Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Bees in danger - it's not just one chemical

bee deaths chemicals studies

• Please log in to reply
127 replies to this topic

#31    bmk1245

bmk1245

puny village idiot

• 4,008 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 08:09 PM

View Postquestionmark, on 21 August 2013 - 07:58 PM, said:

Quite so, in fact much of the produce now sold is bred just for that purpose: To last very long on the shelves and to have no irregularities.  At the expense of taste and wholesomeness. The dirty fact is that nature is neither lasting nor perfect but only aimed at one purpose: retain the once acquired properties through the passing on of DNA.

To all who want to know what a real tomato tastes like may I suggest the farmer's market and to get some of the primitive varieties?
Take same variety grown in conventional farm and in organic. In blind test you will not tell the difference.

Arguing with fool is like playing chess with pigeon: he will scatter pieces, peck King's crown, crap on bishop, and fly away bragging how he won the game... (heard once, author unknown).
Zhoom! What was that? That was your life, Mate! Oh, that was quick. Do I get another? Sorry, Mate. That's your lot. Basil Fawlty (John Cleese).

#32    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 35,283 posts

• In a flat world there is an explanation to everything.

Posted 21 August 2013 - 08:13 PM

View Postbmk1245, on 21 August 2013 - 08:09 PM, said:

Take same variety grown in conventional farm and in organic. In blind test you will not tell the difference.

A chemistry lab will...  and mostly point out some little cancer causing differences that according to your gang are "completely harmless"

A skeptic is a well informed believer and a pessimist a well informed optimist
The most dangerous views of the world are from those who have never seen it. ~ Alexander v. Humboldt
If you want to bulls**t me please do it so that it takes me more than a minute to find out

about me

#33    bmk1245

bmk1245

puny village idiot

• 4,008 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 08:14 PM

View Postquestionmark, on 21 August 2013 - 08:07 PM, said:

Because your kind is poisoning bees, selling rotten meat, selling milk of cows that have been fed with dried sludge (of water treatment plants) and lately even mislabeled horse meat besides growing Frankenfood. [...]
Whats wrong with horse meat? Frankenfood? You mean GM? Ah, familiar rhetorics...
BTW, no numbers? Thats a shame...

View Postquestionmark, on 21 August 2013 - 08:07 PM, said:

[...] But keep on: with every new scandal our premium grows.
So much for conviction... Pure $$$ in the eyes...

Arguing with fool is like playing chess with pigeon: he will scatter pieces, peck King's crown, crap on bishop, and fly away bragging how he won the game... (heard once, author unknown).
Zhoom! What was that? That was your life, Mate! Oh, that was quick. Do I get another? Sorry, Mate. That's your lot. Basil Fawlty (John Cleese).

#34    Leah G.

Leah G.

Poltergeist

• 2,966 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 08:14 PM

has anyone said Monsanto yet????

#35    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 35,283 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 08:16 PM

View Postbmk1245, on 21 August 2013 - 08:14 PM, said:

Whats wrong with horse meat? Frankenfood? You mean GM? Ah, familiar rhetorics...
BTW, no numbers? Thats a shame...

So much for conviction... Pure $$$ in the eyes...

Oh, you are promoting Montsanto for free?

We have to live from something, if you guys help us to live better we should be grateful... just I am not.

The most dangerous views of the world are from those who have never seen it. ~ Alexander v. Humboldt
If you want to bulls**t me please do it so that it takes me more than a minute to find out

about me

#36    bmk1245

bmk1245

puny village idiot

• 4,008 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 08:16 PM

View Postquestionmark, on 21 August 2013 - 08:13 PM, said:

A chemistry lab will...  and mostly point out some little cancer causing differences that according to your gang are "completely harmless"
Heh, and killer zucchini was completely harmless... Ah, wait, hospitalization was just vacations, right?

#37    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 35,283 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 08:17 PM

View PostLeah G., on 21 August 2013 - 08:14 PM, said:

has anyone said Monsanto yet????

No need, we know who they are. Some things are better left unmentioned.

about me

#38    bmk1245

bmk1245

puny village idiot

• 4,008 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 08:19 PM

View Postquestionmark, on 21 August 2013 - 08:16 PM, said:

Oh, you are promoting Montsanto for free?
[...]
You brought it, with Frankenfood. Say you meant something else.

View Postquestionmark, on 21 August 2013 - 08:16 PM, said:

[...]
We have to live from something, if you guys help us to live better we should be grateful... just I am not.
With basically no expenditures, who have more profits then, huh?

