Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Hezbollah gets “terrorist” label for fighting

• Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

#1    Big Bad Voodoo

Big Bad Voodoo

High priest of Darwinism

• 9,582 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 11:25 AM

On Monday, the European Union formally labeled Hezbollah a “terrorist” group.

Why?

Because Hezbollah has gone to war with al-Qaeda

http://presstv.com/d...ghting-alqaeda/

JFK: "And we are as a people, inherently and historically, opposed to secret societies, to secret oaths, and to secret proceedings.
For we are opposed around the world by a monolithic and ruthless conspiracy..."

#2    Yes_Man

Yes_Man

hi

• 8,254 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 11:32 AM

Why have you got the news source from Press TV? Hezbollah get backing from Iran to stop Israel.

#3    Yamato

Yamato

Forum Divinity

• 10,827 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 12:15 PM

I don't need Press TV to know we've unwittingly found ourselves in bed with Al Qaeda since we started cooperating with the Taliban in Afghanistan, the government of Pakistan, the rebels of Benghazi and now Syria.

Assad, an ally of the Iranian government, calls the rebels terrorists.  Any government whose citizens erupt against it in armed revolt would.

Remember George Washington?   According to King George III and King George the W, yep you guessed it, he's a "terrorist."    But it's been reported long before this article that the Syrian rebels have ties to Al Qaeda so we don't need Press TV to know that.   Don't let John McCain shaking hands with rebel leaders trick you.  McCain would never let the opportunity for another war to get stuck in stop him.

"Peace cannot be achieved by force, only by understanding."  ~ Albert Einstein

"To deny people their human rights is to challenge their very humanity.   To impose on them a wretched life of hunger and deprivation is to dehumanize them." ~ Nelson Mandela

#4    GoSC

GoSC

HOSEA 1:10; 2:23

• 2,615 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 01:29 PM

wrong thread sorry.

Edited by B Jenkins, 26 July 2013 - 01:31 PM.

"I charge thee in the sight of God, who giveth life to all things, and of Christ Jesus, who before Pontius Pilate witnessed the good confession; that thou keep the commandment, without spot, without reproach, until the appearing of our Lord Jesus Christ: which in its own times he shall show, WHO IS THE BLESSED AND ONLY POTENTE, KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS; who only hath immortality, dwelling in light unapproachable; whom no man hath seen, nor can see: to whom be honor and power eternal. Amen" (I Tim 6:13-16).

#5    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 13,939 posts

• Because what came before never seems enough...

Posted 26 July 2013 - 02:17 PM

This article was so silly I thought it had to be tongue in cheek but then I read the bio...Dr. Barrett has taught at colleges and universities in San Francisco, Paris, and Wisconsin, where he ran for Congress in 2008.  Nah, just more tripe from the America hating Left...The Hezzies have WELL and truly earned the label they were given.  Unless blowing people up on holiday seems like a reasonable thing for a political organization to be engaged in.

We've cast the world, we've set the stage,
  for what could be, the darkest age...

#6    Knight Of Shadows

Knight Of Shadows

Shadow Dancer

• 5,251 posts

• Rest In Peace A.B

Posted 27 July 2013 - 03:14 PM

they got in terrorists list not because of attacking alquada ..
but for attacking innocent syrians families and childrens and killing them

did you know how much " knife " slaughter hezboallah shitties did in homs ? no i suppose you don't
they slaughter children women and men alike as if they were not humans
however am happy they got in something bigger than them
and mark my words .. we will be the end of hezboallah
once it's over we're going to the depth of lebanon to drag their leader by his tail and give him proper trial for his crimes against syrians

by the name of Allah the Gracious the Merciful
Say, "I seek refuge in the Lord of daybreak From the evil of that which He created
And from the evil of darkness when it settles And from the evil of the blowers in knots
And from the evil of an envier when he envies"
truthful was Allah The Most High And Great

#7    Yes_Man

Yes_Man

hi

• 8,254 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 09:18 PM

I read somewhere that there is or were Hezbollah operatives in Vietnam or Malaysia? think it was Malaysia, anyway of trying to convince them to support Iran or something

