Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * - 1 votes

Bank mistakenly repossesses woman's home

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1    Heru

Heru

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 828 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 01:45 PM

If your in Ohio don't or stop doing business with First National bank of Wellston. When a home owner was on vacation First National was in her neighborhood to reposes a home. They changed her locks and took her possessions in her home. Thing is she has no dealings with the bank and the bank repossessed the wrong house. Which they blame on GPS, it gave them the wrong coordinates.  So she went to the bank's president with a bill for $18,000 to reimburse her for the stuff they took.
Well this is what happened: “He got very firm with me and said, ‘We’re not paying you retail here, that’s just the way it is"

http://news.yahoo.co...-172941826.html

Edited by Saru, 25 July 2013 - 01:52 PM.
Title edited to match source article

#2    Purifier

Purifier

Psychic Eye

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,909 posts

• Wild Card

Posted 25 July 2013 - 01:59 PM

Boycott First National bank of Wellston. Check! They are now on my list. ;)

Anybody else? I've already got Wal-Marts, Mcdonalds and Green Tree on my list.

Study the past, if you would divine the future.
- Confucius

#3    rashore

rashore

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,619 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 02:37 PM

Ugh, why would the depend solely on GPS? They for sure don't always work- almost all GPS puts my home in the middle of a nearby highway. But you would think they would also rely on, I dunno, the address on the house? I hope the lady gets her stuff back.

#4    Rafterman

Rafterman

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,115 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 04:50 PM

As soon as he said no, the next person he would have been talking to would have been my lawyer.  I'm sure there are many that would love a case like this.

"You can't have freedom of religion without having freedom from the religious beliefs of other people."

#5    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

Sarcastic Muppet..!

• 51,193 posts

• "I hate pretentious people. I mean, what is the point in applying exorbitantly extensive vocabulary, it is just straightforwardly unnecessary".

Posted 25 July 2013 - 05:49 PM

With a case like that, you don't negotiate you litigate.

Posted ImageRAW Berris... Dare you enter?

If there's a heaven...I hope to hell I get there !

#6    preacherman76

preacherman76

Humble Servent

• 10,621 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 10:20 PM

View PostBeckys_Mom, on 25 July 2013 - 05:49 PM, said:

With a case like that, you don't negotiate you litigate.

Exactly, and you go for alot more the 18 grand

Some things are true, even if you dont believe them.

#7    DecoNoir

DecoNoir

The Entertainer

• 2,274 posts

• ... The Aristocrats.

Posted 25 July 2013 - 10:30 PM

Sure blame the GPS when you're clearly too damn stupid to check the damn address on the front of the house.

I hate people sometimes... I need jokes now.

I reject your reality, and substitute my own! Mostly because yours is boring as hell.

#8    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

Sarcastic Muppet..!

• 51,193 posts

• "I hate pretentious people. I mean, what is the point in applying exorbitantly extensive vocabulary, it is just straightforwardly unnecessary".

Posted 25 July 2013 - 11:55 PM

View Postpreacherman76, on 25 July 2013 - 10:20 PM, said:

Exactly, and you go for alot more the 18 grand

Indeed, A hell of a lot more, up to 5 times the amount... For breaking in, and grand theft, along with with stress and hardship, you can clean their clocks with this easy...

Posted ImageRAW Berris... Dare you enter?

If there's a heaven...I hope to hell I get there !

#9    Michelle

Michelle

Forum Divinity

• 14,451 posts

• Eleanor Roosevelt: Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.

Posted 26 July 2013 - 12:46 AM

Imagine the personal pictures and keepsakes that were thrown away and can't be replaced. I would be livid!

#10    Odin11

Odin11

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 830 posts

• I like your Christ.
    I do not like your Christians.
    They are so unlike your Christ.
    -Gandhi-

Posted 26 July 2013 - 03:54 AM

This is breaking in, theft, and vandalism, no if ands or buts about it. How have the people responsible not been arrested? She should go for more them 18 grand.

I would sue for over 100 grand alone, for my grandfather’s war log from WWII being gone. I think with all the family heirlooms I have [I’m the prince of the family (the last and only male that can pass on our name) and in my family that means I’m responsible for all of the original pictures going back generations and the male family heirlooms.] plus all of the other things, my price for the bank would be closer to half a million dollars and thats being reasonable.

Edited by Odin11, 26 July 2013 - 03:57 AM.