#39    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 35,283 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 08:20 PM

View Postbmk1245, on 21 August 2013 - 08:16 PM, said:

Heh, and killer zucchini was completely harmless... Ah, wait, hospitalization was just vacations, right?

are you confusing Hollywood with reality lately? Interesting, did not know that Frankenfood also has some hallucinatory properties.

about me

#40    bmk1245

bmk1245

puny village idiot

• 4,008 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 08:22 PM

View Postquestionmark, on 21 August 2013 - 08:17 PM, said:

No need, we know who they are. Some things are better left unmentioned.
Amen to that. I'm still cooling off for my storm into one thread, with more details and insults...

BTW, still no numbers?

#41    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 35,283 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 08:22 PM

View Postbmk1245, on 21 August 2013 - 08:19 PM, said:

You brought it, with Frankenfood. Say you meant something else.

With basically no expenditures, who have more profits then, huh?

I am living from my farming, given the amount of work that I put in it, better than anybody hooked on Monsanto. So no, nothing to complain about. But to the contrary of others I don't do anything I don't stand behind for a few dollars more. No matter how much you want to bicker to the contrary.

about me

#42    bmk1245

bmk1245

puny village idiot

• 4,008 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 08:27 PM

View Postquestionmark, on 21 August 2013 - 08:20 PM, said:

are you confusing Hollywood with reality lately? Interesting, did not know that Frankenfood also has some hallucinatory properties.
Hollywood you say...

A year ago in New Zealand, there was an outbreak of food poisoning from a "killer zucchini" that hospitalized a number of people.
(link1, link2)

#43    bmk1245

bmk1245

puny village idiot

• 4,008 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 08:32 PM

View Postquestionmark, on 21 August 2013 - 08:22 PM, said:

I am living from my farming, given the amount of work that I put in it, better than anybody hooked on Monsanto. [...].
Ah, you are putting amount of work... Funny, someone (was it Mikko?) said it takes less work...

BTW and still, I don't see numbers, just proclamations.

Edit to add: conventional farmers (in EU, for example, where no GM crops) are living from their farming, too, yet they "charge" less.

Edited by bmk1245, 21 August 2013 - 08:34 PM.

#44    Mikko-kun

Mikko-kun

New life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,475 posts

• Observation, individual resourcefulness... what would we be without them?

Posted 21 August 2013 - 09:03 PM

View Postbmk1245, on 21 August 2013 - 05:39 PM, said:

I would try to eat Amanita phalloides, but someone in my head says it would happen just once.

Ok, may I suggest experiment:
1) for starters - drop seeds in your warmhouse in random order - using shovel/pitchfork  - VERBOTEN! (have you ever tried someone shoveling, or poking you with pitchfork?);
2) put only as much organic fertilizer as you eat (1kg of your waste (ok you can substitute it with the same amount of manure) for 1kg of, say, tomatoes; no dispersing), or only what falls on the ground naturally - leaves (here you can rake as much leaves from outside area which is equal to area of your warmhouse);
3) no weeding out (picking out weeds in nature does not exists) - VERBOTEN!
4) next year you aren't allowed to seed deliberately (only what falls from the plants, or grows from tubers left in the ground, or from your back end) - throwing seeds on the ground - VERBOTEN!
5) continue this experiment for, say, five years;
6) tell the whole world about your amazing success.

You would eat a white fly mushroom... why am I not surprised... and you purposefully miss the point behind my post so even though you portray yourself as an agriculture professional here. Great... keep going man.

I've been born again 31,8,2014 approximately 21:35 local time. A moment free of clutter in the mind, emancipating myself like an escapist, allowing myself to breathe life in a stronger, less physical level... though it does resonate to physical world. It's the oomph.

#45    Rafterman

Rafterman

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,549 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 09:17 PM

View Postquestionmark, on 20 August 2013 - 08:49 PM, said:

You should read your own links, as you will find that it says nowhere that any of those nettle teas are more toxic, it says that they are not as effective. But that is something we all knew. We are not discussing effectiveness, we are discussing ecological impact. Or in plain English: That for the short term gain we are incurring in the long term destruction of the soils and through the residue in the produce the medium term endangering of human and animal health.

Why are you hung up on these nettle teas?  What I'm talking about is the whole of organic/natural agriculture.  And, again, with 6 billion plus hungry people on the planet, why do you want to turn back agricultural innovation 100+ years.  We should be doubling down on genetically modified crop development and synthetic pesticides and fungicides to continue to increase crop yield - not going the other direction.

"You can't have freedom of religion without having freedom from the religious beliefs of other people."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users