Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * - 1 votes

Morning or Evening Shower ?

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#16    PlanB

PlanB

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 726 posts

• Find out what you love and let it kill you.

Posted 29 July 2013 - 08:50 PM

I'm a terrible morning person, I NEED that shower first thing to get me going. One time, I had apparently lay down and fell back asleep (it's a big garden tub) and the water started to rise to head level. Fortunately, I was woken by the warning sound of cats lapping the water right next to my face.

#17    Michelle

Michelle

Forum Divinity

• 16,298 posts

• Eleanor Roosevelt: Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.

Posted 29 July 2013 - 09:17 PM

View PostPlanB, on 29 July 2013 - 08:50 PM, said:

I'm a terrible morning person, I NEED that shower first thing to get me going.

:P Absolutely!!! I'm not a morning person at all, but my husband is...and he has learned to get me coffee, not talk about anything important and don't ask me any questions until I've been awake for at least 45 minutes.

But, if I've been doing nasty, filthy work I take a shower at night. If I've been doing the paperwork for our business all day, or other light work, I don't bother.

#18    Purplos

Purplos

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,577 posts

• Everything important is infinite.

Posted 29 July 2013 - 11:41 PM

Pretty much what Michelle said.

I shower mornings and only evenings if I actually do something that gets me dirty or overheated. Sitting around doing paperwork or writing doesn't make me dirty... so I can go to bed just fine.

I once met a person who showered every morning, night, again after going to the gym and after every time they went to the bathroom... full shower.

Now that is a bit nutty.

Embrace the impossible.

#19    libstaK

libstaK

Nosce Te Ipsum

• 7,087 posts

• Hello Reality and all that is True
    When Oxymoron was defined it was just for you

Posted 30 July 2013 - 12:35 AM

I like my morning shower I aim my face right wear it gets the full force of the water to wake me up, but I am usually pressed for time having slept till the last possible moment which means a quite scrub and then dash for the wardrobe, so I try to shower more leisurely at night when I can, definitely when I've been working out or had a physically active day.
but
Don't see the issue either way but I worked with someone who very conspiritually pointed out(whispered to me as though it was a juicy tidbit :rolleyes: ) that her team mate confessed to showering at night and "doesn't that mean she comes to work with all the night sweats on her?".  I never thought about it before but I'm guessing morning showers would on average be more popular with those that habitually sweat at night and not that important to those that don't.

"I warn you, whoever you are, oh you who wish to probe the arcanes of nature, if you do not find within yourself that which you seek, neither shall you find it outside.
If you ignore the excellencies of your own house, how do you intend to find other excellencies?
In you is hidden the treasure of treasures, Oh man, know thyself and you shall know the Universe and the Gods."

Inscription - Temple of Delphi

#20    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

Sarcastic Muppet..!

• 51,196 posts

• "I hate pretentious people. I mean, what is the point in applying exorbitantly extensive vocabulary, it is just straightforwardly unnecessary".

Posted 30 July 2013 - 01:14 AM

In the winter time, I hate the thoughts of jumping into a shower first thing, because our bathroom is always freezing..  I have to set our heating to go on an hour before we wake up...Yet in the summer going through a heat wave, I would welcome a cold bathroom to shower in...

Edited by Beckys_Mom, 30 July 2013 - 01:14 AM.

Posted ImageRAW Berris... Dare you enter?

If there's a heaven...I hope to hell I get there !

#21    Zaphod222

Zaphod222

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,614 posts

• When the gods wish to punish us, they answer our prayers.
    (Oscar Wilde)

Posted 30 July 2013 - 01:48 AM

View PostClyde the Glyde, on 28 July 2013 - 07:44 PM, said:

The wife thinks that it's weird that I get my daily shower of an evening. Before going to bed. She says that I'm one of the relatively few people that she knows that gets one then. She says that nearly everyone she knows gets one in the morning after waking up. I think that's weird. I mean who wants to go to bed dirty ?  Right ?

Getting a shower when I do can't be that rare is it ?  Maybe people do both.

So what's the general consensus of you fine folks  here.   Morning or Evening ???

Firstly, I don´t see how that is an "either or" question. Do some people really think it would kill them taking more than one shower a day?

Secondly, here in Japan, the hot bath at the end of each day is absolutely part of the daily routine. The idea of getting into bed without first taking a nice hot, relaxing bath (or, if abroad, at least a nice hot shower) is kind of disgusting.

Live here long enough, and you will think so too.

Edited by Zaphod222, 30 July 2013 - 01:49 AM.

"The moment you declare a set of ideas to be immune from criticism, satire, derision, or contempt, freedom of thought becomes impossible." (Salman Rushdie)

#22    Paranoid Android

Paranoid Android

????????

• 27,417 posts

• Paranoid Android... Gorram it kid, let's frak this thing and go home! Make it so!

Posted 30 July 2013 - 03:04 PM

Just for the heck of it, let's throw some controversy in - Australia is prone to long periods of drought, where water restrictions are put in place.  As a concerned citizen about the use of water, is it ethical to shower only every second or third day especially if you don't work in a labour-heavy industry and don't use the gym (let's say I'm a 9-5 Office Worker in an air-conditioned cubicle, who drives home orders Home Delivery Chinese food, and then sits and watches tv in an air-conditioned house- the sweat would be minimal)?