#8    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 13,939 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 11:43 PM

View PostThe New Richard Nixon, on 27 July 2013 - 09:18 PM, said:

I read somewhere that there is or were Hezbollah operatives in Vietnam or Malaysia? think it was Malaysia, anyway of trying to convince them to support Iran or something
The "party of god" is probably involved everywhere Iran needs a liaison to do their dirty work.  Formed in Lebanon, ostensibly to fight back after Israel invaded and kicked the crap out of the PLO for attacking incessantly with indirect fire, Hezballah is just a well maintained and funded terror and military organization.  They taught the Israelis a few things in the last dust up but it will be their turn in the next...

#9    ciriuslea

ciriuslea

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 490 posts

• CHAMP20NS

Posted 28 July 2013 - 12:28 AM

I tend not to pay much attention to the labels the west likes to give certain groups, Its just pure propaganda because in as little as a few years a groups status can change depending on the west's agenda, Hamas and Hezbollah exist because of the actions of Israel, but the term terrorism is interesting in its use and perspective.

#10    Zaphod222

Zaphod222

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,594 posts

• When the gods wish to punish us, they answer our prayers.
    (Oscar Wilde)

Posted 28 July 2013 - 12:53 AM

View Postthe L, on 26 July 2013 - 11:25 AM, said:

On Monday, the European Union formally labeled Hezbollah a “terrorist” group.

Why?

Because Hezbollah has gone to war with al-Qaeda

http://presstv.com/d...ghting-alqaeda/

Well, yes. Right now, Obama and the rest of the Western world is in bed with the Muslim Brotherhood and its military arm called Al Quaeda. I have pointed out this absurdity so many times, my keyboard is getting bloody.

That is not to say that the terrorist label for Hizb-Allah is not correct; of course it is.

But to condemn a Shiite terrorist organization while supporting its Sunni counterpart is just too insane to be true... but alas that is what we are doing.

In a sane world, we would not get involved in intra-islamic squabbles, but instead protect modernity as much as we can.

"The moment you declare a set of ideas to be immune from criticism, satire, derision, or contempt, freedom of thought becomes impossible." (Salman Rushdie)

#11    Zaphod222

Zaphod222

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,594 posts

• When the gods wish to punish us, they answer our prayers.
    (Oscar Wilde)

Posted 28 July 2013 - 12:55 AM

View Postciriuslea, on 28 July 2013 - 12:28 AM, said:

Hamas and Hezbollah exist because of the actions of Israel,

I think you mistyped a word here. You mean "existance" of Israel, and not "actions".

Because short of dissolving itself, there is nothing Israel can do to appease either Hizb-Allah or Hamas.

"The moment you declare a set of ideas to be immune from criticism, satire, derision, or contempt, freedom of thought becomes impossible." (Salman Rushdie)

#12    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 13,939 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 01:39 AM

It saddens me that so many today cannot see - or at least admit, even if only to themselves - that what you say here is truth.  They cannot see the inconsistency in the idea that a few million souls on one of the smallest countries on the planet could be worth the efforts put forth to end them.  WHY?  Why THIS few million people?  They have done no worse than most nations that came before them.  They have demonstrated what a real democracy can accomplish in the heart of a region ruled by tyrants yet they are hated beyond all those other countries despite the horrors that occur there regularly.  There is no logic or reason to the hatred, yet most people today chant against them like some kind of mind numbed robots.  They are too "clever" to call them Kikes any more but the sentiments are identical and they cannot hide what is in their hearts - no matter what they utter from their mouths.  Nothing is hidden that will not someday be revealed.

#13    Almagest

Almagest

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 817 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 03:02 AM

AT: are you insinuating that just because the Jews are hated by some that they are divine? You seem to be ignoring a lot of the historical context behind the interplay between the Abrahamic Monotheisms. There have been periods in history where it was the Muslims protecting the Jews from the Christians. Scapegoating the Jews for a nations problems is one of the oldest tricks in the book. When Ahmedinejad says 'death to the Jews' what he's really saying is 'dont take notice of my tremendous incompetence'. King Edward II of England borrowed copious amounts of money from Jewish bankers to fund his war with Wales, and when he couldn't pay his loans back he evicted the Jews from England.

