Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * - 3 votes

Feds to Investigate "Redneck Day" at School

• Please log in to reply
125 replies to this topic

#31    danielost

danielost

Forum Divinity

• 29,609 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 04:59 PM

And the ones laughing the hardest are redknecks.

I am a mormon.  If I don't use mormons believe, those my beliefs only.
I do not go to church haven't for thirty years.
There are other mormons on this site. So if I have misspoken about the beliefs. I welcome their input.
I am not perfect and never will be. I do strive to be true to myself. I do my best to stay true to the mormon faith. Thank for careing and if you don't peace be with you.

#32    Kowalski

Kowalski

The Original Penguin Conspiracy Theorist

• 4,102 posts

• It's All Some Kind Of Wacked Out Conspiracy....

Posted 29 July 2013 - 05:11 PM

I thought this was interesting:

I Might Be a Redneck
Not that there’s anything wrong with that.  I’m actually quite proud of some of my redneck characteristics at times. The term “redneck” is not as derogatory as it used to be; in fact online dictionaries haven’t caught up with what a modern redneck really is.  I checked a couple of online dictionaries and they define a redneck as a slang term, used as a disparaging term for a member of the white rural laboring class, especially in the southern United States.  A white person regarded as having a provincial, conservative, often bigoted attitude.  I also found this:  A mentally challenged white male, usually from the South with an IQ of a beaver.  They are characterized by: ignorant, intolerant of others, isolated in their own little world, uneducated, marry their own sisters, live in a run-down trailer, claim to love America but carry a Confederate flag, vote against their own interest, and politically inept.  That’s pretty harsh.
But times have changed, and these days there are a lot of people who use the term with pride, a statement of their resourcefulness, ingenuity, ability to live off the land and survive, for their love of the outdoors and all things related to the outdoors.  That describes me pretty well.

No, I have never gone to Sea World and taken a fishing pole.  My dog does not have ten lawsuits outstanding against him.  My ex-wife never weighed more than the refrigerator, which was never in the yard.  I have never mowed the lawn and found a car.  I don’t think mud rasslin’ should be an Olympic sport.  I know the stock market doesn’t have a fence around it.  I don’t need an estimate from my barber before I get a haircut.  My toilet paper doesn’t have page numbers on it.  My coffee table was never used as a cable spool.  I do not have a stuffed possem’ in my house (not any more).  And I have never used a toilet seat as a picture frame.

Being a redneck is not a bad thing anymore, at least in my opinion.  I am self-reliant, resourceful, ingenious, fearless, and a country gentleman at heart.  Someone recently told me that I am even charming.  I’m sure a lot of my readers feel the same way about the new redneck.  I look at who is reading my posts, and there are plenty of pictures of guys and girls in trucks, holding up a fish, kneeling beside a harvested deer or some other animal, showing off their newest buck knife, or many similar types of things that distinguish them as outdoors people, and there’s nothing wrong with that.

Link: http://www.bearmille.../05/08/redneck/

Edited by Kowalski, 29 July 2013 - 05:12 PM.

#33    Detective Mystery 2014

Detective Mystery 2014

Poltergeist

• 2,323 posts

• Mysteries are tomorrow's histories.

Posted 31 July 2013 - 02:53 AM

Now, *this* is a phony scandal. That means that it will get attention from the DOJ and the MSM. As for "redneck", there are a few definitions that vary from childish insults to over-the-top praises. There are several different tales of the origin of the name too.

I find it funny when people (rightly) condemn slurs and stereotypes aimed at minority groups, but some of these same people think that it's acceptable to say the very worst things about rural and/or Southern White Americans. That kind of hypocrisy is welcome in certain leftist circles. Pick a single standard, PC police. When you do so, we might stop laughing at you.

There is one reality with billions of versions.

#34    Yes_Man

Yes_Man

hi

• 8,191 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 12:00 PM

View Postdanielost, on 28 July 2013 - 12:42 AM, said:

The feds are investigating red-kneck day.  But, muslum week is ok.
thats because they were asked to get involved...and the other is like an official holiday.

how about "spelling and grammar week" come dressed as a full stop, a comma or a question mark?

#35    danielost

danielost

Forum Divinity

• 29,609 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 01:38 PM

View PostThe New Richard Nixon, on 31 July 2013 - 12:00 PM, said:

thats because they were asked to get involved...and the other is like an official holiday.

how about "spelling and grammar week" come dressed as a full stop, a comma or a question mark?

No, muslim week was about being tolarent to muslims.  They kids had to dress lie a muslum would.

