Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * - 1 votes

Having a hard time to astral project!

dream astral obe meditation

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#1    kannin

kannin

Punisher of the wicked

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,772 posts

• the secret to change is to focus all of your energy,not fighting the old, but building the new

Posted 26 July 2013 - 03:25 PM

i have been trying a few months now to astral project, i get very close and i know it because ill see visions hear wierd noises but when it comes to projecting nada, ive searched methods even use binural beats to help and it has helped, i need to clear my mind more because i think to much, but i was just wondering what methods you would suggest? i thought i would ask my UM family before a yahoo question was in the works! thanks guys!

#2    White Crane Feather

White Crane Feather

Seeker79

• 12,999 posts

• Potter: " is this real or is this in my mind?"

Dumbledore: " Of course it's in your mind....., but that dosn't mean it's not real."

Posted 26 July 2013 - 05:35 PM

View Postkannin, on 26 July 2013 - 03:25 PM, said:

i have been trying a few months now to astral project, i get very close and i know it because ill see visions hear wierd noises but when it comes to projecting nada, ive searched methods even use binural beats to help and it has helped, i need to clear my mind more because i think to much, but i was just wondering what methods you would suggest? i thought i would ask my UM family before a yahoo question was in the works! thanks guys!

My first question is when are you attempting your projection?

http://www.unexplain...pic=219629&st=0

"I wish neither to possess, Nor to be possessed. I no longer covet paradise, more important, I no longer fear hell. The medicine for my suffering I had within me from the very beginning, but I did not take it. My ailment came from within myself, But I did not observe it until this moment. Now I see that I will never find the light.  Unless, like the candle, I am my own fuel, Consuming myself. "
Bruce Lee-

#3    kannin

kannin

Punisher of the wicked

• 1,772 posts

• the secret to change is to focus all of your energy,not fighting the old, but building the new

Posted 26 July 2013 - 05:37 PM

View PostSeeker79, on 26 July 2013 - 05:35 PM, said:

My first question is when are you attempting your projection?

http://www.unexplain...pic=219629&st=0
when i try to sleep

#4    White Crane Feather

White Crane Feather

Seeker79

• 12,999 posts

Dumbledore: " Of course it's in your mind....., but that dosn't mean it's not real."

Posted 26 July 2013 - 07:07 PM

View Postkannin, on 26 July 2013 - 05:37 PM, said:

when i try to sleep
You will have better results if you wake up early in the morning. Most people have a hard time a achieving seperation at night. Definantly try switching your practice to morning.

"I wish neither to possess, Nor to be possessed. I no longer covet paradise, more important, I no longer fear hell. The medicine for my suffering I had within me from the very beginning, but I did not take it. My ailment came from within myself, But I did not observe it until this moment. Now I see that I will never find the light.  Unless, like the candle, I am my own fuel, Consuming myself. "
Bruce Lee-

#5    Rafterman

Rafterman

Telekinetic

• 7,409 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 12:30 PM

There's a very good reason why you're having a hard time.

"For me, it is better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring."
                                                                                                                                           - Carl Sagan, The Demon-Haunted World:  Science as a Candle in the Dark

#6    kannin

kannin

Punisher of the wicked

• 1,772 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 01:08 PM

yeah im going to try this early morning method to see how it works, makes sense anyways

#7    White Crane Feather

White Crane Feather

Seeker79

• 12,999 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 03:58 PM

View PostRafterman, on 27 July 2013 - 12:30 PM, said:

There's a very good reason why you're having a hard time.
It's pretty tough for most people. Others seem to pick it up pretty fast ;)

Bruce Lee-

#8    stevemagegod

stevemagegod

Psychic Spy

• 1,381 posts

• "That's one small step for man, one giant leap for mankind"-Neil Armstrong

Posted 27 July 2013 - 04:10 PM

AP is very hard to achieve. I would suggest trying Lucid Dreaming, and then use dream recall. Sometimes it is best to gain conscious awareness within the dream and know that you are dreaming before trying to AP. Because AP can often be mistaken as a dream.

