Jump to content




Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.


- - - - -

UFO?


  • Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1    CHRIS_UK

CHRIS_UK

    Alien Embryo

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 43 posts
  • Joined:20 Jul 2013
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Yorkshire

  • Humour is the key :D

Posted 30 July 2013 - 11:52 AM

Just thought i would post this and see what you guys think.

There was a thunderstorm last night, and after it had cleared, a few hours later i saw this.

The location is Pontefract UK.

The light in the central/top left between the chimneys? There was no sound or anything, it just hung in the air.

All comments welcome.

Posted Image
Uploaded with ImageShack.us


#2    tribal25

tribal25

    Alien Embryo

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
  • Joined:03 Feb 2012
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Netherlands

  • time is relative

Posted 30 July 2013 - 12:00 PM

Did you also see that it was moving? Or that is disappeared in a kind of way? It's looks very mysterious and interesting. I hope that the picture is not a hoax.


#3    CHRIS_UK

CHRIS_UK

    Alien Embryo

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 43 posts
  • Joined:20 Jul 2013
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Yorkshire

  • Humour is the key :D

Posted 30 July 2013 - 12:05 PM

It stayed there, i stopped watching after about 5 minutes, it was just strange as there is no pole on it like all of the other street lights


#4    quillius

quillius

    52.0839 N, 1.4328 E

  • Member
  • 4,982 posts
  • Joined:04 Aug 2010
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:LONDON

  • A man should look for what is, and not for what he thinks should be.
    Albert Einstein

Posted 30 July 2013 - 12:18 PM

View PostCHRIS_UK, on 30 July 2013 - 12:05 PM, said:

It stayed there, i stopped watching after about 5 minutes, it was just strange as there is no pole on it like all of the other street lights

hello Chris, I am very curious as to why you only watched it for five minutes? you must obviously have an interest in the subject to be here on UM.

also why were you not able to film it at all?

did you go back and check again a little while later?


#5    zoser

zoser

    Sapphire

  • Member
  • 10,009 posts
  • Joined:19 Aug 2009
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:London UK

  • It is later than you think.

Posted 30 July 2013 - 12:25 PM

View PostCHRIS_UK, on 30 July 2013 - 11:52 AM, said:

Just thought i would post this and see what you guys think.

There was a thunderstorm last night, and after it had cleared, a few hours later i saw this.

The location is Pontefract UK.

The light in the central/top left between the chimneys? There was no sound or anything, it just hung in the air.

All comments welcome.


Yep the're here all right.

Posted Image


#6    seeder

seeder

    Nut Cracker

  • Member
  • 8,994 posts
  • Joined:21 Nov 2012
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:UK. There if you need me

  • Never forget that only the weak fish swim with the stream, and a lie travels half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes

Posted 30 July 2013 - 02:12 PM

View PostCHRIS_UK, on 30 July 2013 - 11:52 AM, said:

Just thought i would post this and see what you guys think.

There was a thunderstorm last night, and after it had cleared, a few hours later i saw this.

The location is Pontefract UK.

The light in the central/top left between the chimneys? There was no sound or anything, it just hung in the air.

All comments welcome.

Posted Image
Uploaded with ImageShack.us



well considering that there are another 4 points of the same 'type' of white light, then my first thought is, its just a light. It has a flatish top and rounded bottom, like the other lights. Or maybe an elongated oval...

So you cant see the pole, thats true of many street lights in certain condidtions, so my thoughts are its the 'SAME' as the other lights, and it could simply be a reflection of the other lights, or a light where the pole isnt visible.

Had there been no other lights in the pic, it may be a bit more intriguing.

As Quilius implied, had I seen such a strange light Id have used whatever available to photo it and take a video, maybe even banging my neighbours door to have them take a look too! If I truly thought I was seing a ufo I certainly wouldnt stop watching after 5 mins. Id have gone out in the street in its direction to see better.

As it didnt excite you so much, Id say you were aware it was nothing unusual.

Plus, the light to the right of the pic, again above the houses, also shows no pole.

