Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

The Cow as a Deity

• Please log in to reply
80 replies to this topic

#1    ReaperS_ParadoX

ReaperS_ParadoX

“What’s wrong with accepting madness?

• 2,520 posts

• The boundaries which divide Life from Death are at best shadowy and vague. Who shall say where the one ends, and where the other begins?

Posted 25 July 2013 - 08:41 PM

In my opinion the cow was seen as so sacred a creature because of what grew in its scat, Magic Mushrooms.  I know a lot of people of ancient times held the cow as basically a god, and thought high of it.

So what do you guys think, could it be as simple as I'm thinking or is there more to it?

COME WITH ME. OVERWHELMING POWER AND MADNESS AWAIT

THAT IS NOT DEAD WHICH CAN ETERNAL LIE AND WITH STRANGE AEONS EVEN DEATH MAY DIE

#2    Ever Learning

Ever Learning

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,511 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 09:00 PM

they also are revered because of the milk the give us, taking nothing in return, or something like that. apparently magic mushrooms dont grow on skat but grow close by.

www.paranormaltales.boards.net

#3    ReaperS_ParadoX

ReaperS_ParadoX

• 2,520 posts

• The boundaries which divide Life from Death are at best shadowy and vague. Who shall say where the one ends, and where the other begins?

Posted 25 July 2013 - 09:09 PM

Mushrooms generally grow out of cow dung because the cow consumes the spores of these mushrooms while grazing, the spores survive the digestion and are deposited in the scat. Cow dung is also used as a fertilizer.  I know they grow in the cow poop because Iv seen them growing in cow poop. But the ancients were sure to have seen these mushrooms growing, and most likely TRIED them.  Once they figured out the powers these mushrooms had on the brain I guarantee you they would wanna do it again

Edited by R4z3rsPar4d0x, 25 July 2013 - 09:13 PM.

THAT IS NOT DEAD WHICH CAN ETERNAL LIE AND WITH STRANGE AEONS EVEN DEATH MAY DIE

#4    moonshadow60

moonshadow60

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 710 posts

• "There comes a time when you have to choose between turning the page or just closing the book"... James Wilson

Posted 25 July 2013 - 09:35 PM

I don't think it has anything to do with psychedelic mushrooms.  Cows provide an awful lot to India's people without being slaughtered for food.  They give milk products and their dung is used for fuel.

#5    Aggie

Aggie

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 681 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 09:39 PM

Well, never knew that about magic mushrooms!!

Hindus consider cows deities cause they act as our 'surrogate' mothers by feeding us with their milk (cow's gestational period is practically the same as humans).

No matter what happens....never stop believing in people.....never stop believing in love♥♥

#6    Mystic Crusader

Mystic Crusader

Psychic Spy

• 2,008 posts

• "What would you rather be, a bus driver, or a super terrorist?"

Posted 25 July 2013 - 09:56 PM

Only the bulls are revered, because they are viewed as one of the most powerful animals on the planet, it's about strength, not magic mushrooms.

I personally don't worship something because of strength, I think it is just too primitive.

Drunk with blood..
Danger cult leaders
Jewish gematria # 1162:
Who is like God
The epitome of evil

#7    ReaperS_ParadoX

ReaperS_ParadoX

• 2,520 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 09:57 PM

View PostMystic Crusader, on 25 July 2013 - 09:56 PM, said:

Only the bulls are revered, because they are viewed as one of the most powerful animals on the planet, it's about strength, not magic mushrooms.

I personally don't worship something because of strength, I think it is just too primitive.
Not to mention cows aren't the strongest animal in the world

#8    ReaperS_ParadoX

ReaperS_ParadoX

• 2,520 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 09:59 PM

View Postmoonshadow60, on 25 July 2013 - 09:35 PM, said:

I don't think it has anything to do with psychedelic mushrooms.  Cows provide an awful lot to India's people without being slaughtered for food.  They give milk products and their dung is used for fuel.
So they only use cow dung over there for fuel? there not depended on gasoline?

#9    moonshadow60

moonshadow60

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 710 posts

• "There comes a time when you have to choose between turning the page or just closing the book"... James Wilson

Posted 25 July 2013 - 10:35 PM

The poor do.  They dry it and burn the dried patties to cook their food.  I am of course talking about fuel in the sense of cooking, not driving a car.  The poor have no cars.

Edited by moonshadow60, 25 July 2013 - 10:35 PM.

#10    ReaperS_ParadoX

ReaperS_ParadoX

• 2,520 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 10:36 PM

View Postmoonshadow60, on 25 July 2013 - 10:35 PM, said:

The poor do.  They dry it and burn the dried patties.
How does it work I wonder, because if its better that could solve the whole gas crisis

#11    moonshadow60

moonshadow60

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 710 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 10:39 PM

http://www.appropedi...led_by_Cow_Dung

#12    Mystic Crusader

Mystic Crusader

Psychic Spy

• 2,008 posts

• "What would you rather be, a bus driver, or a super terrorist?"

Posted 25 July 2013 - 10:57 PM

View PostR4z3rsPar4d0x, on 25 July 2013 - 09:57 PM, said:

Not to mention cows aren't the strongest animal in the world

I didn't say they where.

Drunk with blood..
Danger cult leaders
Jewish gematria # 1162:
Who is like God
The epitome of evil

#13    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 16,065 posts

• Hey, I'm not wrong. I'm just not completely right.

Posted 26 July 2013 - 01:55 AM

Though apparently the psychodelic mushrooms are found world wide, there is no scientific note of them in the old world till around 1800. I've also not heard of any old world religion or ceremony that uses mushrooms. So, IMHO, I think that the idea has very little merit to it. These mushrooms will grow in just about anything, but they are grown in cow dung today, because the dung is practically free, while comparable store bought growing medium would cost a couple dollars a pound.

Most European cattle religions were formed when there were still Aurochs roaming Europe, which were much larger and stronger (Aguably the largest/strongest species in Europe) then any other form of cattle.

Here at Intel we make processors on 12 inch wafers. And, the individual processors on the wafers are called die. And, I am employed to check these die. That is why I am the DieChecker.

At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Qualifications? This is cryptozoology, dammit! All that is required is the spirit of adventure. - Night Walker

#14    lightly

lightly

metaphysical therapist

• 5,426 posts

• "The future ain't what it used to be"
    Yogi Berra

Posted 26 July 2013 - 11:31 AM

http://www.newscient...ml#.UfJaV6luh5g
  "EUROPEANS may have used magic mushrooms to liven up religious rituals 6000 years ago. So suggests a cave mural in Spain, which may depict fungi with hallucinogenic properties - the oldest evidence of their use in Europe."

Important:  The above may contain errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and other limitations.

#15    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 16,065 posts

• Hey, I'm not wrong. I'm just not completely right.

Posted 26 July 2013 - 03:58 PM

View Postlightly, on 26 July 2013 - 11:31 AM, said:

http://www.newscient...ml#.UfJaV6luh5g
  "EUROPEANS may have used magic mushrooms to liven up religious rituals 6000 years ago. So suggests a cave mural in Spain, which may depict fungi with hallucinogenic properties - the oldest evidence of their use in Europe."
That is still a "maybe". If various religions were based on it, we'd expect much wider evidence of usage.

Here at Intel we make processors on 12 inch wafers. And, the individual processors on the wafers are called die. And, I am employed to check these die. That is why I am the DieChecker.

At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Qualifications? This is cryptozoology, dammit! All that is required is the spirit of adventure. - Night Walker

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users