Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Hikers capture footage of mysterious Bigfoot

bigfoot canadian wilderness

• Please log in to reply
131 replies to this topic

#31    keninsc

keninsc

Poltergeist

• Validating
  • 3,234 posts

• The problem with people who have no vices is that generally you can be pretty sure they're going to have some pretty annoying virtues. Liz Taylor

Posted 31 July 2013 - 12:13 AM

Meanwhile we're getting bodies from Giant Squids who live miles and miles under the ocean surface where humans can't even go. And Bigfoot (or at least the one I'm talking about) lives in America, where there are tons of people.

Odds are he voted in the last election as well.

#32    stevemagegod

stevemagegod

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,278 posts

• "That's one small step for man, one giant leap for mankind"-Neil Armstrong

Posted 31 July 2013 - 12:26 AM

This video looks very compelling. I realize most people think that the Bigfoot videos out there are hoaxed but if you think about it bigfoot seems to be one of the best filmed creatures out there that are still considered to be cryptids. After All there is a **** load of evidence gathered by people and tests have yet to be confirmed whether or not it is fake.

#33    Sakari

Sakari

tohi

• 12,815 posts
  • Location:Safford, Arizona...My heart and soul are still on the Oregon Coast.

• Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Posted 31 July 2013 - 12:32 AM

Domina Lucis, on 31 July 2013 - 12:03 AM, said:

I don't want to sound like a broken record.

Bigfoot discussions are a broken record. It is the same arguments, to different pieces of " evidence " that almost all ways go back to the " Patterson Film " by page 5.

There is never anything new. Maybe a new claim, a new hoax, a new lie, but the discussions are the same exact things.....Have been since the internet has been around.

Will be that way forever I guess......

I have asked, " how many years without a body, or any real proof " will it take before 100% of the people stop buying into this money making hoax....It has been well over 50 for sure, and counting......

Anyway, it is just a big giant roundabout, and people are stuck in the inside lane, to ignorant to see how to get out...

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

http://petsupports.com/a04/sakari.htm

#34    QuiteContrary

QuiteContrary

BugWhisperer

• 5,410 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 12:35 AM

Lava_Lady, on 30 July 2013 - 10:14 PM, said:

Damnit.... I never get to film bigfoot.  <_<

Get out there, LL. You're from Hawaii, it'd be a landmark video!
Have any really tall friends... :whistle:

Edited by QuiteContrary, 31 July 2013 - 12:36 AM.

Bigfoot is in the eye of the beholder

Scottish Scientists Only!

#35    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 19,777 posts

• Hey, I'm not wrong. I'm just not completely right.

Posted 31 July 2013 - 12:43 AM

trancelikestate, on 30 July 2013 - 09:39 PM, said:

I dunno, I think the quality of this video is pretty good. The only problem is the distance. This could actually be authentic, or it could just as easily be faked. We can't really tell for sure either way. I'm going to assume fake for the reason that if it were real there would be more footage. You don't just see bigfoot and stop filming when he walks a little behind a hill. Then again you could have the most authentic, no doubt, up close video and people still would find something wrong with it and claim fraud.
It had been me, I'd have kept hiking down to that lake, and seen if anyone was down there. Or... if ol' Bigfoot left any evidence. At the least, I'd go down and film the area I saw him in, to give a sense of scale. The figure in the video could be 5 feet tall or 8 feet tall, it is impossible to tell. If the figure could be shown to be 8 feet tall, that would be a relevent point of evidence.

Here at Intel we make processors on 12 inch wafers. And, the individual processors on the wafers are called die. And, I am employed to check these die. That is why I am the DieChecker.

At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Qualifications? This is cryptozoology, dammit! All that is required is the spirit of adventure. - Night Walker

#36    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 19,777 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 12:46 AM

QuiteContrary, on 30 July 2013 - 11:06 PM, said:

My vision isn't anything I'd wish on my worst enemy but,
I still see a solid color head to "toe", except for what looks like a couple areas of reflected sunlight off the "creatures coat": Its back and edges of its fur when it stands up. Plus, possibly a hairless hand.
Being an expert :no: on bigfoot movement as well, the walk is definitely human, imo.
I thought it was all black to begin with too, but I think actually we are seeing the "Shadow" side of the bigfoot. Such that it looks black because it is partly backlit, when it hops up and starts down the hill, it seems to me that the color of the chest and back become lighter.

The shadows of the trees and the hill across the lake make it clear that the sun is in front of the figure, and he is slightly backlit. Probably it is early evening.

Edited by DieChecker, 31 July 2013 - 12:49 AM.

Here at Intel we make processors on 12 inch wafers. And, the individual processors on the wafers are called die. And, I am employed to check these die. That is why I am the DieChecker.