My thoughts then are, nothing UFO related Im afraid

Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored
It's not the depth of the rabbit hole that bugs me... It's all the rabbit poop you stumble over on your way down...
“It's easier to fool people - than to convince them that they have been fooled.”  Mark Twain

#7    Yes_Man

Yes_Man

    hi

  • Member
  • 7,961 posts
  • Joined:22 Apr 2006
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Portsmouth

Posted 30 July 2013 - 02:31 PM

There is a pole but look very closely, see the light? follow down to a white box and you get the image in your head.

The other one could be inside yourhouse


#8    Asadora

Asadora

    Astral Projection

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 677 posts
  • Joined:06 Jan 2013
  • Gender:Not Selected

Posted 30 July 2013 - 02:36 PM

I also live in the UK and there were other thunderstorms in my area and surrounding area. So, I can confirm that yes there were thunderstorms in the UK yesterday. (Don't want there to be any heated debates about 'was it really a thunderstorm?') ;)
:tu:

Good quality picture btw, very steady hands!

Edited to add: Is it possible it could have been a sprite? http://en.wikipedia....ite_(lightning)

Edited by Asadora, 30 July 2013 - 02:37 PM.

"From time to time there appear on the face of the earth men of rare and consummate excellence, who dazzle us by their virtue, and whose outstanding qualities shed a stupendous light. Like those extraordinary stars of whose origins we are ignorant, and of whose fate, once they have vanished, we know even less, such men have neither forebears nor descendants: they are the whole of their race."  -- Jean de la Bruyere 1645-1696.

#9    seeder

seeder

    Nut Cracker

  • Member
  • 8,994 posts
  • Joined:21 Nov 2012
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:UK. There if you need me

  • Never forget that only the weak fish swim with the stream, and a lie travels half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes

Posted 30 July 2013 - 02:57 PM

View PostAsadora, on 30 July 2013 - 02:36 PM, said:

I also live in the UK and there were other thunderstorms in my area

Me too, in UK.  Slightly off topic but... I came back from holiday  a few days ago, and there had been storms after the heatwave. My TV was blown, along with my digi box, cordless phones, DVD, desktop PC, router, in fact just about all my electronic entertainment gadgets...

I only knew it was down to the storms as my neighbours lost their TV and leccy stuff too, they said a massive crack of thunder/lightening happened literally over the block

Talk about being pished off. If only Id unplugged everything first....   :no:

Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored
It's not the depth of the rabbit hole that bugs me... It's all the rabbit poop you stumble over on your way down...
“It's easier to fool people - than to convince them that they have been fooled.”  Mark Twain

#10    CHRIS_UK

CHRIS_UK

    Alien Embryo

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 43 posts
  • Joined:20 Jul 2013
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Yorkshire

  • Humour is the key :D

Posted 31 July 2013 - 10:17 AM

Ok heres the story of this. I appologise if this offends anyone.

I have been doing some of my own research into sightings and experiences that people have, and the effects of influence on people. I am quite a scaptical person and i like to debunk things before i jump to outlandish conclusions. I had to experiment here without giving myself away to get proper feedback and research results.

I will firstly point out that i myself took this photo, and it is 100% real. There is no photoshopping nor tomfoolery going on. The object however is not a UFO or unexplained object. It was taken on a Samsung Galaxy phone, so nothing special.

The light (in the pic) does NOT have a post on it, whereas all of the others do, even the one near the factory chimneys (red lights).

I wanted to test my theory that given the right circumstances, and by feeding in the right information 'Thunderstorm', 'No Sound', 'Hung in the Air', people can be more open to the powers of suggestion. I was very impressed by most of the replies to this thread as they were very accurate and mostly non assuming.

Quillius, hit on this straight off with the 5 minutes thing. I stopped watching after a few minutes because i realised the truth.

I was sat looking through this website coincidentally and decided to have a fag. As i sparked up and went toward the window i saw it. I automatically assumed it was a streetlight (in particular the one seen in the right hand side of the picture) so i moved around but the position didn't change regardless where in the room i stood.

