Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * - 1 votes

DHS says its illegal to freely play music in

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1    preacherman76

preacherman76

Humble Servent

• 10,756 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 06:34 PM

http://iamnotanonymousblog.com/?p=216

Now you need a freakin permit from DHS to play music at your place of business. Guess they ran outta terrorists to find. This country is an embarresment.

Some things are true, even if you dont believe them.

#2    Sweetpumper

Sweetpumper

Heatseeker

• 10,436 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 06:39 PM

Yeah, good luck enforcing that.

Edited by Sweetpumper, 26 July 2013 - 06:40 PM.

"At it's most basic level, science is supposed to represent the investigation of the unexplained, not the explanation of the uninvestigated."
- Hunt for the Skinwalker

"So many people forget that the first country the Nazis invaded was their own." Dr. Abraham Erskine

#3    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 35,256 posts

• In a flat world there is an explanation to everything.

Posted 26 July 2013 - 06:43 PM

Some times a little civic disobedience is in order... like in this case. We should organize a free music weekend... without permits.

A skeptic is a well informed believer and a pessimist a well informed optimist
The most dangerous views of the world are from those who have never seen it. ~ Alexander v. Humboldt
If you want to bulls**t me please do it so that it takes me more than a minute to find out

about me

#4    Jeremiah65

Jeremiah65

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,933 posts

• "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." Aristotle

Posted 26 July 2013 - 06:45 PM

From the opening paragraphs of the article...

"The Department of Homeland Security (An agency enacted through the Patriot Act) is now demanding through enforcement from The State Fire Marshalls that ALL LIVE MUSIC PLAYED IN THE UNITED STATES MUST HAVE A PERMIT FROM THE DEPARTMENT OF HOMELAND SECURITY.

This is an outrage to freedom and the ideals of The American people and our quickly evaporating rights
This is just the start to the reality of what The Department of Homeland Security is going to do to the American citizens. The DHS is actually saying it is illegal to play music or operate a business where music is played for any reason without paying The Department of Homeland Security, and giving them much personal and private information. If The DHS can regulate the performance of a song where do you think they will stop? The fact is they won’t!"

Notice the bold italics part...

Extortion anyone?

So...use any method to collect revenue, to build the SS even larger...which  will need more money...who will then crush more rights and extort more money...wonderful cycle they are building...

Posted Image

"Liberty means responsibility.  That is why most men dread it."  George Bernard Shaw
"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it."  Thomas Jefferson

Posted Image

#5    Kowalski

Kowalski

The Original Penguin Conspiracy Theorist

• 4,102 posts

• It's All Some Kind Of Wacked Out Conspiracy....

Posted 26 July 2013 - 07:23 PM

Wow, this is crazy! What is wrong with these bureaucratic morons? :no:

#6    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 35,256 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 07:27 PM

View PostKowalski, on 26 July 2013 - 07:23 PM, said:

Wow, this is crazy! What is wrong with these bureaucratic morons? :no:

They have the biggest power of them all: the fallout of a Chicken Little scare.

The most dangerous views of the world are from those who have never seen it. ~ Alexander v. Humboldt
If you want to bulls**t me please do it so that it takes me more than a minute to find out

about me

#7    ninjadude

ninjadude

Seeker of truths

• 10,986 posts

• "dirt collects at the interfaces"

Posted 26 July 2013 - 07:35 PM

Completely misleading topic and discussion. This has NOTHING to do with the DHS and is about the INDIANA DHS.  From your link

As it turns out, the linked article above is… well, pretty grossly incorrect. The situation, which involves the Indiana Dept. of Homeland Security (not the Federal agency), is about health & safety inspections of show venues

"Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it. Begin it now!""
- Friedrich Nietzsche

#8    praetorian-legio XIII

praetorian-legio XIII

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 570 posts

• Beer; Now there's a temporary solution.

Posted 26 July 2013 - 07:47 PM

This has the possibility of being a good chance to all of us draw a line and let the DHS know that we've had it with their nazi like antics and they can shove their plan right up their puckered aholes.

How much longer and how much more crap are we going to allow this joke of a federal government to inflict upon us (law abinding citizens) before we stand our ground and put them down. Why isn't obama being impeached? Why hasn't the military, who have endured more s*&t then most, stood up?

I wonder often what will be the final straw before all hell breaks lose? Any ideas out there?

"I posted this before reading the posts more accurately describing the topic, however the point I'm trying to make stands on its own."

Edited by praetorian-legio XIII, 26 July 2013 - 07:50 PM.

#9    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 35,256 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 07:50 PM

View Postpraetorian-legio XIII, on 26 July 2013 - 07:47 PM, said:

This has the possibility of being a good chance to all of us draw a line and let the DHS know that we've had it with their nazi like antics and they can shove their plan right up their puckered aholes.

How much longer and how much more crap are we going to allow this joke of a federal government to inflict upon us (law abinding citizens) before we stand our ground and put them down. Why isn't obama being impeached? Why hasn't the military, who have endured more s*&t then most, stood up?

I wonder often what will be the final straw before all hell breaks lose? Any ideas out there?

Last I remember it was Bush who cooked that thingy up... I fail to remember you howling for his impeachment.

about me

#10    preacherman76

preacherman76

Humble Servent

• 10,756 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 01:45 AM

View Postquestionmark, on 26 July 2013 - 07:50 PM, said:

Last I remember it was Bush who cooked that thingy up... I fail to remember you howling for his impeachment.

Actually if I remember correctly it was Biden who wrote it. Way before 9/11. I'll have to check to see if im right about Biden writting it Though. its been awhile since I read about it.

Some things are true, even if you dont believe them.

#11    ShadowSot

ShadowSot

Stinky Cheese

• 6,874 posts

• Oops.

Posted 27 July 2013 - 01:50 AM

View Postninjadude, on 26 July 2013 - 07:35 PM, said:

Completely misleading topic and discussion. This has NOTHING to do with the DHS and is about the INDIANA DHS.  From your link
Wonder who will notice what you pointed out, and how many people will express outrage without examining the source.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.
-Terry Pratchett

#12    Sir Wearer of Hats

Sir Wearer of Hats

Is not a number!

• 10,032 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 02:02 AM

View Postninjadude, on 26 July 2013 - 07:35 PM, said:

So basically, it's a case of someone being overly officious rather then being overly malicious.

#13    Yes_Man

Yes_Man

hi

• 8,116 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 09:43 AM

is there truth in this? it seems its just some guy being upset over everything

#14    ninjadude

ninjadude

Seeker of truths

• 10,986 posts

• "dirt collects at the interfaces"

Posted 27 July 2013 - 08:23 PM

View PostShadowSot, on 27 July 2013 - 01:50 AM, said:

Wonder who will notice what you pointed out, and how many people will express outrage without examining the source.

apparently a lot. See the title, express outrage, never notice that it's misplaced.

"Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it. Begin it now!""
- Friedrich Nietzsche

#15    F3SS

F3SS

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,340 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 09:06 PM

View Postquestionmark, on 26 July 2013 - 07:50 PM, said:

That would be hard to remember considering he wasn't a member until almost three years after Bush was gone. I couldn't resist looking to my left to uncover that information.

View Postninjadude, on 27 July 2013 - 08:23 PM, said:

apparently a lot. See the title, express outrage, never notice that it's misplaced.

Lol, you never do that.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users