At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Qualifications? This is cryptozoology, dammit! All that is required is the spirit of adventure. - Night Walker

#37    Lava_Lady

Lava_Lady

Official UM Asylum Resident

• 1,832 posts

• Wha? /:0\

Posted 31 July 2013 - 12:49 AM

QuiteContrary, on 31 July 2013 - 12:35 AM, said:

Get out there, LL. You're from Hawaii, it'd be a landmark video!
Have any really tall friends... :whistle:

Believe me, I've tried.  Once I thought I caught BF at a remote north shore area but, it turned out to be some hairy dude at a nude beach.  Apparently they frown upon people taking pictures of the sun bathers.... it was pretty scary though.  :o :blink:

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time, and still retain the ability to function."  - F. Scott Fitzgerald

#38    QuiteContrary

QuiteContrary

BugWhisperer

• 5,410 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 12:58 AM

Lava_Lady, on 31 July 2013 - 12:49 AM, said:

Believe me, I've tried.  Once I thought I caught BF at a remote north shore area but, it turned out to be some hairy dude at a nude beach.  Apparently they frown upon people taking pictures of the sun bathers.... it was pretty scary though.  :o :blink:
LOL! You were just bird watching from across the way?
We took our grandma to a nude beach once. She wore sunglasses so no one could see where she was looking!
And no, she was not nude, nor were we!

#39    QuiteContrary

QuiteContrary

BugWhisperer

• 5,410 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 01:18 AM

DieChecker, on 31 July 2013 - 12:46 AM, said:

I thought it was all black to begin with too, but I think actually we are seeing the "Shadow" side of the bigfoot. Such that it looks black because it is partly backlit, when it hops up and starts down the hill, it seems to me that the color of the chest and back become lighter.

The shadows of the trees and the hill across the lake make it clear that the sun is in front of the figure, and he is slightly backlit. Probably it is early evening.

I definitely defer to your judgement, DC.  I can't see it that clearly, and that was how I interpreted it. I need a magnifying sheet for the computer screen for all these blobsquatches!

Edited by QuiteContrary, 31 July 2013 - 01:19 AM.

#40    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 19,777 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 01:31 AM

QuiteContrary, on 31 July 2013 - 01:18 AM, said:

I definitely defer to your judgement, DC.  I can't see it that clearly, and that was how I interpreted it. I need a magnifying sheet for the computer screen for all these blobsquatches!
Yeah, basically due to the distance involved it is a blobsquatch.

#41    keninsc

keninsc

Poltergeist

• Validating
  • 3,234 posts

• The problem with people who have no vices is that generally you can be pretty sure they're going to have some pretty annoying virtues. Liz Taylor

Posted 31 July 2013 - 01:34 AM

That's nothing, when the video ends and they post up other videos there's a picture of what appears to be a man being claimed to be a Bigfoot. Take a look at that, if you want a laugh.

#42    Lava_Lady

Lava_Lady

Official UM Asylum Resident

• 1,832 posts

• Wha? /:0\

Posted 31 July 2013 - 01:41 AM

QuiteContrary, on 31 July 2013 - 12:58 AM, said:

LOL! You were just bird watching from across the way?
We took our grandma to a nude beach once. She wore sunglasses so no one could see where she was looking!
And no, she was not nude, nor were we!

Well, I'm an amateur photographer so, I was just engaging in my hobby when I saw that gigantic hairy beast... of course I had to take photos to prove my sighting but, he didn't appreciate it.   As a matter of fact, was a bit upset when I told him I thought he was a tropical bigfoot... had to delete the photo... :D

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time, and still retain the ability to function."  - F. Scott Fitzgerald

#43    bzykillnzombies

bzykillnzombies

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 02:35 AM

Bigfoot does not exist, nobody has any REAL evidence e.g dead, alive, DNA.... waste of time chasing this elusive non existent creature

#44    QuiteContrary

QuiteContrary

BugWhisperer

• 5,410 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 03:09 AM

bzykillnzombies, on 31 July 2013 - 02:35 AM, said:

Bigfoot does not exist, nobody has any REAL evidence e.g dead, alive, DNA.... waste of time chasing this elusive non existent creature

I'm not removing the toys from the tree stump in my backyard :P

#45    redhen

redhen

Poltergeist

• 2,825 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 04:01 AM

Dark_Grey, on 29 July 2013 - 03:28 PM, said:

...it's gotten to the point where I come to these bigfoot threads looking to be entertained by new "footage". Is there any credibility left on the sasquatch front?

None!

"International media outlets have pounced on the videos, with stories about B.C. Bigfoot sightings running in the Daily Mail and The Telegraph. PlayMobility makes a mobile app called Legend Tracker, a geocaching game that inserts creatures like Big Foot into real-life settings. The app lets users “search” for Sasquatch in Mission, B.C., using tips and tools they gather along the way."

National Post article here.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users