The window opened toward the 'light' in the sky, so in order to see better i opened the window wider to get a better look. Bingo!

If the light in the window is at 12 o'clock. There is a streetlight at 6 o'clock making this reflection look like it is in the sky. Simples. No UFO, no Photoshopping, just a reflection.

The purpose of this wasn't to make anyone look stupid or fool anyone, besides collecting my own info, it was merely an eyeopener to people to think rationally before they make a conclusion, because people do not always provide all of the facts when they declare they have seen something. Personally, if i saw something, i would take as much video/photgraphic evidence as possible and give as wide a scope on the subject as possible. It also serves as a reminder of how easy it is to hoax without the need for special equipment.

Once again appologies if any offense was caused, but in my experience, research results are not accurate when people know what is going on. Thanks to all who took the time to read and make an input.

Chris


#11    Megan marti

Megan marti

    Alien Embryo

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 47 posts
  • Joined:31 Jul 2013
  • Gender:Female

Posted 31 July 2013 - 12:28 PM

I had an experience of seeing some bright light in the sky once.it was 7:30 P.M. It is white and is glittering. It is not a star nor a planet as it is bigger.i dnt knw wat it is.it was there glowing for a few minutes.its light grew brighter and then dimmed off.again its light grew bright and then it disappeard.i thought it was some comet but it wasnt moving actually.


#12    Sweetpumper

Sweetpumper

    Heatseeker

  • Member
  • 10,259 posts
  • Joined:19 Dec 2003
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Avengers Tower

Posted 31 July 2013 - 02:41 PM

View PostCHRIS_UK, on 31 July 2013 - 10:17 AM, said:

Ok heres the story of this. I appologise if this offends anyone.

I have been doing some of my own research into sightings and experiences that people have, and the effects of influence on people. I am quite a scaptical person and i like to debunk things before i jump to outlandish conclusions. I had to experiment here without giving myself away to get proper feedback and research results.

I will firstly point out that i myself took this photo, and it is 100% real. There is no photoshopping nor tomfoolery going on. The object however is not a UFO or unexplained object. It was taken on a Samsung Galaxy phone, so nothing special.

The light (in the pic) does NOT have a post on it, whereas all of the others do, even the one near the factory chimneys (red lights).

I wanted to test my theory that given the right circumstances, and by feeding in the right information 'Thunderstorm', 'No Sound', 'Hung in the Air', people can be more open to the powers of suggestion. I was very impressed by most of the replies to this thread as they were very accurate and mostly non assuming.

Quillius, hit on this straight off with the 5 minutes thing. I stopped watching after a few minutes because i realised the truth.

I was sat looking through this website coincidentally and decided to have a fag. As i sparked up and went toward the window i saw it. I automatically assumed it was a streetlight (in particular the one seen in the right hand side of the picture) so i moved around but the position didn't change regardless where in the room i stood.

The window opened toward the 'light' in the sky, so in order to see better i opened the window wider to get a better look. Bingo!

If the light in the window is at 12 o'clock. There is a streetlight at 6 o'clock making this reflection look like it is in the sky. Simples. No UFO, no Photoshopping, just a reflection.

The purpose of this wasn't to make anyone look stupid or fool anyone, besides collecting my own info, it was merely an eyeopener to people to think rationally before they make a conclusion, because people do not always provide all of the facts when they declare they have seen something. Personally, if i saw something, i would take as much video/photgraphic evidence as possible and give as wide a scope on the subject as possible. It also serves as a reminder of how easy it is to hoax without the need for special equipment.

Once again appologies if any offense was caused, but in my experience, research results are not accurate when people know what is going on. Thanks to all who took the time to read and make an input.

Chris

Gollly, thanks for the lesson.

"At it's most basic level, science is supposed to represent the investigation of the unexplained, not the explanation of the uninvestigated."
- Hunt for the Skinwalker

"So many people forget that the first country the Nazis invaded was their own." Dr. Abraham Erskine




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users