Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Why is there next to zero ufo news nowadays

• Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

#31    Codemonger

Codemonger

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 140 posts

• "I can calculate the motion of heavenly bodies, but not the madness of people" - Isaac Newton

Posted 07 August 2013 - 02:59 AM

View Postzoser, on 29 July 2013 - 07:34 PM, said:

The main reason is not what most people would actually suspect.  

There is an insidious blandness in people about anything other than sex, power or money.  These are the three gods of modern life.  Unless something's affects people's bank accounts they are guaranteed to Lose intest after after while.

Then they become numb to things.

This can be seen in people's response to shocking world news.   Forty years ago ther would have been a huge outcry in response to the image of children starving in Africa.

Now no one pays any interest.

So you mention the Phoenix lights to someone at work and they reply with "oh that's interesting ; I must get a new set of tyres for the car".

It's all blandness you see.

I believe zoser is correct, modern society in general has become desensitized.

#32    scowl

scowl

Government Agent

• Closed
  • 4,111 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 05:02 PM

View PostCodemonger, on 07 August 2013 - 02:59 AM, said:

I believe zoser is correct, modern society in general has become desensitized.

We've become desensitized to outrageous unsupportable claims.

Back in the 70's a crook could publish a ridiculous book claiming that ancient astronauts visited Earth and it would become a best seller. In the 90's a construction worker could hand some crappy Polaroids and wild stories to a local newspaper and suddenly become the most important man in the history of extraterrestrial communication. Even worse, a scam artist could make a poor foam model of an alien and videotape an "autopsy" of this model in his living room then sell this tape to dozens of unquestioning networks all over the world only to reveal it was all a scam years later.

Now that teenagers can create convincing CGI on their computers and faking photos is only a couple of hours of work (at least when I did it), should there be any surprise that people are "desensitized" to these kinds of photos and videos, especially when they aren't supported by independent witnesses?

I think the general public has developed a more analytical view of extraordinary claims over the last twenty years. Yeah, we were all excited in the 70's when it seemed like aliens were buzzing around in our skies every day but hardly anyone believes that forty years later.

#33    MrBene

MrBene

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 431 posts

• A regular guy

Posted 07 August 2013 - 05:18 PM

View Postscowl, on 07 August 2013 - 05:02 PM, said:

I think the general public has developed a more analytical view of extraordinary claims over the last twenty years. Yeah, we were all excited in the 70's when it seemed like aliens were buzzing around in our skies every day but hardly anyone believes that forty years later.

This.
Common sense people, common sense.

#34    synchronomy

synchronomy

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,124 posts

• Facinating

Posted 07 August 2013 - 05:45 PM

View Posteley, on 29 July 2013 - 01:39 PM, said:

And im not referring to `lights over lake eerie`...

Until about 2011, there was always something interesting, from the `alien interview` to the pheonix lights, to the `alien message in crop circle`, norway spiral to chicago o`haire airport, or ufos seen over temple mount, the turkish alien ufo over the water,  ufo or missile? ufo over china airports, and lots more happening.

pheonix lights- Planes and flares
alien message in crop circle- fairly well accepted now all are hoaxes
norway spiral - That was a missile
ufos seen over temple mount- guy who made the videos admitted they were faked
turkish alien ufo over the water- that was a boat
ufo over china airports-all fake
chicago o`haire airport-we'll never know the truth

At the heart of science is an essential balance between two seemingly contradictory attitudes--an openness to new ideas, no matter how bizarre or counterintuitive they may be, and the most ruthless skeptical scrutiny of all ideas, old and new.
This is how deep truths are winnowed from deep nonsense. -- Carl Sagan

#35    Sweetpumper

Sweetpumper

Heatseeker

• 10,637 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 05:54 PM

You guys are posting as if the title of this thread is correct. It's not.

"At it's most basic level, science is supposed to represent the investigation of the unexplained, not the explanation of the uninvestigated." - Hunt for the Skinwalker

"The ultimate irony of the Disclosure movement is that it deeply distrusts officialdom, while simultaneously looking to officialdom for the truth." - Robbie Graham Silver Screen Saucers

#36    scowl

scowl

Government Agent

• Closed
  • 4,111 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 06:06 PM

View Postsynchronomy, on 07 August 2013 - 05:45 PM, said:

chicago o`haire airport-we'll never know the truth

This is the problem with the most interesting UFO reports: we have limited information and there's no way to get more. It also doesn't suggest any pattern. If UFOs started appearing at other major airports, then we'd have something.

In the past this report would have been interpreted as "yet another sign" that aliens are among us. No further investigation would have been necessary to convince most people that an extraterrestrial craft visited one of our airports. Now people are just "desensitized"!

