Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * - - 4 votes

Gangs Have Increased By 40 % Since Obama

• Please log in to reply
103 replies to this topic

#16    HerNibs

HerNibs

Grand Duchess Anaesthesia

• 12,208 posts

• Endless repetition does not make something true.

Posted 27 July 2013 - 01:03 AM

Posted Image
  • Over the past decade, annual estimates of the number of gangs have averaged around 25,000 nationally.
  • Following a yearly decline from 1996 to a low in 2003, annual estimates steadily increased through 2011.
  • The most recent estimate of nearly 30,000 gangs represents a 12 percent increase from 2006 and is the highest annual estimate since 1997.
  • Source
  • Nibs

Just because it is a mystery to YOU doesn't make it unexplained.

STORM - a must watch - caution, some profanity and may cause you to experience reason.

#17    EllJay

EllJay

Poltergeist

• 2,666 posts

• Today We Are Creating Tomorrow's Yesterday

Posted 27 July 2013 - 02:04 AM

View PostF3SS, on 26 July 2013 - 06:43 PM, said:

Everything that sucks has increased by 40% under Obama.

Hoovers and hookers. Yay!

"Opinions are like a**holes, everyone seems to have one" - Dirty Harry

"All those who believe in psychokinesis, raise my hand... "

"I have a black belt in Feng Shui, the subtle martial art. I go home to you and move a lamp and a chair... twelve years later you lay there on the floor with broken kneecaps and destitute."

#18    lightly

lightly

metaphysical therapist

• 6,066 posts

• "The future ain't what it used to be"
    Yogi Berra

Posted 27 July 2013 - 12:42 PM

View Posttapirmusic, on 26 July 2013 - 10:20 PM, said:

Well, Politifact is funded by the Annenberg Foundation which is focused on "Environmental Stewardship and Social Justice."

This tells me that nothing on politifact can be trusted since they are funded by a radical left-wing source.

If environmental stewardship and social justice are considered  radically left wing...   no wonder things are so screwed up.

Important:  The above may contain errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and other limitations.

#19    F3SS

F3SS

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,584 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 03:46 PM

Environmental stewardship is ok to an extent. Social justice is not ok at all.

Posted Image

#20    tapirmusic

tapirmusic

Astral Projection

• Closed
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 643 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 06:37 PM

View Postlightly, on 27 July 2013 - 12:42 PM, said:

If environmental stewardship and social justice are considered  radically left wing...   no wonder things are so screwed up.

Both "environmental stewardship' and 'social justice' share the same ultimate goal.  They are communist buzzwords each with the intent of shaking down the rich.

Savy

#21    ninjadude

ninjadude

Seeker of truths

• 11,047 posts

• "dirt collects at the interfaces"

Posted 27 July 2013 - 08:14 PM

View PostF3SS, on 26 July 2013 - 08:58 PM, said:

All these people are in such an uproar over one, dare I say typical, legal case of self defense in Florida. Nothing extraordinary about it

This is a false premise. It is not typical or ordinary.

"Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it. Begin it now!""
- Friedrich Nietzsche

#22    F3SS

F3SS

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,584 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 08:20 PM

View Postninjadude, on 27 July 2013 - 08:14 PM, said:

This is a false premise. It is not typical or ordinary.

Really now? Care to elaborate? I try and engage you in a real conversation and you cherry pick sentances from entire paragraphs to issue vague, unsubstantiated trolling comments.

Posted Image

#23    ninjadude

ninjadude

Seeker of truths

• 11,047 posts

• "dirt collects at the interfaces"

Posted 27 July 2013 - 08:33 PM

View PostF3SS, on 27 July 2013 - 08:20 PM, said:

Really now? Care to elaborate? I try and engage you in a real conversation and you cherry pick sentances from entire paragraphs to issue vague, unsubstantiated trolling comments.

I guess I should elaborate. Chicago is doing everything it can possibly think of to reduce gun violence. Well except declaring open season and "wild west" antics that the NRA would love. I didn't think I was cherry picking at all. You entire argument was that since the Florida thing was minor and ordinary, that Chicago should shut up and clean it's own house first. The first premise of your argument is false. Stand your ground laws are very new and in particular in Florida. They do not exist in all states. They may well be legally unhinged. Sure, the media picked this one case to exploit. But Zimmerman basically got away with murder.

"Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it. Begin it now!""
- Friedrich Nietzsche

#24    F3SS

F3SS

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,584 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 08:41 PM

View Postninjadude, on 27 July 2013 - 08:33 PM, said:

I guess I should elaborate. Chicago is doing everything it can possibly think of to reduce gun violence. Well except declaring open season and "wild west" antics that the NRA would love. I didn't think I was cherry picking at all. You entire argument was that since the Florida thing was minor and ordinary, that Chicago should shut up and clean it's own house first. The first premise of your argument is false. Stand your ground laws are very new and in particular in Florida. They do not exist in all states. They may well be legally unhinged. Sure, the media picked this one case to exploit. But Zimmerman basically got away with murder.