There are other mormons on this site. So if I have misspoken about the beliefs. I welcome their input.
I am not perfect and never will be. I do strive to be true to myself. I do my best to stay true to the mormon faith. Thank for careing and if you don't peace be with you.

#36    Eldorado

Eldorado

Unforgiven

• 10,415 posts

• I reckon so.

Posted 31 July 2013 - 06:04 PM

View Postdanielost, on 31 July 2013 - 01:38 PM, said:

No, muslim week was about being tolarent to muslims.  They kids had to dress lie a muslum would.

With explosives strapped to their bodies?

#37    Myles

Myles

Government Agent

• 4,268 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 07:10 PM

View PostEldorado, on 31 July 2013 - 06:04 PM, said:

With explosives strapped to their bodies?

That's too stereotypical.   Not all blacks steal hubcaps.   Not all southerners marry their cousins.   Not all whites are rich old men.   Not all women are bad drivers................well...........I may need to think about that one a bit.

#38    danielost

danielost

Forum Divinity

• 29,609 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 07:22 PM

View PostMyles, on 31 July 2013 - 07:10 PM, said:

That's too stereotypical.   Not all blacks steal hubcaps.   Not all southerners marry their cousins.   Not all whites are rich old men.   Not all women are bad drivers................well...........I may need to think about that one a bit.

Just don't let your wife/gf see what you typed.  Lol

#39    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

Sarcastic Muppet..!

• 51,196 posts

• "I hate pretentious people. I mean, what is the point in applying exorbitantly extensive vocabulary, it is just straightforwardly unnecessary".

Posted 31 July 2013 - 08:08 PM

Is throwing stones at glass houses a hobby?... For not all red necks are what your long list says they are on post 25...

Posted ImageRAW Berris... Dare you enter?

If there's a heaven...I hope to hell I get there !

#40    danielost

danielost

Forum Divinity

• 29,609 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 08:52 PM

View PostBeckys_Mom, on 31 July 2013 - 08:08 PM, said:

Is throwing stones at glass houses a hobby?... For not all red necks are what your long list says they are on post 25...

You have red necks in ireland, you just call them something else.  Red necks are the spinal cord of society.  They keep the good old times around for just a little longer.

#41    Eldorado

Eldorado

Unforgiven

• 10,415 posts

• I reckon so.

Posted 31 July 2013 - 09:03 PM

I was joking, Myles.  Sorry if I upset you.

#42    Myles

Myles

Government Agent

• 4,268 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 09:08 PM

View PostBeckys_Mom, on 31 July 2013 - 08:08 PM, said:

I was just messing around.    I'm sure there are women who can drive just fine.   I'll just keep looking. :D :lol:

View PostEldorado, on 31 July 2013 - 09:03 PM, said:

I was joking, Myles.  Sorry if I upset you.
No, not at all.   All is good.

#43    Detective Mystery 2014

Detective Mystery 2014

Poltergeist

• 2,323 posts

• Mysteries are tomorrow's histories.

Posted 01 August 2013 - 02:53 AM

Not all southerners marry their cousins.

Almost none of them do. That's a huge myth that helps script-writers for Jay Leno and other comedians, who might also employ the ancient caricatures of the toothless English, the drunken Irish, the snobby French, the hostile Germans, the dumb Polish, etc.. To keep it real, cousin-marriage was common around the world until the late 1800s/early 1900s. Now, it's relegated to smaller communities, such as Pakistani sections of the UK.

There is one reality with billions of versions.

#44    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

Sarcastic Muppet..!

• 51,196 posts

• "I hate pretentious people. I mean, what is the point in applying exorbitantly extensive vocabulary, it is just straightforwardly unnecessary".

Posted 01 August 2013 - 01:30 PM

View Postdanielost, on 31 July 2013 - 08:52 PM, said:

You have red necks in ireland, you just call them something else. .

If you mean we have people who have worked out in the sun all day and sun burn on their necks, then yea a few.. But no, we don't have a name for anyone that might resemble a red neck...Lots of country folks over here working on farms and running their own business, but still no name for them..

Unless you count - Country bunkins? We have lots, but it's not used as a negative term, no one cares really..The term country bumkinis not used as much any more.. Been a long time since I have heard it..

#45    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

Sarcastic Muppet..!

• 51,196 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 01:34 PM

View PostMyles, on 31 July 2013 - 09:08 PM, said:

I was just messing around. I'm sure there are women who can drive just fine.   I'll just keep looking. :D :lol:

Yea *SURE* you were, I believe you, thousands wouldn't lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users