Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * - - 2 votes

Christie goes after libertarians — hard

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#31    darkmoonlady

darkmoonlady

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,371 posts

• Get busy livin' or get busy dyin'-Shawshank Redemption/Life is a buffet and most poor suckers are starving to death-Auntie Mame

Posted 27 July 2013 - 10:18 PM

View PostKowalski, on 26 July 2013 - 01:15 PM, said:

What a RHINO -- he probably weighs as much as one too! Ha! :lol:

Statist ? You went right for his body size...?

“The beauty of religious mania is that it has the power to explain everything. Once God (or Satan) is accepted as the first cause of everything which happens in the mortal world, nothing is left to chance …or change... logic can be happily tossed out the window. Religious mania is one of the few infallible ways of responding to the worlds vagaries, because it totally eliminates pure accident. To the true religious maniac, it’s ALL on purpose” – Stephen King, The Stand

#32    No Censorship

No Censorship

Poltergeist

• Validating
  • 2,784 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 06:43 AM

View PostAlmagest, on 27 July 2013 - 08:28 AM, said:

Thats simply because they haven't been in power. Do you think the Military-Industrial complex would stop under a Libertarian president? In fact I fail to see how libertarian de-regulation of the market would do anything except benefit the MIC.

It likely would change course in that we likely wouldn't be involved in endless wars. That's not to say that the military-industrial complex wouldn't make obscene profits during peacetime.

There is one reality with billions of versions.

#33    Otto von Pickelhaube

Otto von Pickelhaube

A complete moral vacuum

• 30,163 posts

• Vampires are people too.

Posted 28 July 2013 - 07:14 AM

View Postninjadude, on 27 July 2013 - 08:35 PM, said:

because the jokes forum in three doors down and making fun of someone because they are different physically than you is wrong.
Oh, po faced PC response of the week.

If, as it seems, we are in the process of becoming a totalitarian society in which the state apparatus is all-powerful, the ethics most important for the survival of the true, free, human individual would be: cheat, lie, evade, fake it, be elsewhere, forge documents, build improved electronic gadgets in your garage that’ll outwit the gadgets used by the authorities.

- Philip K. Dick.

#34    ninjadude

ninjadude

Seeker of truths

• 11,279 posts

• "dirt collects at the interfaces"

Posted 28 July 2013 - 07:45 PM

View PostKowalski, on 27 July 2013 - 08:47 PM, said:

I'm making fun of him, because he's a statist moron, not because of his weight....

If you say so

"Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it. Begin it now!""
- Friedrich Nietzsche

#35    Jeremiah65

Jeremiah65

Seeker of knowledge

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,097 posts

• "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." Aristotle

Posted 28 July 2013 - 09:29 PM

I'll make fun of him....he's a wannabe wise guy that is as big as a house....he needs to have a locator beacon attached and a back up sensor....

Ninjadude...you make me laugh....you think you have all the answers to what ails this country and humanity in general and you just don't have a clue....

Humor....find it....love it...live it....

grow a sense of humor lefty boy!  If you cannot laugh at life, then you are doomed to cry for it...I choose to laugh.

Edited by Jeremiah65, 28 July 2013 - 09:40 PM.

"Liberty means responsibility.  That is why most men dread it."  George Bernard Shaw
"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it."  Thomas Jefferson

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users