Anti-semitism, racism and 'islamophobia' are all tools the leaders use to rile us up against one another so that we're too angry with each other to be angry with them. I think the ME is home to a lot of angry people with no real outlet for their anger. Israel gives them an outlet. As bad as Israel has acted(and no nation is truly innocent), it is organizations such as Hezbollah and Hamas who have failed the very people they claim to represent. I might be the odd one out but if someone claimed to be killing my enemies in my name I would denounce them just as hard as I would my enemies.

Non-violent protest is always an option.

Life is the result of the struggle between dynamic opposites Form & Chaos, Substance & Oblivion, Light & Dark And all the infinite variations of Yin & Yang
When the pendulum swings in favour of one It will eventually swing in favour of it's opposite Thus the balance of the universe is maintained

-Jeru the Damaja

#14    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 13,939 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 03:09 AM

View PostAlmagest, on 28 July 2013 - 03:02 AM, said:

AT: are you insinuating that just because the Jews are hated by some that they are divine? You seem to be ignoring a lot of the historical context behind the interplay between the Abrahamic Monotheisms. There have been periods in history where it was the Muslims protecting the Jews from the Christians. Scapegoating the Jews for a nations problems is one of the oldest tricks in the book. When Ahmedinejad says 'death to the Jews' what he's really saying is 'dont take notice of my tremendous incompetence'. King Edward II of England borrowed copious amounts of money from Jewish bankers to fund his war with Wales, and when he couldn't pay his loans back he evicted the Jews from England.

Anti-semitism, racism and 'islamophobia' are all tools the leaders use to rile us up against one another so that we're too angry with each other to be angry with them. I think the ME is home to a lot of angry people with no real outlet for their anger. Israel gives them an outlet. As bad as Israel has acted(and no nation is truly innocent), it is organizations such as Hezbollah and Hamas who have failed the very people they claim to represent. I might be the odd one out but if someone claimed to be killing my enemies in my name I would denounce them just as hard as I would my enemies.

Non-violent protest is always an option.
Divine?  NO!  Protected by God?  Absolutely.  Though it seems sometimes He isn't doing such a great job, I think it all ends well :)  No, I simply mean that per population they are the most hated group of people on the planet and it's illogical.  Even if they had done everything their enemies accuse them of they still would not be deserving of the level of hatred spewed their way by people all over the globe who've never been impacted by them or even their behavior.  It really is uncanny when you look at it dispassionately.

#15    Almagest

Almagest

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 817 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 05:36 AM

I think their special status in the Abrahamic religion has contributed greatly to the loathing they receive. After all, they are the only religion to survive Christianity and Islam without being absorbed. The pagans and polytheists were all targets for conversion. The Jews, not so much. They have been viewed by Christianity as both God's people and the Devil's spawn and I suspect it's the same with Islam. If they were all converted or killed wouldn't that leave scriptural prophecy hanging? Their continued existence is necessary to fulfill certain prophecies, but they've always been viewed as something different to regular humans.

However the situation is not unique to Israel. It may seem like an important struggle to you, but people elsewhere might not. Some groups hate each other despite the fact that the originators of their feud are long dead. Look at Turks and Greeks, Tutsis and Hutus, Irish and English, Chinese and Japanese, Indians and Pakistanis. The Jews haven't been the only ones reviled and scapegoated throughout history, the Roma people have received equally bad treatment, and India and Japan have their untouchables.

Life is the result of the struggle between dynamic opposites Form & Chaos, Substance & Oblivion, Light & Dark And all the infinite variations of Yin & Yang
When the pendulum swings in favour of one It will eventually swing in favour of it's opposite Thus the balance of the universe is maintained

-Jeru the Damaja

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users