicts" are probably backdoor investors in these things,

Or get hefty campaign contributions to make sure this technology continues development....at the taxpayer expense.

I don't have time to do that kind of "investigative" work...you would think a real "journalist" would be inclined to do that...but those are an extinct species now.

Edited by Jeremiah65, 25 July 2013 - 01:58 PM.

"Liberty means responsibility.  That is why most men dread it."  George Bernard Shaw
"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it."  Thomas Jefferson

Posted Image

#14    preacherman76

preacherman76

• 12,651 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 02:16 PM

View PostJeremiah65, on 25 July 2013 - 01:44 PM, said:

What I am fuming about today is the fact the House voted against the Amendment that would de-fund the NSA domestic surveillance if they continued to spy on Americans without probable cause.

I am going to dig up a list of who voted against it...Republicans and Democrats and start plastering it everywhere I can.  I'm going to do this so that hopefully the word will get around on who is up this coming mid-term and who does not deserve another term in office.

If the American people vote for these traitors again, they themselves are traitors by default.

Edit to add:

Found it.

It's Amendment #100 to House Bill HR 2397

http://clerk.house.g...013/roll412.xml

I am working on a .doc showing the 205 patriots and the 217 Benedict Arnolds...most of which were Republicans.

Want to know why I think that is?  It's called the Military Industrial Complex and I bet...if you had the time and resources, you would find most of the "Benedicts" are probably backdoor investors in these things,

Or get hefty campaign contributions to make sure this technology continues development....at the taxpayer expense.

I don't have time to do that kind of "investigative" work...you would think a real "journalist" would be inclined to do that...but those are an extinct species now.

Amazing :angry:

#15    preacherman76

preacherman76

• 12,651 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 02:21 PM

http://www.infowars....a-surveillance/

Here is the list. 12 people didnt vote, which happens to be the margin

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users