Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

"Hael" The ancient of knowledge and language

demons gods pagan ancient rome ancient greece

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#16    White Crane Feather

White Crane Feather

Forum Divinity

• 11,058 posts

• Potter: " is this real or is this in my mind?"

Dumbledore: " Of course it's in your mind....., but that dosn't mean it's not real."

Posted 29 July 2013 - 03:09 AM

SIDRAGOSAM? I know this guy. My best friend used to bring him along when we would go out. He was certainly a genius at his craft.

"I wish neither to possess, Nor to be possessed. I no longer covet paradise, more important, I no longer fear hell. The medicine for my suffering I had within me from the very beginning, but I did not take it. My ailment came from within myself, But I did not observe it until this moment. Now I see that I will never find the light.  Unless, like the candle, I am my own fuel, Consuming myself. "
Bruce Lee-

#17    stevemagegod

stevemagegod

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,191 posts

• "That's one small step for man, one giant leap for mankind"-Neil Armstrong

Posted 29 July 2013 - 04:31 AM

View PostEtu Malku, on 28 July 2013 - 06:35 PM, said:

• VI. SIDRAGOSAM, causes any girl to dance in the nude.

Best power ever. Wish i had that talent. :tsu:

#18    markprice

markprice

Government Agent

• 3,515 posts

• To deny meaning is an act of ignorance.

Posted 29 July 2013 - 04:37 PM

View PostTutankhaten-pasheri, on 28 July 2013 - 10:38 PM, said:

Not to be party pooper, but some of these books mentioned have some credence only, as far as I see, on the fact of them being variously 2 to 6 hundred years old, and some of course from the late 19th Century when all this esoteriscism took off after the work of Helena Blavatsky, of which I am rather familiar. However, if such books are given credence by their age, then it is likely that in two hundred years the "Necronomicon" will be seen as real, indeed there are many even now who think it is real. Thought should be given that some of these books may simply be an older version of the Necronomicon, and all that implies. Besides, demons need no incantations, they invite themselves :)

I prefer the old ones of Lovecraft to the new ones of Scientology, if I had to choose.

Abramelin (the old Jew) is interesting though; he was obviously an adept with a twist. Instead of the usual secret society obfuscations he spoke plainly, sort of like HPB but without an audience in his time.  That makes him more credible than Crowley(showman)...he just wanted to help his kid and use that form of communication as a way to pass on knowledge. Very clever IMO. Crowley used Abramelin as an inspiration but that is where the similarity ends. It seems Abremelin had the original--not sure about Solomon(actually I am sure that Solomon abused his power)--Holy Guardian Angel which became a blind for more nefarious conjurers in the future: just say it is "holy" and get on with it...But the obsession with enslaving demons strikes me as odd when you got an Angel right there on your side. Think about that. "Demons invite themselves" like you said, but here you have a guy inviting them to control them, so it's a bit different.

Edited by markprice, 29 July 2013 - 04:47 PM.

"How can someone prove that a rainbow exists to a blind man?"

#19    Tutankhaten-pasheri

Tutankhaten-pasheri

Buratinologist

• Banned
  • 1,637 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 06:13 PM

View Postmarkprice, on 29 July 2013 - 04:37 PM, said:

I prefer the old ones of Lovecraft to the new ones of Scientology, if I had to choose.

Abramelin (the old Jew) is interesting though; he was obviously an adept with a twist. Instead of the usual secret society obfuscations he spoke plainly, sort of like HPB but without an audience in his time.  That makes him more credible than Crowley(showman)...he just wanted to help his kid and use that form of communication as a way to pass on knowledge. Very clever IMO. Crowley used Abramelin as an inspiration but that is where the similarity ends. It seems Abremelin had the original--not sure about Solomon(actually I am sure that Solomon abused his power)--Holy Guardian Angel which became a blind for more nefarious conjurers in the future: just say it is "holy" and get on with it...But the obsession with enslaving demons strikes me as odd when you got an Angel right there on your side. Think about that. "Demons invite themselves" like you said, but here you have a guy inviting them to control them, so it's a bit different.
Yes, the one thing for the older books is that there is no obvious market as there is today, only a small number of like minded persons. Not having much to gain from producing such works is a plus point. As for wanting a Demon to take control is rather odd, I see no reason. And the amount of people who think the totaly made up Necronomicon is real , is rather worrying, and so is the vile and loud abuse directed against it by "commited Christians" who give the impression they want it to be real. Strange

#20    markprice

markprice

Government Agent

• 3,515 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 09:04 PM

I had to look back into this book to get a little more clarity. It seems Abraham(the guy who found Abramelin then copied his book and then later revised it for his son) did some traveling and ended up depressed. Abramelin cheered him up then ultimately Abraham was able to use a little demonic intervention to marry his own rich cousin. Reminds me of Zoroaster who needed a king and a wife to get his new religion off the ground. It all seems to boil down to two basic demands: a beautiful wife and plenty of money.

Edited by markprice, 29 July 2013 - 09:13 PM.

