Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

imagine if we created a UM cult/religion?

fun cult religion um

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#16    F3SS

F3SS

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,206 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 07:58 PM

View PostBeckys_Mom, on 28 July 2013 - 07:42 PM, said:

So true F3SS...   I am the same.. On here I am known for being a skeptic, but in real life, I couldn't care to talk about spirituality...  Even on my Face Book,  I will not bother with discussions over politics or religion... I like to post pics and let people know I have beaten their score on  Candy Crush saga..

Which reminds me - FAO - Gummug, I beat your score on levels 77 onwards... I am now ploughing my way through levels 96....When you reach the 90's in about a month or so, ( most likely in a few  months ha ha )  you may ask me for a train ticket   lol.. :P

Exactly. I've got a couple friends and my dad who we can talk politics together but the debates aren't lengthy and mostly we end up shaking our fists and going ehhh whatever after a few minutes. My opinions here are way more thought out and concise than anything I could do in most real conversations. Not that I'm a mush mouth dolt but you know what I mean.

Posted Image

#17    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

Sarcastic Muppet..!

• 51,194 posts

• "I hate pretentious people. I mean, what is the point in applying exorbitantly extensive vocabulary, it is just straightforwardly unnecessary".

Posted 28 July 2013 - 08:34 PM

View PostF3SS, on 28 July 2013 - 07:58 PM, said:

Exactly. I've got a couple friends and my dad who we can talk politics together but the debates aren't lengthy and mostly we end up shaking our fists and going ehhh whatever after a few minutes. My opinions here are way more thought out and concise than anything I could do in most real conversations. Not that I'm a mush mouth dolt but you know what I mean.

Same here... However, I do picture what people on UM are like in real life... I have a few pictured as Yosemite Sam, and a few more I imagine being like Cartman from South park.. Especially when they pick up their ball and go home because they can't win an argument.. I can hear the voice of Cartman in my head going - "Screw you guys, I'm going home " :P

Edited by Beckys_Mom, 28 July 2013 - 08:35 PM.

Posted ImageRAW Berris... Dare you enter?

If there's a heaven...I hope to hell I get there !

#18    F3SS

F3SS

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,206 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 08:44 PM

View PostBeckys_Mom, on 28 July 2013 - 08:34 PM, said:

Same here... However, I do picture what people on UM are like in real life... I have a few pictured as Yosemite Sam, and a few more I imagine being like Cartman from South park.. Especially when they pick up their ball and go home because they can't win an argument.. I can hear the voice of Cartman in my head going - "Screw you guys, I'm going home " :P

I do too but I wonder what people look like more than I wonder what they are like. There are a few posters that I really think I know what they look like and a few times people have switched from an avatar to a picture of themselves and my entire perception of who I thought they were changed entirely.

Posted Image

#19    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

Sarcastic Muppet..!

• 51,194 posts

• "I hate pretentious people. I mean, what is the point in applying exorbitantly extensive vocabulary, it is just straightforwardly unnecessary".

Posted 28 July 2013 - 08:49 PM

View PostF3SS, on 28 July 2013 - 08:44 PM, said:

I do too but I wonder what people look like more than I wonder what they are like. There are a few posters that I really think I know what they look like and a few times people have switched from an avatar to a picture of themselves and my entire perception of who I thought they were changed entirely.

I wouldn't put my own picture up on my avatar, I don't want to look at myself in every post .. My own pics of myself are in my profile...Some have seen my pics and told me I was not how they imagined.. Some have heard my voice  ( phone ) and think I sound younger and happier  :P

I have noticed a few who swap and change their avi's and ID's a lot.. I couldn't be bothered with all that changing...Too much work for me  lol

Edited by Beckys_Mom, 28 July 2013 - 08:49 PM.

#20    F3SS

F3SS

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,206 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 08:55 PM

View PostBeckys_Mom, on 28 July 2013 - 08:49 PM, said:

I wouldn't put my own picture up on my avatar, I don't want to look at myself in every post .. My own pics of myself are in my profile...Some have seen my pics and told me I was not how they imagined.. Some have heard my voice  ( phone ) and think I sound younger and happier  :P    

I have noticed a few who swap and change their avi's and ID's a lot.. I couldn't be bothered with all that changing...Too much work for me  lol

That isn't you in your avatar? I always assumed it was.
I wish I were a little better of an artist because I would start a thread where I'd draw up what I thought certain posters look like. Then again it would probably get closed because I'm sure it would some would be offended.

