Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Joe Rogan questions human/bf hybrid tonight

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#1    QuiteContrary

QuiteContrary

BugWhisperer

• 4,477 posts

• "I'm an optimistic, don't know." Onslow

Posted 24 July 2013 - 11:49 PM

On his new show on SyFyHD tonight...

Should be amusing, hopefully pretty funny, and he's not afraid to ask some real questions...

Keep your eyes wide open and don't run!

P.S. Just to be clear, because sometimes I am not. I do not believe...
in the existence of a large previously unknown undiscovered hairy biped roaming North America.
But I like to hear the accounts, read the books, watch the shows, discuss and argue about the phenomenon.

#2    ReaperS_ParadoX

ReaperS_ParadoX

“What’s wrong with accepting madness?

• 2,520 posts

• The boundaries which divide Life from Death are at best shadowy and vague. Who shall say where the one ends, and where the other begins?

Posted 24 July 2013 - 11:50 PM

I'm excited

COME WITH ME. OVERWHELMING POWER AND MADNESS AWAIT

THAT IS NOT DEAD WHICH CAN ETERNAL LIE AND WITH STRANGE AEONS EVEN DEATH MAY DIE

#3    rashore

rashore

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,516 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 12:04 AM

Um, like questions the existence of such a thing, or asks questions to such a thing? The title isn't really clear.

#4    QuiteContrary

QuiteContrary

BugWhisperer

• 4,477 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 12:38 AM

View Postrashore, on 25 July 2013 - 12:04 AM, said:

Um, like questions the existence of such a thing, or asks questions to such a thing? The title isn't really clear.

Don't know. I'ts a crap shoot. Entertainingly interesting? Hilariously stupid? Just plain dumb?
But I'll give him a shot, anyway.

in the existence of a large previously unknown undiscovered hairy biped roaming North America.
But I like to hear the accounts, read the books, watch the shows, discuss and argue about the phenomenon.

#5    keninsc

keninsc

Poltergeist

• Validating
  • 3,234 posts

• The problem with people who have no vices is that generally you can be pretty sure they're going to have some pretty annoying virtues. Liz Taylor

Posted 25 July 2013 - 01:05 AM

Crap, I'm working tonight. Hopefully I can catch it another time.

#6    QuiteContrary

QuiteContrary

BugWhisperer

• 4,477 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 09:25 AM

Bleh. Dull. Nothing new. Anyone who has followed bigfootery for a  time could have written the episode.
Dr. Todd Disotell's (anthropologist at NYU) response to the latest DNA evidence:

"They used some of the latest cutting edge science....those are real technologies and potentially real data.... They don't show any of the raw data. They just sort of tell their results. Their conclusions do not logically follow from the data. Their conclusions are invalid...I couldn't follow three quarters of that paper."

Edited by QuiteContrary, 25 July 2013 - 09:25 AM.

#7    keninsc

keninsc

Poltergeist

• Validating
  • 3,234 posts

• The problem with people who have no vices is that generally you can be pretty sure they're going to have some pretty annoying virtues. Liz Taylor

Posted 25 July 2013 - 11:00 AM

Was it really that bad?

#8    Rafterman

Rafterman

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,017 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 11:01 AM

I agree, nothing really new.  But I was entertained.

Can't wait for the HARRP episode.

"You can't have freedom of religion without having freedom from the religious beliefs of other people."

#9    QuiteContrary

QuiteContrary

BugWhisperer

• 4,477 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 08:03 PM

View Postkeninsc, on 25 July 2013 - 11:00 AM, said:

Was it really that bad?

My personal take:
Well, Rogan's "BS meter" did go off while listening to the the Sierra Sounds recording. And Rogan did get Disotell to call a certain DNA study "crazy". But, other than that, Rogan wasn't very skeptical and didn't ask or show us anything we haven't seen or heard many times before. He was more of a bigfoot newbie bringing up old points and asking old questions, for the audience.
The show just wasn't for me, because it sadly wasn't even humorous.
Maybe it improves with other episodes? I just expected more humor and bolder questions.