Wild West tactics? That is a false premise.
It's not my argument. It is my assessment of the conversation in the op. If a spectacle can be made of the Zimmerman case why is it so outlandish to question the sounds of crickets pertaining to Chicago violence and why is offensive to suggest not enough is being done? Isn't that the same thing being asked of the Zimmerman case? And, stand your ground wasn't an issue in this case. It was all about self defense. And he didn't get away with murder. You really ought to scope out my thread on juror B29 just posted today in the US&Americas thread. While you're at it check out the YouTube link I posted in the Zimmerman trial thread. It's a movie called 12 angry men. I'm sure you've heard of it but those to leads should help you understand how the Z verdict came to be. It'll be enlightening.

Posted Image

#25    Kowalski

Kowalski

The Original Penguin Conspiracy Theorist

• 4,102 posts

• It's All Some Kind Of Wacked Out Conspiracy....

Posted 27 July 2013 - 09:23 PM

View Postninjadude, on 27 July 2013 - 08:33 PM, said:

So, if someone starts pounding your head into the ground, you can't defend yourself?? People, should be able to defend themselves when being attacked!

#26    DeWitz

DeWitz

DeWitz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,639 posts

• "Follow me, it's in Room 101."
    Clyde P. Fesmire, PhD

Posted 28 July 2013 - 12:05 AM

Everything has degenerated during Obama's 4 1/2 years??? If so, and just as one example, how does one President inheriting a Republican bail-out of Wall Street which resulted in a near-Depression, with a do-nothing Congress sitting around with their thumbs up their a$&@s, facing a bunch of baseless nonsense about his birthplace and citizenship, and being half-black to boot, get anything done in this "atavisitic, revanchist, "let's revert to the Mickey Mouse Club era" nation (USA)?

If W. had been judged by the irrational stretches made Obama's current critics, he'd be drinking his alcohol and snorting his coke while hanging from  a lightpole.

[previously incarnate as 'szentgyorgy']

"Things fall apart. . . it's scientific." - Talking Heads

#27    DeWitz

DeWitz

DeWitz

• 1,639 posts

Clyde P. Fesmire, PhD

Posted 28 July 2013 - 12:20 AM

Weird math. Obama is managing an economy more that 40% destroyed by greedy Republican Wall Street to whom W. threw free money, all done before O's election. Plus, revanchist fantasists have constantly hounded Obama about his citizenship and birthplace. He is saddled with a do-nothing Congress sitting around with with thumbs up their a$%@s worried about nothing but re-election and spitting in the face of America's unemployed and under-insured. Self-absorbed "gotta-get-mine-firsters" in Congress and good-ol'-boy private life, curse Obama at every turn. National Republican figures repeat their number one goal is to get rid of Obama (used to be such losers wanted to limit him to one term; they failed with glorious ideological impotence because, they are--ideologically impotent). Obama's opponents thrive at being only opponents because they have no creative bone in any of their bodies. The can't even agree on legislation that would advance their own causes, because such might give the President slight recognition.

Such opponents of Obama are caricatures of themselves (witness John Boehner). Sad and self-defeating. Truly bizarre--people voting against their own best interests. Absurd.

Edited by szentgyorgy, 28 July 2013 - 12:22 AM.

#28    DeWitz

DeWitz

DeWitz

• 1,639 posts

Clyde P. Fesmire, PhD

Posted 28 July 2013 - 12:26 AM

View PostF3SS, on 27 July 2013 - 03:46 PM, said:

Environmental stewardship is ok to an extent. Social justice is not ok at all.

The Constitution, Bill of Rights and the Emancipation Proclamation and more established greater social justice. But you know that.

But----they're not OK???

#29    F3SS

F3SS

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,584 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 12:30 AM

The 40% comment was satire. Chill.

Posted Image

#30    spartan max2

spartan max2

Poltergeist

• 2,759 posts

• There's nothing so absurd that if you repeat it often enough

Posted 28 July 2013 - 02:29 AM

View Postszentgyorgy, on 28 July 2013 - 12:05 AM, said:

Everything has degenerated during Obama's 4 1/2 years??? If so, and just as one example, how does one President inheriting a Republican bail-out of Wall Street which resulted in a near-Depression, with a do-nothing Congress sitting around with their thumbs up their a$&@s, facing a bunch of baseless nonsense about his birthplace and citizenship, and being half-black to boot, get anything done in this "atavisitic, revanchist, "let's revert to the Mickey Mouse Club era" nation (USA)?

If W. had been judged by the irrational stretches made Obama's current critics, he'd be drinking his alcohol and snorting his coke while hanging from  a lightpole.

I find it funny you hate bush but like obma. When they have done the same things for the most part :whistle:

Your mad at bush for bailing out wall street but your not mad at obma for doing an even bigger bail out?

Edited by spartan max2, 28 July 2013 - 02:30 AM.

" I imagine that the intellegent people are the ones so intellegent that they dont even need or want to look "intellegent" anymore".
Criss Jami

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users