Posted Image

#21    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

Sarcastic Muppet..!

• 51,194 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 08:59 PM

View PostF3SS, on 28 July 2013 - 08:55 PM, said:

That isn't you in your avatar? I always assumed it was.
I wish I were a little better of an artist because I would start a thread where I'd draw up what I thought certain posters look like. Then again it would probably get closed because I'm sure it would some would be offended.

No, that's Jessica Biel from Blade Trinity ...My own pics are only kept on my profile.. Never would use them for an avatar..

I have visions in my head of what people look like the moment I speak to them....And 9 /10 I am usually wrong :P

#22    F3SS

F3SS

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,206 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 09:04 PM

Ha, that is Jessica Biel. Now I know why you always looked so familiar! See, now my whole perception of you has changed completely.

Posted Image

#23    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

Sarcastic Muppet..!

• 51,194 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 09:09 PM

View PostF3SS, on 28 July 2013 - 09:04 PM, said:

Ha, that is Jessica Biel. Now I know why you always looked so familiar! See, now my whole perception of you has changed completely.

... What do you mean your whole perception of me has changed completely?  

*Sits dreading what the answer might be*

Edited by Beckys_Mom, 28 July 2013 - 09:09 PM.

#24    F3SS

F3SS

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,206 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 11:19 PM

View PostBeckys_Mom, on 28 July 2013 - 09:09 PM, said:

... What do you mean your whole perception of me has changed completely?  

*Sits dreading what the answer might be*

Fear not, I'm kidding. :) We should get back to starting a cult.

Posted Image

#25    little_dreamer

little_dreamer

Government Agent

• 3,258 posts

• We did not understand it all, but somehow we survived.

Posted 28 July 2013 - 11:43 PM

If I join the cult, will I have to drink the Kool-Aid? :unsure2:

I am another anonymous face in the crowd. I am just another tiny wheel in the machinery of the world I live in.

#26    F3SS

F3SS

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,206 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 11:49 PM

When you join the cult you don't ask questions.

Posted Image

#27    Dan'O

Dan'O

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 656 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 08:09 AM

3i. Forum groups: The formation or promotion of organised groups, clans or gangs is disallowed.

Organized is misspelled. :hmm: Oh my bad.

5b. Spelling and grammar: Do not point out mistakes or criticise other members on their spelling, grammar or punctuation.

Oh criticize is also misspelled... :rolleyes:

5i. Rule quoting: Do not quote the site rules to other members, if you believe the rules have been broken please hit the 'report' button.

:whistle:

Just talking to myself here...

#28    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

Sarcastic Muppet..!

• 51,194 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 12:44 PM

View PostF3SS, on 28 July 2013 - 11:49 PM, said:

When you join the cult you don't ask questions.

That's why I wouldn't last two seconds in a cult...

#29    Sweetpumper

Sweetpumper

Heatseeker

• 10,269 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 03:10 PM

View Postkannin, on 27 July 2013 - 07:45 PM, said:

sweet pumper head of the nuns

Posted Image

"At it's most basic level, science is supposed to represent the investigation of the unexplained, not the explanation of the uninvestigated."
- Hunt for the Skinwalker

"So many people forget that the first country the Nazis invaded was their own." Dr. Abraham Erskine

#30    kannin

kannin

Punisher of the wicked

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,765 posts

• the secret to change is to focus all of your energy,not fighting the old, but building the new

Posted 29 July 2013 - 03:48 PM

View PostSweetpumper, on 29 July 2013 - 03:10 PM, said:

Posted Image
lol nice!

the first rule to UM cult is we dont talk about UM cult!

View PostDan, on 29 July 2013 - 08:09 AM, said:

3i. Forum groups: The formation or promotion of organised groups, clans or gangs is disallowed.

Organized is misspelled. :hmm: Oh my bad.

5b. Spelling and grammar: Do not point out mistakes or criticise other members on their spelling, grammar or punctuation.

Oh criticize is also misspelled... :rolleyes:

its not a legit cult its a spoof fun what if thread, im sure saru doesnt mind5i. Rule quoting: Do not quote the site rules to other members, if you believe the rules have been broken please hit the 'report' button.

:whistle:

Just talking to myself here...

happiness can be found in the darkest of times, only if one remembers to turn on the light

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users