Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Near-death experience

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1    UM-Bot

UM-Bot

News, media and articles

• 6,196 posts

• Beep Boop

Posted 26 July 2013 - 10:36 AM

<strong class='bbc'>Image credit: sxc.hu</strong>
Image credit: sxc.hu
Mark Dohle: For the past 30 years the NDE (near-death-experience) has been of great interest to me.  I think it is an important development in our culture due to our medical sophistication that allows many people to be brought back from the brink of death.  Millions actually, in the United States alone 13 million according to P.M.H. Atwater in her book "The big book of Near-death-experiences".  Of course the number is most likely much higher.  I think it is something that needs to be attended to, and is of course being done, studied by an ever expanding number of people.  I think one of the reasons that the belief in another life and in the Transcendent is so universal, is due to the fact that this kind of experience has been going on for all of mankind's history.  Today perhaps we just need to be pounded over the head about this reality; something is trying to get our attention.  Perhaps because we now have the ability to destroy ourselves, something not possible in the not so distant past but a very real threat today.

Posted Image View: Full Article

This is an official comment thread for a main site news story, article or video.
Please keep comments civil and on topic.
Thank you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users