"If we believe absurdities, we shall commit atrocities." -Voltaire

Geology shows that fossils are of different ages. Paleontology shows a fossil sequence, the list of species represented changes through time. Taxonomy shows biological relationships among species. Evolution is the explanation that threads it all together. Creationism is the practice of squeezing one's eyes shut and wailing "Does not!" ~Author Unknown

#11    Michelle

Michelle

Forum Divinity

• 14,451 posts

• Eleanor Roosevelt: Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.

Posted 26 July 2013 - 04:02 AM

View PostOdin11, on 26 July 2013 - 03:54 AM, said:

This is breaking in, theft, and vandalism, no if ands or buts about it. How have the people responsible not been arrested? She should go for more them 18 grand.

I would sue for over 100 grand alone, for my grandfather’s war log from WWII being gone. I think with all the family heirlooms I have [I’m the prince of the family (the last and only male that can pass on our name) and in my family that means I’m responsible for all of the original pictures going back generations and the male family heirlooms.] plus all of the other things, my price for the bank would be closer to half a million.

Ditto...I'm the last of my family line and I've been the one to hold on to all of the memorabilia, because others couldn't be bothered with it. :tu:

#12    Odin11

Odin11

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 830 posts

• I like your Christ.
    -Gandhi-

Posted 26 July 2013 - 04:48 AM

View PostMichelle, on 26 July 2013 - 04:02 AM, said:

Ditto...I'm the last of my family line and I've been the one to hold on to all of the memorabilia, because others couldn't be bothered with it. :tu:

It's not that others in my family can't be bothered with it, for us its a tradition that my aunts and uncles tried to stop but my grandfather was smart and knew that some of the others could not be trusted. And man was he right, one of my cousins stole one of my grandfather's silver wings from WWII and sold it for beer money (cost me $200 dollars to get it back, grandpa did not want me to call the cops). He knew I would never sell anything no matter what and gave me everything, much to the objection of my aunts and uncles who wanted them for my cousins.

Sorry for going off topic.

Edited by Odin11, 26 July 2013 - 05:11 AM.

Geology shows that fossils are of different ages. Paleontology shows a fossil sequence, the list of species represented changes through time. Taxonomy shows biological relationships among species. Evolution is the explanation that threads it all together. Creationism is the practice of squeezing one's eyes shut and wailing "Does not!" ~Author Unknown

#13    Michelle

Michelle

Forum Divinity

• 14,451 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 05:16 AM

View PostOdin11, on 26 July 2013 - 04:48 AM, said:

It's not that others in my family can't be bothered with it, for us its a tradition that my aunts and uncles tried to stop but my grandfather was smart and knew that some of the others could not be trusted. And man was he right, one of my cousins stole one of my grandfather's silver wings from WWII and sold it for beer money (cost me $200 dollars to get it back, grandpa did not want me to call the cops). He knew I would never sell anything no matter what and give me everything, much to the objection of my aunts and uncles who wanted them for my cousins.

Sorry for going off topic.

I know what you mean. If someone didn't sell it for the money, they moved around so much they didn't want to lug everything from place to place, because they aren't as sentimental as I am. Even personal letters mean a lot to me, that have no monetary value at all. The history is more important to me than anything else.

#14    Odin11

Odin11

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 830 posts

• I like your Christ.
    -Gandhi-

Posted 26 July 2013 - 05:27 AM

View PostMichelle, on 26 July 2013 - 05:16 AM, said:

I know what you mean. If someone didn't sell it for the money, they moved around so much they didn't want to lug everything from place to place, because they aren't as sentimental as I am. Even personal letters mean a lot to me, that have no monetary value at all. The history is more important to me than anything else.

I agree 100%. I have letters from my grandma to my grandpa when he was a POW in Germany during WWII, this is how they met, though letters (this is a very good story and I'm trying to write a book about it and maybe a screen play as well). His POW war log and letters are the most important things I own. Everything else means nothing when compared to them. I would be devastated if a bank took them or threw them away and would not be in my right mind, I don’t know what I would do but it would not be good.

Edited by Odin11, 26 July 2013 - 05:30 AM.

#15    Michelle

Michelle

Forum Divinity

• 14,451 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 05:48 AM

View PostOdin11, on 26 July 2013 - 05:27 AM, said:

I agree 100%. I have letters from my grandma to my grandpa when he was a POW in Germany during WWII, this is how they met, though letters (this is a very good story and I'm trying to write a book about it and maybe a screen play as well). His POW war log and letters are the most important things I own. Everything else means nothing when compared to them. I would be devastated if a bank took them or threw them away and would not be in my right mind, I don’t know what I would do but it would not be good.

I would love to read it..it sounds fascinating!

I can honestly say, if someone invaded my home, and threw away things that I deem important, it wouldn't be a pleasant outcome. :tu:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users