Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Poltergeist activity caught on shop CCTV ?

• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

#1    Saru

Saru

Site Webmaster

• 19,817 posts

• "The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious." - Albert Einstein

Posted 25 July 2013 - 01:04 PM

A video has surfaced on the Internet that appears to show items in a shop moving by themselves.

Your Canterbury said:

A remarkable video which appears to show a poltergeist in a Whitstable shop is proving an internet sensation. The clip on YouTube films security footage apparently taken at the Whitstable Nutrition Centre. As a shopper browses, a box emerges from the shelf behind him and hovers in the air.

Posted Image Read more...

#2    Junior Chubb

Junior Chubb

Spectating

• 4,729 posts

• I am Junior Chubb, son of the Chubb, father of Chubb III

Posted 25 July 2013 - 01:37 PM

Great video... :)

For some reason I have not suddenly become a believer though...

I've flown from one side of this galaxy to the other. I've seen a lot of strange stuff, but I've never seen anything to make me believe there's one all-powerful Force controlling everything. There's no mystical energy field that controls my destiny. Anyway, it's all a lot of simple tricks and nonsense.

#3    Jacques Terreur

Jacques Terreur

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 957 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 01:38 PM

hahaha, cool. If that's not a prank by the bored supermarket staff, it's a neat video...

#4    Calibeliever

Calibeliever

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 517 posts

• The greatest of faults, I should say, is to be conscious of none. - Thomas Carlyle

Posted 25 July 2013 - 02:51 PM

Ever a sceptic but ... If that was CG, that "customer" did a great acting job. *stumped*

#5    rashore

rashore

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,516 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 02:52 PM

Lol, that is such a setup. Pretty obvious the guy in the aisle is being hoaxed. But I'm not sure if the people commenting are in on it, and commenting to make it seem more "real", or if they are being hoaxed as well.

#6    minera

minera

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 544 posts

• There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,: Than are dreamed of in your philosophy. Act II, scene 2:.. Hamlet

Posted 25 July 2013 - 03:22 PM

I have had things like that happen in my own home. Very unnerving to say the least.Not so funny if it happens to you...

#7    phantasia

phantasia

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 503 posts

• "Education has failed in a very serious way to convey the most important lesson science can teach: skepticism."
    DAVID SUZUKI

Posted 25 July 2013 - 03:34 PM

You can see something pushing the pink box out at 14 seconds.  Looks like a hoax to me.

Edited by phantasia, 25 July 2013 - 04:04 PM.

The truth need never fear ridicule.  ~ Sir Wearer of Hats

Psychosocial hypothesis in Ufology : http://en.wikipedia....cial_hypothesis

#8    Jacques Terreur

Jacques Terreur

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 957 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 03:37 PM

View Postrashore, on 25 July 2013 - 02:52 PM, said:

Lol, that is such a setup. Pretty obvious the guy in the aisle is being hoaxed. But I'm not sure if the people commenting are in on it, and commenting to make it seem more "real", or if they are being hoaxed as well.

hehehe....that was my first thought, too. Somebody's playing a prank. Beavis & Butthead meets Ghostbusters....

#9    scowl

scowl

Photographic Phraud

• 4,057 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 03:45 PM

View Postminera, on 25 July 2013 - 03:22 PM, said:

I have had things like that happen in my own home. Very unnerving to say the least.Not so funny if it happens to you...
Set up a video camera. It will never happen again.

#10    kannin

kannin

Punisher of the wicked

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,765 posts

• the secret to change is to focus all of your energy,not fighting the old, but building the new

Posted 25 July 2013 - 03:57 PM

def a prank, easy to spot too

#11    Calibeliever

Calibeliever

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 517 posts

• The greatest of faults, I should say, is to be conscious of none. - Thomas Carlyle

Posted 25 July 2013 - 04:15 PM

View Postphantasia, on 25 July 2013 - 03:34 PM, said:

You can see something pushing the pink box out at 14 seconds.  Looks like a hoax to me.
You've got better eyes than me. I also think hoax but I blew it up and I still can't see any masking while it's floating there. Plus, I'd think the guy would have reacted to a hand sticking out of the shelf holding a box ... It feels like a setup but the closer I look the more I go hmmph.

#12    kannin

kannin

Punisher of the wicked

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,765 posts

• the secret to change is to focus all of your energy,not fighting the old, but building the new

Posted 25 July 2013 - 04:22 PM

i can see it too, if it isnt a prank though and there isnt anything moving it, it would be pretty convincing, just saying

happiness can be found in the darkest of times, only if one remembers to turn on the light

#13    phantasia

phantasia

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 503 posts

• "Education has failed in a very serious way to convey the most important lesson science can teach: skepticism."
    DAVID SUZUKI

Posted 25 July 2013 - 04:48 PM

Posted Image

I captured a frame, if you look closely you can see something pinkish pushing out the box

Edited by phantasia, 25 July 2013 - 04:49 PM.

The truth need never fear ridicule.  ~ Sir Wearer of Hats

Psychosocial hypothesis in Ufology : http://en.wikipedia....cial_hypothesis

#14    pallidin

pallidin

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,151 posts

• "When life gets you down... swim with a dolphin"

Posted 25 July 2013 - 04:57 PM

Huh. Hard to tell these days what's real and what's not.

The voice reactions do not bother me, as it seems it was an "after-the-fact" viewing by another employee(or friend) narrated by the male who previously apparently discovered and viewed this.

I don't know. I give it a 50/50

#15    sam_comm

sam_comm

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 667 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 05:08 PM

I agree with pallidin,

It's a though call and I can't say it's real but this is interesting. I do think that the polteigeist phenomenon is real and that it is some kind of psychic disturbance that could in some cases, being amplified by entities.

Anyway, I fear that even though it was real and not a hoax, people wouldn't say ''at last here is a real proof!'' and I understand that because there is so many fake video and pictures that you just can't know for sure unless there were witnesses who saw this with their own eyes that can corroborate or you were there yourself. So, it's possible that we dismiss some legiti phenomenon but it is difficult to compromise ourselves and give our supports to something we can't hardly trust.

Edited by sam_comm, 25 July 2013 - 05:15 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users