Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Bird flocks black out Australia town

Still Waters

Thousands of birds have flocked to a town in Australia, causing power cuts and a mess, its mayor says.

Around 2,000 pink galahs and white cockatoos have descended on Boulia, Queensland, as a result of the drought, Mayor Rick Britton said.

They have been perching on power lines, causing outages when they take off, he said.

The birds may not leave until November when rain is due, he said, so "people are going to have to live with it".

http://www.bbc.co.uk...d-asia-23429674

• Like 1

ive been through something like this once, was gross, i think i got pooped on atleast 2 dozen times

• Like 1

lol!

It sounds like a real pain. I often moan about the urban sea gulls and pigeons we get here, but they don't cause havoc like that. Mind you, at least the galahs and cockatoos are prettier to look at. I agree with the mayor, they should try and sell it as some kind of attraction to local wildlife enthusiasts or something.

• Like 1

Yeah; there has been a couple of hundred black kites taken up roost in Scone, NSW, maybe due to the same cause.