#21    Heru

Heru

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 828 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 08:50 PM

View PostTutankhaten-pasheri, on 28 July 2013 - 10:38 PM, said:

Not to be party pooper, but some of these books mentioned have some credence only, as far as I see, on the fact of them being variously 2 to 6 hundred years old, and some of course from the late 19th Century when all this esoteriscism took off after the work of Helena Blavatsky, of which I am rather familiar. However, if such books are given credence by their age, then it is likely that in two hundred years the "Necronomicon" will be seen as real, indeed there are many even now who think it is real. Thought should be given that some of these books may simply be an older version of the Necronomicon, and all that implies. Besides, demons need no incantations, they invite themselves :)

The necronomicon is real, I cant say how I know this but Its real (no one has to believe me ofcourse and thats fine).  Not often I hear the name Helena Blavastky thrown around. I didnt like her work that much but I do give much respect to her. Glad that people remember the greats other than Crowley.

#22    Tutankhaten-pasheri

Tutankhaten-pasheri

Buratinologist

• Banned
  • 1,637 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 09:22 PM

View PostHeru, on 30 July 2013 - 08:50 PM, said:

The necronomicon is real, I cant say how I know this but Its real (no one has to believe me ofcourse and thats fine).  Not often I hear the name Helena Blavastky thrown around. I didnt like her work that much but I do give much respect to her. Glad that people remember the greats other than Crowley.
I know her work can be "difficult", but without her, life for those interested in the esoteric would be rather boring. It is debatable of course, but I think without her work, then no Cayce or Crowley etc. Though personally I do not like Cayce at all as his pretence to be "Ra Ta" is embarrasingly fake in every part. As for Necronomicon, well, there is controvesy over this, a version still in print was published in 1977 by "Simon". I have heard a real name behind this but cannot remember, though he stills writes spin off books. for instance "The gates of the Necronomicon".

Edited by Tutankhaten-pasheri, 30 July 2013 - 09:53 PM.

#23    Etu Malku

Etu Malku

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 816 posts

• Mercuræn

Posted 31 July 2013 - 03:21 AM

View PostHeru, on 30 July 2013 - 08:50 PM, said:

None of the Necronomicons are real grimoires, that was the whole idea . . . if enough people believed they were real, then they would become real, with a history and adherents . . . just like another 'famous' book of fiction you can find in most hotel rooms.

Tarkhem Productions
   IAMTHATIAMNOT

#24    markprice

markprice

Government Agent

• 3,515 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 06:51 PM

I was kind of hoping the OP would return speaking Latin by now.

#25    ZOD

ZOD

Future Leader of Earth

• 4,983 posts

Posted 03 August 2013 - 12:12 AM

or at least started an Apocalyspe

Battle isn't wordplay.  It's skill and precision.  Get it? I'm better.

#26    Tutankhaten-pasheri

Tutankhaten-pasheri

Buratinologist

• Banned
  • 1,637 posts

Posted 03 August 2013 - 09:25 AM

View Postmarkprice, on 01 August 2013 - 06:51 PM, said:

I was kind of hoping the OP would return speaking Latin by now.
orter te   :)

#27    LostSouls7

LostSouls7

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 857 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 01:06 AM

So do you think this guy was able to summon the demon he wanted ?
please keep us updated

Do you Fear The Ouija?
www.youtube.com/watch?v=EUCPmNBbLHM
Wisdom of Magic and Natural Healing Potions enjoy
http://healingpotion...ic.blogspot.com

#28    Heru

Heru

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 828 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 05:40 PM

View PostTutankhaten-pasheri, on 30 July 2013 - 09:22 PM, said:

I know her work can be "difficult", but without her, life for those interested in the esoteric would be rather boring. It is debatable of course, but I think without her work, then no Cayce or Crowley etc. Though personally I do not like Cayce at all as his pretence to be "Ra Ta" is embarrasingly fake in every part. As for Necronomicon, well, there is controvesy over this, a version still in print was published in 1977 by "Simon". I have heard a real name behind this but cannot remember, though he stills writes spin off books. for instance "The gates of the Necronomicon".

What famous book or thesis did Cayce write? Im sure ive read something from him (I read allot) but im bad with names.

Also I know there are books based on the necronomicon myth. But im not talking about those. Im not going into details and in no way do I expect anyone to throw a gram of belief in what I say regarding it. But im sure theres one other out there on there computer now reading this who knows how real it is .

#29    Tutankhaten-pasheri

Tutankhaten-pasheri

Buratinologist

• Banned
  • 1,637 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 07:21 PM

View PostHeru, on 05 August 2013 - 05:40 PM, said:

What famous book or thesis did Cayce write? Im sure ive read something from him (I read allot) but im bad with names.

Also I know there are books based on the necronomicon myth. But im not talking about those. Im not going into details and in no way do I expect anyone to throw a gram of belief in what I say regarding it. But im sure theres one other out there on there computer now reading this who knows how real it is .
It is more a question of the books written that were transcriptions of his psychic readings. There are a number, usually with the name beginning "Edgar Cayce's ***" and published by or for the Edgar Cayce Foundation. There are, IMO, two books that need reading to understanding him. "Edgar Cayce's Atlantis" is probably the most well known and quoted, then "Edgar Cayce's Egypt" in which he gives psychic readings as a re-incarnation of an Ancient Egyptian named Ra Ta. Both are widely available in many languages. Though first, in order to understand where Cayce's ideas come from, and how he was influenced, it is necessary to read and understand Helena Blavatsky. Though in an earlier post you say you do not care for her. "Isis Unveiled" and "The Secret Doctrine" are I think important to understanding her and Cayce. Personally I think that "Ra Ta" is totaly fraudulent, though amusing. Blavatsky is really much better.

Edited by Tutankhaten-pasheri, 05 August 2013 - 07:46 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users