I shower in the afternoons, as I said, but sometimes I try and get a rise out of my friends when water restrictions are in place to tell them that I am "doing my part" for the Australian environment.  So far not many people have found my comment palatable (though every now and then I've met someone who showers every second day, and on rarer occasions even every 3 days).  But when sweating is minimal is it really 100% necessary to have a shower, especially with water restrictions in place, and the existence of the remarkable invention known as "shower-in-a-can" (more commonly called deodorant).

Edited by Paranoid Android, 30 July 2013 - 03:08 PM.

Posted Image

My blog is now taking a new direction.  Dedicated to my father who was a great inspiration in my life, I wish to honour his memory (RIP, dad) by sharing with the world what he had always kept to himself.  More details, http://www.unexplain...showentry=27811

#23    Kowalski

Kowalski

The Original Penguin Conspiracy Theorist

• 4,102 posts

• It's All Some Kind Of Wacked Out Conspiracy....

Posted 30 July 2013 - 03:21 PM

Some of you guys have no idea what roughing it is.....

I remember about three years ago, me and my husband didn't have a shower or bathtub installed yet, so to take a bath, we had to take a water hose, put it in a tree, and stand underneath it. Exhilarating!
Don't worry, I live out in the country, so you can run around naked and no one can see you.....
:)

#24    Zaphod222

Zaphod222

Psychic Spy

• 1,614 posts

(Oscar Wilde)

Posted 30 July 2013 - 03:40 PM

View PostParanoid Android, on 30 July 2013 - 03:04 PM, said:

Just for the heck of it, let's throw some controversy in - Australia is prone to long periods of drought, where water restrictions are put in place.  As a concerned citizen about the use of water, is it ethical to shower only every second or third day

OK, I totally get that. If water is not available readily, then of course who have to prioritize. The main thing is to drink the stuff to stay alive. For desert Arabs, I can totally see how personal hygene takes a second place to basic survival.

But if there is water available without restrictions, then I really do not see a reason why you should not take a shower if you actually can. Jeeze!

"The moment you declare a set of ideas to be immune from criticism, satire, derision, or contempt, freedom of thought becomes impossible." (Salman Rushdie)

#25    Purplos

Purplos

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,577 posts

• Everything important is infinite.

Posted 30 July 2013 - 04:56 PM

But when sweating is minimal is it really 100% necessary to have a shower, especially with water restrictions in place, and the existence of the remarkable invention known as "shower-in-a-can" (more commonly called deodorant).

Nope.
I work at home and some days don't leave the house. Sometimes I skip the morning shower when there has been no dirty work, no sweating, no nothing that would make me dirty in any way. Rarely, but sometimes.

Maybe other people's bodies are different than mine... but I don't turn gross and gooey or anything automatically after 24 hours.

Embrace the impossible.

#26    glorybebe

glorybebe

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,771 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 05:26 PM

I shower every morning when I am working that day.  Gotta smell pretty for the customers!  But, on my days off I take a shower when ever I get around to it.

Save the Earth! It's the only planet with chocolate!

#27    BiffSplitkins

BiffSplitkins

Vertically Challenged

• 7,347 posts

• We all have a song inside us, it tells us who we are.

'John Doeber' fellow musician

Posted 30 July 2013 - 05:36 PM

Since I sweat a lot while I sleep (I mean, puddle of sweat in the middle of my chest sweaty), I am a morning shower person. I take at least a 20 minute (very hot) shower in the morning as well. Whenever I get in or near water of any kind I have a hard time getting out of it.
I don't know why, I just like being in and around water. Call me strange, I just feel some sort of connection with it.

I barely sweat when I am awake and that includes working outside in the yard on a hot day so it's not like I go to bed all grimey.

"The problem with internet quotes is that you cant always depend on their accuracy" -Abraham Lincoln, 1864

Posted Image

#28    Purifier

Purifier

Δ

• 2,370 posts

• We don't need to conquer the world, we need to conquer our individual selves first. Then the world will be at peace.

Posted 30 July 2013 - 06:55 PM

View PostKowalski, on 30 July 2013 - 03:21 PM, said:

Some of you guys have no idea what roughing it is.....

I remember about three years ago, me and my husband didn't have a shower or bathtub installed yet, so to take a bath, we had to take a water hose, put it in a tree, and stand underneath it. Exhilarating!
Don't worry, I live out in the country, so you can run around naked and no one can see you.....

*moments later, government security organizations turn and focus their photographic reconnaissance satellites onto Kowalski's resident.*

Study the past, if you would divine the future.
- Confucius

#29    Kowalski

Kowalski

The Original Penguin Conspiracy Theorist

• 4,102 posts

• It's All Some Kind Of Wacked Out Conspiracy....

Posted 30 July 2013 - 07:12 PM

View PostPurifier, on 30 July 2013 - 06:55 PM, said:

*moments later, government security organizations turn and focus their photographic reconnaissance satellites onto Kowalski's resident.*

LOL...
Why on earth would they want to see me or my husband naked?? They might mistake my husband for Bigfoot....

#30    Zaphod222

Zaphod222

Psychic Spy

• 1,614 posts

(Oscar Wilde)

Posted 31 July 2013 - 02:08 AM

View PostKowalski, on 30 July 2013 - 07:12 PM, said:

LOL...
Why on earth would they want to see me or my husband naked?? They might mistake my husband for Bigfoot....

I thought the NSA sleuths were looking for Mrs. Kowalski

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users