Edited by QuiteContrary, 25 July 2013 - 08:08 PM.

#10    PlanB

PlanB

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 724 posts

• Find out what you love and let it kill you.

Posted 25 July 2013 - 11:29 PM

There was a point when they were about to retrieve audio data and Joe asked the BF researcher "How freaked out would you be if you heard in a non-human voice, 'You're never going to catch me, b****'". Thought that was pretty funny.

I think it's Joe's style to re-explain what seems obvious to the initiated. He does it when it calls fights in the UFC as well. I didn't mind it too much and I'm sure I'll appreciate it when they broach a topic I'm not as familier with.

Also laughed at Duncan's crypto-duck story.

#11    QuiteContrary

QuiteContrary

BugWhisperer

• 4,477 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 12:39 AM

Haha, yeah that was good, but I was expecting something different. It's more serious, BTDT, and less skeptical than I had hoped.

Edited by QuiteContrary, 26 July 2013 - 12:41 AM.

#12    ReaperS_ParadoX

ReaperS_ParadoX

“What’s wrong with accepting madness?

• 2,520 posts

• The boundaries which divide Life from Death are at best shadowy and vague. Who shall say where the one ends, and where the other begins?

Posted 26 July 2013 - 01:59 PM

View PostRafterman, on 25 July 2013 - 11:01 AM, said:

I agree, nothing really new.  But I was entertained.

Can't wait for the HARRP episode.
Yeah that one looks like its gonna be good

COME WITH ME. OVERWHELMING POWER AND MADNESS AWAIT

THAT IS NOT DEAD WHICH CAN ETERNAL LIE AND WITH STRANGE AEONS EVEN DEATH MAY DIE

#13    Sakari

Sakari

tohi

• 11,775 posts

• Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Posted 01 August 2013 - 01:09 AM

I have not seen this posted, and it was a re-run, but not to old.....If this is posted someone please report it and have it deleted. Thank you.

Now if not, I liked how he did it, in a way.

One part where the team researching ( he was with them ) did something very stupid, and you could hear them say " we will have to pay a lot to get these guys to edit that out ".....

And, the DNA dude, in the lab.....Joe asked him about Ketchums DNA ( it was obvious ), and that guy explained how wrong they did it, and basically said they are " crazy ".....They want to find bigfoot so bad, they are looking for it, even if it is not there.

Anyway, here is the full episode......I fell asleep through it.

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

http://petsupports.com/a04/sakari.htm

#14    QuiteContrary

QuiteContrary

BugWhisperer

• 4,477 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 01:17 AM

I already posted it, but your OP is better and you have the episode. So I hope no one deletes it. I thought it was uneventful and not skeptical myself, except for the DNA guy and Rogan's "BS meter" going off on the Samurai Chatter tapes.
I'd hoped Rogan was tougher, funnier, and had some new angle.

Edited by QuiteContrary, 01 August 2013 - 01:18 AM.

#15    Sakari

Sakari

tohi

• 11,775 posts

• Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Posted 01 August 2013 - 01:24 AM

View PostQuiteContrary, on 01 August 2013 - 01:17 AM, said:

I already posted it, but your OP is better and you have the episode. So I hope no one deletes it. I thought it was uneventful and not skeptical myself, except for the DNA guy and Rogan's "BS meter" going off on the Samurai Chatter tapes.
I'd hoped Rogan was tougher, funnier, and had some new angle.

Me too....He was bought out.

If you listen to his philosophy recordings, he is straight forward. That was not Joe Rogan I saw.

I will report and ask for them to be merged.

Sorry about that...Last week, and the week before I had other things on my mind :)

No TV for me.

Edited by Sakari, 01 August 2013 - 01:27 AM.

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

http://petsupports.com/a04/sakari.htm

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users