For example a couple of nights ago i became aware that i was dreaming. I am not sure if it would qualify as a lucid dream because i was not controlling the dream. However during the dream it was like my mind became aware that i was dreaming and my minds eye was watching the dream take place. And by watching the dream i mean completely realizing that the events were being played out on my eyelids. It was almost like a movie being played on them.

#9    kannin

kannin

Punisher of the wicked

• 1,772 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 04:27 PM

i see i will take all advice into consideration

#10    Last Light

Last Light

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 09:27 PM

Hi,
try this is the morning, it is much better. In the morning, you have more energy and you have the tendency to stay awake, thats why it is easier to have Lucid Dreams and OOBEs. Just wake up 1-2 hours before you would normally do, stay up for 30-40 mins, then try to get back to sleep. It made me get 2 Lucid Dreams. Hope it helps :).

#11    kannin

kannin

Punisher of the wicked

• 1,772 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 09:29 PM

thanx everyone for the very helpful advice i just for the first time experienced a lucid dream, freaking awsome!

#12    The Dreamer - Hybrid89

The Dreamer - Hybrid89

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 404 posts

• Its not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me.

Posted 30 July 2013 - 10:14 PM

My method of triggering Lucid dreams, I call it canvasing.

When your lying in your bed, ready to sleep, imagine an empty white room that's brightly lit. Focus on that imagery. before you know it you'll be a sleep.

It was originally a technique I had to help me sleep at night as my mind is always racing. In the end I discovered how to trigger my Lucid dreams.

try it out, the results are,....interesting :D

Posted Image

#13    Himawari69

Himawari69

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 304 posts

• No matter how hard I grip the crown, in the end,it won't matter, because I will not die a queen

Posted 31 July 2013 - 05:17 AM

You can try waking yourself at 4:00 with an alarm and go back to sleep after stretching. Your mind needs to be groggy. I have had success doing that but stopped because of the fearsome noises and overwhelming sensations. Does your body vibrate? You can stop the vibrating by relaxing and not panicking, then simply  WILL yourself out. I suggest tilting sideways and falling off your bed is better than floating straight up, as floating takes a lot of energy out of you. The farthest I've made it is my doorway. I also suggest you don't look at your face or bed cos seeing your body will scare the living daylights out of you

#14    White Crane Feather

White Crane Feather

Seeker79

• 12,999 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 10:32 AM

View PostHimawari69, on 31 July 2013 - 05:17 AM, said:

You can try waking yourself at 4:00 with an alarm and go back to sleep after stretching. Your mind needs to be groggy. I have had success doing that but stopped because of the fearsome noises and overwhelming sensations. Does your body vibrate? You can stop the vibrating by relaxing and not panicking, then simply  WILL yourself out. I suggest tilting sideways and falling off your bed is better than floating straight up, as floating takes a lot of energy out of you. The farthest I've made it is my doorway. I also suggest you don't look at your face or bed cos seeing your body will scare the living daylights out of you
Yes all that can be quite shocking. :)

Bruce Lee-

#15    stevemagegod

stevemagegod

Psychic Spy

• 1,381 posts

• "That's one small step for man, one giant leap for mankind"-Neil Armstrong

Posted 31 July 2013 - 02:16 PM

View PostLast Light, on 27 July 2013 - 09:27 PM, said:

Hi,
try this is the morning, it is much better. In the morning, you have more energy and you have the tendency to stay awake, thats why it is easier to have Lucid Dreams and OOBEs. Just wake up 1-2 hours before you would normally do, stay up for 30-40 mins, then try to get back to sleep. It made me get 2 Lucid Dreams. Hope it helps :).

Agreed. The other day i woke up randomly around 3 in the morning and just like you said i had a lot of energy so i tried focusing that energy to Astral Project. Before i knew a wave a Sleep Paralysis came over my body. However i wasn't completely paralyzed as i was "wiggling" my one foot to break the paralysis if i had to. I call it a wave a SP because it truely felt like a wave washing over you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users