#37    Spacenut56

Spacenut56

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 506 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 07:48 PM

The O' Hare ufo was very interesting indeed. From reports I have both read and heard about on tv programs when the ufo took off, it was so fast it left a circular outline of the craft in the clouds. Pretty remarkable I would say.

#38    DONTEATUS

DONTEATUS

Forum Divinity

• 17,827 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 08:21 PM

How about the "O -MG " Whats this place coming 2 ?

This is a Work in Progress!

#39    scowl

scowl

Government Agent

• Closed
  • 4,111 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 10:21 PM

View PostSpacenut56, on 07 August 2013 - 07:48 PM, said:

The O' Hare ufo was very interesting indeed. From reports I have both read and heard about on tv programs when the ufo took off, it was so fast it left a circular outline of the craft in the clouds. Pretty remarkable I would say.

Just another sign that aliens are going to... well, do something someday I guess.

#40    sam_comm

sam_comm

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,006 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 11:35 PM

I just stumbled across the story of a crash in Norfolk,Virginia. I posted it in a thread. Once in a while there is some interesting stories but I agree that the lack of information lead to speculations and all kind of interpretations. Nonetheless if the people have the feeling that the governement and the military are not crystal clear when it comes to these stories, no wonder various hypothesises arise from the Aliens enthousiasms to the skeptics.

Edited by sam_comm, 07 August 2013 - 11:42 PM.

#41    Combo

Combo

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 11:44 PM

I've never seen a UFO. Anyone can create a UFO hoax. Throw a frisby in the air and take a quick photo literally looks more realistic than some of the images I've seen in the past.
Hopefully we'll come into contact with some more UFO's soon.

#42    DONTEATUS

DONTEATUS

Forum Divinity

• 17,827 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 12:55 AM

Welcome to the Forum Combo ! Keep a positive Outlook ~!

This is a Work in Progress!

#43    Skep B

Skep B

Savant of Depravity

• 5,174 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 01:16 AM

View PostSpacenut56, on 07 August 2013 - 07:48 PM, said:

possibly a prototype of an aircraft?

would explain why theres little info on it.

I've seen **** that'll turn you WHITE!

#44    Thetruthisoutdated

Thetruthisoutdated

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 25 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 05:41 PM

There are some absolutely mind blowing cases I have read about and this is not one of them. I think at this point it's safe to conclude that someone is manufacturing large metallic aircraft that have no wings or stabilizers. These same aircraft do not for the most part make any noise, have no viewable engines and seem to accelerate at amazing speeds, are tracked on radar and can fly in a way that is well outside what we can do even now. Having said all of this I don't think it's a shred of evidence for aliens, all it is is a mountain of evidence for the existence of said craft. Not one of these cases was reported as an alien ship, all were reported as unknown craft or UFOs. Now remember the description is what was seen by dozens of pilots, I would say hundreds but I don't have hundreds of case files.

What I can say for certain is that so far all of the cases I'm referring to involved close range sightings by flight crews and involved many people. Only one of the cases I looked at involved a bright light in the distance and that one was simply compelling because of who the pilot was. Many of these cases are referenced in dozens of books, I feel the best are one by Leslie Kean called UFOs, it's also on audio book. I highly recommend anything by Richard Dolan. I have had the pleasure on many occasions of speaking with Richard Dolan and the man can really defend this stuff with great vigour and facts, He is also very open to being proved wrong and that's hard to find.

Enough about books, I don't know if aliens have really been here but I do think the possibility is far more real and far more simple than we allow for. We tend to believe our scientists as they spew out oceans of technical babble but they themselves are but babies in the universe of science and can only go so far for many reasons. Mainly our math is so new, our science is so new, our willingness to take chances is so small and our budgets for this field in science are basically about ten dollars world wide in comparison to other areas like weapons and drugs.

One of you above mentioned how " there seems to be no pattern to the sightings" I can't agree mores. On the other hand, perhaps that in itself is the pattern. What I'm saying is if in fact these things turn out to be machines created by aliens then they might do everything they can to not be detected when at all possible, it's just a thought. So I don't throw out the entire idea some UFOs might be real aliens, I feel if they are it's far stranger than we are ready for and far more rare than UFO believers wish it to be. I don't hope they are aliens and I don't hope they are not, I simply want to know the truth.

#45    scowl

scowl

Government Agent

• Closed
  • 4,111 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 06:42 PM

View PostThetruthisoutdated, on 08 August 2013 - 05:41 PM, said:

We tend to believe our scientists as they spew out oceans of technical babble but they themselves are but babies in the universe of science and can only go so far for many reasons. Mainly our math is so new, our science is so new, our willingness to take chances is so small and our budgets for this field in science are basically about ten dollars world wide in comparison to other areas like weapons and drugs.

Yeah, eggheads. What do they know!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users